Gato Community College. (game thread)

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"While I am against this..I'll help out. Though later and...not in front of anyone. Just, figure out when and where you want to do this and I'll do it. Send me a text."

Understanding how much he was against it, yet thankful that h was still willing to do it, Mira nodded and began thinking on where to do it. Of course, she also gave a verbal thank you to him as well, but in the midst of that, she began wondering exactly where to do the task. She hadn't really given thought to where they could do it without anyone questioning it...of course, it's not like they had a lot of options either. The training room may be good...but there was always a chance that people could come in and see him beating on her, thus causing more problems than she cared for. The gym was disregarded outright due to it's amount of traffic. Her room could be viable...except their teammates would probably be able to hear it, not to mention the problems that would arise in the event of her scheduling it at night. All in all, every other option or area she could think of tended to be worse and worse than her first option.

"I'm going to train a bit. If you need me for anything else, just reach me there or call me."

"Ok. See you later.", she said, making up her mind. It might be open to people coming in but in the end, she decided the bet option was still probably the training room. Now she just had to decide a time. In the end, while she decided that, she ended up going into her room, mostly due to everyone else being caught up in their own conversations and her not wanting to butt in and be rude just because hers was done. In the interim, she began preping the materials for the potions Tomas had volunteered to help out on, all the while trying to find a time that wasn't too late or too early.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Not that figure anyone would think I was anyway."

"Well I wouldn't have been surprised to see you join us," Juliet said "honestly I'm not sure Seth really cares how prepared we are or not."

She shrugged, considering what to say next. Being a shapeshifter being uncomfortable or unfamiliar with ones body was something she'd experienced before but also something she adjusted to rather quickly. Sure it took some practice and thought to puzzle out all the capabilities of a new form but learning to fly for her had been simple, instincts covered the basics and discomfort rarely lasted long. Sierra's new additions didn't seem nearly so malleable though.

"Well if you ever want help, or just someone to talk to then let me know."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra nodded. "I might have to come and pick your brain on that one. Before I just hide my demon-y bits with a glamor, and while I can shrink them down now, but I can't make them go away and even keeping them small can be a pain some times." Sierra's wings hanging a little lower, giving her a 'cloak' like look.

"But it might have to wait till after the op, depending on how much time we have between now and then, but you know about the time frame then me, I was asleep during the meeting." She said, with smirk. "For now though, I'm gonna go talk to Karis, see what he wants since I have to 'qualify' for field work." Sierra said, then gave Juliet a little 'see ya later' wave and took off to go see Karis.

not long after that, Seth texted ever one, informing every one that everything is on scheduled and three days is when the mission will start. Right after that there was a message from Karis informing the team to come down in the morning for pre-mission drills.

Next Day - Morning

As the team piled into the class room Karis typically used for 'class room' training sessions they where greeted by the sight of a girl, small in stature, in a green over coat with a hood that had rabbit ears on it, and said hood was pulled up so you couldn't really see her face well. She was reading a book, and as the group came in she turned to look at who was coming in the room with bright sky blue eyes. "H-hello" she said timidly. "Mr Karis is busy at the moment, so he left me in charge of giving you a brief overview of the pre-mission exercises your team will be under taking." then almost as if she just now remember. "M-my name is Sasha by the way, I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away." she said then directed every ones attention to the small sand box on top of the desk Karis usually started his classes behind.

Sasha went behind the desk and got up on a small stand to get her high enough to place her hand into the sand. The sand stirred and changed shape, into a building with six floors, from there she removed the roof from the top floor and then separated the floors into individual sections so the group could view all of them at once. "Mr Karis has asked my to make a full sized version of the building from the map the person your going to go rescue gave us. So as I understand you'll be running a few mock runs. Mr Karis said that there will be hostiles in the training area, equal to the number given, as will as mock ups of security systems you'll encounter according to what was given." Sasha explained, deferring more then once to a piece of paper as she spoke to check if what she was saying was indeed correct.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol stretched in his seat, the one he'd chosen during the first time they had a session there, and that he had laid claim instantly. It was next to a window, near the back, though not so far back it was difficult to hear Karis talk. These Sol actually went to, after all, he'd be a fool to refuse knowledge presented so readily, especially knowledge that few other hunters were privy to. He felt at the sore part of his neck, it was still red and ached a bit when he rubbed it. But in a good way. And a little in a bad way, but hey, he didn't mind.

