General Gaming News.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I somewhat disagree. They're put on pedestal because more often than not, those in charge of universities are frat members themselves. Who then of course allow frats to exist despite their many, very public disgraces. Most frat leaders are taking graduate studies. They are actual fucking adults, who should most definitely know better.

So while yeah frats definitely take advantage of impressionable young men, it's mature older men who allow it to continue.
That’s why I said “immediate”, as those in charge of universities are the equivalent of suits in a boardroom at a game studio who don’t know two shits about the goings-on that matter.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
People, separated from consequences for their actions, are absolute little wads of shit. It has always been thus, and always will be thus, until someone invents a way to punch idiots in the face through the Internet.
It's called banned on bad faith, say if there is a pathetic chud who has a similar posting style and handle for every forum they go to and spew the same BS every single time, all it takes is someone aware of them from another forum and have them fed to a spamcleaner. You will be amazed how unsubtle some trolls are until they have no place to go because sites are good at hunting socks

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Hoooo boy. Reddit and TLOU2, what a combination.

This made me a little angry, but also shocked at how pathetic people can be. How can you come home from your job or school and just go, "Okay, I'm going spend my free time fabricating a dangerous lie that will never benefit me in any way"?
So just FYI, r/thelostofus2 has now been privated.

Some would call this a victory, but I think no one really "won" here.

I visited that subreddit couple of times. Most of the time the posts were memes, screenshots of the game, cosplays, great discussion about the game, and was generally a interesting subreddit. It was just like any other subreddit. Yes, there were posts that shat on gfreviews, but those were already done to death at the beginning. Those posts didn't really gather that many likes.

And now look at the state. The members of that subreddit need to find another place talk about TLOU2, Matt and Shelby (the individuals in the video) are probably in a hurt state, anyone who got attacked for defending gfreviews probably never got any apologies or recompense, and everyone else who were involved probably got hurt in one way or another. IT seriously was exhausting to see so many flames being tossed back and forth.

I won't defend everyone who tried to threaten and harass these two, but I will say no one really "win" anything here. I feel nothing was accomplished and all the acts leading up to this point were for naught. Yes, the perpetrators are going private or just deleting their accounts altogether, but that's it. They won't likely face any more negative reprecautions after this, and may simply choose to come back with a new account.

At the end of the day, this was the most insane case that could've been resolved with "it's just a game". None of this was necessary.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Wow.... How sad of a state does your company have to be for the ex-boss to come up with an apology?
What bothers me is that he ran the bilzzard side of the company until 2018, apparently.

So either this shit was going on under his watch and he either didn't know or care about it, or somehow it manifested in the last 3 years since he left.

I'm more inclined to believe the former then the latter. I have no doubt Activision is a contributor, but the idea it was a pure bastion of respect until he left doesn't pass the smell test.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
What bothers me is that he ran the bilzzard side of the company until 2018, apparently.

So either this shit was going on under his watch and he either didn't know or care about it, or somehow it manifested in the last 3 years since he left.

I'm more inclined to believe the former then the latter. I have no doubt Activision is a contributor, but the idea it was a pure bastion of respect until he left doesn't pass the smell test.
I mean at least this guy is sounding sincere about it, unlike the current CEO

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
1. Change my mind: Ys IX is a far more competent game than Final Fantasy 7.
Original or remake? Either way, maybe that belongs in the Hot Takes thread.
Two years ago, our campus was shut down after a brawl broke out between frats. It was followed by several more violent incidents, one where a car was ambushed with it's windshield broken by a bat or some shit. Was an absolutely great experience for a sophomore me. The shit frats can get up to is insane, and that they can continue to exists proves exactly what's wrong with them.
What is a fraternity for, actually? I just realized that I've always head about them, but I don't know what purpose they actually serve.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

This made me a little angry, but also shocked at how pathetic people can be. How can you come home from your job or school and just go, "Okay, I'm going spend my free time fabricating a dangerous lie that will never benefit me in any way"?
This is why we can't have nice things, because the (wo)man children of the internet will pitch of hissy fit because they didn't like article on video game and apparently never learned fucking adulting skills.

This is what happens when you don't teach your kids how to fucking deal with shit in a mature manner. I mean, that and you get a toddler getting elected to office who spends 4 years screaming at his twitter account at 3 in the morning.

Last edited:

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
So just FYI, r/thelostofus2 has now been privated.

Some would call this a victory, but I think no one really "won" here.

I visited that subreddit couple of times. Most of the time the posts were memes, screenshots of the game, cosplays, great discussion about the game, and was generally a interesting subreddit. It was just like any other subreddit. Yes, there were posts that shat on gfreviews, but those were already done to death at the beginning. Those posts didn't really gather that many likes.

And now look at the state. The members of that subreddit need to find another place talk about TLOU2, Matt and Shelby (the individuals in the video) are probably in a hurt state, anyone who got attacked for defending gfreviews probably never got any apologies or recompense, and everyone else who were involved probably got hurt in one way or another. IT seriously was exhausting to see so many flames being tossed back and forth.

