General Gaming News.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I mean, that is a whole other debate in and of itself, but if it is a choice between the two (and it isn't - these things are entirely unrelated), I'd much rather take an uncompromised gameplay loop, over some frankly obnoxious butt shots of Miranda, whilst she is explaining her tragic backstory.

Besides, she is still walking around in a skin-tight latex suit with thigh-high boots. Nobody is taking that away from you.
I legit didn't notice their absence but that's because you only speak to Miranda about two or three times once the game is underway outside of the romance path. Also I always put her in that armour suit she gets in the cosmetic DLC because it looks cooler. So her butt shots looked like I was staring at Arcee from Transformers.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
At last the toxic frat boy culture will die at last and there is nothing the chuds can do about it as Activision is getting enough bad press the outlets is refusing to cover anything but the lawsuit that is only going to tank the company further

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Okay I haven't seen a dedicated topic on the Blizzard thing going on, and I think I understand the most of it, but one thing jumped out at me.
Cubicle crawls. The allegation is male Blizzard employees would get day drunk, at work, and go up and down the cubicle isles sexually harassing female employees, one after the other, in full and open view of the entire floor/office and it was just normal. Stumbling drunk dudes asking to see some tits or for a handjob in the bathroom, at like 11 oclock in the morning, and it was just normal. The women were afraid to speak up, and management thought it was what people did on a Tuesday.
And I dunno it feels...made up, or exaggerated. Just that level of blatant harassment, just comically over the top from like Revenge of the Nerds evil frat house levels of harassment. It sounds like the kind of shit that would have happened in the 50s, a good 70 years ago.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Okay I haven't seen a dedicated topic on the Blizzard thing going on, and I think I understand the most of it, but one thing jumped out at me.
Cubicle crawls. The allegation is male Blizzard employees would get day drunk, at work, and go up and down the cubicle isles sexually harassing female employees, one after the other, in full and open view of the entire floor/office and it was just normal. Stumbling drunk dudes asking to see some tits or for a handjob in the bathroom, at like 11 oclock in the morning, and it was just normal. The women were afraid to speak up, and management thought it was what people did on a Tuesday.
And I dunno it feels...made up, or exaggerated. Just that level of blatant harassment, just comically over the top from like Revenge of the Nerds evil frat house levels of harassment. It sounds like the kind of shit that would have happened in the 50s, a good 70 years ago.
I don't think its made up but it sound like something that happened once but is being reported as if happening all the time, if for no other reason than if it did happen all the time there would have been videos of it (even if people didn't care about the harassment side they would video it just to share as a funny "haha look at these drunk idiot" moment).

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I don't think its made up but it sound like something that happened once but is being reported as if happening all the time, if for no other reason than if it did happen all the time there would have been videos of it (even if people didn't care about the harassment side they would video it just to share as a funny "haha look at these drunk idiot" moment).
Maybe? I can't imagine an office so toxic, so sexist an abusive that like Steve, Jack, Bob and Frank can come back from their 3-whiskey lunch and just go down the line asking Janet to show them her tits, asking Jessica if she does anal, asking Millie if she's ever done a girl, just over and over without the entire place in an uproar. Of like security guards getting involved, bosses firing people on the spot, women pepper spraying motherfuckers. Maybe it is, maybe Blizzard and the guys who work there thought it was a free-use social setting where women literally couldn't say no.
But it seems so over the top and aggressive to have happened even once without a massive shitstorm involving a bunch of lawyers, the police, firings, charges, compensation, etc...its not something HR can "look into" and find "no evidence of wrong doing".

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Maybe? I can't imagine an office so toxic, so sexist an abusive that like Steve, Jack, Bob and Frank can come back from their 3-whiskey lunch and just go down the line asking Janet to show them her tits, asking Jessica if she does anal, asking Millie if she's ever done a girl, just over and over without the entire place in an uproar. Of like security guards getting involved, bosses firing people on the spot, women pepper spraying motherfuckers. Maybe it is, maybe Blizzard and the guys who work there thought it was a free-use social setting where women literally couldn't say no.
But it seems so over the top and aggressive to have happened even once without a massive shitstorm involving a bunch of lawyers, the police, firings, charges, compensation, etc...its not something HR can "look into" and find "no evidence of wrong doing".
One would be surprised by how often people will act like zebras (yup, I recall hearing the same talk at freshman orientation more than two decades ago) if there is no firm mandate or protocol in place that strictly prohibits lewd behavior. Give an inch and some people will eventually work up to a mile, and when compounded by the derp herd mentality it can spell disaster.

