Gato Community College. (game thread)

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Huh? Oh!" Yvette was surprised by someone speaking to her all of a sudden.

"Uhh yeah...I think. I mean, this all still scares the shit out of me, but I think I've got a handle on it."

"Intellectually, I knew how it might be and I know what Regalia is capable of...though fortunately, I didn't see it, I was here during their first attack. I guess the reality of it is finally sinking in...but this is what I signed up for...and I can't back out now...not in good conscience at least."

"Well, at least you have a conscience Yvette, it shows you care about the decisions you're going to make, and the consequences that are to follow. And it's good to feel scared, at least sometimes. It means you still have something to lose. After all, if you have nothing to lose, why worry about anything?" Daniel asked rhetorically as he was still paying attention to the continuing war plans.

"From what I've heard around campus since my arrival, that first attack was rather brutal. Regalia have certainly changed tact compared to when I last tangoed with them five years back. For one thing, they didn't have these sodding anti-aether bullets, means the spellcasters I worked with could get in and deal some real damage. Guess they've learned from Sun Tzu about using the enemies strength against them."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet listened as others brought up criticisms of her plan, and shrugged. Her ideas hardly seemed unworkable, if nothing in the target was hardened against EMPs enough to recover from one then they could just target some power lines which honestly seemed like an easier option to begin with. Then again she couldn't be certain how Sierra's magic EMP would work anyways and such devices were pretty much unheard of on the missions she'd tackled in the demon realm.

"Hm, I would have thought a group as paranoid as Regalia would have hardened important electronics," she said "I suppose if we aren't certain that's the case then it would be better to avoid that approach."

"The knockout gas is a good idea and I'll probably still make it but until we can come up with a new Phase 1 for that plan, i'd say we continue to go with Sol's. It's less risky and doesn't cause us to fail one of our objectives."

"Fair enough, we'll certainly have plenty of time to practice different approaches," she said then thought for another moment "I wonder if you could make a gas grenade with the toxin, even if we can't dose them through the AC it would be a useful tool if things get loud. In fact if nothing else we should make sure we've got multiple backup plans for if that situation arises."

She knew from personal experience how quickly things could go from careful and quiet to sloppy and loud.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"I can boost it a bit, about 50% at most though. Anymore then that and I'll have to start rewriting the whole damned thing."

Sol quickly snatched the amulet back, hands so swift she probably didn't notice it as it happened. Quickly, he put it around his neck again. He hadn't expected her to grab it.

I should've worded it differently.

"Ah, no, I meant something like a... well, a charger. You can't interact with it. Also, I don't really take it off... there's reasons I wear it." He gave her an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, I should've specified that I shouldn't take it off. But you know, it's charged with magical energy, so if a small item with magical charge was made, it should work. I'd use the spells I have, but those notes only do the spell that were infused in the symbols on them. Or so it's been explained to me."

"Fair enough, we'll certainly have plenty of time to practice different approaches, I wonder if you could make a gas grenade with the toxin, even if we can't dose them through the AC it would be a useful tool if things get loud. In fact if nothing else we should make sure we've got multiple backup plans for if that situation arises."

"Juliet's got a point, it's best to have different plans for different events." Sol chimed in, this time he could honestly back Juliet. Sure, he didn't really like the toxin either way, but it was very important to have several different backup plans.

"Really, we have several outlines of plans now, I feel like using the time and opportunities we have to our advantage to figure stuff out is the best we can do right now, and then we can talk plans later."

He sat back and acted as if he was just waiting, though ideas kept running into his head. It was difficult not to, everyone else introduced new ideas or ways to improve his plan, even if it was just saying what couldn't be done or discussing.

Well, now I can test them in real time without risking the mission.

Sol wasn't much for group work or stuff like that. But perhaps having a bit or a say in it made him feel better about it, because he wasn't having too bad of a time right now.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra nodded "Ah, charger, that'll be easy. It'll be one more thing to pack around though, and since you seem to be the 'light and fast' type. So while, sure, I'll make you a charger, you should really let me improve it so you don't need it." she replied.

"Since you have a few plans to try out, we can start the mock runs then." Karis said, then the room shifted, and slid as the group was transported to Limbo, where Sasha was still checking over the building. Around them was more signs of the fight between Karis and Sierra as some of the terrain was still frozen or steaming a little from heat damage.

Sasha, upon noticing the group, walked over a reported everything was fine with the building, and she'd even fixed the superficial scorch marks and it's ready when the group is.

--- Three days later ---

The mock runs proceeded as planned, with the group working on and refining their assault strategy's till they had a solid plan that counted for a few outside variables, such as sudden reinforcements, or greater numbers, ready to go.

Mean while, Sierra had worked on the EMP Viktor requested, and built a charger for Sol's amulet. The charger was easy and took longer to get everything she needed to craft it, then to actually craft it. The EMP was a bit more tricky due to her trying to keep the area of effect low enough to avoid to much collateral damage, while still covering the whole of the building.

