Gato Community College. (game thread)

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet laughed. "Well you might want to get your stuff moved in first, but yeah I don't have any issues doing it with a teammate. Not that I've had anyone on the team take me up on it so far, but hey that's their choice."

"Really? None of them?" He raised an eyebrow. "What'd you do to scare them?" he just looked at her for a brief moment, just for emphasis. Then he chuckled. "Nah, I'm just kidding. And I might be considering it. Be a waste not to, at least."

He started folding her clothes together and putting them in a pile, preparing them to be moved. "So, you mind if I ask some questions about the others then?"

She smiled and continued cleaning off the bed and desk, mostly tossing things over her should to be hung up or tossed somewhere else later.

"Go ahead."

He handed a pile of clothes over to her. "Right, so, lemme see... any of them you get along especially well with? I feel like that'd be a good place to start."

"Hmm, well Sol's probably the most personable of them. Sierra's been gone a while but she's always been alright, used to room with her before she had to leave for training or something like that. Other than that I get along decently with most of them, Tomas is maybe the only one who outright acts like he dislikes me but then he seems to do that for anyone who knows what fun is."

She smirked "I know you've only just joined the team but I'm sure you've already got some impressions formed, what's your take on everyone so far?"

"My take?" Alfred gave her a shrug. "I don't have much of one yet, that's why I'm asking questions. I could've found out more before I got it, but that's no fun, right? I want to know what you guys think of each other, and what you're like." He smiled innocently and sat down on the bed.

"So, Sol first then. He's a hunter, right? What's he like? I got a bit of a mixed feeling of him."

"Friendly, independent, can be a bit cautious," she shrugged and leaned against the wall opposite the bed "I suppose he's clever, more so than most of the team at least. I suppose he has to be seeing as he doesn't have any personal magic."

Alfred kept folding clothes while he sat on the bed, and he nodded. "I'd reckon so. No magic, independent... Kinda odd that he's here, given his occupation. Do you know why he is here? If he's independent he's not here on behalf of anyone, right? And, you know. What's the thing with the hat?"

"You'd be better off asking him, about both of those, I haven't pried too much into his business."

She frowned briefly, perhaps that was something she ought to look into more. Then again she doubted it concerned her, and she already had enough on her plate with her own schemes.

"That's fair, I figured I should just try either way." He noticed that she frowned, but didn't say anything about it. "So, Sierra? That's the tall girl, right? The one who thought it'd be funny if we stayed in the same room?"

"Yep. I think she expected you to squirm or be nervous about the prospect like Will would be."

"Oh, I'll have to know what you mean about that later, but first; What's Sierra like?"

"She's a jerk, but in a good way. Keeps to herself a lot, doesn't take shit from people, that sort of thing. Oh yeah, and she's way too into some of those robot shows, I forget the name."

She thought for a moment and then added "Oh and her dad's been around sometimes, big demon knight guy, called Karis. Can't tell you much more about him but he seemed like a bit of an ass."

"Oh, him. Yeah, I've met him. Not sure I can tell you why though. Sadly there's secrets I need to keep because of what I saw while undercover. Anyhow, the others? Will, and Mira, and Daniel, and Tomas? What they're all like? What can they do?"

"Lets see, well Will is mostly a nervous kid, he's gotten a bit better about that I suppose but still. As for powers he can turn into metal, shape himself into different things like armor or weapons. Mira does alchemy, but you already knew that, she's pretty level headed and I don't think I've ever seen her panic."

She paused to collect her thoughts before continuing "Daniel was one of the more recent additions to the team before you, he's acts serious pretty much all the time, which I guess makes sense seeing as he's an angel or something like that. Tomas is half-dragon so he does, like, dragon stuff. Takes himself way too seriously and is a bit of a fun-killer, so yeah dragon stuff."

Alfred considered everything Juliet said, it said something about the others, and it said something about her, and he was starting on his picture of the what the team was like. "Dragon, half demon, angel, succubus and so on... interesting group." He smirked.

"So, how about you? What can you tell me about you?"

"My favorite subject," she said, half-joking "I'm just a girl who likes to have fun. More seriously what in particular do you want to know?"

"Well, what are you doing here? What are you studying? What can you do?Who are you as a person? Anything, really," he tilted his head. "Oh, and if you have any questions for me, I could answer some in return for your answers."

"As for what I can do a whole bunch of things, shapeshifting for one," in demonstration of this she changed her facial features, darkening her skin and sprouting her horns before reverting back "I can look like pretty much anyone I want, and I have a few animal forms as well. I can also fly when I grow wings. I've got some other stuff beyond that but first I want to know what all you can do, I heard you had some sort of air related power?"

"Oh, right onto the power? I can see where your interests lie." He gave her a joking nudge, then smiled.

"Well, it's basically controlling air. I can fly, I can use it against people, but the strongest part of it is that I'm pretty much unkillable. There's a shield, you see, the more pressure you apply to it, the more it resists naturally. So it returns any force that's applied to it. It's just wind too, and somehow it acts instantly, without me even having to think about it." He held his hand out and levitated his phone.

"But yeah, that's what I can do. So, how many missions have you been on? And what have they been?"

"That must come in handy," she mused "as for missions only a few, but one was a trip to the demon world so that was fun."

"Well, it keeps me from dying, so yes, it's very handy," he replied, and handed her the last of the items that belonged to her. "That should be it for your stuff. And yeah, I've heard about you guys going to the demon world." He had to keep himself from calling it hell, considering that it wasn't actually hell. "That's where you're from, isn't it? Was it odd being back?"

"I suppose so, I've never considered it to be my home but there was a sense of familiarity being back there," she said "I suppose maybe it was just because being there makes demons stronger."

"Does that mean you're weaker now than you normally would be?" Alfred asked, trying to keep himself from sounding more interested. He couldn't help it, the aspect of power always made his interest peak up. "Are you the strongest one here? Or is any of the others stronger than you?"

"Heh, and here you were saying it was my interests that lay with power," she teased "yeah I suppose I'm weaker now than I would be there, I'm not going to get into how strong I am compared to the others though that'd be pointless, you can hardly measure power in a vacuum after all."

"Well, I meant more like, who'd beat who in a fight. I mean, you've got to have throught about it, right?" He smiled innocently. "And I'm not that interested in stuff like this, but I got sorta curious now."

