Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

tratorix

May 4, 2008
Dynasty Warriors 6. I honestly have no idea how koei decided using 2 buttons for combat was actually too hard.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
I regret buying Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory not because I didn't like it- I did- but because I traded away two much better and longer lasting games to get it: Metal Arms and Burnout 3.
@ThaBenMan: I agree with your possible heartbreakers. I haven't preordered them but I'm really hoping they'll be good and dreadin that they won't be.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
GTA San Andreas. It was great screwing around but after a while I wanted to go through the storyline. Way WAY to hard. It is the same with DMC 3. Seems to me that difficulty is the main reason people regret buying games

FranicalFrazical

May 5, 2008
Call of Juarez got rid of it witihn 3 hours of purchase
Lego Star Wars
Rainbow 6 Vegas (shock and awe) I have never been so bored playing video games in my life bar Juarez

greygelgoog

Dec 29, 2007
War Monger of Yabucua said:
Those assfuckin games I wish I had'nt bought:
4) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora tommorow: Wat to fuckin scary and difficult

5) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory: Exactly what I said About Pandora Tommorow

6) Doom 3 (PC Version) To fuckin scary!
If the game frightens you perhaps you should stop buying scary software. I'm gonna go play Silent Hill now.

Froce

Apr 27, 2008
Elder Scrolls 4(PC): Doesn't fricken work for sh*t.

Lost In Blue 2: Sucks.

PoTC At World's End: sucks.

Lego Star Wars: Got old really fast.

Tekken 4: didn't even feel like a Tekken game.

deegato

May 5, 2008
Thanx for the Assasins Creed warnings I really wanted to get that game. I always wait until they are cheap but that one I will get from eBay!

Supercross Kings on PC bad graphics that burn your eyes to watch and bad bike physics
so bad I detroyed it so no other may be tortured by it!

TrueCrime NewYork on PS2 I liked TC LA but NY game is a downgrade like I have never seen

Simpsons Road Rage So utterly boring and repetative. Good for a kid maybe...maybe.

Resident Evil 4 To be fair I have never played this series before and I really dont like
blonde heroes to begin with but I have tried and tried and cannot get into
the flow. The character movement is odd for me and whats with the
Search box...Do you want the gold...Yes now take the gold.
Just pick it up when I get near it!! JEEZ

L4mbd4

Apr 29, 2008
"'Clive Barker's 'Clive Barker's Jericho'" - Explanation not needed other than I am an idiot.
TimeShift - Shamelessly rips off Half-Life 2, but fun. Unfortunately, not much.
Half-Life: Blue Shift - Opposing Force was good, this must be too. FAIL
Juiced: Oh great, more Need For Speed ripoffs.
Nickelodeon Party Blast - I bought it for my 5-year-old cousin. I'm not THAT crazy!
NBA Live '06 - Hey, it was 5 bucks and had super easy achievements.
Serious Sam II - OH GOD, THE REPETITION!!!
Microsoft Flight Simulator - How could something so bland be made successful?
Microsoft Train Simulator - Like Flight Sim, but you can't control your direction!
Orange Box (360) - I love the Box, but have you tried to play TF2 on a CONSOLE?
Any expansion pack for the Sims.
Tomb Raider anything.
Zero Wing - Yes, its the ALL YOUR BASE one. I still have it and play it for laughs.

I would like to mention a game I really like that got zero attention: No One Lives Forever.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I'm probably going to get toasted for talking about this classic game...but oh well. Ghosts 'n Goblins. I have never been so pissed off at a game before. Yes, I understand it lead the way for side-scrolling adventure games, blah, blah, blah...but 2 hits and you are dead? Really?

I spent multiple hours hating that game and a couple more hating the fact I needed to buy new controllers after smashing the other ones.

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
DMC4-bought it for a system i was borrowing and the story and backtracking ruined it a bit

Saltinecracker

May 6, 2008
yzzlthtz said:
Half Life 1, Half life 2
These are awesome games, but....

i could only play them in 10 minute spurts.

for some reason the developers decided to include motion blur for fast camera movements in these games. this made me very sick to my stomach very fast, so bad that it would ruin a whole evening for me - headache, nausea, vertigo... i REALLY wanted to play these games through, so i'd try....
they cause such physical misery for me that i had to give up on them entirely.

most other fps' are fine, but i'm afraid of trying new ones. Half Life 1 and 2 ruined an entire game genre for me.
THey are GREAT games and i like the story, but u can only stand so much

Saltinecracker

May 6, 2008
ALL of the HALO games, waste of money and time, i don't understand y people are so obsessed with them, seriously! All u do is kill alien things, not that exciting and it requires no tatic. i like a challenge in my games, and yes i did beat legendary

now i bet i'll get tons of hate mail for this

Dcarty745

Mar 12, 2008
Lately games now just seem to be copies of each other i am just getting so sick of it. Developers just take a good fps for example and just churn out a cheaply made copy so i wasn't buying games for a while up until GTA 4 which to date is probably the greatest game i have ever played.

but getting back to the point of this forum......Two Worlds and The Darkness are pieces of shit.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Wild Arms 4: Blech, Battle System so good... story...so bad!

Mercenaries: I found this game FAR too silly to be interesting.

Rome Total War: I never really liked Roman Politics and Medieval Total War 2 came out a few months after I bought this, so it was a waste.

Burnout Revenge: It just wasn't as much fun as Burnout 3

Never Winter Nights Diamond Pack: I really didn't like NWN, it's just not that fun.