Gearbox Delays Duke Nukem Forever Until Summer

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
I swear the moment people pop this disc into their systems all theres going to be is an FMV of Randy Pitchford laughing in our faces "You really though it was coming din't you AHAHAHAHA"

kidigus

Nov 17, 2009
Maby this game was just cursed from the start to never come out, can you think of any other reason?

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
ok that's it. duke nukem forever is never coming out. we were all immense fools to believe any different. pack your bags guys, we're outta here.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
In other news: Episode 3 is still never going to come out because everyone keeps making jokes about Gaben being a fatass.

Seriously, why am I not at all suprised?

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
damn, I just pre-ordered on Friday aswel... when i first saw it in stores for pre-order, i thought it was a big prank, then it hung around and trailers got released, so i thought, hey, its real, but looks like the joke is on me and all the others who have pre ordered it

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
The Seldom Seen Kid said:
So are they actually working on a game at all, or have they been trolling us all this time?
Gonna laugh if 13 years from now it's still in 'development'.

DarthNinja

Feb 3, 2010
They should have released the delay notice on April 1st just to troll a bit more.
I can't say I care too much, I've been waiting this long, whats another month. Besides, I have Crysis 2 and Assassins Creed 2 waiting to be played!

Trako

Jul 23, 2008
Not a surprise.

I almost didn't want to comment on this, but I'm sure there are those who are foaming at the mouth. Please see a doctor about that.

I'm of the mindset now of "if it comes out, cool, if not, ah well" because titles get canceled just about every month now, seemingly. I for one don't see how drooling over an in-development game for so long and then becoming spiteful if it becomes delayed is helping anyone.

I wrote to Thomas Liam McDonald a while back about the phenomenon of the games media simultaneously wanting to score the sneak peak and also admonishing the developers and pretty much begging them to hurry up and finish. Those who stick to schedule, have excellent QA and have gotten most of the bugs out by release are lauded but also chided for being released later than was suitable. On the other hand, if it is released quickly, seemingly to the joy of the readers and the media, it is often a buggy, unplayable mess.

It's all a really complicated intertwined web that involves the publishers, developers, the media and the consumers. Pull too hard one way and you get a lot of angry people, pull not enough another way and you barely get noticed.

I tend to stay away from publications that have that dichotomy because it's sending them the wrong message each time I give them money. I don't support these tactics nor that kind of speculative reporting. Press releases are a different matter altogether, and I don't count those. It's the rumor mill or the barrage of "please Mr developer, hurry up and release a buggy pile so we can play it and rip it apart" kind of shlock I am against. They are indirectly inciting many people to be more upset about a release that was pushed back when it really should be more of a good thing, hopefully meaning it's getting as perfected as possible.

Waiting never hurt anyone... outside of the ER.