Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

Roman Monaghan

Nov 20, 2010
I am loath to use the words of others to make my point, but sometimes it's hard to come up with a better "served" post then this:

So what were you saying about boycotting, again? >;P

LHZA

Sep 22, 2010
sunsetspawn said:
Lord Beautiful said:
And good luck fitting that whole thing into your mouth.
Insert gay joke of choice here.

Dangit2019 said:
Also, this pretty much lays out why the supposed boycott participants will inevitably fail:

I haven't eaten anything on that list in a long time because I'm a raw vegetable eatin ************, but I may have to go out and buy a sleeve or two of oreos in support now.
You know what's funny? The only thing I have from Kraft are Oreo cookies. I'm not a vegetarion but I tend not to buy processed crap. I was literally at the grocery store the other day and decided to buy Oreos in part because they are delicious and because I remembered this controversy.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Huh. Suddenly I find myself really wanting to buy as many Oreos as I possibly can. And I don't even like them.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
I wanna buy some Oreos from Walmart, to save a bit of money and for NO OTHER REASON >:D

(I'm lying about that last part.)

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Oh great, an other ridiculous boycott. Don't people have anything better to protest?

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I wonder if these homophobes ever get tired. I'd imagine being filled with seething, barely contained rage and indignation would get tiring after a while. I'd encourage them to take a nap. Maybe have a snack - like say...Oreos!

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Say what you will about the 'Christian Right', they sure can whine like broken motors with the best of 'em, can't they?

"That company has demonstrated kindness and good feelings towards people my book tells me I should hate! Waaaa! Waaa! I won't eat your cookies any more, see how you like that! Waaaa!"

If they weren't so endlessly fucking amusing in their pathetic hatred I might start to find them irritating.

Lord Beautiful said:
And good luck fitting that whole thing into your mouth.
If they sell it to gay people... don't worry. We've had practise at things like this.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
These are the things I am seeing here:

1) People argueing over a book, a book with multiple interpretations (as all books are) and saying that because "A" is in the book and "B" is not it makes it okay to harass someone you may not even meet ever because of a different life choice.

2) A Cookie with rainbow icing that looks damn delicious, but I wish they could find a way to make the rainbow spectrum go horizontal across one layer of icing because that is waaaay too much suger for me.

What I would like to see one day is:

1) A gay rights discussion that NEVER mentions the bible or religion as a basis. (not that I find religion or the bible wrong, its just never an arguement I've seen.)

2) I want to see someone man up and say "The idea of homosexual people scares me. I am homophobic and wish to gain knowledge with which to open my mind to the possibility so that I won't feel as closed-minded in regular conversation." (because I've never heard it aloud before.)

3) People who stand up and say "You know, this book (yes THAT book) is probably just trying to tell us to be happy, live our lives, and do good in the world." Instead of strike fear in the hearts of others, cause chaotic uproar, maim (or sometimes murder) others, and all under the banner of 'morality' that I am 80% SURE that those under the banner have NO IDEA the definition of the word.

AgentShiver

Sep 4, 2011
The only "outrage" I see here is the fact that they're not selling this wonderful beauty! How about in the form of a cake? A recipe? Or maybe a pack of rainbow colored oreos! C'mon Kraft! You gotta give us something!

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Hm. That Oreo looks nice... *salivates all over table*

I, ugh, mean, it's a fucking cookie. Why get all pissed off about a good-cause - by a COOKIE.

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
That Oreo looks disgusting and offensive without ANY connection to homosexuality or the pride taken therein.

Next someone will want to try and deep-fry the thing and sprinkle it with sugar.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
People that narrow minded can keep their little unchanging backwater if they want it, continue living in the dark ages by all means and best of luck to them haha

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
How does an Oreo have a sexuality? *eh*

Oh well, Oreos is yummy, people who hate gay people are dumb.

DiamanteGeeza

Jun 25, 2010
eye of the divine said:
I feel like this is quite sad, not in the petty way this is happened. The fact is religions teach tolerance and as soon as someone or a company admits they are they get swamped with hate. So much for treating others how you wish to be treated.
I'm not so sure they do, do they? The Old Testament, amongst other eye-opening statements, says it's perfectly alright for you (and expected of you) to stone your neighbour to death if they don't believe in that particular God or attempt to worship a different one. That doesn't sound very tolerant to me! The Qu'ran is just as bad. Buddhism is the only one that's peaceful, isn't it (well, I guess Mormonism is as well, if you can count that as a religion).

The modern day versions of most religions try to conveniently forget the violent, brutal, barbaric, and intolerant parts of their particular religion, but the actual texts that the religions are based on are pretty intolerant (as far as I remember from school a long time ago!).

What still blows my mind is how anybody in the western world, that has access to vast amounts of knowledge and information and are well educated and otherwise rational, still somehow convince themselves that there's a dude sitting on a cloud making everything happen. And, to make matters worse, arguably the most powerful guy on the planet - the US president - would never be elected if he/she openly said "I don't believe in heaven or hell, and this whole god idea was all made up by primitve people a very long time ago. It's time to move on". The guy with the nuke codes and in charge of a huge military force has to say that an imaginary person exists. Amazing.

DiamanteGeeza

Jun 25, 2010
Why does all gay-bashing stem from some misguided religious 'argument' (and I use that word in the loosest possible sense).

If people just said "Yuck, I don't like the idea of some dude sticking his dick in another dude's ass", then at least there's some sort of rational base to start from. But nobody ever says that - it's always that gay people threaten their religious values, or some such bullshit.