Gato Community College. (game thread)

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"We're really just waiting on the equipment to be finished, and we aren't going to mobilize till all our people are covered. No ETA just yet, I had to pull some of my people in to speed things up since the original ETA for completion was 3 weeks, but rough guess? 3 days. I'll be confirming that, after this, and I'll fire off a group wide message when I know for certain."

Sol felt both happy about it not being instantly, and a little worried about the agent who had to wait for being picked up. 3 days was a lot of time, especially if there really was a reason to get out of there.

It's not really my job to worry about that, though. I can't make it happen any quicker.

Still, he was relieved he would be able to spend some time with Luke after they'd made up, but he wasn't going to feel happy about it.

"One final thing. Try to not destroy the any Intel sources like computers and what have you, there might be valuable info tucked away in them. If there's nothing else, the meeting is officially over, I'll leave you all to prepare, and do remember to remind Sierra about qualifying for field work."

With a nod, Sol sort of gave a reply before he checked his phone. It was almost eight PM, it wouldn't be too long till Luke came over. He was really good at getting there at the exact correct time, though the only thing he replied when Sol asked him about it, was that he simply knew how long it would take to walk over, as if that was an acceptable answer.

Hopefully this place's cleared up a bit by then.

They were going to take it in his room, but still. Sol hoped he wouldn't have to whisper. Looking towards the others, most of them seemed to be engaging with each other, and he didn't exactly want to interrupt anyone, besides, he had something to talk to Juliet about, and she seemed to be on her own at the moment.

"Hi, Juliet," He said, and approached her. "Seems we've got a trouble some case here, but if you don't mind... I have something to talk to you about, regarding the whole group thing. Can we take this outside?" He pointed at the door. "I'd rather discuss this without prying ears." His expression was rather neutral, since he wasn't technically going behind Vik's back in trying to get Juliet interested, and perhaps finding a natural leader for them. Yet he sort of was.

But I am doing it for the common good of the group.

If that wasn't being a team-player, then Sol was going to give up this whole team thing.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"I'd rather discuss this without prying ears."

"Well you've piqued my interest," Juliet said, beginning to walk towards the door "can't wait to hear what this is all about."

The group huh? She had noticed Sol's objection to the youth of the agent they were rescuing, it certainly didn't bother her but she understood how humans valued young blood highly. Certainly there was something to be said about the vigor of youth, the next generation and all that, but what purpose was someone talented if you didn't use them?

Somehow she doubted this was about that though, the mention of the group got her thinking that Sol had learned something about a group member (or members) that he didn't approve of.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Seth snickered at first about Viktor's 'standards', though the 'un-throned one' comment visibly irritated him. "Since I'm pulling people in to speed this up." Seth said, reaching into his jacket, pulling out a folded piece of paper. "I have some targets that need hitting, targets I'm sure you and your kinsmen will likely be very interested in dealing with your selves." Seth said with a smirk. The paper had some locations in Japan a long with a Japanese phone number.

"I've already had the contact told to be expecting some one from your clan to contact them, and you'll want to for the intel on those sites." Seth said putting his hands in his coat pockets.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Well you've piqued my interest, can't wait to hear what this is all about."

"It's nothing super exciting," Sol admitted once they had gotten outside and a little aside, a sheepish grin on his face. "I just don't want Vik to think I'm plotting against him. Because I'm not, it's just an observation. Or a few of them. And what could be a solution." He looked at Juliet, his green eyes seeming to glimmer with a mischievous cunning, as he thought of how to tell her without making it sound like he was telling her just so that Vik would get off his case. Because he wasn't, but it could seem suspicious. He held up his right hand, and put down every finger but his index finger.

"One, I've seen you like to skip training sessions. And believe me, I've done the same, and I get it. It's dull, and it feels like it's not going to end up in something. You've felt it too, right? It's just plain uninteresting, and it feels like there's so much more that's actually interesting to do." Sol didn't mention that he also felt that it was a bit basic for someone who was used to training on their own. Him scaling the school buildings was far better exercise than a punch of push ups. He held up another finger.

"Two, Vik's guidance simply isn't cutting it. He seems overworked. Now, he's done an okay job as a trainer, I know some of the others have benefited a lot from it. But some people, you me... certain others," he thought of Will, but also Yvette, given her reaction to the mission. Actually, thinking about it, there were some more people that certainly needed a talking to too. "Need something else than that. Sure, it's probably helped us as well, but we need something more challenging, and they need something to help them deal with their issues. And he won't, or can't, deal with that, because he can't stretch that thin." He held up a third finger.

"Three, our team isn't much of a team. If this was about us doing jobs together, then fine, I'm a professional and you're clearly not inexperienced either. Daniel seems to have danced this dance before as well, and Vik's certainly not some greenie. We can work with people on a professional basis. However, Vik has hammered into me that he wants more than that, he wants us to be able to rely on each other, really do so. And our team really isn't enough of a team to do that, we're not close enough to have that kind of trust. It's not going to cut it." He held up four fingers.

"Four, our missions can come at any time, just like now. And we're not ready, not if we're going to work as a team. And that's dangerous, we're dangerously unprepared for team work." He held all five fingers out.

