Gaming problems with my gf.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Charm Offensive said:

Pictures don't post here, so it says "a real girlfriend does not complain when her boyfriend is playing his xbox. She sits there and yells... KILL HIM"
What was that?

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Get her/convince her to buy an xbox (or whatever you play on) and a copy for herself. If she wants to play so badly she can do it along side you ;)

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Canid117 said:
Charm Offensive said:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmchytXP3d1qjbc5uo1_500.jpg [/img

Pictures don't post here, so it says "a real girlfriend does not complain when her boyfriend is playing his xbox. She sits there and yells... KILL HIM"

[/QUOTE]
What was that?[/quote]

Fail I believe. :)

OT: yeah strategic waiting isn't camping and there is a difference, as for the GF issue... just put up with it, develop a thick skin and take it like a pussy. Believe me, you're relationship will go smoother if you dont confront on things like this.

[QUOTE=Mozza444]It sounds like she needs something in her mouth.
Like you penis.
Fill her mouth with penis.[/QUOTE]

[i]whilst[/i] owning on CoD. Otherwise it would just be rude.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Charm Offensive said:
But she doesn't even know the difference between "camping" and "strategic waiting". Which. Is. What. I. Do.
Is it the same difference between running like a coward and a strategic retreat.
Because that's what I do...

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
Ahh, we're a classy bunch here on the Escapist.
ZeroMachine said:
You know what the solution is? Talking about it.

To her.

EDIT: Also, [*image*] *image url* [*/image*] will post the picture. Just remove the "*s"
Thank you.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Continuity said:
Canid117 said:
Charm Offensive said:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmchytXP3d1qjbc5uo1_500.jpg [/img

[/QUOTE]
What was that?[/quote]

Fail I believe. :)

[/quote]

Yeah damn typos...

The edit is up though.

^=ash=^

Sep 23, 2009
"Strategic Waiting" Haha, that's the best way of saying camping ever.

Your girlfriend sounds awesone, just plain awesome.

OTish: Take her advice in game, if it doesn't work at least you tried it out and shouldn;t get into an argument.

xxx

Charm Offensive

May 24, 2011
I'm opposed to oral sex and i'm pretty sure she'll beat me one on one, so those suggestions are out.

The thing is, we literally just moved in together over the weekend. I don't want to say that her commenting while i'm playing bugs me, because it might make it seem like moving in was a mistake.

But it does bug me. A lot.

Neo10101

Sep 7, 2009
Charm Offensive said:
Well, i only play team headqaurters and i think the difference between "camping" and "strategic waiting" is this.

A camper will park himself somewhere hidden or hard to reach soleley with a view of racking up kills while not dying to unlock a killstreak reward. Giving absolutely no thought to how his actions affect the team's ability to secure a HQ.

A strategic waiter like myself will choose his location very carefully. Normally a tactical position where i can provide overwatch for the guys on the ground that are attacking the HQ itself, or of the major routes from the spawns to the HQ.

I mean, yeah, i avoid the thickest of the action so i can unlock the attack dogs killstreak, but i do it for purely selfless reasons.
Dude, (camper, hiding in a hard to reach space, you, choosing your location very carefully which probably means somewhere hard to reach and well hidden, Campers provide assistance team, whether they intend to or not, which apparently you also assist your team. Finally you claim they "just go for killstreaks, which they are probably just going for kills, but even if that is the case you just said that you do as well.) You baiscally just proved to yourself that they are the same thing with different names.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
bad rider said:
Charm Offensive said:
But she doesn't even know the difference between "camping" and "strategic waiting". Which. Is. What. I. Do.
Is it the same difference between running like a coward and a strategic retreat.
Because that's what I do...
Sorta the same difference, a strategic retreat is backing off when staying where you are will do no good and will get you killed... running like a coward is just legging it regardless of the strategic situation.

Camping is staying in one spot indefinitely, and strategic waiting is staying in one spot for a short time because its that or run out into some crossfire... or waiting for the right moment to ambush someone.

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
I don't really see the problem. If you're getting so worked up over the way she plays Call of Duty, I'd say you're letting something really quite insignificant (video game tactics) intrude way too heavily on a real life relationship. A relationship with a loved one is far more important than any form of media entertainment.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
Charm Offensive said:
I'm opposed to oral sex and i'm pretty sure she'll beat me one on one, so those suggestions are out.

The thing is, we literally just moved in together over the weekend. I don't want to say that her commenting while i'm playing bugs me, because it might make it seem like moving in was a mistake.

dude just fucking ignore it, unless its something that impairs your ability to play the game, cause that's a really stupid thing to have a hangup about

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Charm Offensive said:
I'm quite a big gamer and have been spending a fair amount of my free time playing Black Ops on my xbox recently. I'm not neglecting Natasha or anything, in fact she's kind of a gamer too. The following picture is kind of true of our relationship.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmchytXP3d1qjbc5uo1_500.jpg

The graphic makes it seem like a nice thing, but, it's kind of annoying when proceeded by "why are you using the ACOG attachment on such a small map" or "didn't you just call that other guy a tosser for camping in that exact same spot that you have been prone on for the last 90 seconds".

Or my personal favourite "oh give me the controller and i'll do it". She knows the difference in stopping power between an Ithaca and a HS-10 and thinks it makes her a bloody, i don't know, cold war era Joan of Ark or something.

I really don't want our first major fight to be over Call of Duty. I just really needed to rant about this, but does anyone have any advice on how i can mitigate my burning desire to scream whenever she offers me advice on the game?
Tell your woman you don't have to say anything to the people who camp, because bullets in the face and grenades in crotches speak volumes, and when she says your camping say, "No I'm not, I'm not walking into enemy fire is what I'm doing.

But if you don't want to do that say, "Yes, dear, of course, dear, or anything you say, dear."

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Charm Offensive said:

Honestly you'll have to talk to her about it. If you ignore her comments with the hope it will make your relationship smoother it might have an adverse effect. I mean, how happy are you going to be if you're bundling up everything just to keep her from getting mad? You're already upset over it, and it will just get worse if you never say anything.

Just tell her you play your own way, and while you appreciate how badass she is for kicking ass at CoD and all the advice she's offered about the game your playstyles are just different.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I like reading some of the responses to this thread, it makes me chuckle.

OT: Be a little more patient with her, she is a gamer like you. When in doubt, go head to head against her in Black Ops to see who is the better player. If she beats you, then clearly she knows what she is talking about. Make sure not to get too serious in the competition or it may backfire. Call it a "friendly competition" if you like.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
"...Strategic waiting?"

Sorry, mate. As many others have said, your girlfriend's right. And (promise I'm not saying this because of female solidarity, but...) she sounds like she knows what she's doing. As you've said you're "pretty sure she'll beat you one on one," have you ever thought that she's just giving you tips? I give tips to my gamer friends all the time when we're playing. (a la: "No, when I do that move you want to block and counter, not try to attack me after I've started winding up for it" in a fighting game.) You can fight about it if you so desire, but to me, it seems like she's in the right.

Worst comes to worst, and you need to duke it out in a non-fight situation: pick a game you're both equally good at and decide who's right in a 1v1 match (or best 2 out of 3, or whatever you can agree on). Winner of the match is right. Though, really, talking it out with a simple "I'd appreciate it if you don't backseat game while I'm playing" would be simplest.

May 17, 2010
Maybe ask her not to do that? That tends to be how you get people to do things. By asking them.

That said you are a camping bastard so this relationship is probably karma.