"Hmm, no I can't say that I have, but then who plans to have a fair fight anyways?" she said, then nodded to the remaining clothes she was holding "anyways I should get these put away so you can unpack."

She smirked. "Of course if you want we can break in your bed before that."

He looked at her. "You're actually serious? Well. I'd definitely be up for it at some point, but..." he scratched his nose. "If you're not teasing me, I'd be up for it tonight. Right now I should get my room ready and put my bedding on, and, you know. All that."

She laughed "fair enough, I'll leave you to it then."

Alfred nodded. "So, later then? Tonight? You're not fooling me, right?"

"Sure, assuming you haven't changed your mind of course," she said. She had half a mind to deny him later just to tease him, but no she wasn't about to sour things with her new roommate that quickly. Particularly not when she was curious what flavor he might have.

"Ah, yeah. I'll probably not, but you know. I'll let you know if I do. I'll see you in a bit, I need to get my room in order." He walked her over to the door. He examined her, thoughtfully, though his mind was rather chaotic right now. "It was nice chatting, though, Juliet. Thanks for answering my questions."

"Anytime."

He gave her a wave, then closed the door and started going through his suitcase, though he quickly sat down, baffled, body feeling hot and warm and jittery with nervous energy.

"Oh god. Looks like I'm going to have sex with a succubus. I'm going to need a shower."

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
"I could help if you need a partner, though I'm really only good with a sword far as things I could actually help you with."

"As for the attack, I got in on that. At first I sent the Astaroth in. Though I had to step in personally when the leader of the original attack showed up. Dragged him into Limbo, though Seth jumped in with and stole my kill with a soul rending dagger. Jerk."

"He was a bit more durable then I figured he'd be, but he couldn't fight for shit with out those bullets."

Will smile as he looks up at Sierra. "I would like that. I.. I don't know anyone that well to ask to help me train and spare." He blushes a tiny bit. While he is miles better at talking with people, he was still weary of asking newer people for help as he didn't feel like bothering them.

Will smile slowly faded when he heard about the attack on the school. Wondering when will this senseless fighting and killing each other would stop. Though he knew the answer, probably never. Will shook his head and said, " I just wish we would all just get along and not kill each other for once..."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"It'd be nice wouldn't." Sierra said. "But it's not likely to change. Not with out some very questionable methods anyway." She added as one of her Gunpla flew up to her and landed on the table next to her and Will. "Lady Valentine, Her grace is ready to begin." Sierra nodded. "That time already eh. Alright, I'll right there." The gunpla flew back to her room, and Sierra turned to Will. "Look like I have to go to work now. Hit me up when your ready to train, like I said, I'm willing to help with that. But for now, keep your head up, things aren't as bad as they seem sometimes." She said, and headed to her room.

---A couple hours later---
The Following is a Co-Lab is Rawen

Alfred had spent a while getting his stuff out and putting everything in place. Part of that was, of course, him being slightly distracted over what Juliet had proposed. But eventually the last shirt was put into the dresser and he could bring items into the kitchen. Apart from the fancy coffee-maker, it wasn't a whole lot, just some cups, some pans and bowls, he'd not spent a lot of time cooking while living in dorms, and some of it was stuff he'd brought from his time living on his own in Europe.

He prepared the coffee-maker, ensuring that every little part worked, and noted that while the coffee beans looked like they'd been kept well, the various spices would need to be replaced. It was at this point that he happened to notice Sierra. She was a fairly tall girl and had demonic features, so it was difficult to miss her, after all.

"Oh, hi there, Sierra. I've been wanting to talk to you, you got some time?"

"Alfred right?" She said, bee lining the fridge. "Kinda? We'll have to talk in my room cause I'm in the middle of something though." She said as she pulled a drink from the fridge and pop the top on it.

"Sure, that's fine with me. And yeah, I'm Alfred, Alfred Frye." He finished putting the upper lid on the machine on, wondering if she too saw him as unthreatening. It almost seemed like that, with the way she invited him into her room.

"Also, if you want any coffee, the machine's ready now, but it's not gonna make anything fancy before I get the proper ingredients for that. But yeah, lead the way then."

"Not really a 'coffee' person." she said as she lead him to her room. Sierra's room was ... interesting to the outside eye. One wall had shelving with Gundam kits, some that looked like they where just 'out of box' builds, and others looking like she'd taken her time with them, off to the side of that, a table, one with cut marks, and several spots of dried paint on it.

The other side of the room was had books, and a few tomes, as well as several note books, and even a few books on various scientific laws as the relate to 'normal' science. A midst all that, another table, this one clearly used in her magical endeavors.

Hovering off to the side of the 'enchanting table' was a silver sphere. was a few 'displays' underneath it. "Jordis, silent mode, one sided displays only." she said as she entered. 'Jordis' complied and the displays darkened, and Sierra cleared a spot on her bed for him to sit and she took a seat at her enchanting table. "So what did you wanna talk about?" she asked, keeping half an eye on the displays.

Alfred didn't quite know where to start after the walk through the room. He spotted a lot of things that he'd like to take a closer look on, and he was thankful for that he'd be remembering every detail for later.

"Well," he said. "First of all I suppose I'm curious about who you are as a person, and what you can do." He motions for the display. "I mean, you've clearly got pretty special abilities."

She smirked, and tapped on one of the displays. " 'Heinous *****' is often used to describe me. Mostly by idiots that can't handle me not putting up with their shit. Though I'm sure that's not what your after." she said then motioned to the sphere. "Though Jordis here isn't one of mine. I got him while working for the Queens, and he's more of a direct link to them when need be and generally my assistant."

"Oh, cool. What does it do?" Alfred asked, then added; "Oh, and yeah, I wasn't really asking you to insult yourself. When I asked Juliet if there was anyone she got especially along with, you were one of them, she said you're fun. So not everyone thinks that you're a bad person at least."

"I am not at liberty to discuss the functionality of Jordis." She said, her expression and tone saying 'drop it'. "Oh? she thinks I'm fun? huh." Sierra said, somewhat surprised by that. "Woulda figured she'd thought I was to uptight." she said with light chuckle. "Well, I get a long with Will pretty good, and Mira as well."

He noted that the sphere was off topic, and decided to ask more about the latter stuff. "Mira seems like a very pleasant girl," Alfred replied. "Will didn't really say much, so I don't know much about him. I want to talk to everyone in the group, but I'm worried he's going to decline... what's he like?"