Luke had declined the whole sex thing after they had made up, because damn if he was going to bring over snacks and his laptop and not actually watch some shows. Sol got to choose, and he had just gone with whatever, and ended up watching a show about two brothers looking for their dad while also shooting things in the face. It caused Luke to ask a lot of questions, like "Is that really how you get rid of a ghost?" and "Do you have a shotgun in your car?". Sol wasn't going to mention the hidden compartment in his car back in the US, but he just sort of shrugged. He didn't have a shotgun. He had a lot of things, but not a shotgun.

Should I get a shotgun?

Regardless, Luke had been more charitable in the morning, and Sol was feeling pretty well right now, his problems figured out, his needs taken care of, and the simple joy of having just showered and put on clean clothes, almost fresh out of the dryer. He'd been pretty early too, though as people started arriving, he noticed that Karis wasn't one of them.

Is he going to be late to his own meeting?

There was someone else there, a short woman in a green coat.

"H-hello. Mr Karis is busy at the moment, so he left me in charge of giving you a brief overview of the pre-mission exercises your team will be under taking. M-my name is Sasha by the way, I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away."

Sol tilted his head, wondering if it would be rude to try to catch a peek under her hood. It was odd that she didn't even pull back the hood when talking.

Come on Sol, she probably doesn't want you to do that.

Still, now he was curious.

"Mr Karis has asked my to make a full sized version of the building from the map the person your going to go rescue gave us. So as I understand you'll be running a few mock runs. Mr Karis said that there will be hostiles in the training area, equal to the number given, as will as mock ups of security systems you'll encounter according to what was given."

Sol couldn't help but feel his ears perk up -not literary, obviously- as he heard the last bit. Security systems, huh. He knew security systems, he'd gone through a few of them, even after becoming a hunter. Sol quickly raised his hand, eagerly, and waited for the right moment to talk. Before, he would've hesitated, but now... now it felt easier to mention something that might've hinted at his past like this.

"Security system?" he asked, trying not to sound as intrigued as he felt. He failed, and decided to drop the act altogether. "So this is like a heist? There's thirty people, but that's a pretty big building, so..." he started thinking about it. Five people each floor, though obviously that wouldn't be how the layout was. Besides, it was only a general number.

Still, this should be more up my alley.

He was already feeling inspired, not because of the criminal part, but because he still really enjoyed the challenge of a good heist. "And we're not to danger records or computers, or anything that could have information on it, so we're going to have to try to move carefully, can't just rush in and shoot everything in sight. We have to think. That's pretty neat." Sol liked planning, he liked sneaking, and though they were supposed to kill everyone apart from their inside guy, this as more his thing.

"Do we get to, you know. Do some planning as a group? If I could get some info on the security systems beforehand, that'd be great. I have some ideas."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
After Yvette had left, Daniel and Will made some small talk before the Angel decided to call it a day and leave. He did, however, briefly stop by to see Yvette and pass on a contact number she could reach him by in case anything came up before returning to his office to write up some field reports for The Order, during which he received a message from both Seth and Karis. It appeared that the mission to acquire their VIP would take place in three days time and that Karis had scheduled some pre-mission training simulations to start tomorrow morning.

The Following Morning

Daniel had been one of the early one arriving at this meeting, although not as early as Sol had been. Entering the room once others started showing up, they were greeted with the sight of what appeared to be a woman wearing a green hooded overcoat, with something akin to bunny ears on top; she appeared to be somewhat startled by the sudden arrival.

"H-hello. Mr Karis is busy at the moment, so he left me in charge of giving you a brief overview of the pre-mission exercises your team will be undertaking. M-my name is Sasha by the way, I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away."

Where has that bounder gotten to? Probably got caught up in some bureaucratic red tape for the mission no doubt

Sasha then appeared to manipulate the sand that was contained in a box on Karis's desk, creating buildings.

Geomancer huh? Or can at least manipulate sand.

"Mr Karis has asked me to make a full sized version of the building from the map the person you're going to go rescue gave us. So as I understand you'll be running a few mock runs. Mr Karis said that there will be hostiles in the training area, equal to the number given, as well as mock-ups of security systems you'll encounter according to what was given."

"Security system?" Inquired Sol, his eyes almost looked as though they lit up at their mere mention, he seemed to be more into this case than the last one, probably because it made better use of his skills.