"Five, despite our troubles, we do actually have someone with leader abilities in the group. Someone who could handle everyone, who has an apt social ability, that pays attention to people, and who can get everyone in the same room to actually bond. Someone that's clever, charismatic, experienced, someone that I'm sure would do well being in charge, but also knows to take care of themselves well enough not to get taken in by the pressure. Someone a tiny bit ambitious, and certainly not a push-over. According to the impressions I've gotten, of course." He winked playfully to show that he meant no offence.

"So, how about it Juliet? Wanna be the actual group leader? Or second in command, depending on how you'd like to put it. We'd have to convince Vik, of course, but he's stubborn, not an immovable mountain. It is, after all, for the benefit of the group. And I'm sure it'll be more fun than running around in circles and learning how to talk into those walkie-talkies without making a fool of oneself." He put his hand down.

"Also, don't worry if you don't want to do it, it's just a suggestion. I just thought I should mention it to you, since, well, it'd be a waste if I didn't right?" He looked at Juliet, head tilted and an expression on his face that said "I'm just innocently suggesting this".

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Also, don't worry if you don't want to do it, it's just a suggestion. I just thought I should mention it to you, since, well, it'd be a waste if I didn't right?"

"Well I certainly would like more of a say in how things are run around here," Juliet said thoughtfully, smiling at the flattery "and like you say I don't think anyone else on the team is really suited for leadership."

Obviously she was always happy to take a position of authority, though she imagined Vik would have objections. Still if Sol was willing to get behind her on this it might be possible to force his hand. Besides the team was rather poorly organized, and Vik's heavy handed leadership was certainly not as productive an approach as it might be in a more disciplined outfit.

"Well I think you've convinced me," she smirked "I don't suppose you have any plans to suggest for how to make this happen? Vik can be a stubborn ass you know."

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Tomas

Tomas nodded at first as she talked to him about her plans. Though stop and did a double take when she got quiet and asked him to hit her. He played back what she said, thinking she might have misspoken or he misheard. Though every time he tried to think of another word to be used in that sentence, nothing fit.

"Mira..mind repeating what you just said? Cause I think I misheard you.." Tomas said, worried a bit as he looked towards the group and then back at her.

William

Listening to both, William thoughts from before were correct and Yvette seem to be worried or how she puts it, 'pants shitting-ly terrified freak-out'. Though he couldn't blame her or even speak ill about it. Not that he would, but he was in the same spot as she was. "Well.." William started out, while he wasn't terrified as he used to be, he still was worried of things going wrong. Either from his own mistakes or others, but he couldn't say anything like that to Yvette and make her more scared.

"While it's not like the mission where we had to invade a demonic fortress to stop Lucifer from coming back..and failing that and then having to have the other Demon lords to fight him before he became unstoppable..We probably shouldn't expect a cake walk of this mission either. Though we have a good amount of powerful people on our side so I'm sure everything will be fine. Plus Yvette, from our earlier sparing matches you are getting better." William said, trying to cheer her up somewhat. He never really had experience on this side of the pep talk.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

Viktor couldn?t help buy smirk a little bit, at Seth?s annoyance over what he?d lost. He?s still sore about that? Considering how things are going for him generally, I?d?ve thought he?d consider himself to have beaten Mammon. Demons and their pride I guess.

"I have some targets that need hitting, targets I'm sure you and your kinsmen will likely be very interested in dealing with your selves. I've already had the contact told to be expecting some one from your clan to contact them, and you'll want to for the intel on those sites."

He took the paper with a nod of thanks, and opened it, quickly scanning the text. What?s the catch? He thought as he tucked the sheet away. Seth never offered information freely; sure he was getting Yurchenko assets to sweep these targets, but he could?ve easily handled that with his own people if he?d wanted to?no, this was a chit, a favour owed. Damn that snake?

Yvette

She stared at Will for a moment or two, with a slightly stunned look on her face. ?Really? . . . damn. . .? She?d heard, from some of the other students in her classes that Gungir had gotten into some exiting stuff but she?d neglected to actually read up on the details. ?Well you seem to come out of it okay.? She said, smiling slightly. ?I-I guess that sort of puts my worries into perspective.?

Yvette stared off into space for a moment, gathering her thoughts, before letting out a small sigh and turning to flash an uneasy smile at Daniel and Will. ?Well, you?ve both given me somethings to think about, thank you?I-I think I just need to get everything sorted out in my head?excuse me.? With that, she left the duo and went to find a quiet place for her to sit and think.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Well I think you've convinced me. I don't suppose you have any plans to suggest for how to make this happen? Vik can be a stubborn ass you know."

"Actually, I did," Sol said, then scratched his stubbles. "With emphasis on did, that is. I figure, the best way would be for you to come to all the sessions, and show that you actually can do everything Vik tells you to, and more. But now there's a mission first, so that's going to be sort of difficult..." he trailed off, pushing his hat back and forth a bit absentmindedly as he thought it through.

"Doesn't mean there's not a lot for you to do now. Vik's probably going to be busy dealing with his own stuff, so you could use the absence to take a bit of charge, perhaps invite people out for a meal or something to do in order to relax a bit while you subtly prepare them for the mission. You could go see if Sierra's up, have a chat with her about what she needs to hear, and then listen to what she's been doing while she's been away, she'd probably appreciate someone taking the time out of their day to actually hear her out. Not about the technical stuff, or about her powers and changed appearance, but how she's been, and if there's anything she wants to get updated on."

