GameStop Releases Its Own Game

Feb 13, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
We had (and still have), a major chain called Game, and a second one that's slightly smaller called GameStation (Where I live, you find both within about 100 feet of eachoter).
We have a Gamestation near 2 Games. You're not a Leicester person are you?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
CrystalShadow said:
We had (and still have), a major chain called Game, and a second one that's slightly smaller called GameStation (Where I live, you find both within about 100 feet of eachoter).
We have a Gamestation near 2 Games. You're not a Leicester person are you?
Nope. Bournemouth

I used to have the same situation though. There was a gamestation, and a Game a bit further along.

A new 'Game' opened up closer to the existing GameStation store, but for a while the older 'Game' store only a little bit further along was still open. (it later became a lush cosmetics store.).
But no sooner had the older of the two 'Game' stores closed, than yet another one opened in just about the same location in the basement of the local Borders.

Of course, since Borders collapsed, this has finally come to an end, and we now just have the one 'Game' near the one GameStation, instead of two 'Game' stores practically on top of eachother plus a GameStation as well.

Retail locations can get really weird if you think about it too much.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Raises Ha...oh fine, be that way! I pass it every time I walk to uni, was wondering if it would appear in a game at some point. Yeah...for some reason I expected this to happen eventually.

I'll play it if I have some money floating around on an online account...got a soft spot for light-hearted sidescrollers.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Matt_LRR said:
I DEMAND an Escapist Video Review.
Editorial does have an intern now... And we haven't made anyone review things that seem to be as awesome as eastern European adventure games since the WarCry review days.

Apr 28, 2008
SimuLord said:
The only time I want to see white anthropomorphic rabbits is when they're pursuing fruit-flavored breakfast cereal or toting a Luger with a talking dog.

Silly rabbit, games are for Steam.
What about the ones that hide chocolate eggs in your house?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Irridium said:
SimuLord said:
The only time I want to see white anthropomorphic rabbits is when they're pursuing fruit-flavored breakfast cereal or toting a Luger with a talking dog.

Silly rabbit, games are for Steam.
What about the ones that hide chocolate eggs in your house?
Someone comes into my house without my permission and starts skulking around the corners, I shoot to kill and invoke Castle Doctrine.

A nice hasenpfeffer on Easter sounds delicious.

Apr 29, 2010
Wait...since when did GameStop have its own mascot? Also, I've seen Flash games on Newgrounds that look better than that.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
I doubt I'll ever play the game, but I like the commercials with Buck in them... they're kinda funny

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Why would anyone pay to play a game that looks like that? It's not like you can even buy it to ironically trade it in either.

British-Hobo

Jan 3, 2010
Why would they cap the donation money? That would be my only incentive for buying a game you could find on any flash games website, so let's face it, I'd be better off just donating the 99c myself.

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
micky said:
Catalyst6 said:
Reminds me of those god-awful Burger King games that they tried to push out a few years back... /shudder.
i remember looking at them in blockbuster and just laughing.
Oh god I remember those days