Games You'd Like To Be Made?

InfinityCubed

Aug 22, 2012
I wanna see a text-based flight sim/fighter combat game. that would be interesting.
An RPG concept I call "Magnagolem" in which rather than having health and armor bars you have HP that lose permanently, with individual bars for head, torso, and each limb. but you can absorb armor from your foes that adds another bar. Your character model would quickly become AWESOME. Unless i had to make it myself in which case it would look REALLY UGLY and be full of glitches.

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
I really really want Warcraft IV, please Blizzard, return to your roots.
Remember Blizzard, you are not a gun. You are who you choose to be.

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
A Warhammer 40k MMO
A decent 3rd-person Shadowrun RPG
Shenmue 3
Final Fantasy VIII remake in HD
A Mass Effect MMO

And about a dozen other ideas that I'll remember about an hour after I post this. :p

PoisonTaco

May 9, 2012
A Han Solo game. One where you're playing as Solo before A New Hope, being a smuggler and getting caught up in all kinds of illegal activities. Made by Rockstar. (Yeah with EA exclusivity deal? Not happening)

An ARTS/MOBA game like Dota or LoL but with anime characters. Would be a licencing nightmare but you could make use of really flashy effects and get creative with abilities and game modes. A mode where instead of pushing lanes you have to collect the 7 dragon balls?

WWI: Total War. This would require changes to fundamental mechanics to the Total War franchise, and this would require Creative Assembly to go all out and make an absolutely massive game (WWI was bigger than Europe). If WWI isn't possible I'd love to see something set in the Victorian era with the American Civil War as a mini-campaign option.

Something like FTL but expanded with a bigger budget, made with multiplayer (cooperative and competitive) and other features.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
A gigantic city; in the middle sits a structure covered with alien growths, mucus and flesh beating and moving over top the old structure. A strange light shines through the windows casting it's long beams of light like spears through the city. Alien creatures of every variety, a whole living ecosystem spills forth from there blanketing the city in the horrors of another world. A portal between two worlds has opened up and must be stopped at every cost.

200-500 some odd players must journey to the center of the map to detonate a warhead destroying the science facility that keeps the portal open in this COOP FPS game with a nearly impossible goal.

The point of the game is less to succeed(although slim it will be possible,) and more to struggle and then watch the insane carnage as your character is killed. A good ragdoll system, localized damage, along with the extremely tough difficulty, good graphics and top notch AI will be the big selling points.

A network of tentacles both small and bigger threaten to grab players and toss them through the air. Large groups of players would be scattered by the larger of the tentacles forcing them into smaller groups as they get further into the city so that trying to move in as a full force of 200 players would result in massive casualties scattering the survivors. Knocking helicopters out of the air and upending tanks and humvees.

Different types of smaller creatures would do deadly hit and run attacks. Localized damage would allow for limbs like legs to be taken off causing characters to have to crawl as their screen goes dark from blood loss. The AI trying to traumatize players more than just killing them outright. Running about around the players avoiding confrontation with larger groups and trying to flank smaller groups. Crawling on the ceilings and the walls all around. The players could hear them scuttling about growling and moving around them growing greater and greater in number until the horde might descend.

Medics rather than healing, would have a variety of replacement limbs, crude mechanical parts that would be less functional than the originals but allow players to continue hobbling on. Eyes blinded, peg legged they would continue through the city constantly harassed from various angles. Creatures with hallucinogenic darts could infect players causing a wide variety of phenomena, including other players appearing as aliens to them. Causing friendly fire incidents from the jumpy players. Some creatures would drag still alive players and use them to try to bait others.

Think of it as a cross section between Half Life, The Mist, Aliens, Cloverfield. But in videogame form, as an extremely brutal uphill battle with imagination as the limit on alien creature types.

TheRaider

Jul 4, 2010
Cosmic Balance 2!

Eye of the Beholder 4 (or is it 5)?

And a duke nukem that doesn't suck

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Fetus said:
I'd probably say a very realistic WW1 game, with 64 man multiplayer.

Can you imagine that? It would be the ultimate cover based shooting experience. The maps would just be 10 mile long trenches on two sides.

What would you say?
Game of Thrones, the game. No, not that crap that was released a few months ago. A game where you're in a position of political intrigue. People try to assassinate you, and in turn you can have rivals assassinated. Poisoned food, paid killers, "accidents." You don't have know who to trust, and you have to forge alliances with various individuals and countries. You can declare war on other nations, but it happens in the background, so you're success depends on you're ability to raise a proper army and choose talented lieutenants who fight you're battles for you. You're weapons are you're brain and cunning, not a sword. If you mess up, you die. A lot. Or your country burns. Marriage pacts matter. Foreign politics matter. That's a game I would play the shit out of. Maybe an Indie title?