He examined Juliet, wondering if she and Sierra got along now. Sierra had been gone for a lot of time. Without lingering on it, he continued.

"I mean, there's more stuff. You could help people out with preparing for the mission, you could be preparing in a manner that shows you're considering everyone, like asking them if they can do a certain thing, or if they have an idea for how we could proceed at a certain point. You know. Leader stuff, caring about everyone, relying on them a bit, but most of all, show them that you're reliable. Volunteer to help out, or show people that you know how to organise people. I don't know if you think that's fun or not, but you need to build some trust before you try to actually convince Vik. And I'll help you out, though, not all the time, I have a certain someone I need to tend to. Affectionately."

Sol winked slyly, he doubted she'd have any trouble figure out what he meant. Then he shrugged. "Apart from that, I dunno. There's a reason I'm not trying to be the leader myself. Well, there's a multitude of reasons, but the main one is that don't have any talent for that kind of thing. I'm not too bad at planning, but I'm not a leader. And I don't think you should overturn Vik either, just, he doesn't seem to be much of a social centre, and, well, you know."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Mira..mind repeating what you just said? Cause I think I misheard you.."

Mirabelle blinked for a second, going over what she had said and trying to figure out what Tomas could have been confused by. It hit her a moment later what he was befuddled by, causing her to inwardly lament at how randomly and strongly she had thrown that out. Of course he would be hesitant to attack another teammate, heck, she acted the same way with Lenah. Still, she did own him an explanation for that...plus, it gave her the chance to potentially salvage the situation. Collecting her thoughts and figuring out just what to tell Tomas, she finally opened her mouth again and spoke in a low voice.

"Well...i can see how you would think that with such an odd request but i'm afraid that it's exactly what you heard. I apologize but i do need you to hit me." She waited a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "To be fair, there is a good reason for it. You see, back before we stormed the demon realm...actually it was before we raided those build...ok, lets just sum it up and say it was before Sierra got injured. Anyways, during those screenings we went through with Seth, i had mentioned my...inherent fragility to bludgeoning and blunt force in general. Well, he suggested that i talk to Lenah or Sierra about getting some temporary defence set up. Of course, since i had known Sierra longer, i went to her and asked about some temporary enchanting options and, with the help of a mutual teacher since Alchemy and Enchanting don't mix very well, she ended up being successful in that goal...you know...outside of a few training moments, it really hasn't proven that useful outside of protecting from walls. Anyways, i digress. The thing is, we didn't have a set time on when it would wear off, with only the estimation of "a few months" to really set a general time. Now it's been a couple of months to a few months, depending on how you see it, and suddenly we're given a...okay presentation that basically details that anything that uses Aether is...well, Screwed. Even Enchantments. Suddenly i realize that not only has Seth's suggestiin really not helped me, it's actually turned into a detriment since, from what i understand, i'm now a living bomb, with one of those bullets being the blasting cap to set me off. Fortunately this is only true if the enchantments are still on me. Unfortunately I don't know if they're still working or not, hence why I need you to hit me. It's a test for the teams own good really, though i will admit that i don't exactly find it ideal to explode either so it's mainly for my own wellbeing too. Also, we can wait until later to do it, you don't need to do it now, in front of everyone else."

With that, she stopped again and waited to see what he would say.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"I'll let you get to it, I need to go confirm everything is still on track." Seth said, then left the room to go confirm things. Though once he was in the hall he snickered to him self a bit, Viktor was going to be paranoid about a 'favor owed' that didn't exist, and for the sake of his own amusement, he wasn't gonna try and change that.

mean while.....

Sierra started to stir, then yawned, tried to stretch, only to find she couldn't. Coming around a bit more she realized she was hunched over the end of the bed, apparently not fully making it onto the bed. As she came around a bit more she noticed 'her room' was rather mess for her not having been there for two months, and the decorations where different.

The the switch flipped. She's not in 'her room'.

Sierra stood up, stretch proper, popped a few things, then stepped out of the room, looked around looked at the hall. Confirming she'd gone into the right the door. "Right, two months, new person." she said to her self, then just turned and headed into the main room where Seth was just leaving, Will and Daniel where talking to the new girl, Tomas and Mirabelle where talking and Viktor was still standing around.

"What I miss." She asked Viktor.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Apart from that, I dunno. There's a reason I'm not trying to be the leader myself. Well, there's a multitude of reasons, but the main one is that don't have any talent for that kind of thing. I'm not too bad at planning, but I'm not a leader. And I don't think you should overturn Vik either, just, he doesn't seem to be much of a social centre, and, well, you know."

"Some very interesting suggestions," Juliet said, smiling to herself "I suppose I should make some time to talk to Sierra, she's been through some changes recently after all."

Plus she's never liked Vik much. Of course that thought was currently taking a backseat to her being impressed at how much of a schemer Sol was being. She had to admit she'd underestimated him, and perhaps she should have come to his conclusions herself a while ago but then being able to directly step up and take charge was relatively new to her.

