Gearbox Delays Duke Nukem Forever Until Summer

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Well, burning 14 DVD's per box is taking more time than anticipated.

As it is, I don't mind. I just plunked down change for Portal 2, the little extra time to save up for DNF will fit nicely.
When they announce they are changing engines, then I will rage.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Randy Pitchford is a breath of fresh air from George Broussard. Not only is he releasing the game but he's well humored and self deprecating about it.

When George Broussard was in charge of Duke Nukem Forever, he was (according to sources) solely to blame for extending delays by having obsessive compulsive tendencies [http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/12/fail_duke_nukem/all] to change and add nonstop. He would then all of a sudden decide to outright scrap years of work. He also had some sort of attention deficit disorder for losing track of all the things he was doing. He was also known to flip out and get hostile when fans or reporters asked or joked about delays.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I have to hand it to them- Gearbox have a sense of humour. Guess that's a prerequisite for working on Duke Nukem!

Shame about the extra month, but it's not catastrophic. It's not like it'll take another year... or will it.... o_O

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
CD-R said:
I'd rather they delay it and make sure it's polished rather than release a shoddy product. We've already waited 12 years a few more months won't matter. It works for Blizzard, I don't think they've ever released abad game.But this game better be amazing. There's no excuse now.
Agreed 100%

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
They made an hour of gameplay for conventions, knocked together a few trailers. This game doesn't exist, it'll get delayed til April 1st 2012.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
wouldn't be duke nukem forever if it don't come with delays.

the intro should come with an option to delay the start of the game :p

gustcq

Mar 26, 2009
ROFL why am i not surprised! 14 years Duke is already collecting social security benefits and medicare.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
Bahahahaha! This video was damn funny! I don't think this game should ever actually come out! I'm pretty sure the people who really wanted it back in the day don't give a toss anymore (10+ years is enough time for interest to wane), and the rest of us will lose out on one of the most hilarious running gags in gaming!

....but I suppose if there are still people who truly wanna see this game happen, then June is just around the corner!

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Hahahahaha Duke never comes early...genious, oh well this works for me, I won't have any money for the awesome collectors edition until around fire season so this is perfect