I won't defend everyone who tried to threaten and harass these two, but I will say no one really "win" anything here. I feel nothing was accomplished and all the acts leading up to this point were for naught. Yes, the perpetrators are going private or just deleting their accounts altogether, but that's it. They won't likely face any more negative reprecautions after this, and may simply choose to come back with a new account.

At the end of the day, this was the most insane case that could've been resolved with "it's just a game". None of this was necessary.
I see it as an absolute win, a hateful sub that served as the few holes where the haters can find some sympathy from the.opir oppressors gets deplattformed. The game will never receive true acceptance, always living with the fact the hateful are simply looking for a window to spill their hateful dialogue upon

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

The biggest allegation that sticks out is the one where a bunch of them all, on the regular, got drunk as lords and went cubicle crawling to assault (sexually or otherwise) their colleagues and no one does anything. The shit that would rain down upon me and my colleagues if we pulled that even once would slot easily into the Old Testament and that assumes we then don't get handed over to the police for a right proper LEGAL fisting after we're all loosened up by the professional one. Fucking Christ.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

I love girlfriend reviews! I first found that channel from their Fallout 76 review, great stuff. Who in the fuck would even think to try to frame them? I mean its a dude who plays games, and his girlfriend who watches. They're not industry hard-hitters. If they liked Last of us 2 or not, sure, whatever, who cares? Its like taking up arms and storming a capital because you or I liked/disliked Lou2. Why bother?

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
The biggest allegation that sticks out is the one where a bunch of them all, on the regular, got drunk as lords and went cubicle crawling to assault (sexually or otherwise) their colleagues and no one does anything. The shit that would rain down upon me and my colleagues if we pulled that even once would slot easily into the Old Testament and that assumes we then don't get handed over to the police for a right proper LEGAL fisting after we're all loosened up by the professional one. Fucking Christ.
Yep.

The best that the former CEO can defend himself with is that the people below him were keeping any news of this shit getting up to him, so he legit didn't know(Like the Earth King in Avatar, who totally didn't know the nation had been at War for a century because the people below him were keeping him in a bubble). The obvious downside of that means that the people working for him are rotten to the core and the corruption is systemic.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I love girlfriend reviews! I first found that channel from their Fallout 76 review, great stuff. Who in the fuck would even think to try to frame them? I mean its a dude who plays games, and his girlfriend who watches. They're not industry hard-hitters. If they liked Last of us 2 or not, sure, whatever, who cares? Its like taking up arms and storming a capital because you or I liked/disliked Lou2. Why bother?
You just answered your question twofold. It doesn't matter if they're hard hitters or not, the people that did this, get off on other people's misery. The fact they like the game means as far as those assholes are concerned, those redditors consider them the enemy. Politics or not. The fact that they like the game publicly, means the with me or against me attitude. Even though the nice couple are not causing any problems or starting stuff with other people. They just play games and mind their own business. Don't matter to those freaks.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Holy shit, this keeps getting worse and worse. I pray that employees win here.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Original or remake? Either way, maybe that belongs in the Hot Takes thread.
It's a "hot takes" thread, not a "nonsense takes" thread :).

I didn't know production had been in place since Shadowlands launched to begin with. Ugh.....you can't even joke about WoW being shit anymore because it's like....not even people's fault. I hate this so much. Like it has genuinely made me sick.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Well, this is unfortunate

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was not expecting this. Thank God, I live in Michigan. We got a lot of investment in the tech industry, so I know it ain't happening over here.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
It only effect Dells/Alienware but could affect other PCs in the future due to power consumption regulations.

Also, Gavin Newsom can go fuck himself, he can't even solve homelessness in LA and San Francisco. The state of Washington lets crypto-miners get away with everything.

As an economics student, and a political science graduate I know this will cause the following.
In terms of politics, this will move the Overton of acceptability of shit laws window. The regulation will gradually force gaming PCS to be less powerful and could affect consoles in the future as they get more powerful.

In terms of economics, if 6 states ban it(this includes the largest state of California), demand will go down, and supply will follow because businesses will adjust due to the reduction in demand.

As someone who has taken an environmental science class, why not ban natural gas/fracking, why not reduce plastics usage, why let Amazon sell shit with half-filled trucks. There are so many policy solutions, but the so-called progressive governor of California Gavin Newsom is too brought off by corporations like the big four(Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook) to regulate their power usage so he goes after the powerless. Introverted gamers.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And just how the fuck do they intend to enforce this? It would be entirely up to retailers to not sell products to those states and even then you just feed scalpers on Ebay who'll gladly sell Californians 3060 Ti's. So what the fuck is the point of this. My electric bill is high because of air condition and a state-wide refusal to prevent utility gouging. Holy fuck I need to get the fuck out of this state.