"Don't think I can't tell that you're trying to get me to show up more," she said "most of this training doesn't do anything for me, but you're right in that I should remind people that I'm always around to talk to."

She smiled "Anyways have fun with your boyfriend."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Some very interesting suggestions. I suppose I should make some time to talk to Sierra, she's been through some changes recently after all."

"That's one way to put it," Sol said without any trace of mockery. "I'd talk to her myself to make sure she's fine, but I'm fairly sure I'd just get bored when she started talking about the politics part, and I really don't want to pretend I'm interested. Besides, you're gonna be the leader, so it's better if you do it."

"Don't think I can't tell that you're trying to get me to show up more, most of this training doesn't do anything for me, but you're right in that I should remind people that I'm always around to talk to. Anyways have fun with your boyfriend."

Sol shrugged, he had sort of expected Juliet to figure it out, but the way she put it made him sound manipulative. He didn't like that, he wasn't manipulative. He was doing this for the team.

And a little for myself. But it's mainly the team.

"I am going to have an interesting time with Luke at least. Whether or not it's fun will depend on some things. And, for the record;" He crossed his arms. "I said I understand you in not wanting to go. But we can't have a leader who's "slacking off", at least from other people's perspective. It's sweet that you think I'm that cunning, but I'm totally not. Not sure how I feel about you thinking I'm manipulative enough to use leadership as a carrot to make you do as Vik says, but I can see how it could be mistaken for such a plot."

His calm, almost defensive tone was betrayed by an amused and playful glint in his eyes, easily mistaken for the usual look in his eyes if one weren't looking. He smiled warmly. "Thank you for listening to me though. I'm sure we can make a difference, and then this team can finally be an actual team. Let me know if you need help with anything, and I'll see you around," he said, and went over to the main entrance with a bit of hurry. Sol wanted to be there when Luke got to the door, so that the blonde wouldn't have to worry about Sol losing his nerve. He stepped back and forth, checking his phone. Only one minute now, Luke would surely...

"Hi. Am I early?"

In front of him stood Luke, backpack with the laptop on his back and snacks and drinks in his arms. Sol looked down at his phone, it had just turned to the new hour. "Welcome, and no, you're just in time," he said and led the other past the others in the common room and into his own room, giving a nervous nod to Vik as they passed him. It was both as a thank you for the advice from earlier, and a "I'm so fucking nervous". And a tiny bit of "I'm totally not making plans behind your back".

Well, this is it.

He thought, and muttered to himself.

"Showtime."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

He was still trying to figure out what the hell Seth?s game was, when a familiar voice sounded behind him.

"What?d I miss?"

?Just our ?favorite? over-sized belt just letting us know we?re about to finally do something productive against Regalia; that and apparently there?s a mole in there that wants out, so we?re getting him as well.? He said, spitting out the name ?Regalia? like a curse. ?Oh and he said to remind you about qualifying for field work.? Without really realizing it, he looked back at the paper Seth had handed him as it crinkled in his hand.

One thing any vampire that has to interact with the rest of the world, and remain sane, is to learn how to not hear things; otherwise the noise just gets to be too much. As a result of that, and that his ?bad? side was towards the door, as a result he didn?t realize Solomon and Luke were there until he caught a whiff of the lycan. Turning to see the pair heading towards Sol?s room, he smiled. Hopefully Sol?s going to take my advice? He shook his head slightly and chuckled to himself at the absurdity of it all.

Yvette

Leaving the common room she wandered the campus, William and Daniel?s words playing through her head. They were both right, under Karis? battering, she was getting better, and she had joined up to help stop those people?Fucking nerves. It seemed so much easier when the thought of having to actually fight someone was at best theoretical. Movement out of the corner of her eye broke her concentration as she saw the only nice werewolf moving briskly towards the Gungir building. What?s his name again? Lance? No..Luke! Yeah, that?s it. She?d never really spoken to him, but out of all the Beta House pack she?d encountered at any point, he was the only one that wasn?t a tool.

Distracted as she was, she wasn?t paying close enough attention when she walked around the corner of a building, and into half a dozen other members of Beta House. She let out a small ?oof?, while a fellow almost as tall as her snarled. ?Watch where the fuck you?re going!? ?Sorry, sorry?? She replied, stepping back. She tried to step around the group, but one of the guys blocked her way.

?C?mon, you can do better than that.? He said in a voice that made Yvette?s skin crawl. Most of the group chuckled, but one guy at the back looked fairly nervous. ?Hey, just leave it Mike.? The nervous one said. ?I know she?s in Gungir?? That made the rest of the group stop and begin to look as nervous. ?Fuck those wannabe pigs.? The leader ?Mike? spat. ?I ain?t scared of them; they talk a lot but they?ve never done shit.?

