Gearbox Delays Duke Nukem Forever Until Summer

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Guess that doesn't surprise me much... and it is at least nice to see that this thread isn't a bunch of racist-antiamerican messages like youtube was since the international release is now 4 days later.

leevio

Nov 10, 2010
Juion said:
Not to be the nut who goes, "Gasp, this is a fake.", but, seriously. We've got eight days until April First. The release dates for international are just wrong. This was clearly something rehearsed and constructed, and April 1st was even mentioned in the video.

I'm betting on April 1st, we'll get a video and the demo that says, "Duke Nukem came early." and the release date will be sometime in late April or early May.
This is what I thought too. This is an april 1st joke 100% sure.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Didn't see this coming... The game is cursed. Must be.
Wait, really?

I bet they've been planning on this all along, just for a laugh. Hell, I expected them to at least delay it by like ONE day just before release, just for fun.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
OK people taking bets, when you load up the game, after you hit start and the intro music starts playing.... Rickroll'd

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Wheeehahahahahahaaaaa

I say we start calling it Duke Nukem Forever and a Day.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Not at all surprised, but it's a month delay rather than a year delay, so I'm ok with this

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
The Duke never "comes" early.
Heh, nice tagline.

As for the new release date; international before US, boo yah!

On a more serious note, grrr delays...

Apr 28, 2008
This is the funniest thing I've read today. The only way it could get better is if Valve delayed Portal 2.

Cool Welshy

Mar 15, 2011
AW SON OF A...

Meh, I'm certain one more won't hurt.

Also, international release before America. YES.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I'm not particularly interested in the game. But I find it hilarious non the less for some reason. At least they sort of went about it humurously instead of a boring press conference, or no notification beyond a post on their website. A month later isn't so bad for some people.

They should hope to dear god the game is incredible after putting their potential customers through so many hoops. The game taking 15 years was one thing, but to keep pushing it back, they might be afraid it won't live up to expectations.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
A delay that's a little over one month? Acceptable, especially considering how long a wait it has been so far, but still pretty funny.

P.S. Is it grammatically correct to abbreviate it has as it's, or is that only for it is?