"Good to see you're more comfortable with this mission Sol. Sounds like it would be more your bag." Daniel commented as he looked at the sand construction.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
She spent all night up again, trying to get stuff ready and working. Still, the thought of being a potential lethal bomb kept plaguing her thoughts, making her more and more worried as time went on. For once, she actually felt fear over the idea that she could stop existing physically in her totality, something that she had previously dismissed as out of hand due to the unlikelyness of it. She had aways been more concerned over the idea of being ripped apart and left alive, trapped in her own body without anyone realizing she was alive. Hell, now she wished that she could go back to a time like that knstead of worrying about either one happening now. Most importantly though, she wished she could go back in time and stop herself from listening to Seth, to realize how bad of an idea that was. Either way though, she would have to schedule that meet up with Tomas that night. The idea of not knowing was killing her...figuratively, of course.

Still, that would be later. Right now though, she had just walked into the classroom with the others where are strange and timid girl was greeting them. She said that her name was Sasha and that she was to help them train for the mission. Of course, the exact details were lost on Mirabelle as she got destracted by the ears on Sasha's coat, wondering why someone would bother putting those on a coat. Still, she was attentive enough to snap out of it and listen to what her teammates said about the matter.

"Do we get to, you know. Do some planning as a group? If I could get some info on the security systems beforehand, that'd be great. I have some ideas."

She was surprised to hear some enthusiasm from Sol this time, all things considered. She wouldn't look this gift horse in the mouth though and simply said, "Well...i think the point of all of this is so that we can plan. Still, since i don't have anything, could you share with me on your ideas?"

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Both Tomas and William went on their way on the previous day. Either training or relaxing as they were getting ready for the upcoming mission. Today, both got a message for another meeting today. Walking in, they would have seen the timid girl who seemed to be misstepping over her words here and there.

Tomas wonder if this was because she never really talked that much and is worried about messing things up, or if she just hates giving speeches in front of a large group. While William why they were running into a lot more timid people lately. Though he just thought that now that he sort of over being timid himself, he can see the signs. Either way Will hopes they were worrying her.

"Well...i think the point of all of this is so that we can plan. Still, since i don't have anything, could you share with me on your ideas?"

"Well it will be nice for once to know how much danger we will be facing." Tomas commented. "Hopefully we can get some answers on that and finally have a plan besides "Go in and kill everything."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

After Sierra left to go pester her ?father?, Viktor headed back to his office to catch up with some his own work, and to contact his clan. An hour or so later Yvette tracked him down and told him of her encounter; once the shaken Nephilim had returned to her room, he headed straight to the Admin office and gave them an ultimatum, either they would deal with the problem elements of ?Beta House? now and effectively, or he would?and he couldn?t guarantee there wouldn?t be casualties if he had to act. He didn?t wait around to hear their answer.

Now

Entering the meeting room he was a bit surprised to see some girl reading a book where Karis should?ve been standing.

"H-hello, Mr Karis is busy at the moment, so he left me in charge of giving you a brief overview of the pre-mission exercises your team will be under taking. M-my name is Sasha by the way, I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away."

Viktor let out a quiet and exasperated sigh. Ten Euro says he ?Shanghai?d? this poor girl into subbing for him at the last moment. His eyebrow ached as Sasha approached the sand table and ?build? a scale six story building. That?that?s pretty neat. Clasping his hand behind his back, he studied the floor plans while the others talked, looking up briefly to give Solomon a smile and a nod as the hunter mentioned wanting details of the potential security system. Nice to see him finally getting involved?too bad trying get him to do that with any other part of the team is like trying to pull teeth.

"Well it will be nice for once to know how much danger we will be facing. Hopefully we can get some answers on that and finally have a plan besides "Go in and kill everything."

?You make a good point Tomas?last thing we want is to go in expecting a cake walk and find out the place is full of heavies.? He replied, directing a questioning look towards Sasha.

Yvette

Yvette slipped in quietly behind the crowd, and found somewhere out of the way to stand; she knew she wouldn?t have anything to add to any planning, so she simply watched and waited. Last night she?d, hopefully, got her head sorted out about what she may have to do?though with any luck she would be able to hang back and leave the actual fighting to others.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sasha nodded in response to Sol's question, and was about to say something to add to it when Karis and Sierra appeared, likely from Limbo, then continued. "That's the whole reason these drills where set up. For you to practice and come up with a plan."

Karis, interestingly, was in full combat attire, as he was in his armor and had his sword on him, though he looked like he'd gotten into a fight with a blender, or lawnmower given the damage to he suit, it also looked to have been burnt or frozen around several of the cuts in his armor.

