Games you want remade with better graphics?

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
Jet Force Gemini. Loved that game on the 64. I'd really love to see the original FF Tactics or the psp War of the Lions remake with better graphics, not really sure what you'd do tho. Honestly, just a 3ds release of WotL would make me incredibly happy.

Ayame Murasaki

Crazy cannibal elf chick.
Mar 28, 2014
Xerosch said:
Mostly Squaresoft-stuff, Vagrant Story being my top pick closely followed by Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Parasite Eve.

Just to be clear on this: Don't touch gameplay or story, just update the graphics and make the music sound modern (not remixed). But at this point I'd take an HD release of Vagrant Story anytime.
Vagrant Story! Yes! Fuck, I thought nobody else ever played that game, but it is wonderful. I would do so many dirty things to see Sydney Losstarot in high def...

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Quest for Glory 1-5 redone as an action/RPG. Keep the same humor, the variations on story branches by class and choice. Overall for its time the game was hella deep and kept record of all your accomplishments between each in the series. I think its the first game series that imported saves from the last game, at least the first I encountered.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Aside from agreeing with everyone else about KOTOR I'm going to say Naval Ops Warship Gunner, one of the most unique naval combat games that actually let you design your own ships. I've been playing it a lot again and I'd give anything to see it remade with modern graphics.

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
I can't believe no one's said this yet but Burnout 3 (or revenge but I'd prefer 3).

The emphasis on Burnout (post Burnout 3) was causing and enjoying car crashes. They looked really damn good for the time and this was the PS2 era. Imagine how cool the crashes, the explosions, the flying car parts and broken glass will look with modern graphics.

I really loved Crash mode (where you try to cause the biggest pile up you can) and maybe with modern graphics you can do not only better looking cars/crashes but more cars on the screen too.

Another thing Burnout did really well was their sense of speed which is something else modern graphics can improve.

Myria

Sanity Challenged
Nov 15, 2009
Voodoo Vince.

I feel like I'm the only one that even remembers that game, let alone liked it, but it was a pretty fun 3D platformer that I'd like to see get a second chance at fame...

Oh, and Parasite Eve I & II, of course. I wouldn't mind seeing Parasite Eve II redone in full 3D, though I'd imagine many would see that as heresy.

Come to think of it, after playing the recent updates of Day of The Tentacle and Gabriel Knight: Sins of The Fathers, I'd love to see most of the old Lucas Arts -- Full Throttle, especially, I've heard rumors an update of it is the works -- and Sierra adventure games get redone. Trilobyte's The 7th Guest, too, though I think I'd leave The 11th Hour dead and buried.

Sadly I don't think redoing the FMV games would work, though. The cheese of Phantasmagoria and Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within were so much a product of their time.

Myria

Sanity Challenged
Nov 15, 2009
Myria said:
Voodoo Vince.

I feel like I'm the only one that even remembers that game, let alone liked it, but it was a pretty fun 3D platformer that I'd like to see get a second chance at fame...
Much to my surprise, looks like I'm going to get my wish:

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I want the PSX Final Fantasy trilogy remade and put on the 3DS, kinda like how the NES/Famicom Final Fantasy titles were put on the GBA with better graphics and the SNES/Super Famicom Final Fantasy games were given updated...translations(?) and put on the GBA. Final Fantasy 1-6 have been remade and re-released several times in the past, ESPECIALLY numbers 2 and 4. Final Fantasy X and X-2 were upgraded(?) and re-released on the PS3 and PS4 and it looks like we're about to get Final Fantasy XII on the PS4.

So what makes this trio of games so special that they haven't been updated and re-released? Sure they're all on Steam and PSN and probably the XBLA-Market (haven't been there in ages) but there's something so quaint about those Nintendo Handheld versions. Hell, Final Fantasy III and IV on the DS were pretty excellent if a bit difficult. I would absolutely love it if Final Fantasy VII and IX were given light graphical updates and maybe some balance tweaks (lookin' at you FF7) maybe take another look at limit breaks (FF9), and pop those bastiches on the 3DS. I'd be perfectly happy if FF7-3DS continued to use the lego-characters outside of combat.

Final Fantasy VIII is the elephant in the room but I still want to see that remade and re-released. Squall had an actual character and actual dialog in the original which I'd love to see in an official capacity. The draw/junction system isn't a bad idea but it's executed pretty poorly. I like that GFs can be powered up but I'd like to be able to unlock a way to have that happen instantly...and I'd like to be able to skip GF cutscenes. I'd still like to see this on the 3DS since I don't see why it wouldn't be possible but if we can get a trio-compilation out on some other platform that would still be pretty great. I know Square-Enix isn't as anti-Nintendo as other devs but I don't know if they'd put property as big as that on a Nintendo Handheld at this point.

---

One another note along these lines: I really wouldn't mind if the first 6 Final Fantasy titles were re-released on the 3DS. Just saying.