Games you wonder if anyone else has played...

Tanthalos

Mar 25, 2008
FolkLore

I am really enjoying it, most people I talk to haven't even heard of it before.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
Battle Realms? I thought it was pretty fun. I mean, it wasn't that great, but... I was 11 Okay?! I was young and foolish!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
SaGa Frontiers 1 and 2
E.V.O (Snes)
The Soulblazer Games (Illusion of Gaia, Soulblazer, Terranigma)
Steambot Chronicles
Legend of Mana
Folklore
Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich
Septerra Core
The Longest Journey

Bromeliad

Apr 10, 2008
bluemarsman said:
Has anyone played Glover?
I loved Glover. I loved it so much.
I have no idea why, now as I look back, seeing as I don't really like that kind of game anymore.
Maybe it's because it was the first game I ever bought with my own cash.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Hey! I remember Uplink!

Classic game in its time. I could get so far but then I just couldn't log in and get out without covering my traces. Suffering from lack of manual methinks... A pity, because it was tense and beautifully done.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
stompy said:
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. Heard of it, got it, and loved it. Though, practically no-one I know has heard of it, let alone played it.
played a demo of that. it was a lot of fun. i played it a bunch of times over. one of these days i should go pick it up.. it was pretty cool

AlissaX70

Apr 24, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
SaGa Frontiers 1 and 2
E.V.O (Snes)
The Soulblazer Games (Illusion of Gaia, Soulblazer, Terranigma)
Steambot Chronicles
Legend of Mana
Folklore
Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich
Septerra Core
The Longest Journey
I played Gaia and Soulblazer, but not Terranigma (I should probably find a ROM).
Legend of Mana was good, I never completed it though.

And I saw it was mentioned a few points back, but I desperately love Lufia II, its the best of the series.

Kiytan

Feb 23, 2008
of the ones people have mentioned:
future cop, uplink both awesome games.
legend of dragoon (only ever had the demo, damn i want that game)
Psi-ops was amazing for PC, failed a bit for ps2 tho (the controls just didn't work as well)
played grim fandango (and all other lucasarts point and clicks)

Vagrant Story? That had a great combat and weapon crafting system, but was just a dungeon crawler.

Call of Juarez, fairly big and modern game, but no one seems to have played it, which is a shame as i thought it was an awesome game.

Jurrassic park: Trespasser. Boy was that game ahead of it's time, with a physics engine where you could go around and pick everything up, basic ragdoll's e.t.c for the dino's. It was buggy as hell mind

Hammerfall - An indie game, which is really really fun, i wish there was a full version.

Irrok the Wide

Feb 12, 2008
Kiytan said:
Call of Juarez, fairly big and modern game, but no one seems to have played it, which is a shame as i thought it was an awesome game.
I beat that game. It took me about three days playing it straight. It didn't feel very fluid to me. But. I loved to environments and graphics. Especially when you climbed Eagle Rock!. The just isn't enough western games out there.

I wanna know who else has played D2 for DREAMCAST.

Faeanor

Dec 15, 2007
that people have mentioned, i've played:
-halfway through the first 2 .hack//GU games
-Myst 1 and 3 halfway through

But speaking of Mdk, has anybody played the original? I played it way back in day. I don't even remember where I got the game. It was actually really fun once i learned what all the controls were. The boss of the first level where you have to snipe him was pretty epic in retrospect. Although, the entire game I had no idea what was going on other than they shot at you >.>.

Kiytan

Feb 23, 2008
Faeanor said:
But speaking of Mdk, has anybody played the original? I played it way back in day. I don't even remember where I got the game. It was actually really fun once i learned what all the controls were. The boss of the first level where you have to snipe him was pretty epic in retrospect. Although, the entire game I had no idea what was going on other than they shot at you >.>.
yup, had the exact same experience. confusing as it was, i knew it was good.

Also anyone played syndicate for the SNES? To this day i still don't have a clue what to do for that game

edit: Forgot to add gladius: When i first bought the game, i figured it would be a blood-bath beat the crap game, boy was i surprised. After playing it tho it turned out to be a really good , and insanely huge, game. (seriously 50+hours with the end nowhere in sight)

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Irrok the Wide said:
Kiytan said:
I beat that game. It took me about three days playing it straight. It didn't feel very fluid to me. But. I loved to environments and graphics. Especially when you climbed Eagle Rock!. The just isn't enough western games out there.
You should check out a few games - Gun, Red Dead Revolver, and Darkwatch. The first two are straight-up westerns, 3rd and 1st person respectively. I played Gun myself, it's pretty good. It's available for pretty much every platform I think. Darkwatch is a western/horror, there's like zombies and vampires and stuff in it. It's on PS2 and original XBox, I think.

Zyroth

May 13, 2008
BasicMojo07 said:
Anyone here ever hear of Lufia?

...no?
Lufia was a great game. I always get blank stares for Kid Icarus and Tachyon: The Fringe. Both were great games.

Scarpy

May 10, 2008
Terramax said:
Yeah, I played MDK2 but I didn't think it was all that. The music rocked, and it was fun to a point, but I do remember getting irated with it after a while. I do remember the art direction being fantastic though. Way before Psychonauts.

I'm trying to play through Shenmue once again, before playing the second, but just can't get into it again. Shenmue feels like one of those experiences where, once you've played it round the first time, never again. Or maybe that's just me.

I had Hydro Thunder on the PSX, and that ruled. I've been meaning to get the DC version for a while. I just wish it were 4 players. Still; 2's better than 1.

I wish someone here would say they'd played Under Defeat.
=O another hydro thunder player! I thought I was alone...

Mnemophage

Mar 13, 2008
Geneforge!

Indie game company take traditional magic elfy fantasy setting, shoots it in the face and fashions beauty from its leaky corpse. No one ever plays it ever, so I am left shouting into a void about how cool it is having actual complex moral decisions to make. Where the hell else would you find that in gaming?

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Oh yes, and the much mentioned Darwinia and Uplink, along with Introversion's third game Defcon, are all available on Steam, so go and get them.

Darwinia and it's forthcoming multiplayer expansion Multiwinia are coming to Xbox Live Arcade as well.