Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

Shieldsy

May 1, 2008
RC Racer Pro - I didn't exclusively buy it, came in a pack of 3 games...it sucked...hard.

Cheers

Shieldsy

scoobyduped

Apr 6, 2008
CosmicStorms said:
scoobyduped said:
Call of Duty 3 for the PS2.

The Turning Point demo wasn't worth the time it took to download.
I bought Turning Point, took it back within 2 hours, God that was terrible.
I know, and what's really sad is that they were working with a really interesting concept. Its a game that could have been good, even (dare I say) great, if they had actually put effort into making it.

roy911

Apr 24, 2008
Spider man. My freind recomended it and the $10 it cost at the hawk shop could have been better spent, on a pile of shit.

Tigerzed

Apr 23, 2008
Parasite Eve, that game sucked my soul out through my eye sockets after only an hour.
I also made the mistake of taking a free copy of Big Bumpin' from Burger King, wow what a suckfest, no wonder it was free.

Grady

Apr 24, 2008
Hmm.. Games I wish I hadn't bought.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the DS was a big letdown. Bought it on special for $30, and since then I've never seen it not on special. It sucks, big time and was a massive disappointment after loving earlier TMNT games. Also it's a game by 4kids productions.

Need for speed carbon for the DS is too repetitive (you have to grind the same tracks over and over to unlock new stuff) and the racing is a bit dull after playing earlier NFS games. Spent fucking $60 on it.

Detonator for the PS2, found it on special for $20. Played it once and then never played it again, a boring puzzle game that I hated.

Wave race: Blue storm for the GameCube. I liked Wave Race 64 and found it on special for $20, played it once and never again. Not too appealing but hey, it looks nice on my shelf.

That's all I can think of right now.

Nov 28, 2007
Fatalis67 said:
SSBB: I HATED it, the only point of the game is to be a big service to Nintendo fanboys, which I have NEVER considered myself to be. The characters are unbalanced, the graphics look last-gen, there is no skill involved, and all you do is move and mash the attack button. Oh, and the level editor is the most pathetic I have seen in years.
As much of a cliche as it is to say this, if you think this is a button masher with no skill involved, you aren't playing the game right,

DaftWarhol

Apr 24, 2008
WoW. I'd rather play something that is actually AMUSING me instead of taking over my life. 'nuff said.

zohmbee

Feb 21, 2008
Silent Hill Origins on the PS2- Seriously? This shoudl've STAYED a PSP exclusive add-on to the Silent Hill Series.

Mario Party 8- OH GOOD GOD. There are only, like, 35 minigames in total, the levels are stupid and repetitive and there's no point to even renting it for more than a day.

Siren- If you've played it, you know why. For those who haven't, Siren is a game with little potential. The fact that you have to go back through levels to make sure you kicked a pebble far enough so another person can see it and pick it up, put it in a freezer for five minutes and stick it up his nose, cuz for some reason, that'll help you kill the un-killable enemies that lay wait with their sniper rifles outside is reason enough to get aggrevated with it.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Britanadian said:
WoW. I'd rather play something that is actually AMUSING me instead of taking over my life. 'nuff said.
I really don't see why everyone thinks WoW is such a great MMO. Is it the first one they've played or something?

Domofuhrer

May 1, 2008
This thread finally convinced me to sign up.

Star Wars: Empire at War - poorly designed, space battles were meh and the ground campaign was terrible. Couldn't even get past the first Jedi mission after three tries. This has made me apprehensive of trying any future Petroglyph game again.

Supreme Commander Gold Edition - no matter what I do I just can't egt a game economy running, and I still get over-run. The storyline was shit, so I cut out the middle man and watched the crappy FMV's on youtube.

Civilization: Call to Power - I must state in Activision's rip-off defence that this game had a lot of innovations going for it that Sid Meier's offspring (at the time owned by Microprose) or any future Civ game hasn't bothered to consider. Instead of units that improve the landscape, you assign tax income to Public Works then plop down the improvements on the land. The game had technologies and units that went past 2020. You could build cities in space or in the ocean. Trade was easily visible and could be pirated. It showed things in 3-D for the first time. However the AI was shit, the game was ugly, and it was a massive resource hog for the time.

Civilization: Test of Time - lots of new graphic upgrades and two bland scenarios using the game's four-layered-maps does not justify the high price for a game I already owned. My first exercise in being burnt by game developers. It barely ran on my old HP Pavilion and won't install on newer machines.

Empire Earth 2 - I liked the original, I really did. The scenarios were well-crafted, units were balanced, and it was a decent game for its time. The expansion pack for the original, when Mad Doc Software started putting their hand into it, was a real fore-runner of things to come with a lack of originality, poor design, crappy graphics, and no innovation. EE2 was a spin-off that needed much more polishing. Leading to the worst game I have ever bought...

Empire Earth 3 - this game proves that there can be no benevolent God. Why this game, with graphics worse than Warcraft 3, requires a top-end machine to run it is beyond me. The unit reactions are crap, the game has been dumbed down significantly for 'people new to RTS', and it is a mission to just load the damn thing. The closest this game has to innovation is World Conquest mode, which I couldn't full get with its supposed add-on powers and Bantus in England and etc. First time I have ever written to a game company to tell them they suck.

Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath - the game is what you'd expect of an expansion pack from EA - some new units, shinier graphics, maybe a new map or two, and a short campaign. Otherwise it adds nothing. It's Global Conquest mode is shit (why they have that piece of shit instead of something much more simple - like the map they use in their storyline) and all it does is needlessly slow down one's PC with new graphics demands.

PaintChips

Jan 18, 2008
Domofuhrer said:
Supreme Commander Gold Edition - no matter what I do I just can't egt a game economy running, and I still get over-run. The storyline was shit, so I cut out the middle man and watched the crappy FMV's on youtube.
It's pretty simple, actually. Build mass extractors on the mass nodes, and build power plants everywhere else. It's about the simplest resource management you can find in an RTS, there's not much you can do to cock it up.

Assuming you haven't removed the game from your HDD, you could try plaing some skirmishes with an AI partner. It'll give you a chance to acclimate youself with the game's mechanics.

losethegame101

May 1, 2008
Sins of a Solar Empire- Played the bajeezus out of it for three weeks and then just got bored of it. Then again, that's typical of me and RTS games, but even still, I rarely buy RTS games at full price.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect- Everytime I remember that I own this game, I just HAVE to play it for weeks on end, forgoing food and sleep and work and my six children so that I can craft the PERFECT deathmatch map and then kill zombies in it. Speaking of, I just got an idea for a PERFECT deathmatch map...

TheDarkArchon

Oct 20, 2007
Fable: The Lost Chapters: A lesson on how not to do make a RPG and a lesson on how not to port to PC.

Halo 2: No, scratch what I said above, THIS is a lesson on how not to port your games to PC. Also, the game itself is really boring, second only to Metroid Prime: Hunters in the "Most boring FPS ever" stakes.

hollow-soull

May 1, 2008
looking through my games and found:
- shadow the hedgehog (ps2)
- primal (ps2)
- free running (ps2)
- NHL 2005 (gamecube)
- Rainbowsix 3 (gamecube)
- lego starwars 2 (Xbox 360)

Oct 24, 2007
GRAW 2. What a piece of mediocre shite. How could I be so naive? The first Ghost Recon will always be the true Ghost Recon.

I don't agree with the Assassin's Creed hate, I think it's a great game, though a bit bugged here and there. I'd give that game a 7.5/10.

Aetmos

Mar 31, 2008
Phantasy Star Universe. Such a collosal waste of money that was hard as hell to cancel.