While they bickered, Yvette had been inching away, trying to open as much space as she could, but at the general reaction to the mention of ?Gungir? she smiled to herself as she was reminded of some stuff she?d been told about the organization from before she?d returned to the school. ?Sierra is back.? She said softly, with a hint of a smile. All the bickering stopped, and the group went pale, Mike most of all. ?B-bullshit.? Mike said, shaking slightly. ?I-I told you, Dave said he saw her.? One of the others said, as Yvette nodded. Panic was clear in Mike?s eyes as he waved for the group to disperse. Before running off, he looked at Yvette once more. ?You never saw us, we were never here.? Not likely A bit put off by the encounter, she decided to go back to Gungir.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Tomas

Tomas listened to Mira as she explained why she wanted him to hit her. Though at her pace of explaining, he felt like he was getting a headache. Not being annoyed by her, but all the information being processed of her reasonings. Though at the end, he sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"While I am against this..I'll help out. Though later and...not in front of anyone." Tomas said as he looked at the others and then back at her. "Just, figure out when and where you want to do this and I'll do it. Send me a text" He said as he then starts to walk off. "I'm going to train a bit. If you need me for anything else, just reach me there or call me." He waved as he started to head to the gym.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Just our 'favorite' over-sized belt just letting us know we're about to finally do something productive against Regalia; that and apparently there's a mole in there that wants out, so we're getting him as well, Oh and he said to remind you about qualifying for field work."

Sierra just sighed, "He does know I didn't come back just to get throw into the line of fire right? Or does the admin really think I'm 'done' working for Lady Riviera? Well, what ever, I've been slacking of on my work out anyway." she grumbled a bit, as well as crossed her arms. "So whats this about a 'mole'?" She the asked, her tone carrying no small hint of 'really? we have a spy? us? ok then ...'

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol had decided to talk instantly, it was better to get it over with than dwell on it, lest he might end up thinking too much about it. He thought of what Vik had said too, he really needed to say it. He owed Luke to say it. Besides, it could've been worse. He could've been a serial killer, or a drug dealer, or some sort of person who did human trading. Compared to that, a thief was, well, pathetic.

God, please make it so that he doesn't pity me either.

How God would do that was beyond Sol, but who knew, God worked in mysterious ways and all that. He got into the large bed and pushed himself back towards the wall. Then he told Luke to sit in the other corner of the bed, on the edge. Luke's blue eyes, so damned intelligent and understanding, seemed to be bury their way into his head, and Sol reached for his hat and pushed it over his eyes. Luke could still see him, but he couldn't see Luke, not when he focused on the wide brim of the cowboy hat.

"We can watch some episodes later, if you still want to hang out with me, but I'll talk now. Please don't talk till I'm done, and please don't leave halfway, okay?"

"I won't."

Sol breathed in. He had already decided how to start it, and when to end it. However, it was all the things in-between that gave him difficulties. Even so, he spoke, it was better to just get it over with.

"We never really had a lot. My family, that is. It was me, Sam, mom and dad. We lived in a small apartment, my mom was a kindergarten teacher and worked as a social worker as a part-time job. My dad was a hairdresser and a barber. He had his own shop, but it was a poor area, so he didn't earn a whole lot. We never starved, but the end of most months were spent eating discount packs of mac and cheese, holding on until the next pay came, and most of my clothes were hand-me-downs or bought used. But we were happy, you know. A close family. I was 12 when we found out about my mother's bone marrow cancer. In the beginning, I didn't really get how serious it was. It was cancer, but the doctors spoke so optimistically, talked about a high chance of survival, and her being healthy. Suddenly, it wasn't like that anymore, suddenly it was obvious that we didn't have the resources to help her, and that her condition got a lot worse.

My family was falling apart at that point. My father didn't deal with the grief or guilt over not having the resources very well, while Sam got involved gangs and bad people. He started staying out all night and returning the next day, as angry when he arrived as he had been when he left. Full of bruises, of course, he was mostly fighting. Him and my dad would argue loudly. I mostly cried, but never where anyone could see it. I would hide in my room and, just, cry, for hours almost every day. I cried so much that when my mother died, I couldn't cry anymore, and I couldn't bring myself to cry at her funeral. In some ways, I was relieved when she died, because her condition was extremely painful, and it was terrible watching her grow weaker, slowly dying with no miracle to save her. After her death, my dad had to deal with the hospital costs. We sold our apartment and moved into a smaller, even shittier one. We sold most of my stuff too, Sam's stuff, dad's shop, only thing we kept was the TV and my mother's stuff. My mother's stuff that none of us could use anyways. It was the first sign of that dad wouldn't be able to tend to us."

Sol took his hat off, eyes still kept on it, and started moving it around in his hands, flipping it back and forth.

"What followed was the worst period of my life. I Was 14 years old, and I'd just lost my mother. Dad started drinking, or, no, he'd already been drinking a lot, but after mom died, he started drinking all the time. We had some social benefits or something due to our situation, and most of it was spent on alcohol. Sam basically moved out to live on the streets, and I was left with dad. He wasn't a violent drunk, he never touched me, but he'd still abuse me, neglect and psychological abuse, I'd call it. I had no emotional or physical support. I had to scrape money together from what I could take without dad noticing, to have some food. A lot of the time the only meal I had during the day was the lunch I got at school. Weekends were terrible, I usually managed to hide away enough money to get something small, but it was just that terrible mac and cheese. At first, I'd go home with my friends and smile and pretend everything was fine. Escape reality for a little while, and even stay over and get some decent meals. But I didn't really feel at ease at school anymore, and I think people noticed, because they distanced themselves from me. My grades went to hell, I'd been one of the better students at the school, and suddenly I was failing everything. Some months in, Sam noticed that I didn't eat well, so he started coming over during the weekends, always when dad was passed out or out buying more booze, and even taking me out to eat at some cheap restaurants. He wanted me to stay at home though, to at least wait till I was done with high school.

