Gaming Addiction Leads to Death of 3-Month Old Korean Girl

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
We've heard this sort of thing before, but this is definite proof that we need a parenting exam before couples are allowed to procreate.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
This isn't a "gaming addiction" thing, this is a "plain fucking lousy parenting" thing. Even if these people weren't game addicts, they probably would have let the poor child die of neglect anyway- even when they did remember to care for her they fed her bad food and physically abused her. Scum like these should never have been allowed to become parents in the first place. Of course, games are still going to cop the blame from all the douche's who'd rather look for scapegoats to demonise rather than just admit that some people are just FUCKERS.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
inflamessoilwork said:
This is why not everyone should get to breed
god i thought you said this is why everyone should get to bed then I thought get to bread then I saw it said breed then I noticed the not lol

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Just...wow, this is just plain sick. I don't see the problem if people treat the deaths cause as addiction, as both the moronic parents and addiction to games obviously is the reason why the kid died.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
yikes. that's just terrible, and i don't even like kids.

and what is it with all these reports from south korea about people suddenly dying from exahustion from playing a game, or even remotely mentioned to games? Haven't these people learned that's why there's a "START" and "SELECT" button on controllers, and the ESC key on keyboards? they're put there for a reason dumbasses, to pause the fucking game.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Sir Ollie said:
I'm sorry but that is fucking sick.
I seriously hope they rot.
It is really rather gross... gross neglect.
I think the kid got it easy, better than living with those goofs a second longer.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
When I come to power, the punishment will be the same as the crime*. In this case, they will be isolated and left to rot.

*I realize there would have to be exceptions.

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
Eh, whatever. Kids have a habit of turning over dead for no apparent reason, SIDS, so 1 kid dieing out of billions from a neglecting gamer couple is nothing.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
yes, but s*** like that happens regardless of whether it's tied to games or not. Sometimes it's drugs, or partying, or whatever.

It's incredibly tragic, but I fail to see how it illustrates any sort of "risk."

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
what a pair of idiots, also, 41 and 25? also, unemployed and spending that much time in internet cafes? where did they get the money? from the girls parents? or the cafes free?

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
Bloody hell that is tragic. I mean those people can't blame addiction for this, they were seriously bad human beings let alone parents. Neglecting the kid so much that it starved to death is a fucking disgrace.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
I actually feel sick to my stomache,thats just the worst thing I've heard all day.

anthony87 said:
Wonder how long it'll take Atkinson to roll with this one...
Don't worry, He's has to die sometime right?
...Right?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Angus565 said:
I actually feel sick to my stomache,thats just the worst thing I've heard all day.

anthony87 said:
Wonder how long it'll take Atkinson to roll with this one...
Don't worry, He's has to die sometime right?
...Right?
The man will die.

But the "being" that is Micheal Atkinson/Jack Thompson.....that shall live on forever.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I used to game that long...when I was in grade school. I couldn't even imagine playing that long now, nor could I imagine neglecting a real child over a virtual one. South Koreans have some issues with addiction it seems.