Gearbox Worried Duke Nukem Too Crude For ESRB

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Meh, I'm not too worried. If something like God of War 3 or Dante's Inferno (and probably Bulletstorm, too) can make it past the censors, then so can this game.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
god damnit! thanks to the soccer moms Duke is going to be a pussy just because Billy Mc.Kid isnt allowed to see strippers!
EDIT: this is probaly going to be AO

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
slutmonkey8 said:
It would be quite annoying if they tone it down before they're allowed to sell it. Why are those things allowed to be in films but not video games? Surely people who are offended by the game's content just shouldn't buy it.
The sad thing is I'm pretty sure the types of people who are offended by this kind of thing don't buy games anyway.

Feb 13, 2008
TheLoneSeeker said:
Can't see this making it in to Australia anytime soon :-|
Which, given your cultural stereotype, is bemusing. One could imagine a young Les Patterson acting in a similar way.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
makes sense, he's got a reasonable worry there

Duke Nukem is too manly for any rating system

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee not-so-subtely dropped that the Duke would be making an appearance at the Mana Bar in his latest blog entry, which suggests the game might already on it's way to Australia. God, I hope so, anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Duke Nukem come Down Under...god, I can't believe I said that.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Duke Nukem's always been crude, but it never struck me as the kind of game that should warrant an M rating. The best thing about it was that it was crude without going too far. Yeah, there were strippers in Duke 3D, but "Duke getting pleasured by two girls at once"? That's a bit much. It's a gimmick in God of War, and it's a gimmick here, and gimmicks don't ever help the game.

Ligisttomten

Sep 20, 2004
I hope they won't tone it down because Americans refuse to acknowledge the existance of certain body parts.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
Fuck ESRB. If they keep it as in-yo-face as it is, I'm all over it. Enough no-big-deal-looking-and-sounding games already.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Of course, in terms of explicity (hey, I just invented a new word!), it's not going to have anything Duke3D didn't have.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
On the back of the box, in lieu of a laundry list of offenses against the ESRB, it will simply say: Duke Nukem.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Fredrikorex said:
I wonder if this game gets an adults only rating...
(I hope not)
i hate to break it to you but i rekon it will...i mean... it IS duke nukem after all

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
Simple release a toned down version, with an online patch, im sure console gamers will get skrewed over here but it would work for pc gamers. I dont know if they control dlc on consoles but they dont control patches.

if its rated AO and theres alot of controversy over it... i see it selling a hell of alot better.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Snor said:
young children + the duke = more deranged swearing children = more hospitalised children due to concussion by blunt object
Hey I'll have you know I played Duke3D when I was 5, and I turned out just fine. Now if you excuse me, my hoe has stopped working down stairs, I need to discipline the c*** and I should wipe that scout girl's blood off my shirt while I'm at it!

In all seriousness though I can't see this coming to Australia. The only way it could possibly happen is if the Attorneys-General pull their heads out of their arses and just say a unanimous "YES" in Novemeber, rather than delay the decision again for more bullshit reasons, and EVEN IF all that happens, Gearbox have to wait for all the legal shennanigans to be finalised before submitting the game to the OFLC.

In otherwords, I'm ready to jump on the import bandwagon.