He changed his mind when he stayed a little too long, six months in, and heard how my dad talked to me, about how I was a monster because I didn't cry during my mom's funeral, how I was a spoiled little brat who tried to spend his money on crap. He said a lot, a lot of it while yelling, but I didn't really react to it, because I knew that a couple of hours later he'd mutter an apology or start crying or something, and this had become the norm for me. Still, I didn't hesitate to go with Sam when he asked if I wanted to stay where he was staying. It was somewhere I would get food several times a day and where he'd kick the ass of anyone who even tried looking at me wrong. I left home that same day, I brought a pillow, a blanket, and my clothes. Sam asked me if I wanted to bring my school-stuff, but I refused, I was done with that, I was failing everything either way, and besides, if I kept going to school, my dad could find me. Looking back at it, I'm not even sure he tried to look, at least during following month."

Sol took a brief moment to distance himself from the feelings back then, and then spoke again, a little quicker as if to make it pass quicker.

"My brother and I became part of a gang of teens that lived in an abandoned warehouse. I was the youngest one there, but by the time I was taken there, Sam had already managed to make quite the position for himself, so no one messed with me. A lot of the others were terrified of him, and I get why, he was terrifying when he got angry. Still is, though he is a lot calmer now. Happier. I don't know what to say about living on the streets. I was with them for two years, and we mostly picked people's pockets and drank. Some got high instead, Sam did, on a lot of stuff, how he managed to stave of an actual addiction is beyond me. He didn't touch alcohol, and got furious with me when I got too drunk, because of dad. We disagreed on that bit, I felt like it was because he used alcohol as a way to bury his sad emotions, thus me drinking when I was happy wasn't that bad, while Sam meant it was the alcohol itself. I still don't drink when I'm sad or angry or anything like that. Only to celebrate, make it something good. But, you know. I used to drink a lot more than I do now, and I don't think it was healthy, no matter the intention.

Sam might have been right, but his way of showing it was terrible. Sometimes, when he was high on something strong or in a bad mood, he'd pin me to the wall and scream at me. I'd yell back, as angry as him, and we'd continue until one of us broke down and started crying, or, in my cause, whimpering. One time he almost broke my arm, he'll never let himself forget that. I think that might be why he started cutting down on drugs as well, I don't know, I left about a week later so I never saw the effect for myself. Even so, when we weren't fighting, we were protecting each other, trying to keep some sort of resemblance of brotherhood. We left on good enough terms, even if he scared me when he got violent. I mean, he was just a teen as well, and, well, it was too much for both of us. He's done an amazing job to pull himself together, so much it feels unfair."

Sol bit his tongue, he was getting off track and there were still more things.

"Of course, my time living on the streets changed me in some ways. There was someone closer to my age there, a boy that had been thrown out of his house because of his sexuality. We got along well enough, there never was any love, no crush, but we were attracted to each other, and fooling around was a good way to pass the time. When you live in a small abandoned warehouse, don't have school or a job or anything, it doesn't matter how much time you spend stealing stuff. You can't do it too often, and you end up with a lot of free time. He didn't do a lot of stealing either, thought it was beneath him, so he spent most of his time smoking weed when I wasn't around. When I was around... well, we did do talk a lot too, but I had a high sex-drive, so that was one of my favorite things to do. Apart from drinking and climbing, of course. I don't know how Sam felt about it, I got the feeling he couldn't really tell me off either way. This friend of mine, he mostly went along with my whims, sometimes initiating it himself, but mostly just following my lead. He could be rather passive, so he wasn't a very exciting person. I still felt sad when he suddenly up and left though, apparently his aunt and uncle wanted to take him in, and they had a lot of money. He didn't even ask if I wanted to go along with him, but I think that's because he felt like he was better than me, that he was just in an unfortunate situation, while I liked stealing and drinking and all that. In that regard, he was a fucking prick."

He chuckled, bitterly, almost looking over at Luke. However, he was afraid of seeing the other's expression, and just decided to keep going.

"Other than that, I spent the time trying to be somewhat presentable. I got a membership at a gym so I'd have access to a shower, but it became more than that. Remember that gym I took you to in LA to go rock-climbing? That place was my second home for two years. I think they might've known I was paying for the membership with stolen money, they at the very least knew I was homeless, because I went into the shower before going to the gym, and then afterwards. But the manager of the place treated me well, after a few months I got a "superb membership locker", which just happened to have access to soap and shampoo, as well as as a tovel, and it just happened to get replaced every now and then. I think my interest in climbing, despite my situation, might have gained me some respect. Or they just liked me. Still, it wasn't enough to deter me from the path of becoming a thief, a real one. At some point during the years after my mother's diagnosis, I stopped feeling as if I had much of a choice. By the time I was living on the streets, becoming a criminal felt like the only thing I could do. I don't know how to explain it, it felt like this suffocating feeling of needing to get out of the situation, to do more than just simply survive. Stealing stuff from rich people was the answer I came up with.

