Games you wonder if anyone else has played...

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Also, now I've reminded myself of it, No One Lives Forever.

Consider the following sentence: Goldeneye would have been much better if it was on the PC.

Well, that's what No One Lives Forever is. Goldeneye, on the PC, and much better.

But wait, that's not all. It's also a genuinely funny game, with great characters, which takes all the same sixties spy movie tropes as Austin Powers, and manages to make something even better with the result, thanks to being mostly more subtle, but outrageous at just the right moments.

You should find a copy. Now.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
IronicSilver said:
How about Otagi 1 or 2, anyone ever played either?
My brother has and loved them and my friend from FFXI named his 1st char on there Otogi ... he started with the warrior class heh.

shadowyoasis

Feb 8, 2008
I'm a big promoter for Sacrifice, they need to make a new one, even if its the same game with updated graphics, I still play it to this day >.> its just that fun.

I own Legend of the Dragoon I have no idea how far the demo got it, but I can't imagine it played much of what the game is like, its 4 disc long, mostly because of all the crazy FMVs it has.

Its one of the best RPGs I've played better then any FF series I've played. great story, with every character having a backstory.

Best is still the SNES import Full Sieken Densetsu 3

Games that I wonder if anyone has played atleast ones that noone has mentioned yet.

Kingdom Under Fire (the original PC game)
Legend of Legaia (PS game)
Age of Wonders(PC)
Bullet Witch(xbox360)

Bullet witch I really don't recommend but I'm always suprised when I run into someone whose played it.

Age of Wonders is the best <3

Legend of Legaia if you can get your hands on it, has some of the best game play and one kick ass fishing system.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I loved Legend of Legaia! The combat system was sweet. I don't remember any fishing though? I only got to the city in the big tower where you had to get the special bread for the statues.

LuxAeternus

Apr 6, 2008
Fronken said:
One of my all time favourite point-and-click adventure games is Neverhood, anyone else played it?, its really fun and its unique in the fact that Everything is made in clay and shot with Stop-Motion techniques. :)
I loved Neverhood, it was such a well made game...and had the best 'don't do this or you'll die' gag ever

EDIT: And also the Longest Journey, though it's a shame that they shoe-horned in that terrible fighting system to the sequel

Faeanor

Dec 15, 2007
shadowyoasis said:
Bullet witch I really don't recommend but I'm always suprised when I run into someone whose played it.
I played that game and hated it sooo much. I couldn't even get past the first level.

But I wonder if anyone has heard of Extreme-G for N64? It was a great little racing game, although it got worse with each sequel I think.

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
Take No Prisoners [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_No_Prisoners_%28video_game%29]. 1997 action game. It was basically a top down shooter somewhat like GTA but with no vehicle element. It was pretty fun from what I remember of it, had a lot of atmosphere.

towelie06

Dec 27, 2007
what about NBA jam on the snes or megadrive, that was awesome, good pure 2 on 2 basketball action, with loads of simple to do and highly entertaining unrealistic slamdunks, and playing with power ups and extra points boards on the floor was awesome, not a fan of basketball but this was just quality

darthsmily

Feb 21, 2008
What about the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.
It is still magnificent to look at these days even though it is like 3 or 4 years old and the story and charcters are so fully realised it's worth the $15 you can pick it up for today.

cimello

Feb 17, 2008
"GTA2 multiplayer. Yeah, GTA IV isnt the first GTA to have multiplayer (not including San Adreas' co-op crap). Anyone else give it a go?"

I quite enjoyed the online in GTA Vice City, it was just plain fun, aside from controls and whining kids

hairdo2000

May 8, 2008
<Clears chest, Inhales deeply>
BBC Micro- Elixier, repton, the last ninja, arcadians.
Master System- Quartet, transbot, my hero, slapshot.
Super nintendo- Pilot wings, UN squadron, Race driver.
PC- Police quest (Original one), Privateer, sim ant.
Mitsubishi 3DO- The horde, Shockwave assault.
... What can I say I think about this alot.

PaintChips

Jan 18, 2008
With what's happened to the Rainbow Six franchise, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who loved the originals (up to 3, actually, tho' I could see that they were starting to loose it at 3).

And Heavy Gear 2. I have a lot of friends who love Mechwarrior, but I don't know anyone who has played Heavy Gear 2.

And for really obscure games, I'm am truly in love with Dwarf Fortress [http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Main_Page], tho I'm still learning how to play. And the newer versions fixed issues [http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Fire] that I personally believe should not have been fixed.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Strafe Mcgee said:
SurferRosa said:
[
Has anyone played Hostile Waters, Giants: Citizen Kabuto or Sacrifice? Tell me I'm not the only one who fell in love with these legendary pieces of gaming genius, all of which were so far ahead of their time that their ideas have only recently been incorporated into the gaming mainstream.