Sierra, didn't really look much better, lots of nicks and cuts, with some of the larger wounds already wrapped, even her tail was wounded and wrapped. Implying that she'd been using it in what ever fight she and Karis just finished.

Sierra just found a place to sit down while Karis set his sword down and took his helm off. "Well, a plan or two, just in case." Karis said cutting in. Sasha quickly relayed to Karis Sol's question about the nature of the security systems. Karis walked over to the desk, put his hand on one of the drawers, opened it and then set the contents on the deck in front of Sol and the others. Which was the info they had on where they'd be going to pull the spy out, the security system was not terribly impressive. Security cameras where the order of the day by and large, likely with some one sitting in a room watching all the feeds with a some from of communication with the rest of the base.

The Strategy at play seemed to be 'blend in and don't let on that anything is here'.

"I suspect there will be a little more to deal with them what we've been told. The number of people on hand seems low for the size of the building for one, and we don't know for certain what kind of access our man on the inside has for another. Still, it's better then nothing and it's best we take full advantage of it." Karis added before sitting down him self, before suggesting Sasha do a 'once over' on the mock building.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Good to see you're more comfortable with this mission Sol. Sounds like it would be more your bag."

Sol gave Daniel a nod and a smile as a reply, figuring that whatever the meaning was -whether it was about him doing a bad job the last time or not- it was well intended and showed good-will, a gesture he wouldn't just ignore.

"Well...I think the point of all of this is so that we can plan. Still, since i don't have anything, could you share with me on your ideas?"

"Wait and see," he replied. "I need to know some details first." He raised an eyebrow at Vik's approval, and though he gave the other a brief wink, he had to wonder, was everyone really that surprised he showed some interest and enthusiasm?

Perhaps it's just them approving extra much this time.

Or perhaps he really seemed into it this time. He couldn't help it, this was more like the first mission they had gone through with, it seemed flexible, and it included sneaking. Sol was both flexible and sneaky, it was a perfect match. Eventually he got a reply when it came to the plans and security systems.

"That's the whole reason these drills where set up. For you to practice and come up with a plan."

"Well then," Sol said, and winked. "No pressure?" After listening to the details, Sol wasn't sure if he was disappointed by how simple it seemed, or happy it didn't seem like it would be much hassle.

"I suspect there will be a little more to deal with them what we've been told. The number of people on hand seems low for the size of the building for one, and we don't know for certain what kind of access our man on the inside has for another. Still, it's better then nothing and it's best we take full advantage of it."

"Well, my main idea right now would see me use my amulet to get inside undetected, get to the security room, and get control over the cameras. With them, I'd be able to survey every room they're pointed at, and inform everyone about the locations of those there, or even lead someone to my position so that I could let them take over the job and deal with whatever locks there might be. I mean, it'd be a real waste for us to simply shut down the security screens when we could use them to gain the upper hand. And I'd be the best one to send in first, because of my amulet and because I can unlock pretty much every door and I know the look of most security systems in case they have backups and... and then Juliet could sneak in from another direction using an animal form and Vik could be positioned on one of the middle floors so that he could more easily get to those who might need his help, and perhaps Mira could make something that could contain some magical energy so that my amulet would have a little more charge, and we'd need to utilize the darkness, because of course we're going during the night, and we'd have to..."

He stopped up, and scratched his stubbles, feeling slightly sheepish where he sat, formulating ideas before they'd even discussed it further. No, not even formulating them, just blabbering.

I'm really not ready for this teamwork thing.

"Uhm. So." He tugged at his dark leather hat and gave the others an embarassed grin, before pulling his scarf over his mouth and nose and sitting back, dejected by his own thoughts. "I'll let someone else talk about this. I shouldn't be planning either way, I'd just want to do it on my own."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Wait and see, I need to know some details first."

Well...Mira thought that that was fair. After all, it was no use to tell her any sort of plan if it wouldn't work on it's most base level. Still, she hoped he found out what he needed to soon, since all she could come up with was a blank. She found that pretty funny as well, the fact that she knew so much about physics, chemistry, and what not, things people associated with intelligence, and yet she couldn't even come up with a plan in this situation, even at the most basic and simple level. Then again, she considered it possible that it was an acquired skill through experience which easily explained why she was bad at it...and brung into question why Sol was already good with it, though, presumably, it could have been because he was a hunter.

