Games you want remade with better graphics?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
For example, I truly think a remake of Shadow of the Colossus with better graphics on the level of say the Crysis 3 would actually improve the game's immersive value I mean the game already has such a detailed art style and mood and visuals that just remake it with better graphics of today would actually improve (if done right of course)

Another game I also want remade with better graphics is Metroid Prime.

EDIT: Also to mods please placed this thread in the gaming discussion.

I sometimes forget that I had the page at Off-topic.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I dunno, those games have aged rather well in the visuals department. I'd go further back for games that would benefit from graphical overhauls like, say, Daggerfall. I mean, nearly every monster, NPC and prop is comprised of 2D sprites, for Azura's sake! Toss in a slew of bug fixes, stability improvements, cut content restorations, full mod support and an improved seed algorithm for random dungeons so they aren't so stupidly large and labyrinthine and I'd have the best Elder Scrolls experience since Morrowind.

Of course, what I'm proposing is probably too ambitious for Daggerfall's creaking game engine, but the fan made Unity port currently under development has serious potential:

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Maybe KOTOR 1 and 2 only to get my stupid brother to give that danm game a go (he was put of from the graphic, like wth? It's fine but in saying so he only bought FF13 for the graphic alone).

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
The KOTORs deserve, at the very least, a resolution bump, if not a flat out full overhaul.

Then... hmmm... let me dig through my Steam catalog...

Shit, I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Well, with this particular game, it would have to be a complete rebuild/reboot, not just better graphics as there are so many technical issues, it would dissolve your spleens. But Body Harvest. Oh and I'll throw in the original Perfect Dark. Jet Force Gemini I think would look fantastic with a modernised graphical update.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
First Mafia game. It's still a unique game to this day. Which is so weird when you think about it. We live in the era of open world games and crime dramas and one of the most interesting periods of 20th century America has only been explored once 15 years ago.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
AccursedTheory said:
The KOTORs deserve, at the very least, a resolution bump, if not a flat out full overhaul.

Then... hmmm... let me dig through my Steam catalog...

Shit, I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
Bioware is making a Star Wars game. My hope is basically that they make a new Kotor game that basically re-canonizes Revan fully into the "new canon" of Star Wars.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'm going to say the same thing as always.

Legacy of Kain. The entire series, please. Keep the gameplay, keep the story, keep the original voice recording, everything - just pretty them up to a uniform modern standard. And you will get all the monies.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
All the classic N64 games. NO! Nooo! no. Not the garbage 3DS remakes, where they fuck up certain designs, screw with the lighting, and not even be bother to get good voice actors.

A proper remake for console where they don't contribute any little changes (unless the designer is not a moron).

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I'd love to see Soul Reaver remade with todays technology.

Hell, why not the entire Legacy of Kain series?

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
First Mafia game. It's still a unique game to this day. Which is so weird when you think about it. We live in the era of open world games and crime dramas and one of the most interesting periods of 20th century America has only been explored once 15 years ago.
Totally with you on this. It was a fantastic world, and did quite a lot with the "limitations" of the period. Set up great ambushes, very involved story for the time, and more interesting open world concept than the more recent one.

For me, I'd love to see:
- Syndicate: an actual tactical squad shooter, not the FPS, although that was alright
- KoToR: agree with everyone, this is a superb RPG that hasn't aged all too well
- XCOM Terror from the Deep: Although I have a feeling this is already somewhat in the pipeline

Athennesi

Jul 28, 2016
I would kill for Arcanum remake. Too many are pointless these days, but that one ( even on an old engine, like the one from Dragon Age: Origins) could easily surpass the original.
And I wouldn't say no, to one for Bloodlines either. :p

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Can we disqualify anything that's less than 10 years old?
Why, when so many were made with relatively crappy graphics in the first place so they would fit into the capabilities of a 360? Many such games would benefit greatly from a graphical upgrade.

Athennesi said:
I would kill for Arcanum remake. Too many are pointless these days, but that one ( even on an old engine, like the one from Dragon Age: Origins) could easily surpass the original.
And I wouldn't say no, to one for Bloodlines either. :p
Oh hell yes. Arcanum remade would be wonderful! And you can add to that Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
infohippie said:
canadamus_prime said:
Why, when so many were made with relatively crappy graphics in the first place so they would fit into the capabilities of a 360? Many such games would benefit greatly from a graphical upgrade.
Because you'd have to be truly petty to want a graphical update of anything that's less than 10 years old.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Not that big into remakes - if I liked a game the first time, I can usually enjoy it still, and I'd rather that resources be allocated elsewhere. When I want a remake, it's usually for reasons of me not being able to play the original. But if I had to choose:

-Army Men 2: Sarge's Heroes (get it to the Dreamcast level, where the inside of a house isn't just empty blackness)

-Killzone (maybe)

-Marathon (all of them...heck, "ye olde school" of FPS seems to be a thing right now, so come on Bungie, give Marathon some love)

-Metroid 2: The Return of Samus (akin to Zero Mission)

-Myth (all of them so I can, y'know, actually play them)

-Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (I'd say RE2 as well, but that's apparently getting the remake treatment)

-Warcraft I: Orcs and Humans (make it palatable as well while you're at it ;p)

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
infohippie said:
canadamus_prime said:
Because you'd have to be truly petty to want a graphical update of anything that's less than 10 years old.
infohippie said:
...so many were made with relatively crappy graphics in the first place so they would fit into the capabilities of a 360
Honestly, a lot of games from the past ten years have looked pretty shit. A great example is Skyrim, which in fact IS being re-released with updated graphics because the original release looked crap. It's not being released with updated ENOUGH graphics since even the re-release doesn't look as good as mods can make the original look, but it's something. Mass Effect is another, as is Dragon Age Origins. They looked okay for their day, but that day was most of a decade ago. Put next to modern games and they look very rough indeed. So don't sneer just because people would like their games not to be rubbing sandpaper over their eyes.