Games you WISH you were good at.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
I really, really like the concept and idea of the Armored Core games.

I love the idea of giant robot with massive weapons locked in fast and intense combat. However, i am totally shit house at these games. I have no idea about building a good AC, dont know what are good weps and not and always seem to lose my targeting 5secs into a mission.

I have tried to practice and figure it out, but I just cant.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I'm pretty good at most games but what I would like to do is beat a mmmorpg or the sims, but I lack the will...

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
I hear you. I think the last AC game I played - and was good at - was the third one on the PS1. after that, I just kinda fell out of it, and every time I play now I completely suck.

I've never been worth a damn with fighting games either. Sure, I learn about 5-10 moves for a character and make sure not to button mash, but I can never seem to win... especially against friends, I'm always the first one to lose in Brawl... The only exception would be Gundam Battle Assault 1 and 2, for some reason I am awesome at those games. Every other fighting game on the planet, major suck-ness.

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
I am good at all games I want to be good at ?
If I wanted to be good at a game I'll just practice =P

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
SWAT 4... Whenever we play it at a LAN, everytime I get my ass handed to me repeadetely by a girl (Wouldn't be so bad if we weren't pretty equal in every other game)

Don't think it helps that I usually end up on the same team as this guy who thinks it's hilarious to repeadeately tazer me in the nuts...

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
I'd say any of the Call Of Duty's. I'm pretty good but not godly by any means, I've gotten to the point where I do a little better than break even on my K/D ratio. I wish I could run around and absolutely own people, because killing sprees are such a good feeling, but I don't nearly have the time to invest in that.

Kilaknux

Jun 16, 2009
Starcraft. I really like that game, and I like playing it, but I really suck at micro and lack the patience to learn. I'm not too bad at overall strategy, though.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Combo games like Soul Calibur 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2, racing simulators like Gran Turismo and rhythm games ala Guitar Hero.

For combo games, I just can't remember all the combo's, choose which one to use in the correct situation and execute them, all that in a split second.

In driving simulators, I fail at making corners.

As for Guitar Hero, I think that's just a matter of practice.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I wish I were a little better at FPS's, particularly games like Counterstrike and Call of Duty. I'm alright, but I certaintly could use more practice, which I just don't seem willing to invest.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I'd love some godlike FPS abilities, I'm average at best when it comes to Halo 3's multiplayer and struggle on the hardest difficulties for most any other FPS game (I think I got about a third of the way into COD4 on Veteran before giving up - which might be a good thing given how much I was dreading the fairground at the end of the flashback level).

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I tried Forza Motorsport 2 the other day with all the assists turned off (to get a couple of achievements) and the difficulty turned all the way up and even though I used a car vastly superior to my opposition , it was heinously difficult. Keeping track of gearing, the driving line, my opponents, my own speed, the attitude of my car - it was a fairly haunting experience that reminded me of how easy I had it normally.

To be able to conquer that kind of hardcore, uncompromising stimulation style of racer without breaking a sweat would be a wonderful thing.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
COD4

I have invested lots of time into this game and I still only get positive KD ratios 75% of the time, and that's playing slowly and defensively.

I think I have to face the fact that it is not my forte...

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Wc 3 (not counting custom maps and the campaign, I kick ass on those most of the time)
Counter-Strike Source
Dungeons and Dragons Online, the game just confuses me :S

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
It'd be nice to be at least half-way decent a racers, although I don't play them that much, but it would mean I didn't always come last at parties.

Also, FPSs. I'm not bad at FPSs, but on every one I've played I've kinda been bordering on an average player as opposed to a good player.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
delta4062 said:
Kermi said:
I'd love some godlike FPS abilities, I'm average at best when it comes to Halo 3's multiplayer and struggle on the hardest difficulties for most any other FPS game (I think I got about a third of the way into COD4 on Veteran before giving up - which might be a good thing given how much I was dreading the fairground at the end of the flashback level).
Halo 3s MP isnt really that skill based anyway, people just unload and then toss a nade at the enemies feet.
That 'strategy' is called noob rushing, and takes no skill. However, that calibre of player is someone even I, a self-confessed average player, laugh at.