Either way, soon enough, Karis and Sierra appeared, a bit battered and worse for wear. This annoyed her, mostly because if she had been forewarned about this, she could have had some healing potions ready for them, just in case. Still, it was negligible for now, since it didn't seem to be that much of a concern for them. Instead, Karis decided to give them all what she presumed was most of rhe information that they had gathered on the building. Hopefully that was enough to allow Sol or the others, most likely Viktor or Daniel, to build a plan. Thankfully, she didn't have to wait long before Sol started talking again.

"Well, my main idea right now would see me use my amulet to get inside undetected, get to the security room, and get control over the cameras. With them, I'd be able to survey every room they're pointed at, and inform everyone about the locations of those there, or even lead someone to my position so that I could let them take over the job and deal with whatever locks there might be. I mean, it'd be a real waste for us to simply shut down the security screens when we could use them to gain the upper hand. And I'd be the best one to send in first, because of my amulet and because I can unlock pretty much every door and I know the look of most security systems in case they have backups and... and then Juliet could sneak in from another direction using an animal form and Vik could be positioned on one of the middle floors so that he could more easily get to those who might need his help, and perhaps Mira could make something that could contain some magical energy so that my amulet would have a little more charge, and we'd need to utilize the darkness, because of course we're going during the night, and we'd have to..."

After that he paused for a bit, seemingly embarrassed, before saying, "Uhm. So. I'll let someone else talk about this. I shouldn't be planning either way, I'd just want to do it on my own."

She was a bit surprised that he stopped so suddenly, from what she perceived to be embarrasment...but she could understand. Heck, she doubted that she would do better in such a situation. In fact, the only time that she had said as much at once was when it was just her, Sierra, and Juliet. Still, it was a good idea, and one that could be easily changed as needed to get their desired result. She was just worried about her part in it since, as far as she was aware, she literally couldn't do that. At least, not without the risk of Sol exploding i.e. something to try to avoid. It was bad enough that she may explode, they didn't need to have another person that ran the risk as well, or something worse.

Speaking up to clarify, she said, "Well...it's seems like a good plan. Better than what i could come up with...but there is one problem. I can't do what your suggesting...well, at least not without alot of outside help." she took a moment to think, choosing her words carefully so as to not reveal her own situation before continuing. "Basically what it boils down to is the fact that mixing Alchemy and Enchantments, which i assume your amulet is, can be very bad without knowing what makes your amulet work. I didn't even fully know the extent of that fact until me and Sierra worked on enchanting...one of my fathers alchemy projects. I mean, i could do the same and ask my Advanced Alchemy teacher since he's also one of the Advanced Enchantment teachers, but overall, i think you'd be better off with asking Sierra or Yvette about that. Sorry."

Now, she just had to hope that Sierra wouldn't spill the beans on their enchanting her. If it was a problem, then she would bring it to the others attention then. No need to worry them until she was sure it was a problem.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

He raised a questioning eyebrow at Karis and Sierra as they appeared; one would think the merc would be smart enough to not risk injury to one of his team members just prior to a mission?being told that he was taking Sierra off for a little one-on-one training would?ve been appreciated as well. I think I?m done...the Admin are still incompetent, the ?Field Command? only ever inform me at the last moment?if the Elders wish to continue with this ?relationship?, they can find a new liaison.

Viktor was glad to see Solomon actually getting involved in the discussion without prompting, though he had to do his best not to sigh audibly as the hunter cut himself off mid-sentence. Well, at least its some progress. He thought. Mirabelle was explaining the difficulties it trying to create a ?battery? to give Solomon a bit more time with his amulet, when an idea occurred. Walking over to the sand table, he studied the layout for a moment, before looking at Sierra. ?Sierra, would it be able to create an enchantment that functioned like an EMP?? He asked. ?Sol would still have to rely on his natural talents, and bag of tricks to get in, but I was thinking of something that he could leave behind once the mission was done.?

?There?s no guarantee that all of the computers that run the locations security are going to be actually in the security office, and we shouldn?t be there long enough to look for them if that?s the case; but if ?we? can pop a localized EMP to fry the systems once we?re done with them, whoever comes to find out why this base went dark should have some trouble piecing together what exactly happened.?

He was staring at the top floor plan/roof when he had another thought. ?Juliet?your wings? Are you strong enough to carry a passenger, even a short distance, or can they just lift you? My thinking, is that we get our target to the roof, then have you ?air lift? him to our vehicles?much safer than trying to bring him out though the building.?