"He needs to warm up to you first, he's got some social anxiety. He's a lot better then he used to be though. But he's a nice kid over all." She said, tapping and swiping on a couple of the displays. "Though I thought you wanted to know about me not him." she said in a teasing tone.

"Ah, yeah, sorry. I just wanted to ask since I thought he might be a bit anxious, and I don't want to risk being too forward. Thanks, though, I'll do my best at being a bit more careful with him." He then chuckled. "And of course, you're the one I'm asking." He wondered if he should bring up her father, but decided against it. He didn't know what kind of relationship they had, and prying could get most people in a bad mood.

"So, you work for the Queens, Rozalin and Riviera, right? They're in charge of the Western Kingdom, if I remember correctly. What do you do for them? And, if you don't mind me asking, what kinda abilities do you have? It'd be useful to know for the next mission."

"I'm one of their 'keys', though, I have a few more things on my plate then the average 'key', which means I open things for them." She said. "There's a lot of that I'm not at liberty to discuss. But case your wondering, yes, I am doing something for them right now, and yes, I'm not allow to talk about it ether." She said with a smile.

"My ability's on the other hand. I'm predominantly a 'swordsman', I don't have ability's out side my enchanting, but I'm still getting the hang of them. Going from half demon, to human to 'Ascendant', means having to relearn everything about my own ability's again. But so far I know I have control over heat and cold to some degree."

Alfred gave her an understanding smile, she'd already told him more than he had expected about her job. Her abilities, on the other hand, she did tell him about. Enchanting, swordsman, control over heat and cold, he supposed he would have to see the two latter in action before making any judgement on whether those abilities were useful or not.

"I see, I hope your relearning go well. What's an ascendant, by the way? If that's something you can't answer either, then what do you like to do when you're not working or enchanting stuff? What do you study?"

"Jordis, I forget, am I allowed to discuss that yet?" Sierra asked, and Jordis, after a couple seconds popped up a new window popped up. "Excellent!" Sierra said as the new window vanished. " An Ascendant is an Aether evolved human." a grind crossing her face. "and the 'ancestor' of the beings we know as 'Demons' and 'Angels'. It's naturally not a simple as 'go some where with a lot of Aether and wait, Aether Poisoning is a thing after all. But if done right you 'change'. That said, I'm still in the, and I HATE the term ... 'Larval' stage" Sierra saying larval, like something gross hit her tongue. "So I've actually not finished evolving yet."

"There's more to it, like the type of Aether you use can effect your transformation, for example. But that's a three hour lecture by it self, so I'll skip over the finer details of that." Giggling a bit as she moved a long. "As for what I do for fun" She pointed to the Wall of Gunpla. "You have to ask? Really? Also, Enchanting, and studying ways of improving my enchantments to me is as much a hobby as Gunpla building, and most my study's revolve around that."

But when I don't want to do ether, I've been focusing on figuring out my new powers, not really for the sake of being mission ready but out of my own curiosity at what I can do. I read, and soon I'll be helping Will with his training in place of Victor."

Alfred listened very carefully to what she said, as if he risked missing anything if he didn't. It peeked an interest in him, though more as a possibility rather than a goal. He'd heard about Aether poisoning, and to be honest, for as much as he wanted more power, the thought of becoming something else than human didn't really appeal to him. It just seemed... a little too strange to him.

He also gave her a sheepish smile when she pointed out the obviousness of the mechs on her wall. He wasn't a big fan of shows with big giant mechs, but he could recognize a few of them from his time browsing the internet. Others looked entirely original though.

"I see, sounds like you've been busy then. And will keep being. I think that's the questions I had for you, anything you wanna ask me about before I let you do your work for the Queens in peace?"

"There is one thing that's been bothering me." She started, pushing the displays to the side. "What's a spy doing on an 'Assault Team'? Strikes me as a bit strange they'd put some one like that on a team like this." She asked, cutting right to the point.

"Ah, well, there's a fairly simple explanation for that." Alfred crossed his arms.

"I got sent as a spy because I'm fairly inconspicuous, and because I'm a human who happens to have talents that work well with that kind of job. But I do have powers too. Wind-based ones that can cut and grab others, make me fly and, most significantly, protects me 100 percent, even when I don't know that I'm in danger. It's an absolute protection, it's never let me get hurt. Given that I know how to work a gun and that I've been in situations like this before, they decided to give me a chance. It does, of course, help that I asked to be here so that I could help out the people who made sure my extraction went as perfectly as it did."

He gave her an innocent smile, and uncrossed his arms. "Does that answer your question?"

Sierra sat and listened to Alfred's explanation. It sounded plausible enough, if his powers worked as he said they did, but she still felt something off about his presence on the team. "Yes, it does." She said, deciding, for now at least, to leave the issue be.

"Okay then," he stood up. "Let me know if you've got anything else you want to share, or if you have any questions for me later." He gave her a chance to speak up if she wanted anything else.

"Nothing readily comes to mind, but if I think of something, I'll let you know."

"That's fair. I'll see you around, then, Sierra. It was nice having a chat. I hope we'll get along well." He waved goodbye and left, wondering if he should approach someone else to talk, or take a moment to really think through some of the stuff she'd said.
--------------------------------------------------

Shortly after Alfred left her room, Sierra got a text from Seth saying there would be a team meeting after classes tomorrow.

Fine by her, she'd be tied up with her job from Riviera for a few more hours still.

----Next day after class----

Sierra sat on the couch, waiting for Seth to arrive and start the meeting. She figured it was just a general update meeting, but never can tell for sure these days.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

Sol had just finished up a sudden -their professor had cancelled their lecture due to illness- training-session with Luke when he got back. Luke was with him as well, but the other was going to go back to the bedroom and start working on some tasks the professor had told them they could complete instead while the meeting with Seth was ongoing, and Sol couldn't help but kiss his neck before letting him go.

"I'll probably join you in a while," he said. "Or, you know, I might just copy your work. That's fine, right?" Luke gave him a look that made it quite clear that no, he wasn't going to be copying anyone's answer. Sol gave him a light chuckle and a grin. "Got it."

With that, he made sure to secure his seat in the arm-chair the most to the right, giving Sierra a nod. "Hi there," he said as he kicked his shoes off so that he could sit sideways in the soft chair to be more comfortable. He noticed Al slink in a little later, an unmistakable look in the youth's eyes.

