Gene Simmons Declares War on Anonymous

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
Not sure how I feel about this... downloaders and hackers aren't killing the music industry. The MUSIC INDUSTRY is killing the music industry. They found a formula that worked for them, but with the changing times, their greed didn't allow them to change, so they fucked themselves over, refusing to see that no one is buying CDs anymore... oh well. I buy my music legally so this doesn't really affect me.

On the other hand, though, Gene Simmons getting involved in a copyright war is ironic considering the debacle with his son's "manga" and him tracing the pants off of Bleach and DeviantArt pieces... this should be interesting.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
Azaraxzealot said:
finally... someone's sticking up to these internet terrorists.

and im glad its Gene Simmons \m/ YEAH! ROCKERS DON'T TAKE THIS SHIT!
Did you just say "internet terrorists"?

... good lord...

Oh and surprise but quite a lot of anons are rockers, they just don't like people spouting off crap like putting teenagers in jail for downloading a song.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
As much as I respect the man, I disagree with his cause, and think that fighting Anonymous is a highly ridiculous idea.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Please let there be a video of Gene Simmons claiming to have gotten the cyber police involved and their excellent back-tracing. Oh please.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
HT_Black said:
I give him a week, tops. You can screw with some of the people in all of the societies, or all of the people in some of the societies, but you can't screw with Anonymous. It'd be like trying to win a fistfight with everything West of Thailand.

Heh. I hope they give it to him straight.
What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?

Gene could win that firstfight and sleep with all their women before dinner.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Dyp100 said:
All I should say is:

TROLOLOLOL.

But really, Gene Simmons was acting like the dick, the music industry is full of dicks and have done horrible things to people, ruined lives. I think this is one of the better things done by /b/. Some day, I hope the Music Industry goes down.
You can easily swap the names of Gene Simmons and Anonymous around there and your first statement of ruining lives holds true.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
After seeing Gene's side of this, I actually hope Anonymous wins.
Or both feth off to another dimension, never to be seen again.
Along with a load of other people.
Even if I have to open the warp gate by sacrificing myself >.>

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
I honestly think Anon is in the right here. Face it, the RIAA and friends have been in the wrong when it comes to downloading music, and Simmons just wants more of the same crap they've been pulling that hasn't worked. Simmons is being a complete dick in this. Essentially, he says that raping downloaders is justified for the theft of a few albums. What the Hell? Tear him a new one, Anon.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Moriarty70 said:
HT_Black said:
I give him a week, tops. You can screw with some of the people in all of the societies, or all of the people in some of the societies, but you can't screw with Anonymous. It'd be like trying to win a fistfight with everything West of Thailand.

Heh. I hope they give it to him straight.
What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?

Gene could win that firstfight and sleep with all their women before dinner.
Pshaw. Gene Simmons? That man couldn't win a fistfight if he had a gun.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
The thing most people need to learn, is that there isn't an 'Anonymous'. You can't ring anonymous headquarters a put in a complaint. Anonymous don't 'do' anything.

Anonymous is nothing more than a label applied to a bunch of people who choose to take some kind of action via the internet and very rarely in real life. So saying 'anonymous are a bunch of self righteous dicks' doesn't really make sense.

Declaring war on anon is very much like the US going into Vietnam. You will lose as you are trying to fight a disparate enemy using traditional tactics. Of course the key difference being that eventually anon will get bored and disappear, and that anon won't do anything which involves leaving the house.

Final comment, Gene Simmonds is a dick, adapt or die, simple as.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
The Zango said:
You mess with anon, its going to be messy.

They are legion, they do not forgive and they do not forget. Expect us them

OT: I think its pretty stupid to be honest, Gene Simmons is not going to stop the hackers and at the same time, anon isn't going to turn Simmons into the new Jessi slaughter. A waste of time better spent trolling Justin Bieber fans if you ask me.

lemby117 said:
Who is this anonymous?
I'm 12, what is this?

Anonymous is basically the Ubermencht (I think thats how you spell it) that consists of the users of 4chan, a pretty malicious bunch, one that I personally wouldn't like to be threatening over the net.
It's "Uebermensch" and Anonymous, i.e. /a/v/b/, /b/ much more so than the other two, are the absolute worst on the entire site. Not that there is much of value left on 4chan, but /b/ has and will always be the most obnoxious board not only on 4chan, but on the entire internet.
There is nothing to glorify about a bunch massive amount of kids being let by a few people rallying them.

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
Why does nobody every learn that taunting and threatening Anonymous never ends well. Operation Payback only started because some bright spark at the RIAA decided to hire a firm to DDoS The Pirate Bay, and the firm they hired boasted about it. Anonymous is only ever a threat when they band together, so why give them a reason to unite?

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I'm a really big KISS fan and they're one of my favourite bands. While I understand Gene's viewpoint and can somewhat agree, I think the punishments he's suggesting are ridiculously brutal for what we're talking about and it was a really silly thing for him to say. This has been the problem for every artist going after piracy, they don't have any understanding of WHY people download music, they just see some numbers and act on it prematurely, generalizing the whole thing.

If he hadn't acknowledged Anon then they would've just lost interest, by doing this he's now done the most stupid thing he can possibly do in this situation and it'll be trouble soon. Good going there Demon. He should just let this one slide, I'm still a fan of the guy despite some really dick things he's said/done.

Also, his Bass skills haven't improved in about 30 years and he's made one album in the last 30 years, why the fuck does he even care? He should spend more time making sure his kid doesn't completely steal anymore of peoples Manga's as well, I couldn't believe that situation, one of the worst things I've ever seen in the field of arts, I hope he doesn't get away with that.

Anyways, yeah, that's my view on it.

Whichi

Sep 13, 2010
Legion said:
Good luck to him. I am getting sick of this "Don't mess with Anonymous" fear that so many people seem to feel.
Ironic statement. Considering the whole "We are Anon/Legion, we are many" correlation.

I still think Anon is going to win either way, simply because anon can be everywhere and can be anyone. Just a nameless, faceless individual that band together to form a giant machine that is fueled by hate and baby animals. Once you put a name and/or face on anon, (s)he is no longer the target of Gene's guided rage, thus rendering the "who will win?" arguement moot.

Besides which, who gives a shit about KISS? When was the last time they made a hit? or a Flop? or anything outside of a bullshit gimmicky reality TV show? I've stopped down at my local exchange shops and as games and movies get bought and sold back, the KISS selection keeps getting bigger and cheaper. I still refuse to be paid $100 to take a KISS CD off their hands.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I guess he is...
*puts on sunglasses*
Dressed to /kill

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!

Hehe, had to do that. Now, I really like Kiss but this "sue everyone's asses off"-opinion seems a bit drastic.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Just in reference to all people bitching about music piracy.

Music is dead. Home taping killed it.

(quote stolen from some guy on techdirt.com, but it is awesome)