And I was good, which is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it felt like I had finally found the thing I should do. I was a natural climber already from before I went to the gym, but now I could make it into people's houses by climbing up using their windows and doors. And I had a mind for it, I'd been put in charge of the pick-pocketing once they realized how sly I could be. I learned how to pick a lock and how to disable alarms in mere months, it felt as if I had finally risen to the level of the rich, that I was challenging them. Add some rather big donations to the poor and I felt like a modern Robin Hood. I felt... well, I felt like a master thief, especially as I dove deeper into the underground and started getting people I could contact. Fences, swindlers, other thieves, people who knew how to do this. And I did a lot to make sure they'd not just throw me aside, offering them sexual favours being one of them. And you'd think it'd be ineffectual to offer stuff like that to mostly straight guys, but, well, I became someone more unique in their mind, someone not easily replaced. And a lot of them took me up on the offer too, though it was mostly hand-jobs and oral sex. Besides, I was young, and people found my personality appealing. The better someone likes you, the more likely is it that they'll risk their own skin to help you. But it also reinforced the already strong idea within me that you couldn't trust or rely on anyone. I lived from month to month on the stuff I stole from mansions and expensive apartments, and made sure to always have some degree of luxury myself. I never stole a lot at a time, though. I must've broken into, what, 70 or 80 places during the five years I was active, and I'm certainly not loaded now. In some senses, I still have a lot of pride in regards to what I managed to pull off, but I don't want to, and I don't like how it makes me feel."

He heard Luke shift in the bed and looked over, but only at Luke's lower body, just so that the other wouldn't suddenly leave.

"Anyhow, one day, at age 21, I messed up and got myself nearly killed during a heist. Elizabeth saved my ass and offered me a choice, since my actions had pissed off some slug-mob. I could either leave the country and be safe, or become a hunter and protect myself through strength. I chose the latter, and I don't regret it. She took me under her wing, and for the first time in what felt like forever, there was something else I could be that wouldn't be a criminal or a lowlife, or anything like that. Something heroic and cool even. And I think you know all the other stuff, I've told you so much about my life as a hunter already, since it's the only part of my past I like thinking about." Sol smiled, but put the hat back and turned away from Luke.

"You know, I'm kind of afraid of hearing your impression from that. It might be better if you just leave." He could hear Luke stand up, and was expecting the other to do just that. However, then he felt the bed give in as Luke crawled towards him. The blonde put the thin duvet over Sol's shoulders, covering his body and sat down next to him, their sides touching. He carefully pushed Sol's hat up and put a chips in front of Sol's mouth, holding it there until Sol bit onto it, and then kissing Sol's cheek.

"Thank you, Sol. I'm going to reply with a story of my own. Promise not to interrupt or leave, okay?"

"I'll try," Sol replied, wondering what Luke was getting at, and reached out to get some of the snacks, feeling a little lighter now that everything was said and done. The kiss had certainly helped too. Luke smiled brightly, then looked forwards, towards the wall on the other side of the room.

"You know, I remember, there was this guy I met a while back. It has to be, I dunno, 3 months ago now. I was at a party with my pack, drinking to feel like I fit in and casually hitting on girls I had no interest in, trying to pretend I was straight. Suddenly, a tall guy entered, and I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm not sure if he looked more like a cowboy or a rogue from a fantasy setting, though I settled on cowboy once I heard the American accent, I mean, along with the leather coat, the hat and the scarf, his scruffy looks just seemed like he'd fit right into a western. Anyhow, he was appealing to me, he was handsome, and you know, he was dorky in an awesomely cool way. But even more so, not long after arriving, he already had a crowd around him, people he dodn't know who were drawn towards him despite of how out of place he looked. And as I watched him, our eyes met, he had beautiful green eyes that seemed so full of life, despite also having this calm, comforting feature to him. He was so confident. Before I knew it, we were talking. Only the two of us, in a more quiet part of the dorm we were partying at. He was a hunter, and I was a werewolf, yet he seemed like the most understanding person I'd ever met. I'd been eating chips, similar to these, and at some point, he broke off a piece of the one I had my mouth and put it in his own mouth, his fingers touching my lips as he broke off the piece. His skin was so warm, and it made me feel so hot and tingly inside."

Sol felt himself blush a bit when Luke spoke about his very clear attempt at flirting in such a dreamy manner, but he had promised not to interrupt. Even if this was getting rather cheesy.

"Of course, I assume he knew about my sexual preferences at that point. Before I was sure of it myself, even. Imagine, a guy I'd just met a couple of hours ago could see right through me, and mess with my mind that badly. But even if he did end up jump-kicking the door to my closet open, he did it in such a careful and considerate fashion, it never felt forced or unnatural. Besides, more so than his flirting and attractiveness, what I noticed was how bright he was. Bright and warm, confident and charming. His presence felt like the sun itself. He made me feel so much more at ease with myself, he still does. Eventually, we bonded, we had sex, and then he left his scarf as this gesture to see if I'd return it, making up a silly excuse to meet me again. And by then, I was so taken with him that when I met him the next day, I asked him out. I couldn't help it, my mind kept telling me; "I want to see him, I want to talk to him, and I want to be close to him". Besides, he was really good in bed, even if I didn't really have much of a reference point. I just knew. And then... well, then I got to know him, but moreso, I got a chance to reevaluate myself. He was safe and understanding, and I could show him myself, my real self, with the sci-fi and fantasy and anime and everything. The stuff I hide from the pack because of how "unmanly" and "uncool" it is. I got more confident, even my position in the pack has gotten a lot more secure, simply because people can sense that genuine confidence. I've been more emotional these 3 months than I ever was, the thought of being without him makes me feel sad and empty. He's made me the happiest I've been, and yet the most emotional I've ever felt.

