Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I heard about it and I didn't know it was happening today. I'll skip out on this one. Let me know how it is, if you already viewed it.
I dont care about Xenoblade at all, so i didn't watch it. But it's a hype game for some so i figured I'd post it for those who missed it or didn't know it happened.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

View attachment 6450
I don't see the problem. This game is more combat focused anyway. It wouldn't make much sense to waste resources on open world, that doesn't do much different from the rest. If the games has little hub/town areas you could travel in between, that's fine enough for me. I don't need senseless padding.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Do we need a Final Fantasy open world game though? Like....Square isn't very good at open worlds and really don't need Ubisoft in my Final Fantasy tbh.
Well FF15 was open world so it bear mentioning. I do wonder how the progression will be, I doubt it'll be with a world map so I guess some sort of level list is what we'll get. If I'd get to chose I'd go with hub world with various connection to area/dungeon, keep the feeling that the world is connected without the hassle that comes with open world.

Forspoken (please be good) is also open world so it seems like SE is trying to go toward that direction.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well FF15 was open world so it bear mentioning
I feel like FF15 was open as a knee jerk reaction to people complaining about 13 being a hallway. So I think they took the open world route as much as they could (which wasn't great, just ok) and then when it had to move into a FF game at the end, it was a hallway again. FF7 Remake is basically a hallway. Hallways are ok, if the game and the story are good. Just saying.

I do wonder how the progression will be, I doubt it'll be with a world map so I guess some sort of level list is what we'll get. If I'd get to chose I'd go with hub world with various connection to area/dungeon, keep the feeling that the world is connected without the hassle that comes with open world.
The combat looks flashy but it doesn't look like a FF game to me. It looks like something else completely. I am admittedly a bit worried, but right now I still trust that Yoshi P will deliver a good game.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The combat looks flashy but it doesn't look like a FF game to me.
DMC5 combat designer; hence why it's so different.

It looks like something else completely.
Good. This sets FFXVI apart from the more combat oriented FF games.

I am admittedly a bit worried, but right now I still trust that Yoshi P will deliver a good game.
He more than likely will. My biggest concerns are SE sticking their dicks and clits where they don't belong, and screw up with stupid DLC and microtransactions.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Not even talking about the combat tbh. I'm more talking about how they've presented the story so far and the world. It just seems so.....generic? I guess. I mean the giant summons are obviously FF, but they also feel almost out of place.

Trailers do bad to offer full context though, so we'll see.

How? 16 looks like it's going to be pretty fucking combat orientated.

My biggest concerns are SE sticking their dicks and clits where they don't belong, and screw up with stupid DLC and microtransactions.
I'm not worried about that. They haven't put Microtransactions into any single player FF games yet. Though there might be stupid DLC.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not even talking about the combat tbh. I'm more talking about how they've presented the story so far and the world. It just seems so.....generic? I guess. I mean the giant summons are obviously FF, but they also feel almost out of place.

Trailers do bad to offer full context though, so we'll see.
I can see what you mean. Everything story wise you've already seen in Berserk and Tales of Berseria. The latter which also stole from Berserk.

How? 16 looks like it's going to be pretty fucking combat orientated.
What I mean is that FXVI is more combat oriented than FFVII Remake. Remember, DMC5 Combat Designer? Ryota Suzuki? There's gonna be carnage of combo mad videos. Not to say, FVII Remake does not have them, but there will be more of them and more combo expressions super skilled players will pull off. Considering you won't have party members to control or even comman, the main guy is going to have a big character kit.

I'm not worried about that. They haven't put Microtransactions into any single player FF games yet. Though there might be stupid DLC.
I believe you, but I am still concerned.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

He more than likely will. My biggest concerns are SE sticking their dicks and clits where they don't belong, and screw up with stupid DLC and microtransactions.
Less worried about dicks and clits, and more worried about their assholes dropping a big steamy deuce on what could’ve otherwise been a good game.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Steam Summer Sale 2022 has officially begun.

Keep you wallets steady, everyone! And remember to be smart about how much you actually spend

EDIT:
Assuming there even is a game that you want, at a great price, that is

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Steam Summer Sale 2022 has officially begun.

Keep you wallets steady, everyone! And remember to be smart about how much you actually spend
The last time I engaged with any Steam summer sale was in 2019. Even then, I didn't even buy that much. I highly doubt I need anything. I got to save money anyway.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The last time I engaged with any Steam summer sale was in 2019. Even then, I didn't even buy that much. I highly doubt I need anything. I got to save money anyway.
I've gotten to the point my game buying is: Have a list of games I'm interested in, put them on my wishlist, wait for them to drop to the price point I'm willing to pay(Which these days is around $30 for a normally $60 game) and when they get that low, I'll grab it.

Though occasionally I'll be seduced by a game that's like $5 that I have some small interest in(I bought a bunch of Flight sims on GOG's sale for like $15 for 4-5 games, because I do kinda like flight sims even if they aren't top of my list). Or when I see the ME: Legendary Edition on sale for $25 and decide that's worth it for a series I like to get all the DLC and games in one big package with some small graphics and QoL improvements to boot. When I pay $60 to fill up my car and my groceries can be $100 a week for 3 people, $15 for 4 games doesn't feel like much.

It has saved me from a lot of impulse buying, and I'll scrub the wishlists every so often. But that's just something that works for me. Most of my wishlists are games that aren't even out yet, I just want to keep track of them for when they do come out.

And yes, I know I complain about my backlog all the fucking time. I'm well aware of my hypocrisy in this manner.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The only game I have on my wishlist (Chernobylite) isn't low enough to interest me, and the few other games I have even a passing interest in aren't cheap enough either. (I'd get Forza Horizon 5 for $25 easily, but not $48.)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: FakeSympathy