Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Wha... but it's... huh?!

It's a 6 frosting layer oreo that's all the colors of the rainbow! I need to disassemble 3 double-stuffed oreos to even get half of that. THIS IS THE DREAM PEOPLE!!

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
K_Dub said:
The idea that people now hate Oreos because the company supports gay rights? Hilarious! The idea that I don't get to eat a six layered-rainbow colored Oreo? Disheartening. Get on it Oreo! I'll buy that shit in a heart beat!
Yes, they must produce this cookie in reality. Each layer must be a differently flavored creme, however. =)

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I'm going to buy as many of these Oreos just to show those anti-gay idiots what for!

Jun 16, 2010
Why is poor cyan always left out of depictions of rainbows?

Fun fact: When Newton defined the colours of the rainbow, by "blue" he really meant what we'd call "cyan", and by "indigo" he meant the dark blue we normally associate with the colour "blue".

So the colours of the rainbow are actually:
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

So really I think Oreo deserves all the flak it's catching.
I really hope someone was fired over this!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Helmholtz Watson said:
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Seeing as your not the Pope, you don't get to make that call.
Not sure what being a cross dressing ex-nazi has to do with anything...
Not sure what silly insults have to do with anything.....
Hey, I'm not the one claiming I have to be 'the' pope in order to read an outdated book.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Hey, I'm not the one claiming I have to be 'the' pope in order to read an outdated book.
No your just trying to tell everybody else who is and who isn't a Christian according based on your opinion.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Helmholtz Watson said:
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
No your just trying to tell everybody else who is and who isn't a Christian according based on your opinion.
All I'm saying is:
Claiming to be a Christian and tossing out half the bible is like claiming to be a vegan and eating fish.

Sure, you COULD do it, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
All I'm saying is:
Claiming to be a Christian and tossing out half the bible is like claiming to be a vegan and eating fish.

Sure, you COULD do it, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.
Then it doesn't make sense to you, but it doesn't make them not Christian because you don't like it.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Helmholtz Watson said:
Then it doesn't make sense to you, but it doesn't make them not Christian because you don't like it.
Then what DOES it make them?

I mean, if you're claiming to be part of a group but ignoring its founding document(s).

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Tanis said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Then what DOES it make them?

I mean, if you're claiming to be part of a group but ignoring its founding document(s).
See my previous comments on said subject.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
i love the people online who are eagerly awaiting more and more food companies to back up the gay community, so eventually the homphobes will be forced to either sell their ideals, become hermits or starve :D

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
James Joseph Emerald said:

Fun fact: When Newton defined the colours of the rainbow, by "blue" he really meant what we'd call "cyan", and by "indigo" he meant the dark blue we normally associate with the colour "blue".

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

here's another fun fact for you, there are only 6 colours of the spectrum, not 7, next time you see a rainbow, look carefully and you'll see there's only one shade of purple. Newton lied about there being seven colours because had he suggested that a rainbow (an act of god) had 6 colours, then he would have been hanged

Jun 16, 2010
interspark said:
James Joseph Emerald said:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

here's another fun fact for you, there are only 6 colours of the spectrum, not 7, next time you see a rainbow, look carefully and you'll see there's only one shade of purple. Newton lied about there being seven colours because had he suggested that a rainbow (an act of god) had 6 colours, then he would have been hanged
LIES! As I said, Newton only ever suggested one shade of purple: violet.
The fact that people misinterpret indigo as a shade of purple (and not simply dark blue, as intended) is a classic example of people accepting what they're told rather than what their eyes tell them: that cyan is in rainbows.
Just look at it. LOOK AT IT! A rainbow with cyan just looks so much more rainbow-y and chromologically balanced!