Games you've beaten so hard they needed dental records to identify the body?

Russia208

Aug 10, 2008
devil may cry 3 and 4, i have over 100 hours on each mastering every technique there is poosible to master, i dream about that game and think about how i can create bigger better combos(with Dante of course).

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Homeworld. Back when I first got homeworld, I was 14 (about). I beat the single player in one sitting, I beat it again. I started to play online and I swear I was untouchable.

Doom 1 on Nightmare.
Doom 2 on Ultra Violence (I honestly don't know of anyone who actually beat it on Nightmare).

CHRIST I STAND CORRECTED ABOUT DOOM 2

http://ia311540.us.archive.org/1/items/Doom2_SS_NM_2956/Doom2_SS_NM_2956_HQ.avi

OH MY GOD!

Lemony

May 2, 2008
Diablo 2, made every character got him/her to 80, all with set armor. Diablo was beaten so much it hurt!

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
Let's see... I did a max stat run on FFVI, I did low level runs on most FF games that were released on the GBA/DS, I beat most every DS Kirby game into the ground (including KSS:U, already), I've gotten 100% completion on Bioshock, and I had, at one time, a save file on the second Golden Sun with over 200 hours of level grinding on it. Yeah, I beat games hard.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
I beat Contra 4 on hard mode. Just getting to the final level requires an intense regimen of patience and skill, but it's worth it to see the ending that actually congratulates you on your amazing gameplay skills.

Clairaudient

Aug 12, 2008
Can beat Megaman X at this point without taking a hit. I have the original cardboard box for the CD version as well as the cartridge.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Clairaudient post=9.72397.787706 said:
Can beat Megaman X at this point without taking a hit. I have the original cardboard box for the CD version as well as the cartridge.
Did that with Mega Man 2 back in the day. Friends and I were having a competition for "fewest hits" with the tiebreaker being time required to complete the game. Very edge-of-the-seat.

Aug 30, 2008
original halo on legendary, fable is supermegafreakin easy(especially the gladiator ring)call of duty 4, i pwn everything in the campaign. then several songs on expert playing the drums on rock band 2.

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
I've abused more than a few D&D based games using sickeningly powerful characters.

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Aman and Throne of Baal - beaten on insane difficulty with a solo sorceror. You are meant to have a party of six characters instead of one.

NWN: Beaten on insane dificulty with no merc with a monk/cleric build that gets >50 armor by level 20 and up to >70 armor at higher levels, and has great damage from a crazy number of attacks by duel wielding kamas.

Icewind Dale 2: beaten the hardest mode with a three character party based around an invincible cleric of bane/monk who gets a -72 AC (lower is good here) and spell resistence.

I also used to be able to do about a 25 minute Quake 1 speedrun.

Edit to add: Oh, yeah. Max Payne 1. Hardest difficulty. NO BULLET TIME.

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
Dammit, I keep thinking of more.

I beat FF8 without ever gaining a level.

I beat Chrono Trigger, with the following characters:
For the final boss:
Chrono, level 1.
Marle, level 4.
Robo, level 16.
The rest:
Lucca, level 15.
Frog, level 15.
Ayla, level 20.
Magus, level 37, but I never used him. Too strong :)

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
ok, just gotta say this... completely finishing fable wasn't hard... i mean crap, there was only so much you COULD do

o and i have a question to the RE:4ers

Is it possible to do a Broken Butterfly only run?

cept for the parts when you absolutely NEED a rifle or something

conceptual

Sep 24, 2008
Metroid prime. I played that game though with 100%, speed runs, 100% speed runs, and even a power beam only play through using only other weapons when they were required (final boss, doors, etc). The first screen shot I ever took was my speed run time for a Nintendo power contest. My time was 3 hours 42 minutes. The best in the world was 3 hours 14 minutes (I don't know how I remember that, I just do).

I also beat the pants off of The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons. I did every side quest, input every link password, got every ring, and got 16 heart containers, which took a LONG time, since there were only enough pieces of heart to get 13 heart containers with two more gained from linking, and the sixteenth had to be made from gyasha seeds which required about a million monster kills to turn into pieces of heart.

Pokemon sapphire. I got every pokemon possible and then some by linking with Colosseum, fire red/leaf green, etc., I got every piece of secret base furniture, and every super sketch, along with a nigh unbeatable team of lv 100s.

Edit: ooh! and let's add a list of Xbox 360 games I have every achievement for: CoD2, CoD4 (well, not really, but that's just a glitch), Halo 3, Rainbow 6 Vegas (not really again, but I got glitched out of that one too), and Bioshock (almost, just missing the Jackpot achievement, but that one is luck based, and I'm too lazy to go back and play the slot machines for hours just for 10 points)

buckythefly

Aug 6, 2008
Amplitude for the PS2, I played that game so much I could do entire tracks on Insane with my eyes closed, I could also switch between playing the shoulder buttons and face buttons so I could take a drink. (I wasn't perfect at it, but I got pretty good)

Then I sat down and beat the whole game in a single sitting on insane with a different freq just cause I had 2 hours free.

EDIT: I also got a perfect achievement set on pac-man championship edition on 360, but I thought you'd all laugh. heh.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
gragimor post=9.72397.759101 said:
halo 1
i did about every level on legendary sleeping, even went so far to just clear it with only using my bare fist(plasma pistol melee attack), leaving out the flying parts ofc.
How the hell did you beat the Hunters with a melee attack?

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
DMC 3.

While I found it to be incredibly easy, even on Very Hard (I'm ommitting DMD, because I can just fucking kill everything with my guns), I also found it to be incredibly fun.

It's also worth noting that I had the Special Edition; I could play as Vergil, which I did. I liked Virgil more, because while Dante could do everything, he couldn't do everything at once, whic made an akward situation when I needed something like Spiral as opposed to Katlin Ann. Which happened. A lot. Virgil may not have been the end-all, be all, but he was balanced, and had an attack for every situation. Sure, everything he could do, Dante could do, but again, not at the same time.

Apologies to Dante fans.

The X-Ninja

Aug 24, 2008
Orcs and Elves on the DS. I have all the best equipment and armor, got ALL THE SECRETS IN EVERY LEVEL (I think), and I also killed everything that doesn't automatically re-spawn. CoD4 on DS...(I like my DS) I beat it in two days, half in the evening and half in the morning. I haven't gotten ALL the way through on the hardest level, but there's little difference between that and normal...

Also unlocked every character and most stages in SSBB two days after I got it as well. I spent at least 10 hours straight each day on the SSE. I don't have every thing in it yet, but once you have all the characters and most stages and trophies, that's beaten to me.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
Hmmm...lots of games by Intelligent Systems. Fire Emblem (the first one released in the U.S.), Paper Mario, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones...yeah. Basically all the Fire Emblem games released stateside...except for the latest one. Still don't have my hands on it.