Gato Community College. (game thread)

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet more or less sat and yawned her way through the meeting, none of it felt particularly interesting to her. Sierra binding herself to the queen's laws struck her as a bad idea, and the 'tech' being discussed didn't seem to her to be anything new. There would always be someone looking for an advantage, be it technology, magic, connections, or some other power. It mattered little what form it took, it was all the same. Technological advantages had always seemed to her to be the worst sort, they could be broken or separated from their user in many cases and sometimes even stolen and turned against their user. People you could gain leverage over, manipulate, technology didn't care.

Seeing some of the others go to greet Sierra as the meeting ended Juliet decided to do the same.

I have a feeling a few of you would appreciate what the find has to offer greatly. But that's a matter for later, for now, how you all been? Anything interesting happen while I was away, not counting some one 'moving the rock' Regalia was hiding under, that is."

"Well enough," she said modestly, giving a smirk "can't speak for everyone but I've been keeping things fun for myself, I'd be happy to tell you all the juicy details later if you want."

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Tomas

Tomas walked over to where Sierra and the others were gathering. Wanting to say hello as well since she was technical still part of the team. Listen to them talk as Sierra wonder how everyone been. "Mostly fine..besides the torture Karis and Viktor been putting us through." He half joked about it. Getting a small chuckle at least from William, since he been getting the worst of it from Viktor.

"I see your still in one piece even after going to hell and coming back."

William

William nodded as he listened to Sierra. Wondering what sort of info she has about Regalia but for now, it was about catching up with each other. "Like Tomas said, we mostly been training or studying like crazy..well..some of us at least," Will said, knowing both Sol and Juliet been sneaking off now and then. Though he could under stand for Juliet since she is a Succubus after all. The only way for her to recharge was..well..having sex.

"But anyways it will be great to have the group back together again..at least for a bit."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol felt restless as he approached the dorms. Just what had he promised to do?

I have to tell Luke about... well, everything.

He felt a bit of guilt about the way he thought about it. Trusting someone you cared about shouldn't be a drag or something to be nervous about. That was probably why it was so difficult for Luke to get it either way.

That's not the same, though. Luke wouldn't know. Perhaps he'd get it if I was less cheerful and more of a wreck.

He sighed. Where would he even start? What did Luke actually want to know? Should he leave something out?

What if he hates me?

Sol looked at the door to his room, it was probably better that he just stayed in the common area, else he might just try to escape.

Why does everyone need me to trust people? Not just Luke, but Sam, and the others in the group too.

It seemed to especially get on the nerve of Viktor, but Sol couldn't help it, he had tried to explain it before.

Not like he'd get it without me telling him why exactly it makes me feel icky. But at least Vik wouldn't care enough to avoid me, like Luke might.

Perhaps he could ask. Perhaps he'd just need to tell Vik a little bit for the other to get the gist, and perhaps Vik would have more of an idea how Sol should put it, or how Luke might react. And perhaps it would help Vik deal with Sol too, or help explain what Sol was thinking.

It's worth a try. Even if I'm wasting his time. I mean, he's in charge of us, and it'll probably help teamwork in some way.

Besides, if it became too difficult, Sol could just pretend he was calling about something else. He didn't have that opportunity with Luke later. Going through the numbers on his phone, he found Vik's and started calling.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
He?d gone back to examining the armour and asking questions to the soldier that had been wearing it, obviously to the annoyance of the soldier. Mentally he was already composing another report, when a nervous female voice pipped up behind him.

"S-sorry...The message came while I was showering, and I didn't look at my phone until you messaged me."

Part of him wanted to snap at her, but he knew that was just a reflex to the other shit that was on his mind. Instead, he took a deep breath and turned around, catching smell of fresh shampoo wafting off Yvette as he did. ?It?s fine.? He said, ?I?ll get you a transcript so you?re up to date. Sorry I made you run down here, you may as well go back to what you were doing.? When it looked like Yvette was going to apologise again, he waved it off.

