games you WISH they made sequels to

LV Solace

May 8, 2008
while I'm here lets go with SSBB, I like the game it's a good simple, rewarding game. I do like imagining character X beating the living hell out of character Y. it's fun because it's usually sonic beating the liing hell out of mario.

I'd like to see another sometime int he next two years. not in another seven.

Mitijea

May 12, 2008
I'd love to see a sequel to Drakan: The Ancients' Gates. What they could do with this on the newer systems could be amazing - a medieval GTA with flying dragons and swordplay. What's not to like?

I could see it now: Stealing someones dragon, and instead of an alarm going off, the dragon turns its head and crisps you to cinders because you forgot to use a charm spell on it.

Jarfis

Sep 10, 2007
Homeworld 3
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident 2
Longest Journey 3
(personally speaking) Star Trek: Elite force 3
Age of Mythology 2
Black & White 3
Age of Mythology 2
and probably more that i cant think of at the moment.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Dino Crisis 2 - I mean a proper sequal, not that space-zombie-dinosaur travesty they released a few years back.
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes - Those games were liquid awesome. Once again, Circle of Doom doesn't count; that played completely different.
HALOZ 3 - ROFL!11
Shadow of the Collossus - I loved that game. As Yahtzee said, the Crysis engine would be perfect for it.

Curbsidewhiskey

May 12, 2008
Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis. That was probably the best game I have ever played. I hope someone makes a sequel or just straight up remakes the game. My favorite part of the game was that EVERYTHING exploded. It was so simple yet addicting and marvelous. Unfortunately the only thing I guess I can do is just play it on Game Tap because God knows no one really has a WORKING Sega Genesis, let alone a Gunstar Heroes game. Last I check (on ebay) the sucker was wroth like $50. But that was years ago.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Anarchemitis said:
Where is Homeworld 3?
Seconded. Relic really needs to revive this franchise. The first was (and still is) one of the best RTS's ever made and one of my personal favorite games. The second didn't do the series justice and was not a good way to end it.

Slingback78

Apr 16, 2008
Seconded Beyond Good and Evil and The Longest Journey, thirding Anachronox. All really great story driven action/adventure games, all with cliffhanger endings, most with no chance for conclusion due to low profits (although I hear FunCom is making an episodic sequel to Longest Journey).

That said, Loongest Journey 3 will hopefully drop the "action" bit and stick to pure adventure. The fighting sequences in Dreamfall were deeply awkward.

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
I'm still waiting on the sequel to Star Wars Republic Commando... well that and the next installment of Golden Sun.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
darkdox said:
I have to say definitely Haven call of the king.
If anyone got the strategy guide it says plain as day

"Prepare for the Sequel"

It never happened.
Absolutely. I think it lost out on sales, and was often overlooked in favour of the more 'extreme' settings of Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank in terms of rival platformers. Still, it was a great treasure-hunting, action-filled epic which deserves to be honoured with a sequel just as good.

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
What really needs a sequel though is Beyond Good & Evil.
This game blew me out of my socks. Never played anything like it!
The plot was amazing and the artistic design was some of the best I've seen.
The characters were so real and lovable... I could go on for ages.
If you haven't played this and you're lucky enough to find it somewhere, buy it, you won't regret it for a second.

Psychonauts is worth a sequel too.
Both are very unique games and both sold very badly, shame.

aquana

May 12, 2008
Dungeon Keeper 3 = WANT. But I'd give an organ or two for another decent Monkey Island game as well.

weirdaljedifan2

Apr 12, 2008
A 4th Super Smash Bros. game (if possible). The next Kirby game. Another Wii Sports (completely different from the first one)

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
Mine are more recent but these games need sequals:
Assassin's Creed(despite some annoyances it was a terrific game)
Mass Effect(almost positive a sequal is in progress)
Crackdown(Hilarious and fun)
Overlord(Fable meets Pikmin Awesomeness follows immediately)