Really, Juliet? Before it's been 24 hours?

He wondered if he should ask about details, but the youth had mentioned being a contractor -which certainly had surprised Sol, what kind of kid made a deal with a demon?- so he supposed the guy could look out for himself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred had certainly gotten to know a bit the short while he had spent with the group. He'd talked to some of them. Juliet, Sierra, Mira he had talked to in depth, learning more about them as people and as fighters, personal projects, those sorts of things. He'd been caught by surprise when he learned that Mira wasn't human, as he had assumed she was, and by Juliet's proposal for sex. He also learned some more troublesome facts, like the fact that Mira was working on a mind-reading homonculus -which sounded both intriguing and threatening all at once- and that Sierra worked for the Queens. Both of these sounded worrying to him, he didn't like it when people worked for several organizations, it made things messy. Through them, he had also learned a little about the others in the group as well, and their former missions. In other words, so far, these personal "interviews" seemed to be valuable.

Overall, his impression of them were good, Juliet seemed cunning, friendly, but ambitious enough to know what she wanted. Sierra was a very direct person, something that likely rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but she seemed honest and had a strong, independent feel to her. Mira was more of a scholar, learned, intelligent, but also very calm and sweet.

Apart from that, he'd also had a briefer chat with Solomon and his boyfriend, Luke. That too had taken him by surprise, he'd thought the American looked more... well, not gay. Or bi. Or whatever. The boyfriend was fit and looked like one of those jocks, but he was apparently both a werewolf and a bit of a nerd. Alfred hadn't gotten the chance to ask Sol the questions, but the hunter seemed friendly enough. Al had understood why Sol'd told him he probably didn't want to room with him. They were very close, and apparently not to kiss in front of others. The hunter especially seemed to take Al's confusion as a challenge, though then again, perhaps that was just how he was.

Alfred had then withdrawn to his room. Not because he wanted to be unfriendly, he'd love to socialize more, but the nerves finally got to him, because, well, unless Juliet was messing with him of course. He'd taken a long shower, getting cleaned up entirely, but he wasn't sure what to expect. He knew how it all worked, but he'd never actually... well, done it. It was really awkward to knock on her door, but he was a good enough actor to keep his expression and tone neutral.

It had been... wow. Yeah. He was sure some of it was the fact that she was an succubus, her entire being was designed for this kinda thing, but it'd felt amazing. He was a little embarassed by his own lack of experience, and Juliet hadn't been above making a mention of it, but he hadn't been too bad, however, as she'd asked him if he wanted to do it another time. And then another. He'd decided that he probably needed to learn how to have decent sex as a spy -at some point it would become relevant, right- and asked her to teach him, which had earned him a chuckle and a "maybe". She'd left his bed towards the early morning, and after another warm shower he'd been so exhausted he'd slept until now. Apparently letting a succubus drain you of your energy made you, well, tired.

Right now he was still a little sleepy, and he started making a cup of coffee, a simple latte with some milk he'd bought at the cafeteria. His hair was a bit of a mess, but that was more the "going to sleep right after showering" part than the sex part. Still, he couldn't help but feel warm and confident as he walked into the common room and took a seat, taking small sips of the coffee while it was still warm.

"Good day, Sierra, Sol," he said, and smiled. "I'm curious about what this is all about, but I assume we wouldn't be meeting if it wasn't important, right? Seth doesn't seem like the type to waste his time."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Juliet arrived at the meeting with a skip in her step, having spent most of the day rather pleased with herself and quite energized. It was nice having someone on the team willing to let her feed, and while Al had been rather inexperienced he'd made up for it in stamina, and his rather distinct flavor, fiery with youthful energy and seasoned by his powers making for an interesting blend she wouldn't mind tasting again. He also made the rather amusing request that she teach him. Someone's been watching too many Bond films. She'd teased him for it at the time, but the idea was amusing and certainly she didn't see any downside to teaching him to be a better lover.

She glanced at him as she walked in, noting that he still looked rather tired. She almost felt bad about that, she hadn't planned on taking quite so much energy as she had from him, but all the same she doubted he'd be forgetting the experience anytime soon. Besides he would recover soon enough, she knew better than to take more than someone could handle.

"Hello everyone," she said, giving a cheerful smile before sitting down.

"I'm curious about what this is all about, but I assume we wouldn't be meeting if it wasn't important, right? Seth doesn't seem like the type to waste his time."

"Heh, well I don't know about that but I wouldn't be surprised to see him waste our time," she said. She wasn't expecting anything special, an update on things maybe an official introduction of Al to the team, another mission so soon seemed rather unlikely.

Then again I'm sure he'd love to work us to the bone given the chance. Given how just about all of us have inhuman endurance he'd probably love to capitalize on it.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
The rest of the day passed largely without any major incidents for Daniel, dropped by the library to return some books he borrowed before Regalia's attack on the College, took a stop at the medical clinic to see how Yvette was doing and to pass on a few messages from Raphael, and took the time to wander the College grounds before returning to his quarters/office to handle a few private matters before setting in for the night.

Following morning, shortly after breakfast, he received a message saying that was a team meeting due soon from Seth. So tidying away his fingers, he made his way to the team meeting room.

Arriving at the place, he could see that he wasn't the first to arrive, given that Sierra, Sol, Alfred and Juliet were already there, a certain succubus having quite the pleased look on her face. Turning to look at Alfred who had a cup of coffee with him, combined with the somewhat groggy look on his face, the Angelic detective quickly put two and two together. Daniel couldn't help but chuckle quietly to himself as he went over to the kitchen to make himself a coffee, given that he hadn't had one in a while. Tea, he thought, was more of a mid-afternoon to early evening drink.

Oh you poor man. Suckered on the first day.

"Morning all, I trust we all had a decent nights sleep? Some more than others apparently." He remarked as Daniel took the chair opposite from the door.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
After that, most of the rest of Mirabelle's day went well. Eventually Alfred came by and she showed him some of her work, mostly the stuff like her extra gears and arms and such that she had created. Soon enough though, she trusted him enough to show him something that she had been working on, something that she wasn't sure she should tell them about yet, yet also knowing that she would have to tell them soon. She showed off a homunculus, not a tall one mind you, just a sixth or a seventh of a normal human's heigth but...well, that was kind of the point. In her class, they went over the fact that in the early days of Alchemy, it was theorised by many that one could make a replica of a human with just alchemy itself, no magic involved, and a few centuries later, someone accomplished just that. Of course, as a demonstration, they made that being fully grown but at 1/7 of a normal man's height, just to help showcase that this was not natural but a miracle born of Alchemy. Ever since that verification that it could be done, it had been used as a final test for apprenticed alchemists to see if they had, in fact, learned from the master well enough to be considered successful, and thus worthy of being considered a genuine alchemist in their own right...which naturally meant that growing one was considered her classes final. They were allowed to make it at any point in the year if they thought themselves ready to do so, so Mirabelle decided to knock that out early, without having to stress over it later.

