Games you thought you'd love but you turned out hating them.

cormacdffy

Nov 19, 2009
Most recently Brutal Legend. I don't really hate it but after playing the demo I thought it would be a fun hack 'n' slash sandbox game, and once I bought it I found the stage battles to be a real chore. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't so bloody many of them! I'm stuck on the final battle and I'm just too frustrated to even try it anymore!

But on the upside I now know to call my child Diviculus, because its such an awesome name :)

InfernoJesus

Aug 18, 2009
IamSofaKingRaw said:
InfernoJesus said:
Prototype, Killzone 2, and Guild Wars.
You didn't like Kilzone 2? o_O
Not at all. It just seemed like cod4 with worse graphics, less movement fluidity, and less variety in weapons/boosters. The worst part was the weight of everything in the game. It was as though every gun was a 300 pound club that had to be swung around to aim at something.

I was really psyched for it too. Definitely won't be getting Killzone 3.

spacelemon

Apr 25, 2010
Red Dead Redemption. My friends loved it, said it was great, i played it, and i just found it incredibly boring

Mrkittycat

Dec 2, 2009
Just Cause 2
Repetitive beyond anything else.
and............
the new Prince of Persia. Never saved right, plus the fighting was too easy.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Oblivion.

I even held off buying it so I would stick with Morrowind a little longer. But then I played it, and realised it was a shallow, uninteresting meadow simulator.

Simmo8591

May 20, 2009
The last Remnant.

FF 13 wasnt out for a while, I had played most other RPG's on 360 and love Squeenix to death. Then this game appeared and I just couldnt play it. There was no sense of fun, the loading screens were ridiculous and the story was bewildering.

but then FF 13 came out... and all was right with the world again

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
Tales of symphonia. I bought it because of the good reviews and played it for an hour before the confusing controls, excessive amounts of details, and terrible dialog got to be too much to bear.

Guitar hero 4. The vocals system was TERRIBLE and the interface on the whole just looked ugly. I normally love rhythem games, but as a vocalist the system was just too awful.

Champions online. They said playing as a superhero would be unique, but in reality it was a grindfest like any other MMORPG.

Herianden78

Apr 8, 2009
Too Human, my buddy was like OMG ITS GONNA BE SO COOL AND SHIT WOW, than i got it and I can honestly say it is the worst game i have ever played ever. not the worst game ever, just the worst one I've played. Incidentally, it's the reason i swore off X-play, they reviewed it and were like. Oh yeah it's great the control scheme works just fine! 4/5!! Pissed me off so much. That game is so bad, i can't overstate my hatred for it enough.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Mass Effect.

I'd heard so many good things about it, then I finally got around to borrowing it from a friend, and bleh, it bored me.

Yarpie

Jun 24, 2010
The original Sacred. I thought it sounded awesome, a Diablo-style game with interesting classes as well as big set piece battles and a world which you could explore in it's entirety from the get go. But no, it was a buggy mess to say the least.

The weapons scaled very oddly, the world was about as restricted as it could be without invisible walls (if you went some place you were not supposed to, you would get absolutely wrecked), the spells were unbalanced as all hell (I had a stun trap with a cooldown shorter than the duration of the stun, go figure), the game would crash on me about once an hour and there were bugs pretty much everywhere. While all this might have been fixed in later patches, I simply didn't have the patients for it. I still consider one of the worst games I have ever played.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Prototype was crap.

Great idea, but they completely failed in realising it. It doesn't help that the story makes no sense and the protagonist's just a wanker. I can like heroes, and I can like anti-heroes. I cannot like wankers.

Thebiggestpanda

Nov 18, 2009
Mass Effect 2. I loved the first one. In the second one, everyones personality was either changed or amplified to make the game more angsty. Also, The level design just diddn't flow well in ME2. For example, in the first one you had to go through the airlock of your ship to go to an outside area. In ME2 you just randomly load outside. Also, I found the new badguys to be bland and uninteresting and the combat to be too much like gears of war. Why the hell did they add ammo as a feature?

Ducktard

Aug 9, 2010
Prototype

I thought it would be alot of fun, running around, splashing people with my mighty arms and shit, but the story was.. boring and confusing and after hyping around with the claws for a while they were taken from me for an impossible mission where you're supposed to break like ten tanks, and when you have, there just comes more and more of them

I'm not completely awesomely skilled at games like that, but that was impossible for me and sucked all the fun out of it

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
AVP3 - How did they mess this up?
Resi 5
Red Dead Redemption
MAG
Bad Company 2 (Single player)
God of War Collection
Wipeout HD
MW2

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
InfernoJesus said:
IamSofaKingRaw said:
InfernoJesus said:
Prototype, Killzone 2, and Guild Wars.
You didn't like Kilzone 2? o_O
Not at all. It just seemed like cod4 with worse graphics (lolwut?), less movement fluidity (well trying to run with heavy armour and packs is hard), and less variety in weapons/boosters (True hopefully they will change that in KZ3). The worst part was the weight of everything in the game (I found it a refreshing change from MW2 where everyone is as precise as Solid Snake). It was as though every gun was a 300 pound club that had to be swung around to aim at something.

I was really psyched for it too. Definitely won't be getting Killzone 3.
I don't know about you but
[/spoiler]
looks much better than [spoiler=this][img src=http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/784/784798/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-20070501010209706_640w.jpg][/spoiler]

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
Oblivion, although I love Fallout 3.

Red Dead Redemption, although I love GTA 4.

Resident Evil 5, although I love Resident Evil 4.

Soul Calibur 4, although I love Soul Calibur 2.

And Pokemon Diamond, although I love Heart Gold.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Twilight Princess. They said it was so great, but it was so, so, awful. Ditto with Mass Effect 2 and GTA IV for various reasons, although to an infinitely lesser degree.