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
Getting drunk at work and sexually harassing co-workers?

Most frat boys wouldn't stoop that low. This is outright criminal behaviour.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Getting drunk at work and sexually harassing co-workers? Most frat boys wouldn't stoop that low. This is outright criminal behaviour.
I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic, because that sounds exactly like what frat boys would do. I mean, they're literally the type to haze young men to death. Is this really such a stretch?

Doubt you'll be able to watch it legally, but check out Ms. Represented. It's a documentary series about women in the Australian Parliament. Some of the shit they have to endure sounds exactly like the Blizzard claims, and these are fucking government officials in the public eye. Like what hanselthecaretaker said, when people know there's no consequences for them, there's no end to how shitty they can be.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic, because that sounds exactly like what frat boys would do. I mean, they're literally the type to haze young men to death. Is this really such a stretch?
The hazing still happens too. In Michigan, I don't which University (I know it was one of the medium to smaller ones), but an 18 yr old kid died due to the fraternity's "initiation". It involved drinking lots of water along with some bullshit. Never mind, check the links in my next response.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Most frat boys wouldn't stoop that low. This is outright criminal behaviour.
You must be really that naive? Time to wake up, dude.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
The hazing still happens too. In Michigan, I don't which University (I know it was one of the medium to smaller ones), but an 18 yr old kid died due to the fraternity's "initiation". It involved drinking lots of water along with some bullshit.
Two years ago, our campus was shut down after a brawl broke out between frats. It was followed by several more violent incidents, one where a car was ambushed with it's windshield broken by a bat or some shit. Was an absolutely great experience for a sophomore me. The shit frats can get up to is insane, and that they can continue to exists proves exactly what's wrong with them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Two years ago, our campus was shut down after a brawl broke out between frats. It was followed by several more violent incidents, one where a car was ambushed with it's windshield broken by a bat or some shit. Was an absolutely great experience for a sophomore me. The shit frats can get up to is insane, and that they can continue to exists proves exactly what's wrong with them.
The irony is they’re put on a pedestal as some exemplary model for the school. Perhaps the problem is their immediate leadership merely consists of students themselves, who ultimately share the same character flaw potential as any of their peers. Plus at this age and setting (usually the first time away from the strictures or home life, easy access to drugs and alcohol, etc.), the male chemical/hormonal makeup is primed for a perfect storm of bullshit behavior.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
The irony is they’re put on a pedestal as some exemplary model for the school. Perhaps the problem is their immediate leadership merely consists of students themselves, who ultimately share the same character flaw potential as any of their peers. Plus at this age and setting (usually the first time away from the strictures or home life, easy access to drugs and alcohol, etc.), the male chemical/hormonal makeup is primed for a perfect storm of bullshit behavior.
I somewhat disagree. They're put on pedestal because more often than not, those in charge of universities are frat members themselves. Who then of course allow frats to exist despite their many, very public disgraces. Most frat leaders are taking graduate studies. They are actual fucking adults, who should most definitely know better.

So while yeah frats definitely take advantage of impressionable young men, it's mature older men who allow it to continue.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Doesn't excuse the shitshow the Olympics ceremony has been with scandals and protests galore. If this isn't the swan song that tells us that the Reiwa era is going to be a dark age for Japan I don't know what is

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Hoooo boy. Reddit and TLOU2, what a combination.

This made me a little angry, but also shocked at how pathetic people can be. How can you come home from your job or school and just go, "Okay, I'm going spend my free time fabricating a dangerous lie that will never benefit me in any way"?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hoooo boy. Reddit and TLOU2, what a combination.

This made me a little angry, but also shocked at how pathetic people can be. How can you come home from your job or school and just go, "Okay, I'm going spend my free time fabricating a dangerous lie that will never benefit me in any way"?
Because their lonely, miserable, assholes with nothing better to do with their lives and have the need to attach their entire being to games/corpos/consoles. The only reason they unite together is that they're ugly on the inside. If it was not for that or better opportunity came along, they would betray each other without a moments notice.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
People, separated from consequences for their actions, are absolute little wads of shit. It has always been thus, and always will be thus, until someone invents a way to punch idiots in the face through the Internet.