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Sol gave Daniel a friendly nod in response to the latter's kind words and then went off in what seemed to be a well thought out strategy regarding how best to approach the facility; although he appeared to stop part way through, seemingly embarrassed, stating that he would want to do this solo if he planned much more.

Whilst Mira and Viktor both made suggestions as to how best to proceed, Daniel wondered how best he could contribute. He wasn't exactly stealth capable like Sol was; nor was he capable as an enchanter compared to how he was in ages past, all that knowledge he possessed was still inside of him, he just needed to trigger it once more. At best, he could be deployed as a distraction, and draw the enemies attention away whilst everyone else did the real work; given the history that Regalia no doubt had on him, a chance to avenge their fallen British contingent might just be the incentive they need.

Enough about the past, for now, Daniel kept mostly to the back, but carefully sidled up towards Yvette, she looked a bit calmer compared to the nervous wreck she was yesterday, but there was no harm in checking up on her.

"How are you holding up Yvette? Feeling any better?" He asked quietly, just above a whisper.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra hadn't actually been paying much attention to the conversation until Viktor called out to her, being distracted by the wounds on her tail, and left hand and arm. "An EMP? Why must you always ask for the most boring of things." She snarked, the paused a moment to do a bit of 'mental work', and frowned slightly. "Aye, I should be able to get something ready large enough to hit all six floor. However, given the size of the target there will be collateral damage. I'll do what I can to minimize it, but if there are building near by then they're gonna get hit." She said after she'd penned out a rough idea in her head.

It was then Karis jumped in. "Our target has control over the wind. So it would be reasonably safe to assume he can fly on his own." he said reminding them of what was in the file about they're target. "That said, he may not use those powers unless he's certain his cover is in no danger of being blown. So by all means come up with a alternative solution in case the situation prevents him from flying him self out."

"One more thing. Sierra will not be part of the field operation." Karis added "As you probably guessed from the injury's and damaged equipment, Sierra and I had a 'go round' to clear her for field work. While her sword arm is far from lacking, as is her mobility, her control how ever, certainly is." He said turning toward Sierra. "The injury's to her tail and left arm where the result of her new ability's quite literally blowing up in her face. This lack of control, coupled with the fact she has access to both heat and cold based ability's would make her potentially dangerous if pressured." He said turning back to the group. "As such I will not allow her to partake in any combat oriented field operations. She is how ever free to provide any enchantments you might need of her."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Well...it's seems like a good plan. Better than what i could come up with...but there is one problem. I can't do what your suggesting...well, at least not without alot of outside help. Basically what it boils down to is the fact that mixing Alchemy and Enchantments, which i assume your amulet is, can be very bad without knowing what makes your amulet work. I didn't even fully know the extent of that fact until me and Sierra worked on enchanting...one of my fathers alchemy projects. I mean, i could do the same and ask my Advanced Alchemy teacher since he's also one of the Advanced Enchantment teachers, but overall, i think you'd be better off with asking Sierra or Yvette about that. Sorry."

"Ah. Right," Sol said, scratching his chin underneath the scarf. "Well, I said I shouldn't be planning either way, but that's too bad. I can't let you take a look at my amulet, I'm afraid, my master would've had my hide if I as much as lent it to you. Sorry, it was probably just a bad idea to ask."

"There's no guarantee that all of the computers that run the locations security are going to be actually in the security office, and we shouldn't be there long enough to look for them if that's the case; but if 'we' can pop a localized EMP to fry the systems once we're done with them, whoever comes to find out why this base went dark should have some trouble piecing together what exactly happened."

That could good be a way of approaching it. And then, with the EMP we could bring something that would allow the others to bypass the locks, and then I could keep it going from the cameras instead of having to do that for them, and then we could ensure that we got access to everything before getting rid of everyone and perhaps take some extra hostages and... ah, no. Bad Sol. Forget about it.

"As such I will not allow her to partake in any combat oriented field operations. She is how ever free to provide any enchantments you might need of her."

Sol gave Karis a thoughtful nod, before he turned to Sierra. He thought he at least should ask, one last time.

"Well, if you're able to do it, Sierra, since Mira can't, it'd be great if I could have something to hold some magic. You can't interact with the amulet directly, and I don't have any magic abilities myself, but anything that could store and use magic would be great. Sort of like one of the spells I have, only, I need a more... I dunno. I need a more "magic" magic, and not just a specific spell." He chuckled, sheepishly. "Actually, I realize how stupid I sounded, so perhaps not. But, anyhow, I still think that me sneaking into the security room is the best way to approach this, but I think someone with a little more wit and ability should do the actual planning, so, yeah. Or perhaps we should start on the training itself. Wing it, see how it goes." He leaned back, withdrawing again, having addressed the others he didn't think he had more to say.