She did a few mock runs but since she wasn't cleared for field missions, it wasn't something she really needed to do, and it was more her getting back in shape and trying to get a hold on her new powers since they didn't seem to work exactly like the old ones did. Other then that she worked on a few side projects, one of which was a proper weapon to allow her to fight like normal with out having to rely on powers that she didn't really have much control over, with the other note worthy one being an extension and weaponization of a prior project.

--- early evening ---

The assault and extraction teams sat poised to make their attack not far from their respective targets, waiting for the a pointed start time as the plan was to hit them all at once, and it wouldn't be long before the mission started, only a few minutes.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Alfred Frye

Waiting always was the worst bit, and Alfred certainly had done enough of that now. He'd kept a close eye on the higher up who suspected him, but it seemed she had decided to keep watching him. And she had, carefully so. Al hadn't had a chance to check in with Gato, but then again, it shouldn't be necessary.

Of course, when they do get here, it'll be a slaughter, right? At least if they listened to me.

He closed his eyes and took in the view from the open window, the evening turning darker as the time went from dusk to night. The wind was blowing, comfortably, easing his worries. He listened for anything of interest, but it was quiet for once.

Quiet before the storm, maybe.

"Hey, Al, quit looking all sombre, it's making me uneasy," a fellow low level grunt -nicknamed Nagi- said, and Alfred smiled innocently.

"I'm not sombre, I'm enjoying the evening."

"By sticking your head out a window? I almost thought you were going to jump or something."

"Pff, it's only the fifth floor, I wouldn't die."

"You so would. Come on, we've got a briefing in 10 minutes. It's the two of us and Amy and that weird bald guy." Alfred raised an eyebrow, surprised.

"Why?" The dark-haired man shrugged.

"Dunno. Probably just updating us on something. Besides, what do you care? You're just going for the snacks either ways, right?"

"There's snacks?" Alfred asked. "Score. Come on, we can't be late for this clearly super important briefing," he chuckled. Of course there wouldn't be snacks, it was a briefing. But it was enough to make the other smirk.

That's it, I'm just a laid-back guy either way, right?

He thought to himself, trying to ignore the nagging feeling in the back of his mind of how wrong this was. Alfred was sure the cultists were wrong, and many of them were kinda messed up in the head, but that didn't mean he wouldn't miss some of them.

Name: Alfred Frye

Race: Human/Demonic Contractor

Sex: Male

Description: Alfred has thick, slightly curly brown hair and bright blue eyes, as well as pale skin. He dresses in a casually formal manner, with pants in black, grey and brown, and using shirts and knitted sweaters that are at least one size too big. He's not too old, only 18 years old, has sharp eyebrows and eyes. He's 5'9" and has a medium build, though he's often mistaken for being smaller due to the way he wears his clothes. Alfred tends to have an almost bored look on his face, even when he smiles. Many would consider him "cute", especially due to his baby blue eyes, and he gives off a calm, earnest feeling. His accent is rather noticable Welsh, and he wears glasses when around normal people, despite the fact that his eyesight is far better than what it used to be. He favors dark colours and soft fabrics.

That said, his looks can be deceiving. He's very intelligent, both knowledgeable and sly, with a fair amount of cunning alongside. He's polite and very relaxed, and can be considerate and nice, as long as it suits him. To Alfred, everything is split into three categories; things/people that he wants or needs to use, things/people he has no interest in, and things/people standing in his way. If you're the latter, you're troublesome and dangerous, while if you're any of the other he'll do his best to get along, as he prefers to get along with people. Overall, he's friendly and polite, but also greedy and callous. When he's fond of something, however, he is very protective of it, and is often amused by other people, saying he likes seeing them acting like "fools", though he's actually rather lonely. He acts casual and carefree, and while this is part of his true nature, he can overdo it in order to disguise his other traits. He can be rather petty, but would rarely act out on it. Alfred is also surprisingly sensitive when it comes to being disliked or distrusted, at least for someone who can be as callous as him. Alfred represses a lot of his emotions, and is prone to bouts of guilt, though obviously that's not something he lets people know about.

He's not interested in rank or politics, though he keeps it in mind. However, his true ambition is power. He wants to be strong, and would do most anything to gain that power. The fact that living as he does, independent and with loose ties, makes him excited as well, and being too tied down might frustrate him. He's not a loyal person, which makes him unpredictable, but he's not one for throwing away his plans on a whim. He prefers everything to go as he thought it would, and gets frustrated and annoyed when it's not going as he wanted it to, but he's also secretly fond of the excitement and rush that comes with such a situation. He recognizes that working together with Gato is his best shot right now, and it's not exactly a place he wants to piss off. To further this, he's made a deal with the leaders of Gato, a contract of sorts, which gives him the possibility to act more freely, in exchange for his services and a non-violent pact against Gato or their people. To break this contract would result in him being hunted down and likely killed.

Powers:

Alfred's powers are divided into three cathegories; the wind powers he got from the demon deal, the extraordinary eyesight he got as a "bonus", and his own magical power. The wind powers are protective, agility based and supportive in nature, focusing on shielding him and giving him the ability to fly. His own magical energy is sharp, painful and powerful, potent and dangerous not only to be attacked by, but especially to himself. With the wind abilities its intense nature is altered into a soft, guarding power. The more of his magical energy he uses, the more his eyes glows blue.