Of course, she did mention that her teacher allowed her to use some of the material from a mind flayer that she had collected and mentioned that it could probably lead to her experiment being able to read minds, though she assured him that she hadn't used enough to let it control peoples minds. He seemed fine with this though a couple of times she thought she could make out a bit of concern on his face, something she chalked up to worry over mind controlling and thus dismissed since she knew it wouldn't be able to do that. After that, things seemed to go well, with him asking about previous missions and then finally excusing himself, going off to do other, presumably important, things.

The next day, Mira went through all her classes, gave her teacher her weekly report on her homunculus, and then went to another team meeting that Seth was calling. She was honestly getting concerned about the sheer amount of meetings they were suddenly having, mostly due to how many were about fighting Regalia. Still, she would do her duty and so went back to the dorms, getting in to hear Daniel's remark.

"Morning all, I trust we all had a decent nights sleep? Some more than others apparently."

She wondered who that last bit was refering to before she spotted Al, still groggy and seemingly tired. At first she considered what Al could have been doing all night to make him like that...before putting two and two together and suddenly feeling the urge to slap Sierra for even suggesting it...or at least giving her a stern talking to, considering her strength. Still, she was annoyed that such a predictable outcome had happened, knowing that it could have been avoided, knowing that it all spawned from a stupid joke, and trying to remember if there was a rule about Juliet not feeding on team members, vaguely recalling something like that.

In the meantime, she responded to Daniel's question with a simple, "Yes, i did. How about you?"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"Heh, well I don't know about that but I wouldn't be surprised to see him waste our time,"

"Please Juliet, when was the last time any of the higher ups wasted our valuable time?" Sol said, voice dripping with mischievous sarcasm. "It's not like they do that all the time or anything. Still, given that we don't have a leader at the moment, it might be that, so I'd start preparing my "this is why I'm the most viable leader" speech, if I were you. Just in case."

He didn't want to think anymore about it, and luckily he didn't have to, as Daniel entered, poking fun at the new guy.

"Morning all, I trust we all had a decent nights sleep? Some more than others apparently."

Sol raised an eyebrow, he knew that the question was directed at Alfred and Juliet, but he simply snapped his finger.

"Right, sorry if Luke'n I kept you awake, I did that one thing that he really likes, and he always makes a lot of sound when I do that thing that he likes. It's actually really hot, but I didn't take into account that you might hear, sorry."

He gave Daniel an innocent, yet enigmatic grin, letting the other figure out if he was lying or not. He was, by the way, the last time he'd done that with Luke was after the most recent mission, and mainly because he felt bad for not being around to protect Luke.

Sending a look over at Alfred, Sol let the other know they were "even", after Alfred's nice, if failed, attempt to change the topic the day before.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred looked to Juliet as Sol mentioned something about her being a leader. Did she want to be? No, of course she did, she was that type, wasn't she? He wondered if it would benefit him if she was.

Well, on one hand we've just met. Sex isn't much to a succubus.

On the other hand... he could have a chance to influence her, if only because he was the only one on the team willing to feed her, and being able to do that with someone who lived there had to pretty convenient, and convenience could be a powerful tool.

And, we might end up becoming better friends.

Perhaps he should try to support her, if that really did become a topic. If nothing else, showing his support could make her like him better.

Alfred was too tired to pick up that it was directed towards him before he noticed that people were... well, looking at him, probably waiting for the retort. He didn't have much of one, him having sex with Juliet wasn't really any of their business either way. Of course, part of him really wanted to brag. The other part reminded him of that 1. it was sort of tasteless, and 2. picking up a succubus wasn't exactly a daunting or difficult task, and if anything, she'd gotten him.

He heard Mira and Sol's replies. They had gotten who it was directed at, yet they answered, either because it was a more general question, or because they wanted to help him out.

That's actually kinda sweet.

Alfred thought. Now he almost felt bad for wanting to spy on them.

But now I feel like I should mention that I have really good hearing, just so that Sol and his guy knows... but that's one of my greatest tools when it comes to listening in.

Earplugs, then. He looked towards Daniel, having decided to reply to the man with the oddly general British accent. Alfred knew accents, he remembered sounds and words and the way they were twisted very easily, yet he couldn't place Daniel, the accent feeling almost fabricated to him.

He's an angel, isn't he? I remember Juliet mentioning that. Is that a fact that he goes around revealing easily? I kind of doubt it is. Lemme see if he'll tell me if I try to bring up heritage.

"Well, I certainly had a fun night, so I think I'll manage just fine. Thank you for your concern, though, from one Brit to another. Where's your accent from, by the way? I can't place it."

Now let's see what he says.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Yes, I did. How about you?" Mirabelle responded with, before posting the same question back at Daniel.

"Compared to some Mira, mine was uneventful yet pleasant," Daniel replied with a small smile before taking a sip of coffee.

"Right, sorry if Luke'n I kept you awake, I did that one thing that he really likes, and he always makes a lot of sound when I do that thing that he likes. It's actually really hot, but I didn't take into account that you might hear, sorry." Solomon remarked with a sly grin as he attempted at taking the bullet for Alfred; if Daniel was a less observant man, er, Angel, he might have fallen for it.

"That is alright Sol, I appreciate the effort you take in keeping people's spirits up."

'Might as well play along for a moment' Daniel said to himself as he looked towards Alfred.

"Well, I certainly had a fun night, so I think I'll manage just fine. Thank you for your concern, though, from one Brit to another. Where's your accent from, by the way? I can't place it."

"Glad to see you are not totally drained Alfred, figured the events of the last few days would have been more tiresome for you given the circumstances. As to your question, I have been living in and around London for the last 20 or so years, though I tend to travel a lot on account of work; so whilst my accent sounds British, it doesn't really lend itself to any particular regional dialect."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"That is alright Sol, I appreciate the effort you take in keeping people's spirits up."