Well, that wasn't true, he had a lot more he could say, and he had to stop his mind from conjuring up new ideas. But what was the point, he'd sounded like an idiot before.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet listened carefully as the others discussed their ideas, some she liked such as getting control of the cameras and leaving by the roof, others she was less confident in like the EMP. If the security system was at all competently designed then turning off the power would leave the electronic locks locked, and if the security personnel were at all competent they'd at least start searching as if something was going on. Then again a brief knock-out of the systems presented opportunity.

"I have a plan," she said "we use the EMP to get a few agents entry, Sol can get to the security systems and make the cameras work for us, I or someone else can make it to the center of the air processing system."

She pointed on the sand-map at the ventilation system "We should have an opportunity before the system powers back up to insert something here," she glanced at Mira "Can you create a knockout gas? I can donate some of my own venom if it would help, it has all the effect we'd require."

"Our target has wind powers so he should be able to create a pocket of safe air while the gas neutralizes the other hostiles, at which point we can extract the target safely and even take a few of the hostiles with us if we feel they have anything to offer, I'd prefer knockout gas just in case he can't shield himself properly," she said "even if they don't it could be worth it to abduct them, it would maintain our target's cover better in case he ever needs to be re-inserted."

"Now of course it would be difficult to bring in enough gas for the whole building, but if we get their attention drawn to a specific area then we can get them concentrated on a particular floor," she glanced at Vik "they'll be jumpy from the power going down so I imagine they'd overreact if someone say set off an alarm say by forcing a door somewhere and concentrate forces on that floor looking for them, that should be you or me I think as we're both trained in stealth and are strong enough to force one of the doors. Anywhere in the building should do fine as long as its properly coordinated with the rest of the team but if they have something they want to protect in the building then that's a more ideal location."

"Tomas and myself should be able to carry anyone who wants to enter from the roof, I imagine we'll have to figure out ideal points of entry in practice though," she said "as for the others if we can't manage to escape through the roof we should have an assault team standing by outside, purely in case things go sour."

Smiling pleasantly she looked at the others "Well that's my plan at least."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Well that's my plan at least."

Sol felt conflicted. On one hand, he really didn't like the plan. It was too unpredictable, and they didn't know what kind of equipment the bad guys had at hand, so if any of them had gas masks readily available or was intent on hindering their people in going all into one location, which they obviously would, given that it seemed like an obvious trap. And besides, Sol didn't like the idea of trying to mess with their security system with an EMP, not beforehand. Unless they knew exactly how it worked, it could trigger the alarms, it could cause doors to lock down, it was risky, and they didn't want to be stuck inside with more than 30 armed individuals with special weapons that could annihilate anyone who didn't get harmed by the regular rounds. Not to mention, it would allow anyone who stayed awake long enough to alert the higher ups, which was a bad idea.

And it's inelegant and relies on force and luck rather than stealth and cunning. I mean, it's not bad, and it would probably succeed because of how strong the others are, but it doesn't feel right. And triggering alarms is never an option, it's against my nature.

It simply wasn't his thing, and he didn't want to be a part of it.

On the other hand... he'd been the one who had insisted someone else do the planning, even if he had expected whoever did it to build upon his ideas. This wasn't building, this was taking it apart and making the main point of his plan -getting into the control room and using it to keep an eye on where people were- a moot point, or at best insignificant. However, he'd told Juliet he'd help her become the leader, didn't that mean supporting her plan? Even if he didn't like it?

Well, I didn't say I'd blindly follow her. And I'm sure she'd listen to me... but doing it now would undermine the authority she's trying to build up. Then again... I really don't like the thought of forcing the system.

"It's not a bad plan, it's pretty good actually, but I don't think we should decide on one right away. How about we test out both?" Sol asked from underneath the scarf, going with diplomacy. "Both plans, I mean. I'll give mine a bit more thought and make it more complete, and then we can try both approaches and see what works and what might not work. They're pretty different approaches, so a finalised plan could be made from seeing how each of ours do. I mean, we've got a safe environment to test these things out, so... why not?"

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor

"An EMP? Why must you always ask for the most boring of things."