He was about to do one last look over of the armour before he want to write his report, when his phone rang. ?Hello Mr. Thorn.? He said with an obvious note of curiosity in his voice. ?How can I help you??

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Hello Mr. Thorn. How can I help you?"

"Well, you could stop calling me Mr. Thorn. I mean, I know we've had some disagreements lately, but that's cold," he joked, looking at the door to make sure no one was entering the common room. If they did, he'd just move into his own room, but still, he was sitting comfortably right now.

"But no matter, I do have something you can help me with. It's, well, it's not going to be simple for me to say, but it might explain a bit about my behaviour. And I need a bit of advice, if you don't mind. So, are you close to the dorms? Or close to somewhere people won't just listen in? I mean, if you're busy, I'll just drop it, but, uhm. I kind of promised someone I'd do something, and I really don't know how to do it, so it might be a total disaster if I don't get some pointers."

Sol laughed, nervously. He knew he was being uncharacteristically nervous, and he doubted it was working in his favor. Clearing his voice, he hid the nervousness in his speech and continue. "I mean, it's not really your problem. But if it goes well, I'll be a good boy, I promise. Even at training and in class. I'll be the goodest boy I've ever been."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

He sighed internally as Sol spoke; he had several other things he need to get done soon, and this sounded like it may take a while. ?Alright Solomon,? He replied. ?How about you meet me in my office in about ten minutes.? Hanging up, he moved through the crowed around Sierra, nodding to the others as he did. ?Sierra, when you get a moment could you get one of Seth?s little minions to write up a transcript of your presentation for me? Had a team member miss the briefing, and I really don?t have to time to do it myself.?

From there he hustled back to his office and hammered out a report for Kyiv, calling for a halt to all Clan and allied activity against Regalia targets with enchanted gear. Attaching a copy of the information Sierra had given him earlier, he just hoped they got it before there were too many casualties. Seeing that he still had a moment or two before Sol arrived, he emptied his overflowing ashtray and tried to vent at least some of the stale cigarette odour.

Yvette

Feeling more than a little down cast for screwing up, Yvette returned to the team quarters. As she entered the common room she saw Solomon sitting off to one side, talking on his phone, but she merely gave him a small acknowledging wave, before returning to her room and her assignment. ?C?mon you bastard.? She muttered. ?I?m not going to let you beat me.? Sitting back at her enchanting array, she set to work on a new charm. Maybe eighth time is a charm.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"I bet" Sierra said, giving Juliet a wry smirk, though sighed at Tomas's comment about 'Hell'. "It's not hell. Hell is a realm for spirits and souls it's not a place you can just 'go' to. As I said, 'The Demon Realm' should be called 'Avalon'." She said, it was at this point Viktor cut in, made his request the left. Around that time the 'Demon' in the Power Armor left as well.

With Viktor gone she turned back to the group. "Well, Karis is an Ex-Mercenary General, so should be expected really. Besides it might seem like 'torture' but you'll thank him for it in the long run." Just as she finished her sentence though, her wings, tail and horns all 'poofed' out to there full size, the sudden shift in weight causing her to fall back on her but, and her to curse a little, which from the sound of it, implied she wasn't in 'full' control of her new form and powers just yet.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Alright Solomon, how about you meet me in my office in about ten minutes."

"Come on, it's not Solomon, it's just Sol--" Sol said, waving to Yvette as she passed by, then added, "Yeah, okay. I'll see you then." He was rather relieved Vik had said yes, even though it wasn't necessary to meet up in Vik's office.

Perhaps he's actually going to tell me off for wasting his time, and he wanted to mimic a principle while doing so.

Unlikely, but still possible. Hanging up, Sol leaned backwards, staring at the ceiling for a bit before heading out. It wouldn't take quite 10 minutes to get to Vik's office.

Oh right, the burger.