Enhanced Eyesight and Hearing: Alfred has enchanted eyesight, a gift from the demon as he was quite nearsighted. He can see about 10 times further than a normal human if he wants to. He also has the ability to hear things from far away, as he has the wind carry the sounds to him.

Wings of Air: Alfred is capable of flying. Rather than levitating, it's more like actual wings made of wind energy. He can't carry anyone else while flying.

Cutting Winds: Alfred can cut into items and people quite easily by using some of his magic in its natural form and mixing it into the slashes of wind. Though the cuts wouldn't be deep enough to, for instance, cut someone's head off, they'll still make someone bleed.

Gale of Support: Alfred can shield both himself and his allies, using a wind that pushes everything that comes at them outwards. The wind also somewhat naturally protects him, stopping those who try to attack him from behind or one of his sides, which means it's difficult to catch him off guard. He can make the wind enhance his or others' movements or add some extra weight to an attack. It can also keep a wound closed for a little while, though it won't heal anything.

Devastating Tornado: His least favourite spell, this is a last resort kind of ability. A large, destructive tornado that rips apart that which gathers around him. Alfred doesn't like it, as it is unpredictable and he can't control it. He'd have to be truly desperate to even consider it.

Skills:

Photographic Memory: Alfred has photographic memory and can remember everything he's seen, read or heard. This makes him useful for scouting and spying, with the added bonus of that he'll instantly notice is something is different from how it was. It can make it difficult to focus on one detail, though, and especially horrible sights will be forever burned into his memory.

Natural Genius: Even without his photographic memory, he'd still be an extraordinary genius. Alfred is naturally skilled in most activites involving his brain and thinking, though he does have a habit of over-complicating things. He's also bad at seeing things from other people's perspectives, and fails to take strong emotions into consideration. He can fluently speak four languages, which are English, Welsh, French and Japanese.

Undercover Agent: Alfred has been undercover for quite a while now, and before going out in the field, he was trained for the task at hand. Having lived as one of Regalia's people while spying on them, he's become very skilled when it comes to pretending he's something he's not. He's good at gathering information, his eyesight and hearing aiding him when it comes to this, and since he generally has a presence that's not very noticable or impressive, he has a habit of overhearing things.

Gun Mastery Alfred has been trained in the use of pistols, and he owns several, though they are at the moment stored somewhere close to the school. The most peculiar one is one enchanted to fire quietly, with bullets that often tears through weak armor. He's very good at hitting his targets, but prefers to take his time when it comes to aiming, and can be somewhat slow in a combat situation, which is why he tends to be high up and allow his shield to deal with whatever comes his way as he tries to make the best kind of shots.

Biography:

The exact reason for why Alfred is such a twisted individual is unknown. He was born and raised like a normal child, and though he proved to be a genius, there was nothing out of note in his behaviour, though is photographic memory did make some things difficult. He was bullied for several years for being somewhat of a teacher's pet, but he also had no issue hiding behind a teacher or using his intellect to cruelly take revenge on his bullies, one of them being pushed down a set of stairs on a cold winter's night and breaking several ribs on the freezing ice. The boy would have died if someone hadn't passed by at the time, and Alfred never could tell if that made him feel bad or not. Otherwise, he got along with his family, went to study at an elite university at age 14, and overall, acted like a model son, despite not wanting to study at all. He was also rather isolated as a child.

As he grew up, his sense of justice and ethics faded, and what remained was the lust for power. He wanted to become someone who could conquer the world if he wanted, who could play with the fate of those who stood in his way, even if he has no real ambition about conquering the world. He just wants the power to do so. An excellent student, taking several degrees at a time, several years younger than his peers, he suddenly dropped out and abandoned everything, mostly because of this empty feeling. After spending half a year as a waiter in France, he found out about something new, about the fact that there was a whole other world outside there, hidden behind layers of society. The supernatural. Amazed at the discovery, the 15 year old soon became intertwined in the fight between humans and monsters, demons and the hunters, while holding no loyalties to anyone but himself. A free soul, well, until he sold it anyhow. Because he found a way to gain power, summoning a demon to give him abilities a human could never dream about. It helps that he already had a strong magical potential, albeit one which was difficult to use. The deal was simple, 15 years of his life for the power. Not that he's planning on having lost those 15 years forever, surely there are means of getting eternal life, means he has access now that he's much stronger. His control over his own magical energy was very bad, though, and after an incident -or actually two- with the Vatican exorcist, he needed somewhere to hide. He was directed to Gato, and he doesn't regret it.

Alfred started attending Gato 2 years ago, but he's not very motivated and he tends to leave to do whatever suits him, so he's not passed first grade. His control has gotten better, though. Not that he couldn't do so with his eyes closed. Being a spy is more interesting than repeating things he has heard before, after all, and besides, Regalia has means he can use further his abilities. He just needs to help the supernatural creatures kill them first.

