Gearbox Delays Duke Nukem Forever Until Summer

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
Us in europe get it before the states!?

Oh man,This is priceless, sure it sucks it was delayed but i was importing it anyway from the UK so i wouldnt have it on the date anyway,this news still made me laugh anywho.

DJTruthsayer

Mar 24, 2011
Hello Everybody, long time listener, first time caller!
I have to admit that ive kind of been expecting this - that duke nukem forever is going to turn out to be a massive meta joke, played by the industry on us unsuspecting punters....
whats the odds on this game not even shipping this year? ;)

knight56

Aug 12, 2009
"And there's a hilarious 4th-wall breaking sequence where Duke Nukem rushes into the developer's office and punches them for being such a twat." -Paraphrased Yahtzee.

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
Surprise, surprise. Oh well, it's just a few weeks, and the announcement was pretty funny. At least they're self-aware.

They'd better use this time to add another dolphin race or two.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
CD-R said:
I'd rather they delay it and make sure it's polished rather than release a shoddy product. We've already waited 12 years a few more months won't matter. It works for Blizzard, I don't think they've ever released abad game.But this game better be amazing. There's no excuse now.
Oh they'll find an excuse. I'll be waiting until about 5 years after this games release to even look at it. If it isn't the flop of the century.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
CD-R said:
I'd rather they delay it and make sure it's polished rather than release a shoddy product. We've already waited 12 years a few more months won't matter. It works for Blizzard, I don't think they've ever released abad game.But this game better be amazing. There's no excuse now.
i gotta say, i'm with you on this one. i'd rather wait for a polished, non-buggy article than an early rushed piece of work.

personally, i don't appreciate a game that has bugs, then has them removed, i'd appreciate them never being present in the first place

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I had this surreal feeling of utter helplessness and terror when I read this...

...Is DNF going to drag Gearbox screaming into an early grave as well?

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I KNEW IT. I totally foresaw this coming as soon as they announced a release date! WE WERE FOOLISH TO BELIEVE!!!

Juion

Nov 7, 2006
Not to be the nut who goes, "Gasp, this is a fake.", but, seriously. We've got eight days until April First. The release dates for international are just wrong. This was clearly something rehearsed and constructed, and April 1st was even mentioned in the video.

I'm betting on April 1st, we'll get a video and the demo that says, "Duke Nukem came early." and the release date will be sometime in late April or early May.