General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This was a real surprise. I wonder if fixing SamSho's netcode will revitalize the game? From everything I've seen, it's fantastic to play solo but an absolute pain online.
I've only played online about three different times, and spent the rest trying arcade and survival. That's where most of my fun came in. Hopefully this will breed new life, because no one has been playing for two years now. Sucks we got to wait another year for this to happen. I'll start doing some playthroughs again later.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Kimberly will be my main! The new successor to Bushinryu is here! Juri is back and the foot fetish fans got raging boners again. Capcom knew exactly what they are doing, and who they're catering towards.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Lot of rapid news of multiple fighting games over the past couple days. Weird.
Because of EVO. Also, these white are so much rollback net code news is that these developers and publishers know they can't survive without it. The day of everyone getting into a room, aside from official tournaments, and playing fighting games together is pretty much dead and buried. Covid screwed all that crap up. Everybody's online.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Because of EVO. Also, these white are so much rollback net code news is that these developers and publishers know they can't survive without it. The day of everyone getting into a room, aside from official tournaments, and playing fighting games together is pretty much dead and buried. Covid screwed all that crap up. Everybody's online.
I still don’t know how they can have money riding on online-based tournaments. It seems like someone would always be blaming netcode or lag or some shit. Also, if everyone’s back in the movie theaters then it wouldn’t seem like such a big deal anymore to have physical tournaments. Just have the chairs spaced further apart if need be, and bigger screens.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I still don’t know how they can have money riding on online-based tournaments. It seems like someone would always be blaming netcode or lag or some shit. Also, if everyone’s back in the movie theaters then it wouldn’t seem like such a big deal anymore to have physical tournaments. Just have the chairs spaced further apart if need be, and bigger screens.
You would think that, but keep in mind, even before covid, a lot of these fighting games had really bad delay based netcode. Waiting on matches anywhere between 4 to 8 minutes. Then COVID happened. And while it is true that people are back in theaters, they're still cases on the rise again, cuz people don't learn a damn thing. And like I said before, a lot of the online for these fighting games are dead or halfway dead, so the rollback net code brings new life and makes people want to play these games again without having lag or waiting long load times. You'll still have your locals every now then, but most people want to game online either because of covid, timing, or just prefer playing online instead of going to friend's house.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Sadly this stat is highly inflated because while my 88 year old grandma plays video games, she's play Alphabetty, and desktop Majong. So....like does that actually count?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sadly this stat is highly inflated because while my 88 year old grandma plays video games, she's play Alphabetty, and desktop Majong. So....like does that actually count?
RAEL VIDYA GEAMZ!!!!

Yes they count as games, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Hawki

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

The other shoe-
…But they aren’t fussing with HDMI cords or charging up controllers – 53% said they prefer mobile gaming.

In fact, the survey found that most Americans who game do so on their mobile devices rather than a console because of the convenience of having a console in the pocket. Call of Duty: Mobile was the most popular game, followed by Roblox and Minecraft as a tie for second.

More stats -

• Only 4% of Americans regularly play game marathons that run 13 or more hours. The largest share of Americans (46%) spend no more than one to three hours gaming in a row, a trend consistent across respondents of all ages.
  • Gen Z and millennials are the most likely generations to play to win, constantly trying to beat records and come out on top.
  • 37% of Gen Xers enjoy some competition, but it’s not the biggest reason they game.
  • 42% of boomers play noncompetitive games and like to go at their own pace.
  • Gen Z is the only generation that spends more time playing first-person shooter games than other genres (29%)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yes they count as games, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Then let's add my dad and his minesweeper addiction. Funny how he plays that but says "real" video games are the source of all evils in society today. fucking boomers.

In fact, the survey found that most Americans who game do so on their mobile devices rather than a console because of the convenience of having a console in the pocket. Call of Duty: Mobile was the most popular game, followed by Roblox and Minecraft as a tie for second.
That's sad, but only because mobile games are evil. God imagine a world where the mobile market wasn't all shovelware dogshit or greedy money sucking holes? Stadia or OnLive could have been amazing if they worked on a mobile network and could be run on phones. Playing full fledged games through your cell phone while eatting at a restaurant or waiting for the bus would be insane.