He got up to put it in the fridge, then checked his watch again. "This is close enough." Sol muttered, and went on his way. Knocking on Vik's door, he waited for a brief moment, then opened the door.

"It's been 10 minutes," he said, and was about to step inside, but then he remembered his hat. Sol never wore his hat inside Vik's office, mostly so that the other would wonder why he kept removing it. Also, something something good manners or whatever.

"Hi, thanks for having me." Sol said and sat down in the closest chair. He examined Vik, and smiled, sheepishly. "Like my hair by the way? I just sort of decided to cut it. Some of my best work so far." He said it a bit absentmindedly, as he was really just waiting for Vik to ask what all of this was about.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

"Hi, thanks for having me. Like my hair by the way? I just sort of decided to cut it. Some of my best work so far."

?Yeah, it looks fine.? Viktor replied, making a little ?get on with it? hand motion as he spoke. ?You said you wanted to speak with me.? He seriously hoped this was something important, he was getting very tired of having to pander to Solomon?s ego to get the Hunter to do anything that may involve work he may dislike?like working with others.

Seth had made him promise to be a bit more flexible when it came to dealing with his team mates, and for the most part he found he was able to; but Solomon seemed to be able to get on his nerves with incredible ease. Pulling the last cigarette out of a crumpled pack that lay on his desk, Viktor lit it and exhaled towards the ceiling while he waited for a response.

Yvette

?Fuck this?I give up.? Yvette sighed as she tossed another dead charm aside. She?d done every check she could think of. Inspected each line of the incantations for spelling and grammar, triple checked the sigils for accuracy, took the basic ?root? spells apart to their most fundamental levels to try and find errors, and nothing. She had no problem with Enchanting Theory; Hell, her marks there were the only reason she hadn?t totally bombed out on the class, but her ?practical? was at best terrible. Even before the attacks, she?d had trouble putting together basic enchantments, and now that she was being given only slightly more advanced stuff, they just refused to work.

Shutting the arrays down, she double checked her notes to make sure she had it all down, then packed it up. She?d admit defeat, then see if the instructor could show her where she went wrong. Feeling more than a little annoyed with herself, she returned to the common room to where she?d left her Alchemy and Magical Theory work. A part of her noted that Sol had departed, but mostly she just focused on the course work she could actually do.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Yeah, it looks fine. You said you wanted to speak with me."

"Fine fine," Sol said, then he took a deep breath. "SoanywaysIgrewupinCaliforniaandmeandmyfamilywewerehappybut..." He stopped, and laughed awkwardly. "Sorry. Anyhow, the important bits; My mother died of cancer when I was fourteen, I spent a half year living with an emotionally abusive, alcohol father who didn't even try to keep me safe or fed, then I lived on the street, drinking and fucking and stealing through the day to pass time until I was 16, where I became a burglar and broke into... a lot of places. Really, I must've broken into more than 75 places during 5 years. And I didn't have any friends, and I kept using sexual favors as a way to keep my criminal contacts from abandoning me and all that stuff. And then, uhm, Elizabeth found me and saved my life from the leech mafia, at age 21."

He stopped talking, having barely taken a breath as he spoke, and looked at Vik for some sort of reaction. However, then he realized he didn't really want that reaction, and kept talking. "And I know this doesn't really concern you. I mean, I've tried to explain that I really don't have much of an instinct to trust or work together with people, and this might put some of that into context, but I didn't really come here to explain myself to you, sorry." He rubbed his nose, then folded his arms.

"I came, as I said, to ask for help, though I'd love it if you took into account that I trust you enough to tell you something I've only told Elizabeth before, and then mostly because she knew about part of it, and I was super drunk." He sighed. "Anyhow, I want help with telling Luke. We've fought about this, and we made up not more than an hour ago, but I ended up promising him I'd tell him about my past." He forced a smile. "And, I really don't know how to do that. I mean, how do you tell the person you love that you're just a lowly criminal who couldn't feel safe unless he promised people sexual favors? An underage boy who had sex just to pass time, and who'd drink just as much as his alcoholic father? Or a pathetic child who couldn't even cry during his mother's funeral, because he was just so, so tired? I mean, either he's going to hate me and think I'm despicable, or he's going to pity me, and either way he's probably never going to want to see me again, and that scares me, a lot."

