Geekiest habits that you have.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
derob said:
I have a tendency to look up a word if I'm not a hundred percent sure on its spelling or its definition.
This happens to me a lot on school papers.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
Turning my computer on first thing every morning and I can (and frequently do) reference/quote Star Trek (or sometimes other Sci-fi) in almost any conversation.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I try to place my friends, coworkers, and any characters from anything into D&D roles. I also build characters just for fun.

Now for the geek A-Bomb...M fiance and I are currently preparing ourselves for possible Armageddon or zombie apocalypse. We have weapons at the ready, and we are currently creating emergency kits that we can just grab and go if need be. We are planning to eventually have our own house that is completely off the grid and self sufficient, as well as zombie and fallout proof (except for the game, which is welcome in my house! Cha ching!). I know, we are dorks, but we'll see who's laughing while we are the ones rebuilding.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Me and a few other friends tend to yell geek related words at each other, such as "GAMES", "INDOORS" or just plain "YOU MASSIVE NERD"

PekoponTAS

Mar 7, 2009
I tend to listen to the full American version of the Pokemon TV Show theme song at least once a week. >.>;

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
I sometimes say lol in real life when I'm with my geeky friends instead of laughing, also we call each other fucking noobs, no matter where we are.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
PekoponTAS said:
I tend to listen to the full American version of the Pokemon TV Show theme song at least once a week. >.>;
I want to be
The very best!

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
answering questions that most of friends do not know like how to you use a certain thing on their cell phone or how to you use a certain thing on the computer or ask me to type something for them cause for a guy i type very fast.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
My first order of business of a Monday is to watch Red vs Blue while on Wednesday Zero Punctuation is a must. My Escapist tab never closes. My laptop is almost always on when I'm in the house. I host Friday Night LAN Sessions of Minecraft. I only head into the city centre with friends if I need to pick up the latest issue of Deadpool or Fear Itself. I'm racking my brain for more. I'll keep you posted.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Fbuh said:
I try to place my friends, coworkers, and any characters from anything into D&D roles. I also build characters just for fun.

Now for the geek A-Bomb...M fiance and I are currently preparing ourselves for possible Armageddon or zombie apocalypse. We have weapons at the ready, and we are currently creating emergency kits that we can just grab and go if need be. We are planning to eventually have our own house that is completely off the grid and self sufficient, as well as zombie and fallout proof (except for the game, which is welcome in my house! Cha ching!). I know, we are dorks, but we'll see who's laughing while we are the ones rebuilding.
Me and my friends have been planning on getting together and working out the details of our zombie plan. Occasionally we discuss it, but we haven't got a chance to work out the kinks. I'm also planning on getting a gun license just be on the safe side in the case of a mild Class 1 outbreak.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
1. I substitute composing rants on the Escapist for real-world interaction with humans.
2. Turning on my computer is the first thing I do each day.
3. I not only play dice-and-paper games, I run them for my fellow nerds.
4. I read books. For enjoyment. Not all of them are fiction.
5. Friday night, while others are out drinking, laughing together, and occasionally having sex, I am trying for that annoying trophy in inFamous.
6. This is every night, actually.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Zyst said:
Pretty basic, list the geekiest habits or geeky things that you do in real life.

For example, when I get into my car I start driving, then like 20 seconds later I turn around in a panic to check the back seat (Mind you, I actually feel scared) to see if there aren't any zombies. I can thank zombie land for this one.

Rule #31 - Check The Back Seat.
Wherever I go there's a little part in the back of my brain that thinks that I'm in a warzone (I blame me playing too many FPSs). Now I'm a ninja because of it.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
When old exam questions use names of star trek characters, characters and planets from doctor who etc as the names of people or businesses, i'm the only person geeky enough to get the reference and it annoys me inside.

eggmiester

Mar 10, 2011
I REALLY enjoy thinking of really cool powers with a logical, scientific explanation.
for example: the power to control adrenaline. super strength, super speed, impervious to pain... awesome!

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Ambi said:
Turning on my computer is the first thing I do when I wake up.
Glad im not the only one, it's the exact first thing I do after getting out of bed, apart from covering up my morning woody.