And of course the cursory shoutout to ADOM, just to see if there are any other roguelike fans floating about.
Oh, hell yeah. I always forget to mention these ones because I always assumed that people actually played them. Hostile Waters I'm not that big a fan of (even though Warren fucking Ellis wrote the script, but Giants and Sacrifice are works of pure, utter, demented genius. Love em to bits.

Anyone play MDK 2? I think it sank like a stone when it was released, despite it being one of the best third person action games ever made. Shame, that.
Thank you both for reminding me! I've just dug out my copy of Hostile Waters. I love this game!

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
I won't quote all the people before me, just say the following:
I've played Psychonauts (kicks ass), Darwinia (I enjoyed it immensely), Warzone 2100 (right up until I didn't have time to play, it was a blast), MDK2 (finished. And it rocked), Sacrifice (never got far, but enjoyed what I saw), Giants (stuck on a level, but enjoyed the game overall), Nick Bounty (Curse of the Crabs, I assume. Never really played the second), Nethack (it's installed by default on most *nix distros, including in college), Myst (wasn't overly fond of it, though), N (and how!), Uplink (so many dead agents...), Longest Journey (my favourite point-and-clicker), a few minutes of Age of Wonders (never got very far...), and Heavy Gear 2 (which I loved to bits. Still do. Need to install it again...).

Hostile Waters sounds interesting. Ellis, eh? I always enjoy his work...

Here's some I doubt any of you've ever played:
Wild Metal Country - An old DNA game where you pilot a tank sent to end the threat of AI-controlled tanks... ON ANOTHER PLANET! Only played a demo, but it's available from Steam... as part of the Rockstar package. :(
iNinja... For the PC - I can barely find any records that it was ever released AT ALL, much less for the PC. A great game with a bad camera, which has some repetitive missions (beat the same level again for another coin, beat X enemies in the same level for another coin, etc.), but was a mad send-up of manga, anime and martial-arts films so long before most other people did it.
Worms Blast - A spin-off of Worms, which involved piloting a dinky boat and playing a form of Breakout with a cannon, occasionally taking pot-shots at the guy on the other side of the screen... in 2d real-time. Not that much fun: my brother and I discovered an exploit to get one character onto the other half of the screen. Hilarity ensued.
Perimeter - ... I'll admit, I didn't enjoy this one. It got too complex, too fast, imo. They never even explained how important terraforming was. So I muddled along until my Perimeter ate up my power, and the Nightmares got me.
Lego Loco - ... Shut up, it was fun.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
shadowyoasis said:
I'm a big promoter for Sacrifice, they need to make a new one, even if its the same game with updated graphics, I still play it to this day >.> its just that fun.

I own Legend of the Dragoon I have no idea how far the demo got it, but I can't imagine it played much of what the game is like, its 4 disc long, mostly because of all the crazy FMVs it has.

Its one of the best RPGs I've played better then any FF series I've played. great story, with every character having a backstory.

Best is still the SNES import Full Sieken Densetsu 3

Games that I wonder if anyone has played atleast ones that noone has mentioned yet.

Kingdom Under Fire (the original PC game)
Legend of Legaia (PS game)
Age of Wonders(PC)
Bullet Witch(xbox360)

Age of Wonders is the best <3

Legend of Legaia if you can get your hands on it, has some of the best game play and one kick ass fishing system.
I've played Legend of Legaia and Bullet Witch. Bullet witch was one of the first games I rented through gamefly.

Zethios

May 14, 2008
Whenever i say Ape escape i get no reaction.

And I liked Monster Hunter, although Monster Hunter Freedom being one of the few games for PsP make's it more common.

Zethios

May 14, 2008
Whenever i say Ape escape i get no reaction.

And I liked Monster Hunter, although Monster Hunter Freedom being one of the few games for PsP make's it more common.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
hairdo2000 said:
<Clears chest, Inhales deeply>
BBC Micro- Elixier, repton, the last ninja, arcadians.
Master System- Quartet, transbot, my hero, slapshot.
Super nintendo- Pilot wings, UN squadron, Race driver.
PC- Police quest (Original one), Privateer, sim ant.
Mitsubishi 3DO- The horde, Shockwave assault.
... What can I say I think about this alot.
I remember Pilot Wings - you had to perform stunts with a parachute, biplane, and hang-glider, right?

And also Shockwave Assault (I played it on a mac, I think) - you were a fighter pilot fighting against alien fighters and walkers trying to invade Earth, iirc. Pretty fun.