GDC 2011: First Look at Jurassic Park Gameplay

QmunkE

Feb 13, 2008
This looks like the sort of game that gets the 3% scores in PC Gamer - I mean do the people who made this even play video games? The original Source engine looks about 1000x better than this game and it's almost seven years old! Yes graphics aren't everything but at least get SOMEONE who has worked on a game engine since the Dreamcast died (that's about the generation this looks like it belongs in...)

Aetherlblade

Mar 1, 2010
holy crap, this looks really bad. is this near finished, cuz it looks like something you could make in a weekend.. crappy grahpics, bad sound effects, bad voice acting and lip sync and really i did not spot i single thing that looks attractive.

Vinchucca

Nov 9, 2009
Furioso said:
TheElectricImp said:
It looks awful. The facial animations, writing, voice acting, action, controls, and grapics all look horrendous.
I was fully prepared to say "oh it doesn't look that bad" but then I saw the video.... it really does look awful.... so much disapointment
Same here...I think the 1992 Sega Megadrive version looks better. And QTE's? Common isn't it allready well established by now nobody likes them?!

TheHaunted

Nov 25, 2009
Sigh, Telltale says they want to focus on the characters, but I honestly hated the characters based solely on the demo and wanted to see the dinosaurs kill them. Though what I'm wondering is whether or not the quick time events will be as hard as the demo's, because if they are, we might as well just fail all of the quick time events and let the game run without us.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
it's not great looking, but it has dinosaurs and will probably make me drop the controller a lot panicking
def wanting to give it a spin...even if the whole cutscene game thing is kinda ehh they might still have a story to tell

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
Some of the positive comments in this thread are as facepalm worthy as the game appears to be...

Anyway, small budget + short development time + movie license = fail once again. The worst part is this game might still make a profit off of people who don't know any better, and yet more terrible games will be made in the future.
Now I'm depressed =/

Dansrage

Nov 9, 2010
I'm absolutely gutted, they got me all hyped for a next-gen JP game, i was imagining a Crysis-style romp through the park admiring some DX11 dinosaurs, and then this shit...
My fucking God, did i just drop back to 2004? Everything about those graphics was absolutely repugnant, i was dissapointed because it looked like a Wii game, then i saw a 360 analog controller in one of the QTEs and i was frankly shocked.

It is just unacceptable to release a game that looks like that in this day and age, it looks like it could be for PSP for God's sake. I'm not suggesting that graphics are everything, but if you can't afford to do next-gen graphics, there are plenty of tricks and art styles you can use to hide it, for example games like LIMBO or a lot of PSP/Wii games. It looks bad enough to be a movie tie-in, which it technically is, but i expected more from JP.
It just looks like dog shit.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Holy shit, someone actually made an entire game based around Quick Time Events? *sigh* That should have died back in the days of Dragon's Lair.