Notes:

- Alfred pissed off the Vatican back in Europe.
- He's not that likely to betray Gato directly, but he might work towards his own gains nonetheless.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
In the days that followed, Mirabelle ended up making those knockout grenades and, against her better judgement (chemical warfare was tricky to control), ended up making the toxin grenades that Juliet asked for, mostly out of sudden nervousness over the thought of needing them and not having then just due to her own views. Still, such nervousness wasn't surprising to her now, especially with the revelation that the enchantments Sierra put on her were still in place, cementing her fears and causing her to become jumpy and overcautious again. Still, at least they had gone through the trouble of making her a suit anyways, apparently for no other reason than to cover for any unknown problems like her's. Deep down, she wondered if Seth had come to the same conclusion as she did, if that was the actual reason she had one of those uniforms, if he had forseen this when they were getting prepared and made sure to get one done up for her. She found it unlikely...but still, it was his suggestion that she get enchanted in the first place. Maybe the presentation jogged his memory of that. Either way, she was glad she had the suit for the time being.

Anyways, apparently they had decided to park a little bit away from the building and just sneak up to it the rest of the way. Apparently, they had done this last time with the cultists but she payed little mind to that. Instead, she decided to go over the grenades that she had made to Sol and Juliet again, mostly because they were the most likely to be separated from the group and she wouldn't be able to make sure that they were using them right. Besides, she had only gotten them done the day before so she figured that it was a good idea to go over them again anyways.

"...so you just flick this metal holder (behind the trigger) down, press down the trigger, and throw it within five seconds. The trigger will cause this nozzle to start sucking in air, thus oxidizing the mixture and starting it's conversion to gas. Once it reaches five seconds, the air and the expanding mixture will cause it to explode and quuckly spread the gas over a five to ten foot radius. Don't worry about breaking the glass when you throw it, it will just cause it to expand a few seconds slower. Just make sure you guys arn't in the radius of it. Also, Juliet, the mixture in those grenades isn't like the one i used in the demon realm. I designed it to be breathed in and adhere to the lining of the lungs and use the circulatory system to poison them quickly, not melt people, so it may have a slight delay before working, especially on larger targets so make sure you compensate for that. Anyways...any questions?

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol spent most of the days going over the plans for the building, planning and talking about his ideas, as well as running through the simulation when he could. Most of it with the others in the group, of course. He had a pretty clear path to the security room, but it all depended on a few things. He had decided to try climbing and lock-pick a window in a small, unimportant room where the window seemingly opening on its own wouldn't be that easy to notice.

Worst case scenario, I still have the charger.

The rest of his time had been spent with Luke, getting back together was almost like falling in love again, though it was mainly because they had missed each other. Once, during a lecture, Sol had even gotten called out by the professor for being a little too occupied with flirting with Luke as opposed to paying attention, but he'd, somehow, managed to solve the calculation he had been asked to and gotten away with a bit of a conversation after class.

Luke hadn't felt very sorry for Sol either, just told him he deserved it for being distracting, even seeming a little sour.

Regardless, Sol and Luke had been on good terms when Sol left for the mission, and now he was mostly waiting. Suddenly, he and Juliet was called over by Mira, and he followed, wondering exactly why he and Juliet was being singled out. As soon as they both got there, Mira started explaining how the grenades worked.

"...so you just flick this metal holder (behind the trigger) down, press down the trigger, and throw it within five seconds. The trigger will cause this nozzle to start sucking in air, thus oxidizing the mixture and starting it's conversion to gas. Once it reaches five seconds, the air and the expanding mixture will cause it to explode and quuckly spread the gas over a five to ten foot radius. Don't worry about breaking the glass when you throw it, it will just cause it to expand a few seconds slower. Just make sure you guys arn't in the radius of it. Also, Juliet, the mixture in those grenades isn't like the one i used in the demon realm. I designed it to be breathed in and adhere to the lining of the lungs and use the circulatory system to poison them quickly, not melt people, so it may have a slight delay before working, especially on larger targets so make sure you compensate for that. Anyways...any questions?"

"Nope," Sol said, and looked at grenade in Mira's hand. "I mean, I certainly wonder what makes it work and I got perhaps half of your explaination, but I got how to use it, and really, isn't that the most important thing?" he said, and grabbed a couple of them on his own, before giving her and Juliet a grin and a brief salute.

"Thanks Mira. Now, I should head out, no use standing around." He went over to Vik, looking the other over with an slightly uncomfortable grin. He missed his hat. And his coat. And this uniform felt stuffy and itchy in all the bad ways, even though it wasn't actually so. He was just eager to get going, and not used to the new fabric.

"So, big boss, can I head out yet? The less time we spend standing around, the better." Sol then held out his hand, expecting the communicator he'd left with Vik. Normally he wouldn't have, but he'd admitted, hesitantly, that if he was free to go on his own, he'd probably make his own judgement and go as soon as possible. "Just give me permission, and I'll get a bit closer to see if there's an open window, then I'll give you a brief beep before I head inside and get to the security room. Then we follow the plan from there, people approaching from different directions and such."