"No worries, it made me happy too, we both got our happy endings," Sol smiled, leaning backwards in the chair, using his arms to support his head as he put them behind it. "Besides, I'm a very charitable man, so I don't mind giving people a hand if they need it." He winked, then added; "Well, non-sexual, of course, the sex stuff is for Luke only. Still, I think I've said it before, but if anyone needs anything, I'm up for at the very least listening and giving some advice. I'll help if I can too. I might not always seem like it, since I've got a lot to think about these days, but I do enjoy helping others, and I've got a lot of different experiences under my belt, so I'll lend an ear and some time, should you want it."

He kinda doubted it, but it was important to mention stuff like this every now and then, in case someone did need some help. Besides, with Viktor gone and a new guy there, someone who needed a bit of advice might just decided to let Sol hear them out. And if not, well, then he'd tried, at least, and no one could say he didn't try to help the group out.

But not too much, of course, I don't want them to feel like I'm too responsible or dependable either.

Still, he didn't feel like striking a good balance would be too bad of an idea.

Alfred Frye

"Glad to see you are not totally drained Alfred, figured the events of the last few days would have been more tiresome for you given the circumstances. As to your question, I have been living in and around London for the last 20 or so years, though I tend to travel a lot on account of work; so whilst my accent sounds British, it doesn't really lend itself to any particular regional dialect."

"Ah, that'd explain it," Alfred replied, though obviously that was a lie. While it might have in a "normal" situation, he knew that there was more behind. "Don't worry about me, I was well prepared for going undercover."

Now he was curious, both to see if he could push more information from Daniel before Seth got there -mainly as a game by now- and because he wondered where Daniel had been before that. Whatever was the opposite of the demon-world? Or perhaps hell's opposite, he knew those were separate. He'd not heard much of heaven, but he assumed there had to be something like it.

let's stay on this track for now, can always get into the more complicated stuff later.

"And last 20 years, huh, I'd say that's British enough, but I don't actually have a clue how old you are, so, I can't really say for sure. I'm from Wales, by the way, although that should be pretty obvious, given the accent. Family's from up in the north of Wales, Gwynedd area, so I spent the first five or so years of my life speaking Welsh 90 percent of the time. But then we moved further south and towards England, not too far from Cardiff, so while I kept the Northern accent, English feels more like my main language. It's the one I usually think in. I've heard a lot of accents, though, and I have a keen sense of hearing, and a pretty good memory, so it's a little odd to me that I can't really place yours, even if you do move around a lot. Accents have a tendency to stick, underneath all the other influences. Could it be that English isn't your mother tongue?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Still, I think I've said it before, but if anyone needs anything, I'm up for at the very least listening and giving some advice. I'll help if I can too. I might not always seem like it since I've got a lot to think about these days, but I do enjoy helping others, and I've got a lot of different experiences under my belt, so I'll lend an ear and some time, should you want it."

"I'll take it under consideration Sol, but thank you for the offer, all the same, it is nice to get a fresh perspective on things every once in a while, even to someone like myself," Daniel remarked as he downed the remainder of his coffee before setting the empty mug on a small table to the side.

"I've heard a lot of accents, though, and I have a keen sense of hearing, and a pretty good memory, so it's a little odd to me that I can't really place yours, even if you do move around a lot. Accents have a tendency to stick, underneath all the other influences. Could it be that English isn't your mother tongue?" A small smirk escaped Daniel's lips as Alfred spoke, it seemed this one was trying to press him for information, more so than the others.

"Ah yes, Cymraeg, one of the several languages that had evolved over the years from the proto-language of Common Brittonic, and one of only a few survived the passage of time and integration of various peoples that came to the land; kinda shows you how resilient the Welsh are eh?"

"Regarding your question about the mother tongue, I've been around long enough to know all commonly spoken languages, I chose English because of how widespread it became."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Alfred Frye

"Ah yes, Cymraeg, one of the several languages that had evolved over the years from the proto-language of Common Brittonic, and one of only a few survived the passage of time and integration of various peoples that came to the land; kinda shows you how resilient the Welsh are eh?"

"Yeah, we're a stubborn people," Alfred replied. "It's too bad it's more convenient to use English nowadays, if people were still forced to use Welsh, then at least the north would've been able to keep the language strong. The south has been a lost case for centuries. Too much industrialization and influence from the English."

He wasn't much of a historian, but this was basic, elementary school stuff. Still, it was refreshing to be able to actually talk about home without touching on the topic of his family or anything pesky, like why he was in Japan instead of back in Wales.

"Regarding your question about the mother tongue, I've been around long enough to know all commonly spoken languages, I chose English because of how widespread it became."

"Ooh, intriguing," Alfred mused and crossed his arms. "You look like a human, but I figured not. Seems I was right, which is always fun. Are you opposed to telling me what exactly you are, and what you can do? I mean, it certainly would be useful, should this meeting be something more than just a quick introduction, but I do also know that it is a sensitive topic to some, so I certainly won't pressure you."

He tilted his head, innocently, making sure he seemed as non-threatening as possible. It wasn't as if he was planning to do anything with the information either way, he just wanted to know, and it being difficult to get intrigued him more than any sort of lecture or easily remembered class. It was difficult hiding his interest though, anyone who knew a little about reading someone else would be able to see a couple of things in his eyes. An extremely intelligent, curious mind was reflected in the baby-blue, and right now that mind wanted to dig deeper, learn more. Knowledge about other people was power, and he certainly liked that, he had a sort of hunger that never left, and ever now and then, one could see that too reflected in his eyes.

Those eyes would be the only thing giving it away though, and the rest of his body language was calm, relaxed, even a little laid-back and casual, fitting an easy-going guy just wanting to pass a bit of time with a friendly chat.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Sierra sat and listened to the back and forth between Al and Dan, though not taking part, instead just waiting for Seth to arrive.

Which he never did. Karis showed up in how place, sporting the Gungnir uniform he seemed to favor when not in his armor. Odd to say the least, since there was no mention of him showing up at all let alone in place of Seth.

