Gearbox Delays Duke Nukem Forever Until Summer

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
At this rate, "Duke Nukem" is going to be game industry speak for "delayed". I can just hear it now, "Game Publisher A says their new game will be Duke Nukemed." That said, this game had better be the best FPS of all time.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Aku_San said:
Another delay? Looks like the guys that have their preorders are going to have to wait a little bit longer.

Additionally:

IT BEGINS.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm kind of happy this happened. One more delay, just to cement it's reputation lol.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Best way to break the news ever.
Of course, I think they delayed it deliberately just for kicks. Or a test of the target audience's commitment.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I think that we can wait one month. At least gearbox is delaying it one month as opposed to "When it's done." They're a competent team, they made borderlands... I'm guessing if we do see another delay, it's still coming out well before christmas.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
I love how this video announcement is a tongue in cheek joke, but in the next one he'll actually be uncomfortable. It'll be like:

"Look guys. *looks down* I know... We... We.. Uh... *shuffles feet* We said it'd be coming out on the 14th but... *wipes sweaty palms on pants* Look... It's just that... It's hard, you know? We just... *puts face in hands* We just need MORE TIME... *starts crying* It's... It's... Not done... I just... I just... *runs off screen* I CAN'T DO IT!!! *gunshot* *camera man screams*"

LordOrin

Feb 19, 2009
Aku_San said:
IT BEGINS.
lol, I'd just said this out loud to myself.

Anyway it can't come out in June, it's release is supposed to cause the world to end in 2012.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
I actually think it would be better if it is never actually released. Thats not because i dont want to play it (I do) but it would be of much greater entertainment value if DN Forever is never released. That would be frickin hilarious!

Roland07

Apr 2, 2010
Was the concept for this game developed while grave-robbing a pyramid or something? It is cursed. I would not be surprised if the Gearbox studio, with all data relating to Duke Nukem, and all the staff who worked on it, are killed by a freak accident before launch. I won't believe it's out until Australia or Germany bans it.

Unless this is a publicity stunt.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
That's it guys, our hopes are dashed. Duke ain't coming, tear down the banners and give the cake to the dog.
googleback said:
Hehehehehe...I kept waiting for him to do something, but stopped because it felt like his crazy eyes were staring into my soul. O_O
Its samuel L Jackson

That stare gives kittens heart-attacks
--
I figured and I am ok with it. Because it will be awesome, offensive and everything uptight, Birkenstock/v neck shirt wearing rights groups leaders will despise.