A lot of the other details had been ironed out by the others, which was fine, Sol didn't exactly own the plan.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
--- INCOMING COMMUNICATION ---​

Gawain Lead: Commander Raziel, this is Squad Gawain reporting in. We have arrived at the target location and are in the process of setting up to assist, Over.

Raziel: Good, very good. Maintain overwatch on the location, and only intervene when necessary. We do not want to spook Regalia into a retreat and risk losing their scent, Over.

Gawain Lead: Understood Commander, Over.

Raziel: One more thing Gawain, I shall not be joining you on the raid, Over.

Gawain Lead: Sir?

Raziel: As you know, I have a... reputation with Regalia, if they caught sight of me, they might try and escape, Over.

Gawain Lead: Understood Sir. Will keep you updated with our progression. Over and Out.

--- COMMUNICATION LINE SEVERED ---​

With that, Daniel closed the lid on his laptop and stowed it away in his office before leaving to join the others who would be sticking around Gato. Over the last three days, he had been in contact with Headquarters and requested that a squad be deployed to a location near where Regalia's regional base was. They would intervene and assist the assault team should they encounter fierce resistance.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
William

Leading up to the day of the mission, William had been studying and training. Studying different types of weapons and how they function so he had a better understanding of how they work when he transformed. While he sparred and trained with different students at Gato when he had some down time.

Now he was trying to calm his nerves while waiting for the mission to start. While it wasn't as bad as the demonic mission, he hated the whole waiting period of the mission to start. 'I just wish we could get this started already...' He thought to himself. Going over the plan in his head that they went over. He hoped that everyone was going to come out of it alright. As he checked the time again and sigh lightly.

"Any questions?"

He heard Mira finish up her new invention. Shaking his head as Will replied "None from me."

Tomas

Tomas was already in his semi-dragon form as he was on his feet, kneeling down somewhat. His dark blue scales covering his entire body. His wings pin up on his back as he didn't like having them fully out. Watching the others as they chatted among themselves. That or they were just trying to pass the time until the mission was a go.

"Any questions?"

"No, you explained it pretty well. Thanks Mira." Tomas said as he looked over the grenade she made.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Viktor was standing over a table that had the floor plans of the target laid out on it, running how the operation was supposed to go through his head. The biggest thing that bothering him at the moment was that the plans he was looking at were close to a decade old and he highly doubted Regalia had left the floor plan that he was looking at as it was?or had bothered to get permits from the local gov before they made their changes.

As he started to ?run? it again, his phone vibrated with a text message from a local Clan asset.
Watcher in position, no movement on location.
Second group setting up to observe target, ID?d as ?Order of Caliban?. Definite strike team.
What?s the Order doing out here? He thought for a moment, before a realization struck him and he laughed softly. You dumbass, Daniel sent for them. Shaking his head he sent a reply.
Order is non-hostile, maintain cover. Passive observation and SigInt authorized.
With that little diversion dealt with, he returned to what he?d been doing.

"So, big boss, can I head out yet? The less time we spend standing around, the better. Just give me permission, and I'll get a bit closer to see if there's an open window, then I'll give you a brief beep before I head inside and get to the security room. Then we follow the plan from there, people approaching from different directions and such."

?Alright then.? He replied, looking up. Grabbing a radio from the collection on the table, beside the floor plans, he handed it to Solomon. ?Assault team is on channel One Three, Extraction in on One One. Try not to get yourself killed?I?m not fond of the thought of your ?mom? coming after me?for that at least.? He added with a grin.

Yvette

They?d run through several days of practice, and now everything was set, so with nothing to do other than wait, Yvette found a somewhat quiet area where she could pace and try to burn off some of the nervous energy she had. It wasn?t really working, but it was marginally better than sitting in on place.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet had made an effort to participate in the training, in spite of how much it began to bore her after the first few practice runs. She knew what she was doing after all, and she couldn't help but feel like training was a bit pointless given that they couldn't predict how the enemy would react. Still she made an effort, she supposed she had to if she wanted to advance herself as a leader for the group. Besides it gave her occasional opportunities to tease Will and other members of the group in between practice runs.

That didn't mean she was all business of course, the team could hardly train 24 hours a day and she wanted to be sure she stayed fully charged for the upcoming mission. One of the twins had started dating a Naga girl that week and was thus unavailable but the other was more than happy to fill in for the both of them. He was left thoroughly, if pleasantly, exhausted by the end of the second night. In the meantime other plans advanced, her imps reported back to her having begun to worm their way into the services of various higher ranking demons and already information was flowing back to her. They were such overlooked creatures that they were allowed to overhear all sorts of juicy tidbits. For the moment she had nothing to act on but plans were beginning to take shape.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...so you just flick this metal holder (behind the trigger) down, press down the trigger, and throw it within five seconds. The trigger will cause this nozzle to start sucking in air, thus oxidizing the mixture and starting it's conversion to gas. Once it reaches five seconds, the air and the expanding mixture will cause it to explode and quuckly spread the gas over a five to ten foot radius. Don't worry about breaking the glass when you throw it, it will just cause it to expand a few seconds slower. Just make sure you guys arn't in the radius of it. Also, Juliet, the mixture in those grenades isn't like the one i used in the demon realm. I designed it to be breathed in and adhere to the lining of the lungs and use the circulatory system to poison them quickly, not melt people, so it may have a slight delay before working, especially on larger targets so make sure you compensate for that. Anyways...any questions?"

