Eagleland

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

No offense to RDO fans, but does Rockstar have to promise them "Trust the Plan" and "TAHITI" before they catch onto the fact Rockstar doesn't care? Or do they already realize it?
Depends on who you're talking about. Most casual Rockstar fans don't know the ins and outs, nor care too much. Due to either being stupid, too young, or too ignorant. Then you got the die hard fans that will defend anything just to justify their purchase, and be a part of something. And of course, there's always Stockholm Syndrome

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Depends on who you're talking about. Most casual Rockstar fans don't know the ins and outs, nor care too much. Due to either being stupid, too young, or too ignorant. Then you got the die hard fans that will defend anything just to justify their purchase, and be a part of something. And of course, there's always Stockholm Syndrome
I mean, I'm glad people enjoy the game they want to enjoy. It just feels like, as someone who hasn't bothered with RDO but loves RDR2, that Rockstar clearly doesn't give a shit about anything other then GTA:O at this point, due to being a money printer.

Honestly the similarities between RDO fans being led on by Rockstar and the Van Der Linde gang being led on by Dutch are too strong to not comment on.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sigh. The blockchain has gone maverick.

Today in "YES YES YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK!" news.
I wouldn't hope for too much. Atlus does one of these surveys every year, and every year they ask if people want ports of various SMT, Persona and other games. Then some time afterwards, they tease an announcement, people get hyped thinking it'll be for one of the high requested ports, but nah son, you're getting another Persona dancing game or some other spin-off.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Let's see if CBS will block this one as well
Wouldn't surprise me. CBS seems desperate to squelch criticism of the show (and given the reported $200 million budget, one can at least see why). I think that, given how insistent the showrunners are that "this isn't the Halo you know", everyone should start calling it Hey Low.

Given the absolute carnival of idiocy that Mighty No. 9's development and launch was, I foresee a gold mine of unintentional hilarity coming from this.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Given the absolute carnival of idiocy that Mighty No. 9's development and launch was, I foresee a gold mine of unintentional hilarity coming from this.
Some neat designs tho. Can't wait to see the one for Apathetic Ape.

Also, old but likely still relevant tweet

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wouldn't hope for too much. Atlus does one of these surveys every year, and every year they ask if people want ports of various SMT, Persona and other games. Then some time afterwards, they tease an announcement, people get hyped thinking it'll be for one of the high requested ports, but nah son, you're getting another Persona dancing game or some other spin-off.
But they did put Persona 4 on PC for some reason. So...I mean, something could happen.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
But they did put Persona 4 on PC for some reason. So...I mean, something could happen.
Maybe, maybe not. Atlus marches to its own beat. Maybe it'll be like that Persona 4 port again, and kinda come out of nowhere.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
How the fuck the CGI look worse than those CGI cartoons from the 1990's like REboot and shit like that? How the fuck does it look so bad? They could literally take footage from the games and it would be better what the flying fuck?
As ActMan said, this is apparently where all the money and effort went into for 8 years lol

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Inafune, not you too?! You already screwed up enough with Mighty Number 9, don't make it worse.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
As ActMan said, this is apparently where all the money and effort went into for 8 years lol
Dude when he said they have been working on this piece of shit for 8 years I couldn't believe it.

8 years and nobody in production could be bothered to play the games? Nobody thought to write a decent story that kept in line with the games that people already know and love?

Broader audience my ass. Make your own fucking show to appeal to whomever you want. When you are adapting a work that already has a fanbase your priority should be THOSE fans, because they are going to be your first viewers period. It's such an ass backwarders way of thinking that I can't believe people get paid to do this garbage.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I'm actually glad this game got canceled. We already had two Scarface games, another one would have just been an extra redundant.

Hasn’t that last one been a rumor for like a couple years? At this point, Silent Hill articles aren’t worth getting hopes up for as nothing, absolutely nothing has come of the dozens of them we’ve been seeing ever since PT disappeared.