Gay Gamers Want Dragon Age 2 Writer Fired

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
...that guy is a dumb ass. He must have played a different game than I did too. They do a good job of portraying both homosexuals and bisexuals. Neither of which is easy to do. We're either upset because we're being sexualized and made to look like walking libidos or that our sexuality isn't actually being depicted (beyond hand holding and hair stroking). Oh well.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
You also gain rivalry points with Anders if you're a woman and reject his advances.
I think this speaks more of Anders than it does any sexual group.

BakuKuro

Apr 15, 2009
Soylent Bacon said:
The gays too? Next thing you know, there are gonna be articles about the bisexuals, asexuals, transgenders, Americans, Australians, Germans, Christians, atheists, agnostics, and Martians overreacting to this game.
As a bisexual/asexual transgendered American implant in Australia who went to college in Germany and was conceived by agnostic martians to a Christian mother but I, myself, am atheist, I find it offensive that I cannot play the game out as a grue.

loremazd

Dec 20, 2008
In response to the topic title:

http://gaygamer.net/2011/03/not_all_gay_gamers_think_alike.html

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Yes, anytime anyone makes one error or has one misconception they should be severely and swiftly dealt with. Honestly, this guy is trying to deny the stereotype of homosexuals being all about sex, but he is making them look like over-reacting douche bags.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Sylocat said:
Why is some troll with an internet petition newsworthy?
I would have to agree on that.
This dissenter/troll has been thoroughly discredited by the gay gaming community at large, the petition has barely 200 signatures and giving this more spotlight will only lead some people to draw damaging conclusions about how the majority of gay gamers responded to the game.
I.e VERY favourably.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Honestly I wouldn't be too suprised if this is just a troll faking that he's homosexual to make them look bad and give the false impression that homosexuals are really upset about it.

A picture perfect troll if you ask me.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I hope this guy is a troll, or else I feel bad for his parents.

I don't think I ever associated Anders getting annoyed at me turning him down as a trait of a gay person, more so a trait of Anders, the guy with the Justice demon in him... The guy whose a bit of a dodge character anyway. I never took his sexuality into account.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
wait you mean a gay character hates you if you don't hit on them, yeah as a straight person That annoys me. because in RPGs its important to be make allegiances so if some secrety underorld Don happens to be Gay and I have a chat, her'll get pissed off because I'm straight and send assassins to kill me.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Soylent Bacon said:
The gays too? Next thing you know, there are gonna be articles about the bisexuals, asexuals, transgenders, Americans, Australians, Germans, Christians, atheists, agnostics, and Martians overreacting to this game.
There were some people on the Bioware forums complaining you couldn't romance your sister...

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
TwistedEllipsis said:
Actual said:
More importantly; ANDERS ISN'T GAY!

How did he become gay between games!? He was fiercely heterosexual in Awakenings, and don't tell me his change is due to his companion as he had no desires at all.
I wouldn't say fiercely, but he does say:
All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools."
He was also a grey warden, much more light-hearted, had ser pounce-a-lot and wasn't possessed by Justice...a lot happened since awakening...

EDIT: There seems to have been a change of writer with David Gaider as head writer, but not specifically writing for Anders (via http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Anders)
David Gaider was the original writer for Anders in Awakening, but Jennifer Hepler took over the role for Dragon Age II.
So I have her to blame for ruining his character. Where did my upbeat, sarcastic bro go?

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Actual said:
Although Fenris was OK when you turned him down he didn't stop. No fenris I'm still not gay, fuck off. ...(ten minutes later).... Goddamnint no! I'm not gay yet!

And the fact that both Fenris' and Anders' advances come out of nowhere without any hint that you're interested in them. Who does that!? The only people I can think of are sleazebags.

How did he become gay between games!? He was fiercely heterosexual in Awakenings, and don't tell me his change is due to his companion as he had no desires at all.
There are romances in Awakening? I hated Anders in DA2. He's just so in your face.

However, I loved Fenris' character. He was great. I'm a bit sad he never flirted with me, even after I did his companion quests and whatnot.

I went with Merril... She's lovely... And that voice...

Amund

Oct 24, 2008
Ghostwise said:
I've met and known my fair share of gay men unfortunately and everyone of them is a complete and utter hornball....much like any man. Gay women....not so much.
I'm not a
CM156 said:
Qwery me this, Gay Gamers: Would you prefer then there were no gay romances?
I think Anders was the only agressive one (Fenris was fine to leave me be), and that was more due to his personallity in this game, rather than his homosexuality. This only proves that Bioware fans will never be happy, no matter what you give them.
Every gay gamer I know loves the story lines in Dragon Age 2, including myself. This "gay" is probably just a hetero who is upset he was hit on in a game and wants the writer fired. Thus he erected a fake cause that has little validation to destroy what made him uncomfortable.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
Andy Chalk said:
sometimes, people are stupid.
sometimes? you're overestimating the general population. the same one that calls Transformers 2 and Alice in Wonderland the best movies ever.
and the same one that will pay people to download the firmware for their PS3s for them
and the same one that will buy the new iPhone and iPad just because everyone else is
and the same one that will ban videogames because they might hurt "little timmy"

saying "sometimes people are stupid" is an understatement regarding the human race.

we're all stupid. no one is exempt from this :/

OT: perhaps this person should realize that there are whores of all genders and orientations. and making a gay man a whore should be no less offensive than making a straight man one.
Transformers 2 was really good in my opinion.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
TwistedEllipsis said:
Actual said:

I wouldn't say fiercely, but he does say:
All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools."
He was also a grey warden, much more light-hearted, had ser pounce-a-lot and wasn't possessed by Justice...a lot happened since awakening...

EDIT: There seems to have been a change of writer with David Gaider as head writer, but not specifically writing for Anders (via http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Anders)
David Gaider was the original writer for Anders in Awakening, but Jennifer Hepler took over the role for Dragon Age II.
So I have her to blame for ruining his character. Where did my upbeat, sarcastic bro go?
Agreed.

At least...
Alistair
didn't change. Still a sarcastic bastard.

Highlandheadbanger

Jan 8, 2009
You know what, he kinda has a point. Zevran and Anders immediately come to mind. Anders kinda forces you with a with/against scenario and Zevran, while an interesting character in several good ways, was a slurring, hedonistic pansexual whose inclusion in the game may not have been in the best taste during a time when video games are seeking recognition as a legitimate, mature art form.