GameStop Leaks Vita Memory Card Pricing

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
ph0b0s123 said:
Why are people surprised. Sony make proprietary storage media and charge a fortune for it. From betamax to minidisc
Ha!

I actually have a MiniDisc player. For me it filled the gap between CDs and MP3 players that were actually worth it pretty well. The discs weren't very expensive at all compared to equivalent solid state capacity. Prices on the players were bad, though. Poor durabilty, too, and the bundled software taught me to NEVER use bundled software if I didn't have to.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
EDIT: OOHHHH, right, I completely forgot you could save your games within the card of the game itself, like a DS game. But still, I wonder what other uses a Memory Card could have.
It's actually on a game by game basis on whether you can save to cart or not. Currently these ones require a memory card to save(and boot up)
@field
Uncharted
Dream Club Zero
Disgaea 3 Return
Hot Shots Golf 6
Monster Raider
Ridge Racer

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
120 for a 32 gig memory card? That is insane, I could buy a 2 terabyte hard drive for less then that, the more I hear people saying console gaming is cheaper then pc gaming, the less true I find it.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Or, you know, the exact opposite of the PsP-Go.
No it's pretty much a mk2 Go.
Download only games, proprietary storage, non replacable battery, limited connectivity, (most likely) absurd price.

Can't fault Sony for sticking to the plan though, even if it is the same plan that flushed their last big hardware release down the toilet.

~Edit, my mistake, read up the spec and noticed it's cartridge based. Although proprietry SD cards is a weird decision, that's going to hold off piracy for all of thirty seconds. Still much better than the -Go though I have to admit.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
TJC said:
wait... people are surprised at Sony selling overpriced stuff?
After they did it right with PS3, yeah. People loved them for using regular 2.5" HDDs for PS3 whereas Microsoft was using more expensive drives in proprietary cases. So what does Sony do? Go back to making expensive proprietary bullshit.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'm going to be so angry if they make another Dissidia game, because then I'd have to get one of these :(