Obviously it doesn't actually have to be game of thrones, I'd actually prefer if it wasn't, but you get the idea.

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
ghostrider409895 said:
I could realistically see this happen as a simple internet game - kind of like AlterEgo where you could pick choices and relive your life in a different way based around choices you make in game.
Huh, I guess that would be the way to go, thanks for the heads up. Who knows, maybe I will make a game one day, and when I do you'll get $0.10 from every $0.99 copy I sell.

InfinityCubed

Aug 22, 2012
Fox12 said:
Fetus said:

Can you imagine that? It would be the ultimate cover based shooting experience. The maps would just be 10 mile long trenches on two sides.

What would you say?
Game of Thrones, the game. No, not that crap that was released a few months ago. A game where you're in a position of political intrigue. People try to assassinate you, and in turn you can have rivals assassinated. Poisoned food, paid killers, "accidents." You don't have know who to trust, and you have to forge alliances with various individuals and countries. You can declare war on other nations, but it happens in the background, so you're success depends on you're ability to raise a proper army and choose talented lieutenants who fight you're battles for you. You're weapons are you're brain and cunning, not a sword. If you mess up, you die. A lot. Or your country burns. Marriage pacts matter. Foreign politics matter. That's a game I would play the shit out of. Maybe an Indie title?

Obviously it doesn't actually have to be game of thrones, I'd actually prefer if it wasn't, but you get the idea.
Crusader. Kings. II.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
InfinityCubed said:
Fox12 said:
Fetus said:

What would you say?

Crusader. Kings. II.
Oh. My. Gosh. You, sir, are a saint.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Various Battlefront games (complete with space combat wherever applicable): Halo Battlefront, Star Trek Battlefront, Mass Effect Battlefront, 40k Battlefront, Warcraft Battlefront, etc.

Sure they'd start to run together, but it'd be so worth it.

Various racing games: Roman chariots, the various above franchises, Star Wars (not pod racers), etc.

A Star Wars RPG in the style of Fallout/Elder Scrolls.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
A realistic zombie game set in the UK. Because we don't have as many guns lying around, it'll be much harder. It probably sounds a lot like Dead Rising.
You can whack them with deodorant cans and spatulas xD

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
I would like Rise Of Nations 2, Empires Dawn of The Modern World 2, Command and Conquer 4 (not it doesn't exist yet!!).

On a more "original" note. I Would like an EVE online but where you pilot your spaceship in first or person view and with the possibility to walk around in stations (i do say stations not a room alone...).
I would also like a good sandbox MMORPG set during the Roman era. (i know some exist but they're bleh)
And I would like a sim city but with the option for war, yes i want to be that sadist who invades neighboring cities >:) (one could say it would be kinda like the Caesar/Pharaoh games but in the modern age)
Oh and I would also want an MMORPG (not per se sandbox) set during the Napoleonic era.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Julius Terrell said:
I'd like popcap games to get off their sorry asses and make a new peggle...
Have to ask, did you watch/hear about E3?

Peggle 2! [http://geekologie.com/2013/06/peggle-2-announced-at-e3-audience-not-im.php]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
A kind of all in one MMORPG as in it has several theme/ setting as in fantasy AND futuristic setting (travelling the past and future is involve) and aswell several minigames that are incorporate in it like racing and shooting gallery etc.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
krazykidd said:
Elidibus said:
How about a real Parasite Eve sequel? So much untapped potential. Heck, I'd settle for a graphics update. That would be awesome.

And how about another game like Colony Wars for the console? That game was awesome for it's time with its branching story and like seven endings. None of this "Oh man we lost a single battleship. Game over. Restart the level." No, you let that ship die and the next mission will be harder since it's not there.
There was a parasite eve sequel . It got turned into an action game . While not "BAD" it wasn't what i was expecting . I really liked parasite eve , that game was a classic .

Same thing happened to Dino crisis . The sequel went from survival horror with dinosaurs ( a la Resident evil ) to action game .

OT: I want a pokemon MMOrpg . It can be done , it would be fun , and addictive .
Amazing what google can do:
http://pokemmo.eu/

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Nightmare-Child said:
The Dresden Files. That has all sorts of applications for being great. Someone should call Jim Butcher.
There's already a decent RPG for Dresden:
http://www.evilhat.com/home/dresden-files-rpg/

It plays like paper D&D, and if I remember correctly, you can even interact with Dresden through special quests/cases that Butcher wrote for them.