Gene Simmons Declares War on Anonymous

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
One man versus the Great Dark Beyond?

Interesting. Hold on, I need to make some popcorn...

BigEaZyE

Sep 10, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:
well so much for liking simmons, he sounds like a pretty big dick
Ya, he's a total dick for vowing to go after people who are engaged in illegal activities, including attacking his own site. He should learn that these crimes don't hurt anybody, and that poor college kids can't afford to buy music so should be given it for free.

Oh wait...
He's a dick for saying that he wants people to lose their homes, lose their lives and put them in jail for downloading a song that's worth $0.99
People already aren't paying attention to the fact that it's illegal to download music/movies because it's largely uninforced. Think threatening them with a $20 fine is going to change that?

Provide a few examples of people getting fucked over as a concequence and provide proof of the ability to track down who does, and suddenly a lot less people will take the chance.

Those who still do have made their own decision. They know the concequence, and have chosen a course of action anyway. I have no sympathy.

The current (my) generation of 15-28 year olds need to learn that they can and should be held responsible for their own actions, something society has done a shit poor job of doing recently.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Hey Gene, The Internet's got a pretty big Johnson, and your many gaping orifices are drawing its attention.

I've got popcorn, if anyone wants to share.

BigEaZyE said:
JeanLuc761 said:
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:
Ya, he's a total dick for vowing to go after people who are engaged in illegal activities, including attacking his own site. He should learn that these crimes don't hurt anybody, and that poor college kids can't afford to buy music so should be given it for free.

Oh wait...
He's a dick for saying that he wants people to lose their homes, lose their lives and put them in jail for downloading a song that's worth $0.99
People already aren't paying attention to the fact that it's illegal to download music/movies because it's largely uninforced. Think threatening them with a $20 fine is going to change that?

Provide a few examples of people getting fucked over as a concequence and provide proof of the ability to track down who does, and suddenly a lot less people will take the chance.

Those who still do have made their own decision. They know the concequence, and have chosen a course of action anyway. I have no sympathy.

The current (my) generation of 15-28 year olds need to learn that they can and should be held responsible for their own actions, something society has done a shit poor job of doing recently.
Why stop there, why not hang, draw and quarter petty thieves? Want to steal a Mars bar? Tough luck, Jimmy, now you're going to be ripped in half. Twice.
Public execution for public nudity.
Lock up underage drinkers in mental institutions.
Have the families of j-walkers burned alive inside their own houses.

Move to Saudi Arabia if you want unrealistic and completely disproportional punishment for petty crimes.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Go anon, I'm all for a little internet fight/justice/funny as long as its a non critical site.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
One arrogant dick vs many anonymous dicks.

Huh.

Wouldn't it be great if they managed to wipe each other off the planet?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'd laugh if it wasn't Gene Simmons... but it is Gene Simmons. Them Anons be fucked, yo'.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
BigEaZyE said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't support piracy (exception to the rule being when something is impossible to attain any other way). However, it is a completely overblown reaction to ruin the lives of people who steal even 10 songs (a grand worth of $10).

Same goes for the court cases where a woman was sued $2,000,000 for sharing 24 songs. That sort of punishment is beyond excessive; it's impossibly greedy.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Sun Flash said:
Finally someone has declared war on Anon outside of their bedroom and actually might give a good fight. Although he mentioned the FBI and snagging a few adventurous kids, after all who have gone before him, those words sound hollow.

I'll just lurk in the corner with the popcorn.
*walks over to corner*
*Joins Sun Flash in lurking*

Trade some gummi worms for some popcorn?

OT: I can see this getting good, but at the same time I can also see both sides realizing that no good will really come of it for either of them and backing off.

sosolidshoe

May 17, 2010
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:

Oh wait...
Yeah those rotten college kids, putting themselves in vast debt so that they can work in fields which benefit the whole of society, and give themselves a shot at a decent salary! They totally deserve to go to jail and get assraped because they dared to download a song made by a guy who makes millions of dollars a year, has millions more in assets, and lives a life of absolute, constant luxury.

Oh wait....

See, that's why we shouldn't use appeals to emotion when forming and relaying our opinions, because they're pretty damn easy to turn around. How about you, and Gene here, try looking at the evidence surrounding unlawful downloading, instead of acting like knob-ends over the whole situation.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
BigEaZyE said:
snip
Didn't the Hurt Locker guys try this and they where pretty much ignored. I know a few ppl that just went out of their way to download a few versions and seed for an extra amount of time just out of spite.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Does Gene have any idea what kind of giant he is provoking? Anon will fucking destroy him before he does any real damage to them.

Ultratwinkie said:
lacktheknack said:
Is there any way that both can lose? Please?
not if gene simmons takes down 4chan's site owner. take the site owner down and anonymous will have had a crushing blow. take down ebaum's world, and anonymous is finished.
If those two sites go down the Anon will simply use Encyclopedia Dramatica as a base while they set up a new website. You cannot destroy Anonymous with law suits as it will only piss them off more and wake the beast further. Unless you somehow ended internet anonymity entirely Anonymous will always be there. It isn't a group its a culture and those are damn hard to get rid of.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Worgen said:
Gene Simmons is KNOWN for being a dick. He's a pure business man. He does what needs to be done. He's an asshole, and he's stingy with every penny he earns. He doesn't let people fuck with him. It's how he got where he is today.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Wow, anyone who declares war on Anon is going to have a rough time. I don't like either so I'm completely indifferent about what the final result will be.

Jul 22, 2009
Wow he does sound like a complete dick here...

I think this will be funny... you can't sue every anonymous entity on the internet.. just the ones who don't know how to mask themselves properly.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
zHellas said:
Oooh, this should be good! *sets DVR to record while I go off and play Fallout: New Vegas*
Sounds good. I think I will go do that to.

I'll come back in month and I hope to see some development.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
cobrausn said:
Well, Simmons doesn't half-ass anything. I expect this to be a good show.
They have already DDOS a ton of his partner sites, found a sex tape where he cheats on his girlfriend/wife thingy, with a girl who wont even kiss him, despite him trying, and they plan on doing more.

Pretty sure he's lost..

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
The fact that the FBI is involved should be a pretty good indication of the legality of their actions. And if you had the guts to break the law, you'd better be ready to do the time(or pay the fine more likely).

I'm not saying Mr. Simmons statement was nice, just that people are allowed to say shit and you aren't allowed to hack their site for it.

Besides, Anonymous always seemed like a bunch of self righteous dumbasses anyways. They could use a few consequences to put them in their place.