Games you want remade with better graphics?

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Obligatory Final Fantasy VII shout-out. The gameplay has aged really well, but the visuals have not. Why the remake decided to rebuild the entire gameplay system from scratch, I will never know.

Also, the entire Ultima series, up through the VII duology (and Underworld games). Update the sprites to around the level of the Final Fantasy PSP remakes, add some actual sprite animations to I-V (and some more animations to VI), and rebuild the interface to modern levels of intuitiveness and convenience. They're still all fantastic games, but it's really hard to get into the series when the actual play of them is so very dated.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Dr. McD said:
Strazdas said:
F.E.A.R. The game had amazingly fun physics engine. Do a graphics uplift and its great.
I agree, also to make it less robotic. The game's animations, or it's models. It just felt very unrealistic. I don't know what it is but I think it's the animations.
Well i think its quite fitting given that the enemies are mind-controlled cloned supersoldiers. They kinda are supposed to be robotic, especially the hardware enhanced ones like heavies.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Dr. McD said:
Strazdas said:
Dr. McD said:
Strazdas said:
F.E.A.R. The game had amazingly fun physics engine. Do a graphics uplift and its great.
I agree, also to make it less robotic. The game's animations, or it's models. It just felt very unrealistic. I don't know what it is but I think it's the animations.
Well i think its quite fitting given that the enemies are mind-controlled cloned supersoldiers. They kinda are supposed to be robotic, especially the hardware enhanced ones like heavies.
But it doesn't fit everyone else, nor does it fit the apparitions. And even then while the replicas can't function without a commander they do seem to have some amount of humanity to them. At the very least they partly have their own independent thought processes and emotions so they're more than just robots.
Fair enough. Im not against the improvement of animations. I just think a lot of it can be explained via ingame role so i didnt find it so jarring as you did.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Mostly Squaresoft-stuff, Vagrant Story being my top pick closely followed by Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Parasite Eve.

Just to be clear on this: Don't touch gameplay or story, just update the graphics and make the music sound modern (not remixed). But at this point I'd take an HD release of Vagrant Story anytime.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Maybe KOTOR 1 and 2 only to get my stupid brother to give that danm game a go (he was put of from the graphic, like wth? It's fine but in saying so he only bought FF13 for the graphic alone).
Damn, beaten almost straight away lol. KOTOR is the game I instantly thought of.

Ah well, lets see what else do I desperately want?

A HD Majoras Mask. One like this trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw[/youtube]
With remastered music from Theophany https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqAT2qVFRs[/youtube]. The 3DS one was great but this AMAZING game deserves to be given the full HD treatment. The atmosphere is already superb on N64 but imagine it with a dynamic world with environmental effects and such!

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
Well I'd be thrilled if I could get a upgraded version of Black & White.

Not only just better graphics though, as it would be absolutly perfect for VR support. Just imagine playing God in VR and actually using your hands to fling firballs and rocks everywhere. Toss in a working multiplayer and I'd be all over that!

Come to think of it, I'd like someone to simply re-release the old games somewhere as they seem impossible to find other than a physical copy.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Maybe KOTOR 1 and 2 only to get my stupid brother to give that danm game a go (he was put of from the graphic, like wth? It's fine but in saying so he only bought FF13 for the graphic alone).
Then show him Mass Effect.

I kid, but have you tried showing him modded KotOR or just vanilla? Plenty of good texture mods that bump it up graphically from early 'oughts to at least mid 'oughts.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Gottesstrafe said:
Scarim Coral said:

I kid, but have you tried showing him modded KotOR or just vanilla? Plenty of good texture mods that bump it up graphically from early 'oughts to at least mid 'oughts.
He already played and is big fan of the ME franchise! Even then he's not a pc player anymore.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Gottesstrafe said:
Scarim Coral said:

He already played and is big fan of the ME franchise! Even then he's not a pc player anymore.
Then tell him KotOR is just ME during a time when Bioware was really really excited about sharing its Star Wars fanfic but before it could work up the guts to write its own OC donutsteel.

KotOR ain't that intensive, you don't need a rig to play it. I've run it on a cheap laptop I bought in 2008 without much issues. Although if he insists on playing the games on console there may be some issues. KotOR 1 is okay, but I wouldn't even dream of touching KotOR 2 vanilla. I'm not even venturing into "PC Master Race" territory when I say KotOR 2 on console is objectively the worst port of the game.

AXimilao_Elotus

Aug 13, 2016
I'm surprised these haven't already been mentioned...

I would really love to see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 get a visual face lift considering they are the last installments in the series that still need to be cleaned up. I'm not even dismissing them as bad games on any merit, but visually it would just be awesome to get the full effect of the storylines that set the stage for Metal Gear Solid.

This request seems to be a common topic whenever MGS fans talk about remakes and HD editions, but up until this point there seems to have been a higher priority of focus towards the other titles in the franchise. Now that everything has come full circle, I really hope they run with the idea. More importantly, if they do, I especially hope Konami can still deliver an acceptable experience even without Kojima's guidance.

Random Encounter

Feb 17, 2011
I'd love to see Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door get a HD remake with 60 fps. Nintendo could probably do this on their upcoming NX console and it wouldn't even require them to really remake the game.

Lodgem

Dec 11, 2009
Country
Australia
Gothic and Gothic II. I've never played Gothic III, but while I'm imagining I may as well imagine that one remade as well.

Graphics quality has never been a major showstopper for me, but the graphics in those games are seriously dated and I'd love to see those games remade with modern graphics.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
FF8:
I love the game.
But the graphics, like many early 3D games, suffers from some very questionable graphics.

I've recently tried to replay the original Twisted Metal and find it damn near impossible.
The graphics are too damn dated and the controls are shit.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Shining Force(s) I and II. I?d like to see them remastered, just not sure how one might go about remastering a 16-bit title and its 2D sprites for current technologies and adhere to the spiritual core of the original. I?d want everything exactly the same, just better graphics; I?m thinking 3D battlefields with over-the-shoulder view of your party, kind of like an RTS zoomed way in keeping the chess-like turn-based combat if that makes any sense. Meh, I?ll just play the originals on the Sega Genesis Collection on the 360? AGAIN.

Also, Beyond Oasis. I think it?d lend itself more easily to a remaster being more of an action/adventure-style game, maybe something in the vein of a less OTT Devil May Cry.

Actually, I?d settle for a reboot of both franchises as long as they kept true to the original gameplay and adventures?

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Honestly? Something from the NES-era or early 3D. Also DOOM-style graphics (don't know the technical term). I personally believe that a Skyrim remastering...well, it looks nice, but it doesn't really seem necessary. Skyrim already looks pretty good by seventh-gen standards.

On the whole, early 3D is the era I would remaster (Spyro, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Jet Set Radio, Jak and Daxter, the GTA III sub-series, etc) because they've aged the worst IMO.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
william1657 said:
I would love a copy of Megaman Legends 1 & 2 with updated graphics (and decent voice quality).
How about decent voice acting? I kid, I kid...sort of.