His body language tightened as he spoke, though after a brief moment, he looked directly at Vik and smiled, feeling somewhat relieved to have told someone. "Anyhow, that's the gist of it. And I know, it's not your issue, but as I said, out of everyone here, I thought of you, because I respect you, and I hope you can help me, if only a little."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Mirabelle stood there and listened as the others talked to Sierra, patiently waiting until she could speak. In that time, the usual pleasantries were exchanged, complaints about training were told, and everything worthwhile that she could have said was said...great. Now she had to figure out what she would say herself since, outside of her weapon, she hadn't really done anything out of the ordinary. Of course, she could tell her all about Yvette...but it would probably be better if she met her herself. Either way, she had to come up with something to say.

While she thought that up, she overheard Sierra sighing and saying something that struck her as odd.

"It's not hell. Hell is a realm for?spirits and souls?it's not a place you can just 'go' to. As I said, 'The Demon Realm' should be called 'Avalon'."

Yes, she could see the point of not refering to the demon realm as Hell, but the insistance of calling it "Avalon" seemed...not right. After all, if it bothered the resident demons in the team, they certainly didn't seem to care enough to say or show it. Heck, even the Mercenary general seemed alright with it just being refered to as the demon realm, much less Seth or Juliet, neither of which Mira could see caring about what term they called it by. And yet now, Sierra, who had only been in the demon realm for a total of two months, was trying to change things which those from that realm presumably didn't think was broken. She was actually ready to say something to that effect too...until her wings, tail, and horn suddenly expanded and threw her of balance.

Deciding that her complain could be put on the back burner for a while, Mira offered a hand and helped pull Sierra up beofre finally saying, "Nothing has been all that different for me...save for a me making a weapon and us getting a new team member. Now...i'm glad you seem to have gotten something like your old form back but...how? I mean, if your too tired, i understand, but...i'd like to know."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

He sat back quietly and smoked while Solomon spilled the short version of his life?s story; once the young hunter finished, he sat forward and stubbed out the butt end of the cigarette. ?I?ll give you the short version. Tell him, tell him the whole thing. Luke seems like a nice kid, but if he can?t accept you because of what you?ve had to do to survive, then he?s not worth your time.? As he spoke he did his best not to shudder at the thought of the ?Leech Mob?; he?d encountered them a couple of times early on after he was turned, and that was more than enough for him.

Focusing back on the task at hand, he looked Sol square in the eye. ?Unless you?ve left something out, you never killed anyone during your thieving, and as for the fucking and drinking? You did what you felt was needed to be safe and to deal with the stress. It certainly wasn?t the healthiest way to go about things, but I can?t exactly condemn you for that without being a massive hypocrite, so I won?t.?

?Like you said it?s not really my issue, but despite how?trying?you can be at times Sol, I like you, and I think you and Luke are good together, and I?d hate to see that fall apart any further.? Opening a new pack, he lit another cigarette. ?Don?t know if that?s what you were hoping to hear, but that?s the best I?ve got.? He said, taking a drag and exhaling upwards.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"I'll give you the short version. Tell him, tell him the whole thing. Luke seems like a nice kid, but if he can't accept you because of what you've had to do to survive, then he's not worth your time."

"You're sort of correct and sort of completely wrong," Sol grinned. I mean, yeah, I know, I should tell him everything. Perhaps especially the difficult parts. But no matter how he reacts, he'd be worth my time. Even if he rejects me and starts considering me some sort of lowlife, I'd still feel like he's worth my time. That's why I'm, you know. A bit nervous."

