Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

tratorix

May 4, 2008
Dynasty Warriors 6: I don't know what I was on that day, but I must have been really out of it to pay full price for this.

Final Fantasy X: Long unskippable cutscenes with terrible voice actors. A boring, tedious story. The single most annoying protagonist I have ever seen in anything(Tidus, or, as I like to call him Weak Excuse For Long Amounts Of Expositionary Dialogue). Glad I only paid 15 bucks for this.

Halo 3: Didn't buy it, got it as a gift. Wanted to play it, but I probably would have just rented it or borrowed it from a friend since I don't play online.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: The game refuses to run in spite of my PC meeting all the system requirements. Again, glad I didn't pay full price.

cmdr31

Jul 13, 2008
Does this count if i rented something. Anyway Bioshock, I just couldn't get into it.

-cmdr31

lousyshot55

Feb 21, 2008
I'd have to say Doom 3, yeah it was creepy in a way to play it through the first time but it didn't have any of flair I thought it would have..."sigh"

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
Unreal 3 for ps3 maybe its a good game just no to me
any one wanna buy it?

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
ArmA
the most annoying game ever to date
with the possible exception of Operation:Flashpoint and Fire Warrior

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
^This is called missing the point - but hey, everyone can't like everything.
You must be the Einstein of the century to get the point of wildly swinging cameras and wonky controls.

For me, Disgaea II. The first game was the most original RPG in years. So fun, so full of memorable characters, catchy music, quirky graphics and art.

Then we get this completely forgettable sequel. Where did the humour go?

DerGermanGuy

Jul 10, 2008
At first I say WoW cause it steals me too many hours of lifetime.
On Second i say Command & Conquer, Warcraft and else like games. My stratetic skills a just too poor.

Gunmanj

Jul 14, 2008
Frontlines: fuel of war. it was not the non-linear game it was supposed to be. you had a gun that was overpowed discouraging me to use any others. and it was a pretty basic fps. I only liked the story because it is so freaking true.

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
The Metal Gear Solid Essential pack something. If I had known ahead of time that I didn't like the stealth action genre, I wouldn't have bought it. Now I can't sell it for more than a $1.80 at GameStop (no joke. It's 60 cents per disc >:/).

ILIKEBEER

Jul 14, 2008
Without a doubt i have to say Army of Two.. the game was pretty cool, cleared it in one night with a firend on X-box live.. then cleared it again the next day solo.. tried the online modes.. for 20 mins.. then never.. ever.. palyed it again.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Really any chain of games (yes, I'm looking at EA sports here) where they just keep releasing the same game each year, perhaps with some new characters, names, a couple of new moves, and some new gear to buy in the shop and decide that's $60 worth.

I'm also looking at the Sims and ..most of all, Championship Manager, when I worked in a store, the release date for CM would come around, and there'd be preorders and people waiting outside at 10 to 9, waiting to buy their copy, and its the SAME...you already own it! STOP buying it again! They've edited the names and released it again for another thirty quid, stop encouraging them!

(btw, I'm a brit who talks to a lot of americans, so my currency and slang tends to drift mid chat quite often.)

Kunzer

Press R to cause ragequit
Jul 14, 2008
Ehrgeiz. SO terrible... It was almost a decade ago but I still miss the $40 or whatever.

GoodbyeRocketship

Jan 23, 2008
bubble ghost. that was the worst. game. ever.

i bought it back in the 90's, from a buddy of mine... it came on 2 floppy disks, and cost me about R40 (about $5)... it was horrible... eye-rapingly horrible... and the funny thing is, it ran waaaay too fast for my 286 (640k ram / 28mhz CPU / EGA graphics). I will still playing "Island Boy", "Mario" and "double dragon" back then, so you can imagine how bad this game had to be...

...actually, i LOVED "double dragon"... classic stuff!

j1-2themax

Jun 30, 2008
Assassin's Creed, NFL Quarterback Club 2001

First one only warranted a rental, the second was just depressing (a downgrade from the one I had from two years ago.)

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
JaguarWong said:
m_jim said:
God Hand - I was reminded of this game when I saw the picture of one of the articles in last week's Escapist issue. I dropped 20 bucks on the game, played it once, then put it away. The camera swings wildly, the controls are wonky, and the dialog is uncomfortably bad.
^This is called missing the point - but hey, everyone can't like everything.
I really don't understand the internet's fascination with God Hand. This reminds me of the people who got pissy when anyone spoke ill of Grindhouse, saying that the movie was supposed to be "bad." I understand that God Hand was supposed to be a crass, self-indulgent video game, which I think is great. The problem is that it has utterly flawed game mechanics and was severely lacking in the fun department, unless you are unreasonably entertained by the prospect of kicking someone into the stratosphere.