Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
I got a laugh out of this. At least the ignorant bigots are directing their hate towards baked goods now and not at people.

Also, as much as I like the support from a most enjoyable snack of mine. I must admit that the rainbow Oreo does look a bit... horrible. Well, not the way it looks. More the way I think it would taste. Not that I wouldn't try it. I need to stop rambling.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Clearing the Eye said:
Mylinkay Asdara said:
My only problem with this oreo is that it would be impossible to fit in my mouth, which is a huge bummer. Other than that: awesome.
Oh man. Won't fit in your mouth? The gay cookie is too big?

So. Many. Jokes.

I just had a pungasm.
I'm glad I'm not the only person whose mind went there after seeing comments about how people couldn't fit it in their mouth, or that it was "too big."

And don't even get me started about "too much cream."

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I've learned that when it comes to buyable products, negative publicity only serves to increase sales. Their little boycott is only going to make Nabisco more money.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
Man I haven't eaten any of these things in AGES. I gotta go by the store and pick some up.

Also, good on Kraft. :D

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Unsilenced said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Mylinkay Asdara said:
My only problem with this oreo is that it would be impossible to fit in my mouth, which is a huge bummer. Other than that: awesome.
Oh man. Won't fit in your mouth? The gay cookie is too big?

So. Many. Jokes.

I just had a pungasm.
I'm glad I'm not the only person whose mind went there after seeing comments about how people couldn't fit it in their mouth, or that it was "too big."

And don't even get me started about "too much cream."
Join me in the gutter, friend :D

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Harbinger_ said:
Ugh, really? The only problem I have is how in your face people are about this on both sides of the spectrum. (Ha, I made a color joke there.) The people against homosexuality are ridiculously violent and over-the-top about it and the people that are for it are trying to shove it down peoples throats like... well like a rainbow colored oreo.
Wanting to be treated equally is not "shoving an agenda". Period.
Read my post, read it very carefully. You'll see that the word agenda doesn't appear once. Never did I say it was a conspiracy, not once did I insinuate anything of the sort. If you want to continue to look for things that aren't there then please be my guest.

SH4DOWSL4Y3R

Jan 21, 2011
I've probably been ninja'd like a billion times because i can't be bothered reading the entire thread, But Who else now has an intense urge to go buy a shit-ton of Oreos?

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
theultimateend said:
Harbinger_ said:
Ugh, really? The only problem I have is how in your face people are about this on both sides of the spectrum. (Ha, I made a color joke there.) The people against homosexuality are ridiculously violent and over-the-top about it and the people that are for it are trying to shove it down peoples throats like... well like a rainbow colored oreo.
Shove it down people's what now?

Really?

That doesn't even make sense.

"These folks keep demanding I don't marginalize them...those entitled fuckers."

There has been almost no case where "shoved down peoples throats" was encompassed by any sort of rational discourse. I hadn't even heard it said outside of ranty facebook updates or fox clips until just now...

I hope this doesn't end up like YOLO :/...
You've honestly never heard the phrase before? Thats surprising. I'll put it in simpler terms. I find it highly irritating that people push causes in ways like this where it has to be everywhere, everyone has to support it, scream it from the rooftops or they're horrible people. I really don't like what causes do to people. You are either in favor of something or you're a monster. The mob mentality is disgusting and the irony in this case is alot of the biggest supporters are people that aren't even homosexuals at all.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Aww, it's just a photoshop. Come on Kraft, you've got the food coloring, make it happen.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
I think it's nice to see a big, mainstream company supporting like that.

Sure it gets tiresome when every celebrity and their mother jumps around from cause to trendy cause like altruism is the latest fashion accessory, but Kraft had something to lose here.

I won't pretend to think the big corporation is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, but they were still willing to take a risk on the idea that society would back them up.

It's a good thing.

Clearing the Eye said:
Mmmm I'd take on that big dark cookie and ALL it's cream filling.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Anyone who says they'd like to bash someone's head in with a hammer and then professes something else as "against God's will" cannot rightfully be called Christian, or even mentally stable.

It's truly disgusting how followers of a belief founded on love and forgiveness can be so hateful.

I try to hold my religious beliefs with pride, but it's really hard to do so when people like this start talking. It makes us all look like bigots and morons.

On the side though, that cookie does look pretty tasty...
Eh, I think I'll stick with the mint-filled oreos. I like normal oreos, but the mint ones...

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
And I'm sure all these gay-bashers will never buy a Kraft product again.. Ha.

And, as usual, Those good Christians spreading hate, fear, intolerance, and inciting violence. Truly it is a religion of love and peace.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
defskyoen said:
theultimateend said:
Harbinger_ said:
Shove it down people's what now?

Really?

That doesn't even make sense.

"These folks keep demanding I don't marginalize them...those entitled fuckers."

There has been almost no case where "shoved down peoples throats" was encompassed by any sort of rational discourse. I hadn't even heard it said outside of ranty facebook updates or fox clips until just now...

I hope this doesn't end up like YOLO :/...
What exactly would you call it then? "Pride parades", increasing representation in every TV show and movie to an abnormal level, organized lobbying, petitions and outcries to "cater to their interests", targetted media campaigns like this.

People get it, you like other dudes, now stop making a big deal out of it and go on living your lives, cause all this political propaganda crap is just going to annoy more people and make them speak out.

Also there's no such thing as "homophobia" as long as the people involved don't run away in a fit of terror like some people do with spiders e.g. terrible fear of something.
Just because some people don't agree with your views and values doesn't make them phobic or fearful in any way and saying they are doesn't put you that far away from the religious nuts.
Spoken like a true gay-basher. You're not afraid of homosexuals, you just don't want to see them, hear them, or be aware they exist and think they should live cowering in dark rooms as social pariahs. And the good Lord Baby Jesus knows that they shouldn't have equal rights. Equal rights are only for white, wealthy, Christians.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Unsilenced said:
I think it's nice to see a big, mainstream company supporting like that.

Sure it gets tiresome when every celebrity and their mother jumps around from cause to trendy cause like altruism is the latest fashion accessory, but Kraft had something to lose here.

I won't pretend to think the big corporation is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, but they were still willing to take a risk on the idea that society would back them up.

It's a good thing.

Clearing the Eye said:
Mmmm I'd take on that big dark cookie and ALL it's cream filling.
I don't know if it's funny that a topic about homosexuality contains so many sex puns and jokes, or a sad fulfillment of a stereotype... Wait, everything on the internet is full of sex jokes. Yay status quo!

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Cpu46 said:
I shall take this moment to dispense to you the recipe for the best Oreo containing treat ever (aside from plain oreo and milk obviously).

Get one 9x13 cooking pan (US units)
Get a ton of chocolate chip cookie dough (2 of those premade cookie dough rolls should do)
One box of Oreos (You will use most of the box, no snacking!)
one bowl of brownie batter (really any kind will do)

Spread the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan and cover the dough with the Oreo. Like I said before, most of the box will fit in there. Pour the brownie batter on top, evenly coating the cookies. Bake at 450 degrees fahrenheit for 30 to 45 minutes. The brownie batter should be cooked on the outside but still liquid inside (Like a chocolate syrup).

Serve hot or cold. Either is delicious, cold is just less of a mess since the temperature drop causes the brownie goo to congeal.
...Some men just want to watch the world burn.