Gene Simmons Declares War on Anonymous

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Legion said:
Arec Balrin said:
Legion said:
Good luck to him. I am getting sick of this "Don't mess with Anonymous" fear that so many people seem to feel.
You name makes this ironic.
Anonymous didn't invent the word, nor motto. They borrowed it as I did, so I disagree.
In fairness to Balrin, anon is more famously know for using the word than you are, and you show a disliking for the anonymous. So yeah, it is ironic.

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
Wait, are we talking about just random anonymous internet dwellers, or anon from 4chan? I can see this going either way with the former, but if Gene is up against /b/, he's fucked.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Finally someone has declared war on Anon outside of their bedroom and actually might give a good fight. Although he mentioned the FBI and snagging a few "adventurous kids". After all who have gone before him, those words just sound hollow.

I'll just lurk in the corner with the popcorn.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
So, the main thing I grasped from this is that Simmons actually had the guts to be a copyright jerk.

That's nice, Gene. Especially after your son has been accused of stealing the fuck out of Bleach in his manga, oh, half a year ago.

I'll be definitely rooting for Anon this time.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:
well so much for liking simmons, he sounds like a pretty big dick
Ya, he's a total dick for vowing to go after people who are engaged in illegal activities, including attacking his own site. He should learn that these crimes don't hurt anybody, and that poor college kids can't afford to buy music so should be given it for free.

Oh wait...
No, he's a dick for wishing anal rape on people. :p

Regardless, I doubt he'll add much to the effort of tracking them down.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I like how Anonymous are against these people who try and rule through fear and stopping people from speaking out. It's really noble how they take down websites with people trying to express their opinion on them even though that opinion is clearly stupid to anyone with half a brain cell.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Oooh, this should be good! *sets DVR to record while I go off and play Fallout: New Vegas*

Nov 7, 2009
latenightapplepie said:
Interesting. I'm actually not sure who I want to win; I dislike both a great deal....
This.
Simmons will fail, but I think he'll do at least some damage to Anonymous. If what he says about tracking down a few people is true, it'll be loltastic, but it's like fighting a swarm of bees. Except they're angry internet bees. And there's no honey.

[small]Work on your simile thingies.[/small]

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
huh.....i don't know who to root for....i like anonymous because they helped cached that puppy throwing girl...but Gene Simmons was in KISS...well i never really listened to kiss so my votes for anon.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:
Ya, he's a total dick for vowing to go after people who are engaged in illegal activities, including attacking his own site. He should learn that these crimes don't hurt anybody, and that poor college kids can't afford to buy music so should be given it for free.

Oh wait...
He's a dick for saying that he wants people to lose their homes, lose their lives and put them in jail for downloading a song that's worth $0.99

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
EightGaugeHippo said:
Legion said:
Arec Balrin said:
Legion said:
Good luck to him. I am getting sick of this "Don't mess with Anonymous" fear that so many people seem to feel.
You name makes this ironic.
Anonymous didn't invent the word, nor motto. They borrowed it as I did, so I disagree.
In fairness to Balrin, anon is more famously know for using the word than you are, and you show a disliking for the anonymous. So yeah, it is ironic.
True, but as I pointed out, I borrowed it, I am not claiming originality. I also like it for reasons that are completely different from theirs (based upon their attitude and actions that is).

Their ideal seems to be "We are many and you don't know us, so don't mess with us". Which to me, is just plain cowardice. Old school bullying where they can't do it alone or if they risk any consequences.

JeanLuc761 said:
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:

Oh wait...
He's a dick for saying that he wants people to lose their homes, lose their lives and put them in jail for downloading a song that's worth $0.99
If they are that stupid to risk going to jail for that then that's their problem not his.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
All I should say is:

TROLOLOLOL.

But really, Gene Simmons was acting like the dick, the music industry is full of dicks and have done horrible things to people, ruined lives. I think this is one of the better things done by /b/. Some day, I hope the Music Industry goes down.

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
Well, nice knowing you Gene Simmons, you don't have much of a chance against Anonymous.
I'm not sure who is right here, yes people should be punished for breaking the law, but the punishment should fit the crime. What Simmons is suggesting takes the cake, spews it up and eats it again.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:

Oh wait...
He specifically advocated sexual assault as a punishment for downloading a $0.99 song. That's something completely different than "standing up" against "criminals".

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:

Oh wait...
"Make sure your brand is protected, be litigious, sue anybody - take their homes, their cars, don't let anybody cross that line," he said at the time. "The music industry was asleep at the wheel and didn't have the balls to go and sue every fresh-faced, freckle-faced college kid who downloaded a clip, so now we're left with hundreds of people without jobs."

that sounds like a pretty big dick to me

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I'm not sure who I hate more, Simmons for wanting to sue everyone, and basically ruin their lives because he made a million less than he wanted too? Or anon for being a giant rabies mob of hackers who take offense to everything?

Oh well should be interesting.