Karis stood before the Group and cut right to the point. "Seth is currently away, pursuing a lead relating to the intel we acquired from Alfred, and seems to be taking a bit longer then he first thought." He explained, for those wondering where Seth was. "This lead has also robbed you of what we we're going to originally have your team do. However, we are not with out tasks that need doing." He said, pulling a folder from under his arm. "We've received a request for aid from local law enforcement. Seems they are having issues with something they aren't equipped to handle, a seemingly human male, that can 'vanish from sight' right in front of them. Probably fading into Limbo given the eye witness accounts of how he's vanishing." Karis explained, setting the folder on the table, since the team didn't technically have a leader right now. "Also, You will need to decide among you who you believe is qualified to take Victors place as team leader, and this needs to be settled sooner rather then later. You can hold a vote, or I can set up a trail for those interested in the role to under go to test who is worthy of it, since the choice now isn't nearly as it was when Victor was here."

"Any questions?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Ooh, intriguing," Alfred said in response with crossed arms.

"You look like a human, but I figured not. Seems I was right, which is always fun. Are you opposed to telling me what exactly you are, and what you can do? I mean, it certainly would be useful, should this meeting be something more than just a quick introduction, but I do also know that it is a sensitive topic to some, so I certainly won't pressure you."

"It isn't that I am opposed to telling you Alfred, far from it, it is more I do not think we've spent enough time together to where I am comfortable telling you," Daniel remarked before looking around at the others. "Before anyone else comments on that, circumstances were different then, figured something like that wouldn't come up, and I would not be here before anyone figured it out." He then looked back to Alfred.

"As I was saying, Alfred, give us a little time, and I think I would feel more able to talk about subjects of that type." It was shortly after he finished speaking that Karis came into the room. He said that Seth couldn't be here on the account of pursuing a lead based on some intelligence they got from Alfred.

Then came the actual matter behind today's meeting, local law enforcement contacted them about a man who was apparently "disappearing from sight" right in front of them and that Karis suspected it had something to do with the realm of Limbo. With that, he set down a dossier no doubt containing specifics about what was going on, or at least put them into some more detail. Then came strike three, deciding on who should replace Viktor as the team leader.

"Any questions?"

"You could always put your name into the hat for the role of leadership Karis, I mean, you are kinda leading the team already, and you are certainly not lacking experience in the requirements necessary for such a role. As for an actual question, well two questions I guess; Question One, are we sure it is the same person that is been doing a vanishing act? Question Two, have the sightings been all in the same place or has it been somewhat spread out?"

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Any questions?"

"If no one else is willing I will volunteer to lead," Juliet said, "If that means taking some trial then so be it."

No doubt whatever trial would be to ensure she was capable of handling what 'awesome responsibility' Karis no doubt felt leading would be. Probably some combat tests mixed in, it hardly mattered she felt more than capable of passing whatever he might present her with. Besides she doubted anyone else in the team really wanted the job, Sol certainly didn't at least. Daniel, meanwhile, inquired as to why Karis didn't lead himself. Then he wouldn't be able to piss off and be mysterious elsewhere. Besides he's hardly connected to Gato outside of his daughter attending.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Solomon Thorn

"We've received a request for aid from local law enforcement. Seems they are having issues with something they aren't equipped to handle, a seemingly human male, that can 'vanish from sight' right in front of them. Probably fading into Limbo given the eye witness accounts of how he's vanishing."

Sol raised an eyebrow, it sounded a lot like what someone might say about him, though not the limbo part. "I can assure you that's not me," he said, jokingly. He doubted people did believe it was him, but still. "Though I suppose I do have a question; I've heard this Limbo term used several times, but I've never actually gotten an explanation, and, believe it or not, hunters don't really deal with that kinda information, we know how to deal with creatures, but not where they come from or where they go when we've dealt with them. So, ya know. What exactly is Limbo, and how would someone get in and out of it?"

He then listened to Juliet volunteering to the leader position.

"If no one else is willing I will volunteer to lead. If that means taking some trial then so be it."

"That shouldn't be necessary," Sol remarked. "I mean, unless someone else wants to become the leader, and we can't settle it with a vote. But at that point the entire group might as well take the test to make sure, and that just seems like a waste of time. Oh, and for what it's worth, you already know you've got my vote, Juls."

Sol winked at her, she should already know he was going to back her up, and given how intent she had seemed to be when it came to the job, he assumed her "sacrifice" was a far easier one than she was letting on.

"But yeah, either we do a simple vote, or everyone do the trial thing, just so that we can make sure we get the right person, though I have a feeling I know who it'd be either way."

Alfred Frye

"It isn't that I am opposed to telling you Alfred, far from it, it is more I do not think we've spent enough time together to where I am comfortable telling you. Before anyone else comments on that, circumstances were different then, figured something like that wouldn't come up, and I would not be here before anyone figured it out. As I was saying, Alfred, give us a little time, and I think I would feel more able to talk about subjects of that type."

"That's fair, I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't fine with you not wanting to talk about it. I know that a lot of people here have their pasts and their issues, so there's a fine line between showing friendly interest and prying." He took a sip of the coffee, feeling the temptation to go get a snack. "Now, if you excuse me, I need some breakfast snacks," Alfred said and went to get something sweet. He picked up a pack of double chocolate pockies and started eating them on the way back. He just got there in time for Karis to enter.

Huh, Seth was the one who called us in, wasn't he?

"This lead has also robbed you of what we we're going to originally have your team do. However, we are not with out tasks that need doing."

"You say that as if that's a bad thing," Al replied as he yawned. "Ah, sorry for yawning, but really, I'm hurt, here I go undercover and all I get is blame." He listened to the information about the mission, but didn't have any questions apart from the ones already asked. Instead he decided to show his support for Juliet after Sol had done it.

"Yeah, I'm sure Juliet's a good leader, so I'd vote for her too. Of course, trials could be fun too."

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Both Will and Tomas arrive when everyone else was chatting among themselves. Will waving at them and Tomas nodding towards them. Both not wanting to disturb them while they chatted. As they did so, it seems Karis was taking Seth place for today to give them updates. Saying how a man keeps disappearing before everyone eyes and how it could be connected with the Limbo realm.

"Any questions?"

Will

Will ponder a bit as he raised his right hand. "um..what are we going to do with the disappearing guy?" Will wonder. The track record so far of keeping low wasn't the best so far. Most of their mission ended with either some or a lot of people dying in the process. So to Will, this was a bit of an odd mission to send a group for. "A-also..I don't mind if Juliet the leader either."

