Gaming Sins

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
1. Having played the Matrix games
2. Not liking the Zelda series (who am I kidding, I'm not ashamed of that)
3. Never finishing any of the Metroid Prime games.

TrogzTheTroll

Aug 11, 2009
It was my first time on Starcraft 2.

I wanted to prove myself, show I can play this game and, if I really wanted to, be good at it! Play with some good players and improve my skills. Be able to pull off crazy cool stuff like I see in the live streams...

I cannon rushed all of my first games for quick, cheesy victories.

Edit: and I still suck.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
If it is a story driven game, I will play it on very very easy the first time through, for the singular reason that I want to know the story before anyone else I know does.

Though, I'm an achievement hunter too so I pretty much always have to do a second hellish difficulty play-through to make up for this, but playing a game twice to never be spoiled on a good story, worth it.

NinjazInside

Apr 12, 2011
I have a hate a teabaggers... but if the mood overtakes me i will unforunately do it myself... or as payback. And after i beat one person i have a tendency even if i have pretty much all my ammo left, i reload and it usually gets me killed so yeah those are my two things i am ashamed of doing and ashamed of the community doing.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
maiqtheliar said:
not reloading until completely out of ammo-- i constantly have to check myself on this.
yeah, though i keep remembering to reload just as i begin to do so automatically in gears, so i keep jamming my fucking gun. annoys me quite a bit.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
1)Thou shalt not cheat nor exploit glitches to the ends of making the game easier.
2)Thou shalt not use hax in any game.
3)Thou shalt not use third party addons to a game that grants easy access to powerful or godlike advantages.
4)Thou shalt play on the medium difficulty fist,and adjust to your skill.
5)Thou shalt use any strategem thou can concieve,so long as it doesn't violate any other commandment listede here.

My five gaming commandments. In my 16 years of gaming (Now 18),I abided to these 100% for five of em. Before then I didn't pay attention to anything.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
FFHAuthor said:
Never played any Portal game. Ever.
nothing to be ashamed of. i never did untill late last year when my brother found a torrent for it because he recently found out about a good site from his friends and wanted to play some of the games we never got around to. managed to download it and beat it in a day, so if you ever feel like playing it, its pretty easy to do so.

as for me, im also one of those "but i might need it later" types, so i tend to hoard things in rpgs, like crafting materials, even though i never get around to finding the recipies or making the damn things. except in fallout 3, then i hoard a bunch and make a bunch, get 1 or 2 of each in perfect condition and sell the rest, or just sell all the mines, since i never EVER use mines in fallout. or in any game really, never been the trap setting type unless im in a situation where i have to dig in in a strategy game or something, in which case ill set some mines at the entrances, and then go FUCK when they ALL get triggered by the first, and usually weakest, guy.

oh, except for that one mission in company of heroes. the second one in the first game where you are airborne troopers so all your guys can lay mines, i always leave one section of the road uncaptured, secure the rest of the map, literally cover the entire area where the convoy will come in mines (and i mean the ENTIRE fucking area), as well as half the road, and set up sandbags on the off chance one gets that far, usually because some bike goes out of control and triggers enough of them so that there is a path.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Ive been playing assins creed 2 and even though I manage completle most tasks I feel like I botch it up when I end up just smashing them to death with swords rather than being all sneaky about it

Im really bad an being an assasin

0thello

Apr 2, 2009
I sometimes hold the lightgun sidewards in arcades when playing House of the Dead. I also recite Goldmans lines and onlookers can't stop laughing at how goofy they are.

Escapist Account

Sep 9, 2009
I made some Commandements for Halo because I'm a whore and have no life.
The Ten Commandments
I. I am your God, Bungie. You shall not favor CoD before Halo.
II. Thou shall not use Bungie?s name in vain.
III. Keep holy in Bungie day.
IV. Honor your competent teammates (for they are far and few between).
V. Thou shall not teamkill.
VI. Thou shall not teabag.
VII. Thou shall not steal kills.
VIII. Thou shall not give false player reviews.
IX. Thou shall not covet nor play as an Elite.
X. Thou shall not covet n00b weapons (energy swords, rocket launchers, shotguns, etc.)

Conn1496

Apr 21, 2011
Quitting games before unlocking the cool stuff. I do that too much.

Jray1337 said:
X. Thou shall not covet n00b weapons (energy swords, rocket launchers, shotguns, etc.)
And can I just say 9 and 10 are bull. 9 is basically crying that you like Spartans too much, and 10 is saying not to use any weapon, because some people are sad with battle rifles etc. I know that anyone with the unfortunate luck to run into me with a plasma pistol will be dead in seconds. I know, laugh all you want, plasma pistol. But 1 charge and a couple of bullets from another wep, and bye-bye you!

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Riddle78 said:
1)Thou shalt not cheat nor exploit glitches to the ends of making the game easier.
2)Thou shalt not use hax in any game.
3)Thou shalt not use third party addons to a game that grants easy access to powerful or godlike advantages.
4)Thou shalt play on the medium difficulty fist,and adjust to your skill.
5)Thou shalt use any strategem thou can concieve,so long as it doesn't violate any other commandment listede here.

My five gaming commandments. In my 16 years of gaming (Now 18),I abided to these 100% for five of em. Before then I didn't pay attention to anything.
it is good to know my beliefs are not only held by myself. and this makes me happy. however, i must admit i have only managed to keep 4 of these promises. for when i would get stuck in a strategy game, or simply bored and want to see the story in the game quality, i use a code to just plow through the levels.
also, in a world i had put much effort into in minecraft, i found a giant cave system rich in all minerals, but upon finding these caves i always quit, because it is too daunting. however, this time i resolved to stay the course, and found myself trapped underground with a shit ton of iron, redstone, lapus lazuli, a few diamonds, and a bunch of gold and coal, but no wood, 1 torch, and a steel pick with about 5 uses left. here, i had no choice but to get single player commands so i could spawn a diamond pick and fly out.
the pick i promptly destroyed, and from then on i only used the flying hack to find the borders of my island, so i could get an idea of what kind of space i had to develop, and also once on a new world to spawn 10k arrows, and a bow, so i could do strafing runs on pigs and zombies and skeletons and spiders and crap. but in a new world which i deleted. (oh and i tried the explosion and atlantis mode just to see what they were like.)
i must go on a quest of redemption, but at least i admit i have fallen to the evil of hax, and saved my self from eternal damnation.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
I am not above using GameFAQs to get through point and click adventure games. Those of you who grew up before the internet will just shake their heads at me.

Sikratua

Apr 11, 2011
I own a copy of Kakuto Chojin. I'm not ashamed of that. Hell, I love extremely bad games. I'm actually more ashamed of not owning Aquaman for the Gamecube.

Escapist Account

Sep 9, 2009
Conn1496 said:
Quitting games before unlocking the cool stuff. I do that too much.

Jray1337 said:
And can I just say 9 and 10 are bull. 9 is basically crying that you like Spartans too much, and 10 is saying not to use any weapon, because some people are sad with battle rifles etc. I know that anyone with the unfortunate luck to run into me with a plasma pistol will be dead in seconds. I know, laugh all you want, plasma pistol. But 1 charge and a couple of bullets from another wep, and bye-bye you!
Yeah, I'm aware but I made it as a parody of the real 10 commandments. Couldn't really think of anything else.