He wasn't a bit nervous. However, Sol had a feeling Vik already understood that.

"Unless you've left something out, you never killed anyone during your thieving, and as for the fucking and drinking? You did what you felt was needed to be safe and to deal with the stress. It certainly wasn't the healthiest way to go about things, but I can't exactly condemn you for that without being a massive hypocrite, so I won't. Like you said it's not really my issue, but despite how...trying...you can be at times Sol, I like you, and I think you and Luke are good together, and I'd hate to see that fall apart any further."

"You're right. I don't want us to fall apart any further too." He didn't even want to think the thought.

"Don't know if that's what you were hoping to hear, but that's the best I've got."

"No, it's good. I didn't really know what to expect. I'd never have wasted your time if I knew what you would say. I'm not that kinda guy. Really, you helped me gather my thoughts a lot, thank you." He tipped his hat, jokingly, and then continued.

"Also, there was a second thing. I think I'll probably be ranting now, though." He chuckled.

"But, you know. I know I've been difficult to deal with. I'm hoping perhaps some of this might explain it. I mean... well, you know. When I think of trusting people, I think of my father, who was supposed to protect me, and my brother who dragged me onto the street. I think of all the people I felt like I had to tip-toe around, and make sure they knew about my worth, else they too would abandon me. I can trust myself, but everyone else is... I try to ignore it, but even if we're supposed to be a group, I think about how I could be abandoned and betrayed in the earliest convenient moment. And then you tell me you'll remove me from the group if I don't act as I should, and I just feel even more like I'm this insignificant pawn who's so disposable and small that you might just forget me when we're out on a mission. And I can't be that, you know. I can't lower my guard, I can't be weak, and I have add something unique to the table, because if not I'll be replaced."

He smiled a forced smile. "Well, more simply put; I can't be a soldier, Vik, I can't follow blindly. I can listen to instructions, I can be trusted, because I will always honor promises. As long as one can be expected to, of course, but I consider that further than most.

But you know, I can't be a pawn, because I also have to look out for myself. No one else will. I can't even trust Elizabeth, or Luke, not like that, not because they're bad people, but because they need to protect themselves too. Only Sol will look out for Sol, that's what years of experience has taught me. And I know my weaknesses and strengths, I know what I need to do in order to prepare myself for a situation, so it frustrates me when I don't have an input on that. It frustrates me when I have years of experience in planning missions, even if they're just my own, and I don't even have a say. Because it feels like I'll be screwed over. It doesn't need to take more than one person, or even one mistake, for me to be on my own again. And I need to be prepared for that."

Sol scratched his nose. "I'll do my utmost to fulfil whatever is expected of me, and I'll protect everyone on the team to the point where I stop considering what the consequences might be. But I need to protect myself too. I can't trust anyone else to do that, and I can't lower my guard, ever. I simply cannot afford to trust anyone, can't afford having them think I'm worthless so they can throw me away." He poked at Vik's ash-tray, a bit absentmindedly. He then looked directly at Vik, the expression on his face a mix of solemnity and embarrassment, as well as just plain sadness. Sol didn't like talking about his thoughts or emotions.

"Does that make any sense? If not, don't worry, I promised to be a good boy, and I'll do as you said from now. Without complaining. That's a good treat now, isn't it? Almost worth it?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Oh? Who's the sucker?" Sierra snarked as Mira pulled her back up. "As you your question about how I got my new powers. It's tied to a theory Lady Riviera has, and has been researching for a while now, which ties to another theory she has." she said as she took her cloak off to let her wings settle more freely. "I got it through a process called 'Aetheric Evolution'. It's basically exposing some one to a massive amount of Aether to cause a mutation, but not at level's high enough to be fatal" Sierra explained. "It gets kinda complicated, with varying wave lengths depending on what realm your on. But the short of it is. I'm not 'human' any more technically, but I'm not a 'Demon' or 'Angel' ether."