And then, now, he's done something I'll never forget, he, no, you, listened to my selfish request and opened up. And now I can't help but feel like, well, I was wrong, I did know you, Sol. Even if there's details of your past I would never have guessed, I realized that you're still you, and that I almost like you even more. I didn't think you'd be this sensitive either, but I suppose that makes sense, with all that compassion you keep showing, you had to had this soft, squishy marshmallow core,"
He sat up a bit and kissed Sol's lips softly.

Sol kissed Luke back, relieved, a little confused, but relieved nonetheless.
Suddenly, Luke pulled away, laughing.

"What?"

"It's just... Modern Robin Hood, though. California's Prince of Thieves? You may act like a jock with the sex and the partying, but you're a total dork," Luke grinned.

"I'm not sure you should be the one to say that," Sol grinned back. "Pretending to be all strong and tough and "Dude", that you're part of the "pack" and then you're a super-nerd in disguise."

"Takes one to know one, nerd," Luke teased, and pushed Sol down onto the bed. "Really though. Thank you for trusting me."

Sol blushed again, a bit embarassed. It was odd, normally Luke was the one blushing, though the other's cheek certainly did turn bright pink at watching Sol. He didn't know why, but right now he felt as if he had removed a barrier between him and Luke. He didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing, some doubt still lingered in the back of his mind. Still, he just pulled the other closer.

"It's fine, I feel a little better now that I did. Besides, you said something so cheesy I'm not even embarrassed anymore. Now, more importantly... Can we have sex now? It feels like it's been forever," he joked, though it was pretty true too. Moreso, he felt a lot less tired, all of a sudden, and he didn't know what to do with all this bubbly and warm energy. Luke raised an eyebrow, and Sol just shrugged, innocently.

I've missed you, Luke.

A large part of him hoped they'd never fight again.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

"He does know I didn't come back just to get throw into the line of fire right? Or does the admin really think I'm 'done' working for Lady Riviera? Well, whatever, I've been slacking off on my work out anyway. So what?s this about a 'mole'?"

?You seem to be under the mistaken impression that that reptile cares what you think?and as for the Admin?? He said with a derisive snort. ?I doubt they even realized you?d left. As for this mole?? He added with a shrug. ?I told you everything I know. Gato has, or had, someone inside Regalia and now they want out. ?We? are going to go get him, and I?m going to see if some of my people can be a distraction by wrecking their shit elsewhere.? Viktor stretched a bit, then smirked at Sierra. ?I gotta give my people the heads up, but if you?re looking for a sparring partner, you want to go a few rounds?or do you just want somebody you can beat??

Yvette

Her ?encounter? had left her in a sour mood, and she?d intended to notify Viktor as soon as she got back, but entering the common room she saw him talking to the demon-girl Sierra. She was still more than a little sore about essentially being kicked out of her own room, so instead she just walked past pair to her room and shut the door. I?ll talk to him in a bit.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra shrugged. "I suppose your right, oh well, it is what it is for now." she looked around the room a bit, there was this odd look of concern on her face, something was on her mind. "If you have things to do before the coming mission I'll leave you to it though, I'll go find 'dad' or failing that, get back into my old work out." she said, then left to go see about getting back into 'fighting shape'.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet caught up to Sierra as she was leaving, and put on a friendly smile as she approached. She knew Sierra wouldn't like being led around so she decided to cut straight to the point.

"Hey Sierra, how're you?" she said "I've noticed you've gone through some changes recently, wondered if you wanted to talk about them?"

She looked mainly at the new wings and tail Sierra had acquired. I wonder how far along she is to being a full demon... or if she can hide those wings at all. If she doesn't have any ability to shapeshift she'll need a glamour of some sort. At any rate she suspected that for all Sierra's haughtiness she wasn't likely to be fully comfortable with her new appendages yet, non-shapeshifters often took months or even years to adjust to such developments particularly when they bore little similarity to their original set of limbs.

"I just figured we haven't talked as much as I'd have liked," Juliet finished.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Hey Juliet, not much to say other then they feel weird still." Sierra said turning toward the Succubus. "Despite only having 2 wings now they feel a lot heavier then before, and my tail" She said, as said tail lazily swished from one side to the other. "It's got a lot more heft to it to, I haven't been able to work out much since I've been away but I can already tell it's going to screw with my balance. This coupled with the fact that I just don't know what all I can even do yet, probably means I'm not gonna be joining you guys on the next mission."

Sierra sounded a bit unsure for once with the way she talked about her new form, not uneasy or anything, more annoyed she doesn't know what it all does if anything. "Not that figure anyone would think I was anyway." she said as she rubbed her forearm around where one of the crystal like growths on her arm where hinting that she wasn't as 'adjusted' to her new form as much as she might be letting on.