Juliet nodded "I'm glad you were able to get it to work," she said "My only question is how far the gas will spread before it loses potency, just want to be sure none of us catch the rest of the group with one if we have to use it."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Alright then."

Yes! Finally.

He quickly looked over the radio and placed it in one of the pockets of the uniform. He had to admit he wasn't displeased with the number of pockets on the uniform, but that was about the only thing he liked about it.

Well, it actually fits as well. And it doesn't look half bad.

Still, he really missed his coat, but it would've been too warm to have on top of it.

"Assault team is on channel One Three, Extraction in on One One. Try not to get yourself killed...I'm not fond of the thought of your 'mom' coming after me...for that at least."

"Uhm, okay," Sol said. "Congratulations, she's not my real mom but you still made me feel uncomfortable. Considering I'm not exactly a prude, that's a decent accomplishment," he said -a little sarcastic and a little earnestly impressed-, and stretched.

"And I'm not going to get myself killed, don't worry. My part in this is relatively safe compared to the rest of you guys, once I'm inside I'll likely be fine, unless you guys alert them or something."

He pretended to pull down an invisible version of his hat and gave Vik a quick grin before he got his mind set on the mission completely. He needed to get closer to the target location, using the nearby vegetation to hide himself as opposed to using his amulet as he approached. He'd need what charge he had for it, and, if his estimations had been correct, he'd be inside without the charger, though, of course, there was so many different things that could change that, and besides, the important thing to remember about windows was that if you could see them, then they could see you too. It wasn't always true, but it was a good rule of thumb regardless.

Sneaking closer to the building, he looked towards the windows on the nearest side, but no luck. On the side left of that one, he had to step a little out of the bushes to get a decent view of the windows, and quickly activated his amulet, looking up towards the windows.

Hm, I suppose it's a bit of a long shot, they're supposed to be a secret... hey there, beautiful,

He thought as he saw that a window on the fifth floor was open. Close to the stairs inside too. "Now that's a sight for sore eyes," he muttered, stepping back into the bushes and contacting Vik to let him know he was heading inside through an open window on the fifth floor, and would be making his way down as quickly as possible. He then activated his amulet and quickly stepped forward. He'd have to climb, since there were no security stairs on this side of the building, but Sol was a quick climber and it wasn't too far up. He was happy no one could hear him when he used is amulet though, that meant he could climb much, much quicker.

At three minutes he had gotten inside, and was currently headed towards the stairs. He'd ended up in a hallway, which meant no doors to open before the glass door in front of the stairs. He quickly made his way through it and down the stairs, and to the second floor. For a brief moment he had to walk slower, there being a group of people in front of him, but they were headed down to the first floor, and he stopped and allowed his amulet to be recharged -without deactivate it of course- before pressing on. He now had 2 minutes.

Now, the most difficult thing would be to get into the security room, and he spent a brief moment considering how to do it, before he decided to just plainly opening the door, slowly, and taking the person inside out. The other person was too busy keeping an eye -lazily though- on the different cameras. Sol carefully locked the door, and stepped forward.

Nothing personal against you dude, but your group is sort of terrible.

He knocked the other guy out and started tying him up. Not because he was opposed to killing, Sol had done it before and these guys definitely were in the wrong, but because he didn't want to risk something shutting down and him not having access to the password. For now, though, he made sure the other wouldn't be able to talk when/if he woke up.

Then, he locked the door to the security room and deactivated his amulet, with only 1 minute left.

"Sol here, I'm done setting up," Sol then said, talking to the group. "I kept the security guy alive in case I need a password or something, but he's knocked out and tied up. There's no guards outside, but there's a group of people on the first floor, so be ready for that. The target is on the third floor, there's two people with him, over."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
As Daniel patrolled the college, he passed by various uniformed members of Gungir talking amongst themselves or transporting various pieces of equipment throughout the campus grounds and gave a cursory wave to those that were able; he had spotted Yvette earlier heading in the opposite direction, surprised he was, that she hadn't gone with the others to the mission, he would have to check in with her later to see what was up.

He stopped momentarily, getting a sense of something that was coming but couldn't quite place its source.

'Probably just the heightened emotional state of everyone around.' He thought before carrying on.

Eventually, Daniel entered the group common area and discovered Sierra surrounded by an assortment of various mechanical components along with what looked to be a few half completed models similar to ones she had displayed earlier.