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Tomas

"It's not hell. Hell is a realm for spirits and souls it's not a place you can just 'go' to. As I said, 'The Demon Realm' should be called 'Avalon'."

Tomas just shrugged as he was about to say something until Sierra transform into her new form by mistake it seems and fell down. About to reach out to help her up but Mira beat him to it. "I see you been some new additions," he said, looking at her wings and horns. "And are having the same problems I had a while ago." He chuckled lightly. Knowing what it feels like to not have full control over your transformations yet.

William

William saw Sierra new form and wonder if she was becoming a demon. Before he could help Sierra up, Mira offer her hand and did the deed herself. A thought entered his head as Sierra was talking about how she was transformed into this state. "Um..Sierra...do you think..I was exposed to a high amount of Aether?" he asked, wondering if that how he got his powers.

He never knew how his father did it, but he was always curious about it.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
After making his comment, Daniel hung back and watched as others took their turn in asking questions; there was a brief pause as Yvette came charging in, and apologised to Viktor, and by extension everyone else for missing the meeting. With some reassurance from Viktor about getting her a transcript of what was talked about, she left as quickly as she came.

I'll have to check on her later and see how her studies are going; after all, I do have the promise to keep.

Shortly thereafter, Sierra displayed the full extent of her changes, which caused her to fall down, luckily Mirabelle came into to pull her up. "Oh? Who's the sucker?" Asked Sierra as she enquired about the newcomer, then answered the golem's question on her new form.

"I got it through a process called 'Aetheric Evolution'. It's basically exposing someone to a massive amount of Aether to cause a mutation, but not at level's high enough to be fatal."

"It gets kinda complicated, with varying wavelengths depending on what realm you're on. But the short of it is. I'm not 'human' anymore technically, but I'm not a 'Demon' or 'Angel' either."

"Ah, Aetheric Evolution, that is a science I have not delved into for, years?... decades?... centuries?... suffice to say a very long time. Wavelengths are not the only thing you have to take into consideration when conducting such experimentation. There is the amount of Aether you expose someone too, which can vary from being to being. How the infusion of such a large amount of Aether might react to residual elements within the subject, especially if they are from a different realm; amongst other factors. Though I'm sure you took such measures into account with your own infusion, after all, you're still standing."

"As for the newcomer, a female Nephilim by the name of Yvette has joined the team. She was the one who came running in earlier. May not look it at first glance, but she has potential; I should know, given who her father is."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

Lighting a new smoke off the butt-end of the last one, he sighed. ?I get what you mean about only trusting yourself, believe me. Granted it was under very different circumstances, but I know the feeling that you are the only one you can rely on?and that?s also my problem?? He groaned a bit and rubbed the temple on the ruined side of his face. Why did I agree to do this?I don?t do the whole ?inter-personal? stuff?

?You say you?ll keep your word, do what your told, what have you?but what happens if and when something comes up that isn?t in the best interest of Mister Solomon Thorn? How can I trust you to watch my back, or the backs of anyone else on this team, if I can?t be one hundred percent certain that you?ll still be there? You say Luke is ?worth it?? How do you know he?ll feel the same if you won?t let him get that close? And he will...eventually??

?I?m not as old as you might think, what with me being a vampire. I was born in 1921 in a little place not far from Kyiv. My mother and older brother died in the ?30s, mass starvation caused by the Soviets in an attempt to get rid of the ?undesirables?.? He spat, taking a long drag. ?I went to work in a factory, and my father?he drank. He wasn?t abusive?he just wasn?t there; losing my mother and brother broke him, the only time he crawled out of the bottle was if it was empty, and even then only for long enough for him to crawl into a new one. I didn?t know what else to do, so I worked, I made sure we had a place to live, food to eat?but then the war came and an artillery shell hit our apartment building. Killed him and pretty much everyone else inside; I was working at the time.?

