Gearbox Delays Duke Nukem Forever Until Summer

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
"Duke never comes early." Double entendre, much?

But yeah, we really should have expected this. Just about every game gets delayed. I don't think it's that big a deal, as long as it actually does get made.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I mis-interpreted the title as "Duke Nukem delayed forever"

Well, I hope that that was a miss-interpretation ;)

Also, liking the early international release vs Stateside - unusual and welcome (though why people can't just release a game everywhere it beyond me :/ )

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
this game isnt even on my radar. i stopped caring about duke nukem in 6th grade. ill give it a try for nostalgia, but they could delay it another 14 years and it wouldnt bother me. i mean it looks like it could be pretty good, but the character just doesnt hold the appeal to me now, that it did when i was 13.

still, i think if 3d realms had simply said, "duke never comes early" people would have been less pissed at them

LittleChone

May 17, 2010
XO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously?!? It's being delayed AGAIN?!?!?
Oh well, at least they offer themselves to be beaten up at the end of the commercial. :)

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Does anybody else get the sneaking suspicion that Duke Nukem Forever might just be the most elaborate instance of Trolling in history? Maybe on the supposed release date, there's just going to be an announcement that it actually isn't coming out, ever.

RollingThunder

Nov 2, 2010
Well, Duke already holding it in for more than a decade, when it finally released, there'll be raining man... juice.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
ahem *prepares Dr. Weird voice*
Gentlemen...The cycle has begun once again! HA Ha ha!

At this point I'm fairly certain that this game will never be released, only passed from developer to developer, dooming them to failure and ridicule.
"Man, I can't wait to finally be able to play Duke Nukem Forever on my PS79. It's been in production for half a millennium, so it's gotta be fantastic."

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
Veloxe said:
At some points this feels like they've been trolling us for almost 1 and 1/2 decades.
you know your going to load the game and this is going to pop up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009

On a serious note, It doesnt surprise me it'd happen and they did give a pretty short release date from annoncement.

-Ulven-

Nov 18, 2009
For all we know this could have been planned from the marketing team at start when the team actually was certain of a release date.

Think about it, it is one of the biggest internett memes out there and marketing would probably think it genious to "delay" it some more. Just a thought. I might be completely batshit on sandwich insanely wrong.