Games you'd like to see ported to the PC

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I have a PS3 and a good (but aging) PC, so I don't miss out on much. A port of Journey would be nice though. A 2 hour game is Steam sale territory for me, not worth the $18 the AU PSN store is asking. I don't know if they ever have sales, but the store is so slow and I never seen advertising for any sales that actually make their way over to Australia, so I'll never know. For convenience, I'd like all my favourite PS3 exclusives to make their way to PC too, such as Valkyria Chronicles, the MGS games, Demon's Souls, The Last of Us, and the Team Ico PS2 games.

Having previously owned an Xbox and Halo 1 and 2, getting Halo 3 would also be nice. But if Microsoft actually wanted easy money, they'd just release Halo 1 and 2 on Steam. For the life of me I cannot understand why they haven't done that yet.

As long as we're not getting consistent backwards compatibility between consoles, every game should be ported to PC so that we can play them all forever.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Hmm. I can think of a few.

Halo Wars
- If only because I'd love to design some maps for it. The simplicity of the overall unit structure, yet the complexity of the tactics that can play out with so many environmental options; like sniper towers, resource generators, barricades, etc; just seems like it'd be really fun to map for.

Crackdown
- This is one game that would have really, really, REALLY benefited from a modding community. And, like above, one I'd have liked to have mapped for.

Infamous
- Since I'd like to play through the series, but really don't want to buy a Playstation 3 or Playstation 4 just for one series, I'd like to see these ported to PC.

Metroid Prime
- Yet another I'd love to map for. I still view the original as an utter work of brilliance so being able to play it with native K&B controls, as well as being able to map my own levels and campaigns, sounds really appealing to me.

Killzone
- While not really incredibly high on my "must play through list", these are still ones, like Infamous, I'd like to play through at some point. And since I, again, have little interest in buying a Playstation console (and fail quite horribly at using a Dual Shock for FPS games), PC builds would be my preferred option.

Most Nintendo proprietary IPs
- I mean, really...I'd just love to have some Mario games, some Kirby games, some Zelda games, some Smash games, etc, show up on PC; that aren't emulated from the console originals.

Karl Gopnik

Aug 23, 2013
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
Dark Cloud series
YES! I love Dark Cloud! Or anything by Level 5, really. Their work just always hits the right notes for me.

Other games? Legend of Mana, Robot Alchemic Drive, Mark of Kri...

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Oh boy, so many...pretty much every JRPG released since the PS1 era. The top ones that come to mind are final fantasy tactics, Persona 3, Persona 4 golden, suikoden 2, Radiant Historia

The armored core series

Dark meadow. A horror esque game I played on Ipad years ago

Also Monster hunter. Raiderz was a step in the right direction being a Monster hunter-esque MMORPG but Maiet let it fall into obscurity by not adding new content regularly. That said it was still pretty awesome and judging by the popularity of raiderz for a long time there is definatly an audience for a monster hunter game on PC. If Capcom doesnt get monster hunter on PC someone else is going to come along with a similar game and when they start adding regular content to it it'll be a lost opportunity on Capcoms part

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I really want to play Bayonetta. It's one the few games that made me consider getting a PS3/Xbox 360. The rest of those games already got ported to the PC - so maybe there's still hope.

Jaynay27

Oct 22, 2011
An oldie but a goodie - Crackdown (1)from the 360 (and I note I was ninja'd a few posts earlier).

Gotta agree with Metroid Prime too.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Jasper van Heycop said:
I'd like to see Naughty Dog games, Uncharted
mabye they would be fun more fun with a M/K

they are dumb as hell though...(just my opinion)

ageis ago wasn't there some very feint evidence red dead might FINALLY get a port? if so I find it interesting because there was a random article I saw from IGN which hinted at a red dead 2...which would be make wonder if they were at all related

both aren't exactly sold though..I guess

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
All Nintendo exclusives.

I actually want Nintendo consoles to fail so that Nintendo goes software only and realeses their games for all other platforms, PC included, so I can finally have Pokemon/Metroid/Zelda on the PC (I mean actual ports, not emulation).

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, The Darkness, Spider-Man 2, Dragon's Dogma, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Crackdown.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Too many to name, but a good chunk of them also need English translations. As for games on console from 1999 & older, I'm fine with emulation, especially if using the Vinesauce Corrupter on them can gives me a few laughs.

Currently I'm still super pissed at Rockstar for ignoring all the petitions over the years for Red Dead Redemption.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Red Dead Redemption. Gods that game would look gorgeous on a really good PC. I love that game so much.

I would love a port of Dragon's Dogma. I feel sad that I sold my console copy, and I want to play it again sometime.

Final Fantasy 12. I love that game a heck of a lot. I would love a PC port, a HD remake. I think it deserves it. It was a great final fantasy in my opinion.

A proper port of Sonic Adventure DX. One where I can full screen it and save my game.

Silent Hill 2. If they properly ported it for the PC I would happily buy that game for the 4th time. I may have one too many copies of it.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
The last of us and maybe god of war series, i kinda stopped caring about the others after some time passed.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Any game that exists purely to be an exclusive should be modded to the PC so people can judge them on better ground. I would really like to play some PS exclusives on PC and see if they are as groundbreaking as I was informed by the media. I doubt they would be bad but some games that are exclusives seem to be popular because they are exclusives, not because they are earth shatteringly good.

As for realistic stuff, I would like Final Fantasy 9 on Steam, Red Dead Redemption/GTAV on steam with steamworks, and thats about it, I would rather EA just stop being a child and let their games be played on a better service than get some exclusives from consoles. I would rather EA and Valve make up than get the newest QTE show from Naughty Dog/Sony.

LauriJ

Mar 1, 2012
Assuming that Nintendo would allow it, the Metroid Prime trilogy. Otherwise, I would be really happy if we get GTAV and the Crash PSX trilogy, remade with modern graphics of course.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Mainly I'd like to see Soul Calibur on PC. It's the only series that I've had to abandon since making the move.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Oh please god, give me Chrono Phantasma and Guilty Gear Xrd on PC and I will be a very happy man. Those two games alone along with my PC version of King of Fighters would finally be some justification for buying an arcade stick. The stupid number of hours clocked from those three games would make the investment worth it in no time.

If CP and GG came to PC and had cross platform play with the PS3 players, I think my head would explode from the sheer awesome of it all. Unlike FPS games, Cross play in fighters wouldn't be all that problematic as there little to no advantage unlike with the whole KB&M vs controller nonsense.

Malk_Kontent

Mar 19, 2008
I think they should remake (not just PORT) the Dot.Hack Series to PC. And perhaps, once all the games are released, they can make an ACTUAL MMO of "The World!"

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Solaire of Astora said:
Any recent Arc System Works fighting game. Except actually a good port unlike their previous endeavors, please. Not having a PS3 to access all the time makes actually playing Chronophantasma difficult. And I need to have one for Guilty Gear Xrd, but I wish I could just forego the extra cost and have it on PC.

I guess for now it's just an impossible dream.
Me too, whenever i go on a vacation, i can't play BB online, since my ps3 can't get decent wireless internet on my grandparent's house, and i wouldn't need to use the tv to play it
And i'd really like to see their future games on pc too, i wanna get one of the new console just to play them

I'd also like to see Bayonetta ported, Platinum already ported Metal Gear Rising, so it can be done
I have Bayonetta on the 360, but i hate the 360 controller, i've had a few and they've all gotten verey crappy with time, i'd rather play it with a ps3 controller, but i've heard the ps3 version is't as good