"Hey Sierra, surprised to see you here, but glad to see you none the less. Working on those miniature mechs of yours I take it?" He asked as he walked closer.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Sol here, I'm done setting up, I kept the security guy alive in case I need a password or something, but he's knocked out and tied up. There's no guards outside, but there's a group of people on the first floor, so be ready for that. The target is on the third floor, there's two people with him, over."

"Erhhhh, ok. Copy that? ...or is it Roger that?" Mira said, trying to figure out the right terminology to respond with. Luckily, Viktor stepped up and responded, giving them the order to move up. Noding to that she began to try her best and creep up silently. Of course, weighing some 500 pound, give or take 50, this was still a hard task for her to accomplish, even with the training. Luckily, it didn't really matter right now...or at least, not as much as just being spotted. Still, she felt that she should keep it up either way, so that she didn't become too relaxed and end up accidentally giving them away with an idle and inattentive stomp.

Getting up to the building, she quickly found a door and started trying to get an idea of what she did next. During training, she had tried a large assortment of options whenever she had to breach a door, throwing fake grenades, smashing the door and rushing in, smashing through the wall next to it, etc., with varying levels of success...but now? She tried looking back at the others to see if they had any ideas or suggestions of what she should do or, preferably, see if anyone else wanted to take over...and heard the knob on the door start to turn. She paniced for a moment before moving to the side and letting the guy open the door.

There seemed to be two men, both with no visible weapons on them. One had a cigarette in his hands and the other had what was presumably the rest of the carton in the other. They were laughing to each other about something and not really paying attention, which is unfortunate since at that moment Mira spun around from the side and grabbed both by the neck, lifting them and smashing their heads together, knocking one out. The other was dazed by this but that soon ceased as Mira quickly lifted him up futher, smashing his head up against the door frame, killing him. Afterwards, she tossed both to the side (outside the building) and looked into the room they had just come from. Seeing noone else in the room, she signaled 'all clear to the others and motioned for them to move up.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Hey Sierra, surprised to see you here, but glad to see you none the less. Working on those miniature mechs of yours I take it?"

Sierra looked toward the sudden voice, seeing Daniel, she smiled, 'waved' with her nippers still in hand. "Aye, been catching up on the Iron Blooded Orphans line." she said as she put what looked to be a large cannon of some sort together. "The one I'm working on right now is Flauros [https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/714Z2IjK1dL._SL1483_.jpg]." She said point the partly completed cannon at the gaudy pink Mobile Suit on the table. "I've got one other completed, Astaroth, but, that one is special." She said, then paused. "Case your wondering why your ... 'old friends' names are coming up, they named all of the actual Gundam after the now mostly dead, Demons who's names are found on the Lesser Key of Solomon. There's an important plot related reason for it though, but I'll spare you the details, least I chew your ear off for the next hour or so with Gundam trivia." she said with a little smirk.

"So, what brings you 'round here today? Making sure Seth isn't up to something, which, he probably is, let just be honest about that, or just checking up on things." She asked. "Or did you get the same gut feeling me and Dad got about 'something happening'?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Aye, been catching up on the Iron-Blooded Orphans line." Replied Sierra with a wave whilst handling a pair of pliers. "The one I'm working on right now is Flauros." She added, directing the Angel's attention towards a partly completed weapon of some description and a mecha body coloured in a bright pink and white design. Daniel had no idea of what she meant by 'Iron-Blooded Orphans' though.

"I've got one other completed, Astaroth, but, that one is special." Sierra said, then paused momentarily.

"Case you are wondering why your ... 'old friends' names are coming up, they named all of the actual Gundam after the now mostly dead, Demons who's names are found on the Lesser Key of Solomon. There's an important plot-related reason for it though, but I'll spare you the details, least I chew your ear off for the next hour or so with Gundam trivia." She then added with a little smirk at the end.

Ah, Gundam, so Iron-Blooded Orphans must be the name of a series within that anime. I thought the designs looked like something from out of that show.

"So, what brings you 'round here today? Making sure Seth isn't up to something, which, he probably is, let just be honest about that, or just checking up on things. Or did you get the same gut feeling me and Dad got about 'something happening'?"

"More so the latter than the former Sierra; got a sense of something approaching the college on my way here, can't quite get a fix on it, though. That and well, me and Regalia have history, a history that might cause them to retreat if they saw me coming. And you don't need to remind me of the Lesser Key, I was the one who comprised the volumes for the Angels back in the day.

Though for some, it was more like a demonic version of the Deck of 52 [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most-wanted_Iraqi_playing_cards] used by the United States back in 2003. From King Bael all the way down to Count Andromalius. Not surprised though that Japan has used such names in their anime; after all, Evangelion did the same thing with Angels and other divine beings."

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
William

William moved up after Mira gave the all clear signal. Seeing her handy work as he felt his stomach turn from the one corpse with his head smashed. Though he just looked away and gave a small nod at Mira. "Good job.." he kept quiet. He wonders if he should turn into his gun form now so one of the others could use him if need be. "Should I go gun form now? or wait?"

Tomas

Tomas follows with the rest of the group. Wondering if they anyone will need to be flown to the roof of the building. Keep up with the others as the small group converse towards Mira's opening. Looking over to the two guards that had the poor luck of running into Mira.

