Gene Simmons Declares War on Anonymous

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
Krion_Vark said:
So saying how things could have been handled warranted an attack?
Simmons wanted a response to what he said, not sure if annon's attack was the response he wanted, but he is using it to his advantage (to get more media coverage).

Krion_Vark said:
And you are supporting this.
I do not support annon's attack nor do I support Simmons desperate use of his fading fame to sell more product.

Krion_Vark said:
So if you had a site and said something 4Chan did not like and they attacked your site you wouldn't be pissed and want to take them down?
If I deliberately tried to attract attention to myself by making provocative statements about suing most of the teenage population, I would have to accept both the upside and downside of that attention (especially when dealing with such an immature and vindictive demographic).

Krion_Vark said:
Seriously Anon has decided to go after someone who has A LOT of resources and money he is not going to go down without a fight.
Simmons has no 'resources' or skills on the 'net. His area of expertese is in self promotion.

Simmons reaction to annon was clearly a calculated risk.

The second this starts to cost him money he will stop. At the moment it is almost going according to Simmons plan.

Simmons hopes that annon will get bored and move on, leaving him looking like a hero for driving/scaring them off.

I am think he is half right.

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
To put it simply, I lol'd when I heard it the first time, and I lol'd again just now.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't quite get how the internet works, if the FBI came knocking at your door, you could simply say I had a malware problem and someone was using my computer to do it. No case against you, or you could simply say I didn't know what it was, both of which leave you high and dry.

Sorry FBI, you'll lose this one, you don't have the man power to track thousands of individuals all over the world, most of them are out of your jurisdiction.

Set sail for fail :)

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
I can't help but read those threats in a whole composed, badass killer voice. Like the guys in movies that can clearly have people killed or can do it themselves and have no issue doing so, but choose to give a fair warning for reputation purposes.

A whole "I'll tell you how you're going be killed. You have no chance, but I hope you learned your lesson. Have a nice day." sort of character.

I guess kind of appropriate, not like Gene Simmons is lacking in power.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
olikunmissile said:
Sorry FBI, you'll lose this one, you don't have the man power to track thousands of individuals all over the world, most of them are out of your jurisdiction.

Set sail for fail :)
Yes, contrary to what most believe, Anonymous is one of the most multicultural society on the internets (not on the surface anyway) Anons are White, Black, Yellow etc. Anonymous may be evil, but in the end they are USUALLY taking down people who deserve it.

"We Are Anonymous. We Are Legion. We Do Not Forgive. We Do Not Forget"
Get Ready For A Fight....

Malikk

Oct 19, 2010
JoJo Bizzaro 7 said:
I hate people. I really do.
I you recall, it was the music companies that instigated the conflict with an illegal DDoS-ing of the Pirate Bay. Operation Payback is simply retribution to the cheap-ass, hedonistic members of the industry who are afraid to lose a single penny.
Exactly (hence the Payback in Operation Payback...)

gmacarthur81

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Nov 13, 2009
"The internet is a series of tubes!"

Yes Gene, yes.

"It's not a big truck!"

Yes Gene, it's not a truck. Now it's time to change your Depends and for you to go to bed, it's nearly 6pm.

"I got an internet the other day!"

*sigh*

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Some people seem to misinterpret who exactly Anonymous are...

Anonymous is exactly that, an idea of anarchy, free speech, and anonymity that is not attached to any single person.
The reason you can't beat them is because you can't fight an idea, what is one man and a bunch of lawyers going to do? Ban freedom of expression? Develop emotion suppressing drugs so we can film Equilibrium 2 in real life?

Anon isn't just 4 chan, it's anyone that ever talks with their identity concealed.

This is why they have the Guy Fawkes mask.

That said, I'm not advocating for them, I'm not saying all of the people that use the name actually get it, or that they aren't going to far. But even if you beat the current anon movement time will prove that the idea is eternal.

ntnimara

Oct 3, 2008
wow Gene, I dig some of your tunes.. but your attitude against those less fortunate than you is lame..

I'll be cheering for the swarm in this one

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Huh, and I had no idea such things were even going on...

Interesting to see how things turn out.

Andantil

May 10, 2009
Gene cannot win, Anonymous cannot lose.
Anonymous cannot win, Gene cannot lose.
You can't fight anonymous, and the people in charge don't give a damn.

Still good lulz all through the tubes, though.

Brumbsy

Sep 20, 2010
So if Gene does sue some of anon, then anon will retaliate back. At least, the stupid ones will. Then Gene takes out more of the stupid ones and then we're left with an intelligent anon...DON'T DO IT MR. SIMMONS!!!

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
viper3 said:
Azaraxzealot said:
finally... someone's sticking up to these internet terrorists.

and im glad its Gene Simmons \m/ YEAH! ROCKERS DON'T TAKE THIS SHIT!
Thanks for the Fox News edition there, coming up next: How communism was the "terrorism" of the 50's.
sigh.... it has nothing to do with any of THAT, what it DOES have to do with is that Trolls have too much power. since the world practically runs on computers, and people like these trolls have clearly demonstrated that they can destroy any computer network they want, i worry that if they just keep being allowed to do what they do without regulation, we could see our next president being a lolcat...
There's a whole lot of things wrong there, i'll start from the top, Trolls in the internet sense, have as much or as little power as moderators give them, they cannot 'destroy' computer networks, this would take physical actions of violence, they can however overload servers as a demonstration, in Gene's case, it was a demonstration that one cannot simply ruin the lives of others because they're outted a few dollars that they otherwise don't need to survive. The music industry as is, has gotten this far by refusing to convert to the times, like the news papers are, they're slowly dying and the few industrious newer trypes are coming out and starting E-papers, this is a natural progression of technology into society, if piracy didn't exist, in theory, music companies could charge whatever they wanted for music, because there is no alternative, especially for lables that have no iTunes stores.

They either pick up with the times, or die out like the news papers are, simple as that, leaning on the crutch that piracy is killing them is a red herring, their white whale, it will not be stopped, lawsuits will do nothing and their future gets dimmer every second that they waste on reactionary old world scare tactics, live with, or die fighting the technological age, it's here to stay.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
What really grinds my gears is how Gene Simmons wants the music industry to sue more people. Fuck that. This culture of litigation needs to stop. You can't solve a problem by suing it into oblivion.