Gaming Showcase 2024

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Doom: The Dark Ages looks cool, looks like more Doom Eternal, which I'm fine with, I liked Eternal.

On your Tail also looks really cool and cute.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm starting to think BO-verse is starting to get more convoluted with each installment.
Starting?! It got convoluted at the start of BLOPS2.

And we actually got a new look at Perfect Dark reboot! Lots of parkour, gadgets, stealth, and good ol future setting. I'm actually surprised we got to see this. But of course, there is no subtitle and is just called Perfect Dark. Why do reboots do this?
Because it's a "re-imagining".

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Because it's a "re-imagining".

Gotta love how that meme will forever remain relevant as long as the entertainment/gaming industry exists.

Anyways, I won't be covering PC gaming showcase as I'll be out of the house, but I doubt I'll miss much.

After that is Ubisoft and I'm really looking FORWARD to see how crappy it is

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wished I liked Monster Hunter for all the hype the new games get, but I really don't.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wished I liked Monster Hunter for all the hype the new games get, but I really don't.
I am not a MH fan either, and World, Rise, and Wilds are made to be more casual friendly in mind. They can be done single player, but they're clearly at their best with friends.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Well it still gonna attract good number of people, even though I am not riding on the hype either.
I am not a MH fan either, and World, Rise, and Wilds are made to be more casual friendly in mind. They can be done single player, but they're clearly at their best with friends.
True, but even some hunts people seem to struggle and always call for co-op help. I certainly hope we aren't stuck just in the desert biome

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I doubt it. More will be revealed later and then other biomes will start showing up. Though I do feel desert/sand will play heavy themes in Wilds.
All I know is that Wilds has a bird horse, so it has my interest.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Anyone wanna guess what percentage of these (Xbox especially) games will be canned?

I’ve read somewhere that Microsoft has had more studio closures than first party releases this year.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Anyone wanna guess what percentage of these (Xbox especially) games will be canned?

I’ve read somewhere that Microsoft has had more studio closures than first party releases this year.
I doubt any of them will be canned. They have gotten far enough to be in a showcase and most are releasing this year. But it is worth remembering that microsoft fucked with our trust when it did the merger and then immediately closed not only a bunch of studios, but ones that had made good successful games. I'm annoyed that some of their games are of interest to me, since at this point if feels dirty to give them any money. Also, where the hell are Gears 1-4 on steam?

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Same.
I tried World and it was a lot of walking around, watching annoying anime tropes, walking around...
Then I read about it and like "well you really get into it 20 hours in" or some such and sure I don't lead the busiest life but jesus f'n christ what are we doing here lol.

Every time I see a MH trailer i'm like "why am I not playing this, of course I want to hunt monsters, I should be doing this instead of replaying Witcher 3 for the 50th time" but then at least in those games I don't have to watch a cat cook or get stuck chasing some animal for a half hour and I can't pause it.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Same.
I tried World and it was a lot of walking around, watching annoying anime tropes, walking around...
Then I read about it and like "well you really get into it 20 hours in" or some such and sure I don't lead the busiest life but jesus f'n christ what are we doing here lol.

Every time I see a MH trailer i'm like "why am I not playing this, of course I want to hunt monsters, I should be doing this instead of replaying Witcher 3 for the 50th time" but then at least in those games I don't have to watch a cat cook or get stuck chasing some animal for a half hour and I can't pause it.
If the mainline series isn't for you, you might enjoy something like Monster Hunter Stories 2 more. Its a turn based rpg unlike the mainline series and it does have some anime bullshit in its plot, but I ended up really enjoying the plot of the game, unlike the mainline series, whos plots... exist. If you do decide to get it, I would suggest turning the language to japanese. You can only hear them say "monstie" so many times before you want them to die, reading it is easier.

It even has a trail version.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
The PC Game showcase is where I hit my limit with trailers. I just got so bored half-way through.
I was watching via Second Wind livestream and Nick Colandra theorized the XBox showcase hogged a lot of the good trailers. I dunno- while I do have a "gaming PC" I'm not a loyal PC platformist so I can't say if the parade of city builders, pixel metroidvanias and deck/rogue/whatevers is more for the PC hardcore than me.
More important is there were like a 8 other showcases of indy games.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I also was gonna ask where tf are Mason and Hudson, then I remembered this takes place during the flashback sequence in BO2, meaning Hudson was killed by Menendez, and Mason was killed (or believed to be killed depending on the player action) by Woods by mistake.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I also was gonna ask where tf are Mason and Hudson, then I remembered this takes place during the flashback sequence in BO2, meaning Hudson was killed by Menendez, and Mason was killed (or believed to be killed depending on the player action) by Woods by mistake.
This is why they need to stop doing prequels. The next Gears of War game is another damn prequel. Why? I'm not a fan, but they should just go to the six main line entry and move on.

Reactions: FakeSympathy