Gearbox Worried Duke Nukem Too Crude For ESRB

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
Don't You change it! its sounds amazing! if this game stays the way it is im 80% possitive it will be the highest selling AO game on the market ever!!!

The Journey

Jul 12, 2010
TheLoneSeeker said:
Can't see this making it in to Australia anytime soon :-|
You and me both pal. Though this 'troubling' content, as it will be portrayed, actually makes me want to buy it. Like, really.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
I think you guys really are taking this too far. "Toning it down" to an M rating is exactly what the developers want to do. Most retailers refuse to stock AO games. An M rating is exactly what this game needs to sell well. And they are more then happy to make some minor content changes to increase sales.

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
The Journey said:
TheLoneSeeker said:
You and me both pal. Though this 'troubling' content, as it will be portrayed, actually makes me want to buy it. Like, really.
how is importing for an option? do you guys have a specific region code like the north America - Europe have (Asia too right) that makes the game unplayable if played on the wrong machine (as in European game, American xstation wii60)

if its for pc I don't see a problem in importing/downloading

The Journey

Jul 12, 2010
Snor said:
The Journey said:
TheLoneSeeker said:
how is importing for an option? do you guys have a specific region code like the north America - Europe have (Asia too right) that makes the game unplayable if played on the wrong machine (as in European game, American xstation wii60)

if its for pc I don't see a problem in importing/downloading
Well for console, my 360 can go for UK copies of games. For PC it wouldn't be an issue at all. Well, it wouldn't be an issue if my PC was less than eight years old. I really need a new computer.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Alpha1089 said:
They're making Duke Nukem exactly like Duke Nukem was back in his glory days? Foolish, naive developers, you're supposed to piss off the fanbase by raping and pillaging our memories of the greatness that was the Duke by making a gritty, cover-based shooter.

Gearbox - YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Exactly, If Hollywood taught us anything:

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Fredrikorex said:
I wonder if this game gets an adults only rating...
(I hope not)
its Duke Nukem... if this didnt have an 18+/M rating it would be an insult to us all.

DELTA x WOLF

Feb 11, 2009
I bet that they will pull off the Manhunt 2 issue and tone it down and ruin the point of the Duke Nukem series

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Gearbox must do the right thing and release Duke in it's full glory, regardless of what kind of rating it gets. Let it get an Adults Only rating, the game has been hyped for 12 years, so not only is there a good chance most Duke Fans are over 18, but also it probably just doesn't matter.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
It'll sell MORE with a adult rating. I remember the old Duke 3d said 18 on the box.
There are no young duke fans.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
There should be a law against calling The Duke "Too crude". ITS THE DUKE! HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE CRUDE!