Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Latest game from Mihoyo to be announced after Honkai Star Rail. Combines Honkai Impact's more sexier aesthetic with Genshin's all pandering style in this Urban Post Apoc game.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Latest game from Mihoyo to be announced after Honkai Star Rail. Combines Honkai Impact's more sexier aesthetic with Genshin's all pandering style in this Urban Post Apoc game.
Oh boy, I can already see Twitter "white knights" preparing their torches and pitchforks

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
Oh boy, I can already see Twitter "white knights" preparing their torches and pitchforks

what are you talking about, just people being hyped for a game. Unlike other games out there, it's intended audience are older teenagers who like this aesthetic

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

what are you talking about, just people being hyped for a game. Unlike other games out there, it's intended audience are older teenagers who like this aesthetic
Let me rephrase; I meant the people who will find any reason to be offended by this game. Given how there are plenty of them in Genshin, i would guess this’ll be the same

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Bad ass trailer. Whoever did the editing and music for this trailer deserves a raise. The music reminds me of Jet Set Radio and Redline. If this game came to console, I would not mind trying it out. I am not in to rouge-likes, but this would be another minor exception I am willing to play.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Too bad it's Konami, so I would not get excited.

First time I have ever heard about this story.

Acti-Blizz virtue signaling terribly again!

Sue their asses.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
Bad ass trailer. Whoever did the editing and music for this trailer deserves a raise. The music reminds me of Jet Set Radio and Redline. If this game came to console, I would not mind trying it out. I am not in to rouge-likes, but this would be another minor exception I am willing to play.
You can play it on the PC, but by the definition of rogue like it means it's like the Bloody Palace from DMC where enemy will have skill and stat modifiers from reduce damage dealt after evading to enemy receiving increased damage resistance or recovering a portion of their total HP at the cost of reduced stats

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You can play it on the PC, but by the definition of rogue like it means it's like the Bloody Palace from DMC where enemy will have skill and stat modifiers from reduce damage dealt after evading to enemy receiving increased damage resistance or recovering a portion of their total HP at the cost of reduced stats
I know about it coming to PC too, but I don't think my laptop is going to be able to run it well.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Finally, a great sales number that doesn’t stem from pure greed
Can’t help but think GRRM had at least something to do with this, no matter how small his involvement was. There’s a shitton of GoT fans that probably also play some video games, and that was enough incentive to get on board the FROM train. I doubt it’s the open world factor as a lot of people have grown tired of that too. Being a new IP wouldn’t seem like enough either. Idk how well Sekiro did next to their other games, but probably not anything close to CoD numbers. Which is ironic, given that one was published by Activison themselves.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sony being a dick again? It must be [insert day of the week].

I guess we can expect another couple years of trend-chasing ubermonetized and lackluster games from Squenix then.

Sue their asses.
Here's to hoping they, in particular Deniz Kahn and his buddies, get their teeth kicked in.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So here is the initial list of games that are coming to playstation's new tiered service. The classic offerings are quite disappointing right now, but it's not the entire list so it's still hard to tell, but i feel underwhelmed with it for sure.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

So a bunch of people who don't know each other end up in a random location, and instead of working together to solve their predicmanet, instead all try to kill each other?

...seems legit. 0_0

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So a bunch of people who don't know each other end up in a random location, and instead of working together to solve their predicmanet, instead all try to kill each other?

...seems legit. 0_0
"Of course, don't you know anything about crossovers in fighting games?!" (Nazi German soldier accent).

Bonus points for anyone that gets that reference. It's a tough one.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm actually glad this game got canceled. We already had two Scarface games, another one would have just been an extra redundant.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

...seems legit. 0_0
I'll give them full credit for going all-in on authentic voice actors where it was possible. This and Battle for the Grid were pleasant surprises in that field.

Reactions: BrawlMan