?From there I joined the UIA and fought both sides. I learned to only rely on myself because they?d either let you down when you needed their strength, or they?d die on you. I got turned in ?47?saved my life, but it wasn?t until the ?60s I started to trust?only to have that literally stab me in the back, but by then I had people to stop me from falling into my old ways.? He realized he?d finished his latest cigarette, and lit another one. ?Trust isn?t easily learned after something like that, I can guess even less so when it was broken on a much more personal level?but for your own sake, and the sake of those you care about, it?s worth trying.? Shifting in his seat, he leant forward and offered his baseball mitt of a hand to Sol. ?The objective part of me says you are too much of a risk and I should send you on your way, but instead, I?m going to trust you on your word; and I hope that in time you?ll be able to trust me and those closest to you that we won?t abandon you if you need us.?

Yvette

?Finally?? She sighed, slumping against the couch as she finished the last of her Magical Theory work. She?d gotten her Alchemy paper done as well, so now all she had left was the Enchanting?and that made her feel like she wanted to hit something. ?Fuck that.?

Flaking out on the couch, she booted up her laptop and began to idly cruise around online, diving into the time-sink that was Pintrest.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"You say you'll keep your word, do what your told, what have you...but what happens if and when something comes up that isn't in the best interest of Mister Solomon Thorn? How can I trust you to watch my back, or the backs of anyone else on this team, if I can't be one hundred percent certain that you'll still be there? You say Luke is 'worth it'? How do you know he'll feel the same if you won't let him get that close? And he will...eventually..."

"I know, I know. But I can't do anything about that." He pulled a bit of his hair. "It's not that easy."

"I'm not as old as you might think, what with me being a vampire. I was born in 1921 in a little place not far from Kyiv. My mother and older brother died in the '30s, mass starvation caused by the Soviets in an attempt to get rid of the 'undesirables'." He spat, taking a long drag. "I went to work in a factory, and my father...he drank. He wasn't abusive...he just wasn't there; losing my mother and brother broke him, the only time he crawled out of the bottle was if it was empty, and even then only for long enough for him to crawl into a new one. I didn't know what else to do, so I worked, I made sure we had a place to live, food to eat...but then the war came and an artillery shell hit our apartment building. Killed him and pretty much everyone else inside; I was working at the time."

"From there I joined the UIA and fought both sides. I learned to only rely on myself because they'd either let you down when you needed their strength, or they'd die on you. I got turned in '47...saved my life, but it wasn't until the '60s I started to trust...only to have that literally stab me in the back, but by then I had people to stop me from falling into my old ways. Trust isn't easily learned after something like that, I can guess even less so when it was broken on a much more personal level...but for your own sake, and the sake of those you care about, it's worth trying."

"The objective part of me says you are too much of a risk and I should send you on your way, but instead, I'm going to trust you on your word; and I hope that in time you'll be able to trust me and those closest to you that we won't abandon you if you need us."

Uhm. That's a lot to process.

A little more than he felt like doing right now.

Sol looked at Vik's hand, a thousand thoughts going through his mind. However, he pushed them aside, and took Vik's hand. "Yeah. I hope so too. Anyhow, what should I say... Oh, I know. I solemnly swear that I'm not up to no good. Which means I'll be a good boy and protect the students here. I mean, sure, I need to protect myself, but many of my teammates are not especially trained newbies. Don't underestimate my ability to care about others, and don't underestimate my ability to act. I'm not a coward, I've risked my life for money countless times before, and I've risked my life for other people, why do you think this one is different? You can trust me to do my job." He quickly withdrew his hand, perhaps a bit too quickly, and smiled apologetically, before leaning backwards.

"And I'm sorry for what happened to you. That's all I can say, really. I mean, I'd offer you a shoulder to cry on, but you don't seem like the type. Still, if you're actually looking for a shoulder at some point, remember that mine is almost the same height as yours."

He patted his own shoulder.