Viktor simply glowered at Sierra, she annoyed him at the best of times, but at this moment he really wasn?t in the mood for her attitude. Still, against his initial impulses, he held his tongue.

"Aye, I should be able to get something ready large enough to hit all six floor. However, given the size of the target there will be collateral damage. I'll do what I can to minimize it, but if there are building near by then they're gonna get hit."

?Well since it?s not beside a hospital, or under an airport glide path, I have little concern about electronic collateral.? He said with a sigh. The Clan would already have be underway, and everyone would know their damned jobs, not this ?plan-by-committee? bullshit. He let out a sigh and ran a hand over his face, pushing his eyepatch aside to massage around where his left eye used to be.

He was glad when Karis said that Sierra wouldn?t be participating, as the last thing he needed was another person who felt they were some ?special snowflake? and thus would only do what was needed is they felt like it. Still studying the ?map?, he listened to Sol asking about what amounted to a battery for his amulet; which Viktor approved of. The longer he could remain undetected as he moved about the better. Juliet?s plan, while he appreciated the more direct approach it took, Sol had a point about the potential drawbacks.

?I see where you?re coming from Juliet, and normally I?d be all for it; but it?s an idea better suited for a search and destroy rather than an extraction. We?ve all seen the reports of the Regalia attacks, and how they?re not shy about petty little things like collateral damage and civilian casualties, so I?d rather not have them realize they?re under threat until it?s far too late. If they?re connected to other cells, popping the EMP first may alert the others that something is up, as well as the local issues Solomon mentioned.?

Yvette

She?d been just quietly listening to all the others talk; she figured that was probably the most useful thing she could do at this point.

"How are you holding up Yvette? Feeling any better?"

?Huh? Oh!? She said, after taking a moment to realize Daniel had been speaking to her. ?Uhh yeah?I think.? She replied. ?I mean, this all still scares the shit out of me, but I think I?ve got a handle on it.? I hope. ?Intellectually, I knew how it might be and I know what Regalia is capable of?though fortunately I didn?t see it, I was here during their first attack. I guess the reality of it is finally sinking in?but this is what I signed up for?and I can?t back out now?not in good conciseness at least.?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra took the amulet from Sol and started giving it a look to see what she could do to it to met Sols request. It was 'old magic' so she spotted a few things she could do to improve the 'energy efficacy' of the enchantment.

But before she could talk to Sol about it, Juliet said something that surprised Sierra. "Won't work like your thinking. Discharging an EMP before entry would destroy every electronic in the building. Including the ones you all are gonna crack open for what ever intel they might have on hand. So no computers to dig through, and no cameras or other security systems to turn to your advantage."

She then turned to Sol. "I can boost it a bit, about 50% at most though. Anymore then that and I'll have to start rewriting the whole damned thing."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Mirabelle like how well Sol's plan was being accepted. Unfortunately that stopped once talk of an EMP started going around. Worse yet Juliet suggested a plan that hinged on using the EMP bomb first so as to get everyone into position. Granted, in theory it could get everyone into position easily, but it also ignored one (in her mind) very important secondary goal given by Seth: try not to destroy any computers or personal devices that may hold valuable incormation. Granted, it seemed like she was the only one who remembered that little detail but still, all that meant was that it fell to her to remind everyone else. Of course, she waited until Juliet got done talking, having addressed her in the process about making knock out bombs (an paltry task in Mira's mind), before pointing this out.

"Uh...well, yeah, i could do that...but, unfortunately for the plan, Sierra is right in regards to the EMP. Something like that that would cover six floors of a building isn't just going to shut down anything, it's going to fry circuit boards, fuse connectors and just in general make the insides of those things look like they were struck by lightning...at least for the ones closest to the machine. Maybe we could use it afterwards as Viktor was suggesting, once we've gotten our target and recovered any electronic devices of interest but as Phase one of the plan, it wouldn't work. Also, anyone near the EMP bomb, because that's what it will be by that point, would definitely be feeling the effects of it, probably passing out or dieing due to the electrical surge going through their bodies. I could still build the gas bombs but they wouldn't be of a lot of use to the plan by that point."

She stopped for a moment, weighing the rest of the plan Juliet proposed to that of Sol's, before continuing, "The knockout gas is a good idea and i'll probably still make it but until we can come up with a new Phase 1 for that plan, i'd say we continue to go with Sol's. It's less risky and doesn't cause us to fail one of our objectives."