Tomas

Tomas rolled his eyes a bit at Alfred. It seems the succubus' fangs already sunk into him before he even knew about it. He wonders how the man will act once she was done playing with him and move on to her next fling within the school. Though he returns to the mission at hand and wonders why they were going to send the entire group out, at least what it seem so far. If they were only going to send out at max three, Tomas was fine with this.

It just seems like a simple job and didn't require much, but perhaps there was more then what Karis was giving. Before Tomas could ask a question, it seems Will already ask the main one for him. Sitting back as he waits for the answer. "I have no opinion of who leads the team. Just that they have a good head on their shoulders to do so.."

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
It seemed that no one really expected that Karis would be coming instead of Seth. Still, it didn't seem bother anyone that much since they moved on to talking about what Karis had said about the boy and their next leader. For Mira's part, it didn't matter who was leader of the team as long as they were responsible about it. Of course, she did have doubts about Juliet being able to fulfill that requirement, considering all of the blowing off of training and partying that she usually did, but it seemed like most of the group was siding with her being leader...Mira just hoped that they were right.

Onto the boy though...honestly, she had to question why they were being informed of this task anyways when it seemed as if only a few of them could actually pursue that target. Maybe only a small team would be going while the rest did something else? Outside of that, she couldn't think of any other idea why the whole group would be brought in. After all, she knew that she couldn't restrain people when they could just warp to other dimensions, and she doubted Tomas, Will, and Sol could either so all in all, she didn't see any reason of use for any of them, save for maybe Sol to track them when they're actually in this dimension.

Overall, she didn't have any questions that wouldn't appear rude at this time...but she did have a few in mind to ask if Karis's answer to Will didn't cover it. Until then, she just sat down and remained silent, waiting.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Sierra will handle the explanation about Limbo."

"I will?"

"Yes, you can probably explain it in a way he'll understand, better then I could anyway."

Sierra sighed and Karis turned to the other questions. Turning to Daniel first. "So far only one subject has been 'confirmed', and by that I mean there has been no sign of anyone helping the subject in question ether to get away or in their petty thefts. As to your other question, Akihabara seems to be where they like to go before the vanish, and never before getting there ether, so must mean that they have a base or camp or something of the like hidden there." Karis explained. "You all have been choose because this is the only team that has people capable of getting to Limbo, three of you in fact. So you'll need to divide up and scout the areas with the most sightings. As for what we'll do with him when we find him, that depends on him, but I see no reason to kill him unless he gives you a reason to."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Alfred Frye

"You all have been choose because this is the only team that has people capable of getting to Limbo, three of you in fact. So you'll need to divide up and scout the areas with the most sightings. As for what we'll do with him when we find him, that depends on him, but I see no reason to kill him unless he gives you a reason to."

Alfred folded his arms, briefly, thinking. Three people capable of getting to Limbo, right? That had to be Sierra and Juliet, at least, and then...

Well, it is what keeps the worlds together, right? So if Daniel really is an angel, he should be able to as well.

That seemed logical to him at least, the ones from another world being able to travel to the fabric between those worlds and the one they were in now. He broke off a piece of his snacks and swallowed it before he decided to give some input. "So, we've got three people who can travel there on their own volition, which means we can split up into three groups, if I understand the situation. Well, that's fine with me. I'll easily admit I wouldn't mind having a look at what limbo actually looks like, I've only heard it described." He felt the hunter's eyes on him, probably because he'd just said he'd heard about limbo described, and added, helpfully:

"Oh, limbo is, simply put, the area between this world and places like the demon world. I'm sure Sierra'll explain it more in detail later, but rather than being its own world it's more like... filler, or so it's been described for me. Like the emptiness between celestial bodies in space, or the milk in a serial bowl. I've heard it referred to the void before as well, but it's not entirely empty as far as I understand it, so it feels like a misleading term."

He broke off another piece of his stick-shaped snacks and turned to Karis.

"So, we're going inside, scouting, and, ideally, trying to negotiate with this guy? If you don't mind me asking, what exactly has he done wrong? You mentioned the law enforcement, do you have the details of what exactly he has been doing that requires our attention? Not the small stuff, right? It would be helpful to know just so that we have an idea of what kind of person we're dealing with. Higher probability of successful negotiation and such."

With that he was happy to sit back and take another sip of his coffee, trying to eat the snacks as quietly as possible so that he wouldn't interrupt other people with the sound of pockies being broken off and chewed.

Solomon Thorn

"Sierra will handle the explanation about Limbo."

"I will?"

"Yes, you can probably explain it in a way he'll understand, better then I could anyway."

They then decided to proceed to not explaining it. Sol raised an eyebrow, both a little surprised that they'd discuss it in front of him, and a little annoyed by the fact that they really thought he was stupid enough to require a separate explanation.

Well... okay then?

He sighed, not managing to pay much attention to the explanation of what they were required to do. He got the gist of it though. It was pretty obvious stuff, they had to go into the limbo -he wasn't entirely sure if that meant everyone or just those 3 people, he certainly did not want to head off into what he'd only heard about as an eternal waiting room- and look for the target, then deal with him in the appropriate manner depending on the reaction or whatever. This really wasn't going the way he'd want it to.

I could try to suggest someone keeping an eye on him on the outside as well. Or well, on this side? I'm not too bad at keeping an eye on a target, so if we could communicate between the... I dunno, worlds or whatever, I could probably help out that way.

No matter, this wasn't going his way, it was, yet again, something out of his comfort zone. He supposed that was his fault, for working for a school of non-humans. After Karis' explanation, Alfred spoke up, and Sol looked at him, surprised the younger man was so eager to step into whatever the fuck the limbo actually was.

"Oh, limbo is, simply put, the area between this world and places like the demon world. I'm sure Sierra'll explain it more in detail later, but rather than being its own world it's more like... filler, or so it's been described for me. Like the emptiness between celestial bodies in space, or the milk in a serial bowl. I've heard it referred to the void before as well, but it's not entirely empty as far as I understand it, so it feels like a misleading term."

Sol nodded, that made a little more sense than the image he had of it. Then again, he'd mainly heard about it in religious context, and not a whole lot was explained in that context either.

Not like those who wrote those explanation would have much of a clue either way. And while this explains what it is, it still isn't nearly enough for me to even want to consider stepping into it.

He supposed Sierra would have to deal with that part, and instead decided to ask another question once Alfred was done; "For the groups, will the people who can get inside on their own be the leaders of the groups? Or do we choose based on who fits the best? You never really addressed the leader thing."