"Anyhow, it's been nice, but I think I should go." He stood up and headed for the door. "Unless there's something else?" he said, voice sounding hopeful, though what he hoped for was being able to leave quickly, not a longer conversation.

But this is a little odd, isn't it?

If Vik was seriously still considering Sol the issue, he was looking in the entirely wrong place, wasn't he?

"Actually, Vik, look. Am I really on the top of your list of problems within the team? Because if so, you need to stop thinking about me and start examining how the group is as a whole. You either need to step down from the role as "boss" and become the leader, or you need to appoint one. Because even I can see that all we have now is a mess. And that's not my fault. I really like the others, they're nice kids and demons and angels and all that. But, in my professional opinion, our teamwork is not working, and no physical training is going to fix that. You're asking me to rely on people where some of them don't even trust themselves."

He put his hat on and fixed it as he walked backwards through the open door. "But that's just my professional opinion as an experienced hunter and master thief, you can feel free to ignore it." Sol gave Vik a chance to reply, but he was clearly heading out.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Um..Sierra...do you think..I was exposed to a high amount of Aether?" William asked after hearing Sierra explanation on what she'd done to her self. "Maybe, it's more complicated then I make it sound. The only way I could tell for sure is if I had the details of how you got your powers, them compare that to what I know."

and almost as if on que, Daniel stepped in with some of those 'more complicated details'
"Though I'm sure you took such measures into account with your own infusion, after all, you're still standing."

"Not really, but I did use the notes Lady Riviera had on the subject to get a rough idea what I'd need to do to 'not die'. But the list of things to take into account for is ridiculous for something who's result is going to be pretty much random no matter what you do." Sierra then stretched a little "But for now, I think back to the dorm would be best, partly cause some one else is gonna wanna use the room, and partly, I need a nap." and with that, Sierra made her way back to the dorm, intent on sleeping for a bit before some one tried to make her do things.

When she got there she found some one she didn't know on the couch. "You must be Yvette." she said, looking slightly more tired then before. "I'm Sierra, Viktor has probably complained about me, or more likely said nothing, ether way, 'hi'." she said, yawning a bit. "Sorry. Anyway, we can have a proper introduction later, right now I need sleep." she said, and wandered off back to her room and crashed out completely.

Not 10 minutes later, a message came through every ones phone from Seth saying there was to be a second team meeting in an hour and that all members where to meet, which in this case was the dorm they all shared.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
In the time it took Mirabelle to decide what things to say about Yvette and if it was her place to tell Sierra what she was...Daniel flat out told her who Yvette was and what she was. She wondered if that was the right call to make, telling Sierra about Yvette's nature, though all things considered Sierra probably didn't care too much, so all in all, she decided to drop it. After that Sierra left, running off to go to sleep. Mira was a bit suprised about that since the presentation didn't seem that exausting...before she realized that her friend had most likely spent hours going over the information, trying to decide what to put in and what was worth talking about. With all that in mind, maybe it was best to table her critique of it indefinently...or at least until the next time she had to present.

With that done, she couldn't help but begin contemplating Will's question to her. She found herself realizing that she had never given thought as to how Will's powers came about and how they worked. Of course. If they were aether connected or not was probably easy enough to solve. Assuming that they were somehow aether connected, in theory his abilities would have been super boosted just like those who used aether so they just had to see i he remembered them being enhanced. Of course, that was two months ago during a very intense situation...the likelihood of him remembering was most likely near zero. Not to mention the effect the medallion would have had on his abilities in that time. All in all...they would probably have to try to replicate the effects of the demon realm in order to test properly. Well...maybe she could ask Daniel about trying such a thing later...with Will's premission of course. After all, the reason she was even thinking about it was for him, so that he could get an answer on that if he really wanted it.

But that could wait til tomorrow. Right now, she figured that they had all had enough to mull over for tonight and with that she bid Daniel, Will, an Juliet adu, heading back to their common room and waiting wth Yvette until the meeting.