Gearbox Wants Female Duke Nukem Game

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I was actually thinking of this earlier. I thought it would be interesting at the start if you could pick both your gender and sexual orientation. The best way to dance around sexism is to merely support ALL sides.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
cainx10a said:
Ain't Bayonetta the female Duke Nukem? :p
I guess so, and people pointed out that she was oversexualised.

*looks at picture of Duke*

Um... why is it that no one's complained about Duke being oversexualised?
Because every man has a square jaw and is build like Jesus during his weighlifting phase of course. Men can't be sexualized, they're not sexual objects- they never have sex with anyone! no sir.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Do you know something? If this happens, not one person will complain. While people are butthurt about feminism no one cares about males being put down in Duke Nukem.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Yes, she should be called Countess Kickass, and then they can team up in a topview coop game.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Lara Croft at her worst was sort of the female Duke Nukem. At her best she was more of a female Indiana Jones/James Bond.

Man, I hope that new game doesn't suck. So much potential there.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
WanderingFool said:
cainx10a said:
Hmm, she isnt really that ego-centric like Duke though. But I may have missed something...
That can always be fixed in the sequel. bayonetta did strike me as a farily self absorbed chick, anyways, may as well go all the way, right?

Shellsh0cker

Defender of the English Language
Oct 22, 2008
zenmetzger said:
The closest thing to Female Duke Nukem...let me think... self aware mockery of teen fantasies thriving on controversy and catering to the lowest common denominator...

...Paris Hilton?
*snerk*

Yeah, people need to stop taking this so seriously. No, this isn't the "it's just a game" argument. It's the "it's Duke Nukem" argument. Duke has always been like this. He is a parody of masculinity--a joke. If they changed that, it wouldn't be a Duke Nukem game. I'm glad Gearbox seems to be thinking along the same lines.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
There's a movie coming out that is exactly that. Don't remember the title, but Natalie Portman is in it with a couple of commedians.

Also...(NSFW)This could all be yours, Gearbox.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
So they are going to make a Twilight game?
I haven't read it or seen the movie but from what I heard, it seems quite egocentric to me.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
WanderingFool said:
cainx10a said:
Hmm, she isnt really that ego-centric like Duke though. But I may have missed something...
Nah. Like another said she's more like a female Dante.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
The thing is that the guys who enjoy Duke Nukem (like myself) enjoy it because of how ridiculously over the top everything is. A female version of the same character would have to be different, because, no matter what feminists say, males and females are completely different. A female Duke Nukem type character would most likely be angled towards females, and females probably wouldn't enjoy Daisy Nukem's over the top personality as much as males enjoy Duke's. It's still an interesting idea though.
Also, I love how many people are getting pissed off at the game. It's truly amusing to see all these groups get angry over a game that's specifically designed to be full of crude humor and content that could be considered sexist from a glance.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
cainx10a said:
Sounds about right.

...though even as a godslaying witch on an assertive S&M rampage against the heavenly host, she didn't manage to attract as much controversy as the Duke has.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Hmmm female Duke Nukem... I am slightly aroused by that idea. I'm sure there is a talented modder/team of modders out there that could figure it out.

Also female Duke totally has to pee standing up. So epic.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
ShenCS said:
cainx10a said:
She's the female Dante. Although I suppose Dante could be called the Japanese Nukem. Hmm... That would be one HELL of a crossover game.
Capcom, Gearbox, GET ON THAT NOW!

That being said, I'd pay for some DLC that allows us to play as the female version of Duke. It would be interesting if only to see how "feminists" deal with a self-centered female character who used the men around her as nothing but sex-toys...

They'd probably still complain about sexism...

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Haha, hilarious! Wonder how the feminists would react to this game, they'd probably request to be one of the main characters in the game or something.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Keirgo said:
ShenCS said:
cainx10a said:
She's the female Dante. Although I suppose Dante could be called the Japanese Nukem. Hmm... That would be one HELL of a crossover game.
Damn, nw I've got Duke, Bayonetta, Dante and Deadpool running around in my head.
That's got to hurt like hell...especially since that much awesome in one place would probably cause a singularity that would cause all of the multiverse to implode in on itself.

Anyways, it would be interseting to see what a female version of Duke Nukem would be like. Personally, I'm picturing a woman who would use high athletics instead of brute force, essentially using combo attacks the likes of which would require bullet-time to see properly...and would STILL look badass enough to probably kick your ass just by looking at you.