"Are we splitting up or all continuing inside?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Assault Team

with the way in secured, Victor gave the order for every one to go in, and that they'd secure each floor before moving on. Sol, was given the task of guiding letting them know where each hostile was and guiding them to the target.

There was this feeling nagging at him though, something was not right, so he added to keep an eye out, and for Sol to keep an ear out for anything strange.

Gato

Sierra smirked "But Eva is horrible and stuff full of characters best tossed feet first into a wood chipper. But yeah, anime like to take liberty's with mythology. Hell, the Mobile Armor from the same season of Gundam as then 'demon lords' are all named for the different choir of Angel, with the first introduced being Hasmmal."

It was just then then heard the sound of gun shoots out side, fallowed by a new, semi artificial sounding voice, coming from Sierra's phone. "Mistress Valentine, I have been monitoring Gungnir's communications as you requested. It seems a patrol has come under attack. Likely this Regalia group. Force size unknown."

Sierra started packing away the incomplete model into it's box. "Where they attacking from?" the voice was quiet a moment. "The South, and new report says West as well." The voice replied. "Good job Jordis, keep me posted." she said as she slipped a pair of bracelets on and the HUD from the enchantments she used to control her Gunpla appeared around her. "Guess your gonna get to see what makes Astaroth 'special'." Sierra said as she went through a start up phase. "I'm going to go after the ones coming from the West, so I'll leave the South to you." she added.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol made sure to check twice every time they made it to another room, it was his responsibility to make sure this went smoothly. And he was sure it'd be fine, they would make their way through the first and second floor with little issue. The third floor was the one that would be tricky, not because there were a lot of people there -there were only 4 individuals- but because that was where the target was. Sending everyone in would be a bad idea, that much he could tell.

"Are we splitting up or all continuing inside?"

"I'm gonna have you split up somewhat."

So, how many goes where?

Ideally, he could send everyone in to clear each their floors, but that was risky too.

Hm, how many do I want to send after the target, though?

One person would be enough if they were stealthy enough, and that meant Juliet---

His mind suddenly stopped and he told the others to standby as he heard some radio crackle and looked up. He'd not noticed that the radio in the room was turned on -a stupid oversight- and as he reached to turn it off, he heard they mention the school. An attack at the school? Now? Was that some sort of coincidence? Or...

No, it had to be a coincidence. Still, the school was being attacked. That meant, well, people were in danger. Luke was in danger. He sighed, calming himself, though, what would he tell the others?

I can't tell them about the school, it could distract them.

Which meant he had to lie. Or just not give any details, they didn't know he had heard anything at all. Noticing that they'd already moved on, had they been forced to? No, he hadn't heard anything through the communicator, nothing that seemed like distress anyhow. They had probably consulted Vik then, which was fine, he supposed. He had given been giving Vik an overlay of the location of people when he had first arrived, and it seemed it had gone well. Still, when he said standby, he'd meant... well, it didn't matter now.

Who's the one at the risk of getting distracted, huh.

He decided not to address it, they needed to keep going.

"Okay, I'm back. Anyhow, I'm thinking we're far enough in for us to split up. I want Juliet and Will to go for the third floor, and then I want Tomas and Mira to clear out the fourth floor. I'll guide both of you. After the target has been secured, I'll call for pick up to come get him, and then we'll take it from there." He looked at the other radio. It was quiet now, but he was sort of scared, what if he heard something from it? What if he heard the words "mission complete" or "the location has been silenced" or whatever jargon they'd use to say everyone was dead?

Sol, that's not going to happen. Just get this thing done with, as safely as quickly as possible, and then you can go protect your boyfriend. Stop. Getting. Distracted.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"But Eva is horrible and stuff full of characters best tossed feet first into a wood chipper. But yeah, anime like to take liberties with mythology. Hell, the Mobile Armor from the same season of Gundam as then 'demon lords' are all named for the different choir of Angel, with the first introduced being Hashmal." Sierra said with a slight smirk.

"Ah yes, the Hashmal, the living energy," Daniel remarked, he was about to continue on, before the sound of gunshots interrupted his train of thought, followed by an artificial sounding voice coming from Sierra's phone. From what he assumed, it was some kind of artificial intelligence that Sierra had created, and was keeping tabs of Gungir's communications, and it had picked up word of a patrol being under attack, possibly Regalia.

Sierra then put on a pair of bracelets and a visor of some kind, and judging from how her mechs reacted when she put them on, it was some sort of control apparatus. "Guess you're gonna get to see what makes Astaroth 'special'."

"I'm going to go after the ones coming from the West, so I'll leave the South to you."

"Right, whilst you're off doing that voodoo, that you do, so well; I'll inform the others that are still here at Gato about the situation whilst I'm on en route. Good luck." With that, Daniel headed out of the common room and towards the South end of the College, headings towards where he saw Yvette last. Along the way, he sent a message to both Seth and Karis:

"Don't know if you two are aware, but we got visitors inbound, and not the nice kind either."